WELCOME BACK! HERE'S (some of???) WHAT'S NEW AND SHINY!

@dragonmaster77 this problem has already been reported in the style problems thread. Remember to always report problems in the proper Help Desk thread, or they may not be seen!

In other news loving the 'skip to bottom' addition to our back to top thingy!

Okay, so I'm sure I'm going to sound dumb, but where are the OOC threads now?

Okay, so I'm sure I'm going to sound dumb, but where are the OOC threads now?
Go into the Group or One on One section, then into the genre section you want, and the OOC thread subforum is listed above the list of IC threads.

Aah. Thank you.

Ha, I'm still exploring around :P I thought the update was never going to take place, as I've recently made this user, and I had to modify some things in my profile to have it properly finished :P
Overall I think it's pretty good looking, and considering I knew the old format, I'm quite impressed, therefore it was well worth the wait =)

I promised myself I wouldn't say anything, because I know you guys put a lot of work into this update, but wasn't a total overhaul a bit much if you just needed to move a few things around?
Or were certain things that needed to be organized too deeply rooted in the code to allow them to just be moved from one place to the other?

I personally liked the old setup, since, even though there were a few things that were irritating, it worked rather well, and most of it was easy to navigate, but now, everything's been burried in folder after folder.

I know it decreased clutter, and I know there are plenty of people that like Nuwaku, but I honestly had an easier time navigating Owaku because, yes, I had to sift through several pages to find what I was looking for, but I didn't have to do the extra step of poking through the different folders to find those pages.

One thing I have to say is that I'm glad the search function works, or I'd be totally lost. XD

Still, you guys did a good job, and you deserve a long break after this is all sorted out. XD

Reactions: N0VA
I love how that previous version counts as 'Old Iwaku' in some folks eyes.

Hell, dude, I joined back when this was a ProBoards site. Fucking old-ass ProBoards. And I was most peeved when we moved to a nicer, shinier and newer version of the forum cos "BOO, IT'S NEW AND I DON'T LIKE IT".

But if we'd stuck with what we knew, we'd still be rocking that old, shitty setup and our board would be outdated as fuck. Gotta move with the times, man.

Transitions are a bit tough, aye, but they're worth it in the long run. Trust me on that, I've been here nearly eight years.

The mobile version is so clean now compared to the way it previously was! <3

Dude, I love this so much!

Reactions: Minibit
I love it...I love it...I love it!!! Thank you all so much! XD *Gives everyone on Iwaku hugs and cookies for their hard work*

• Thank You
Reactions: Astaroth
As a member of the Great Migration, I find this tolerable.

Blah blah blah change.

Blah blah blah I was here when it was Proboards.

Blah blah blah the layout would have been different if I was still Admin.

Blah blah blah give me attention.

thank you so Much for your hard work on the Updates, everything is just fantastic. :)

So, why are all my posts that I made pretty not pretty anymore? I don't mean colorful, but the text was a certain font and size and it looks.. not like that. Is the default text size no longer 3? All my posts in Trebuchet MS are no longer little and tidy. * ^ *

Digging the new color scheme! Kudos to whoever came up with that. Layout looks tidy on my screen resolution. The sluglines for the categories/sub-categories are a nice touch. And the new post button skins are fun.

Bang-up job!

Heyaah, nice work!

I personally like the updates, though maybe the image of the site has turned a little bit "big and blocky" for my tastes, though I do appreciate the simple style. One part that I especially liked the updates, that got no attention, was that the text box widths got smaller. I did think that the previous width was unreasonably wide, seeming to reach from north pole to the south pole. So thanks for that! Also I really like how everything is in folders, it's so neat and tidy heck yes.

However, I have a question that I'm not sure where or to whom I should direct it exactly... Or if I'm allowed to ask it at all. The UNIVERSE role play section was mentioned in the updates. My group is pretty big and we really miss the separate thread possibilities that we had in the previous site we came from, and the current format is really limiting our growth. Especially I miss it, because I like to sort everything into folders so everything is easier to find and I get happy when everything makes sense. (Yes, a little bit of an OCD right there.) So my question is; would I be allowed to have my group RP moved to UNIVERSE section? Or is it still considered only for the staff? Last time we asked about some months ago we were turned down with the explanation of "it's a staff project and for the staff members only" so I'm not entirely sure if that has changed now or not. If I'm turned down again, no biggie, I won't take it to the heart. But if I get the yes answer I might just cry out of happiness.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Wicked

They're not only for Staff per se, but they are Staff-sponsored roleplay projects and so far have always had at least one Staff member involved to some degree. I'm not sure if the Admins plan for that to change, but there are other criteria they have to meet as well, like whether the roleplay is available for anyone to sign up at any time and etc.

@Diana and @Vay and @Blind Hemingway could probably answer this better.

So my question is; would I be allowed to have my group RP moved to UNIVERSE section?

*MAKES MYSTERIOUS CHIRPING SOUNDS*

So, why are all my posts that I made pretty not pretty anymore? I don't mean colorful, but the text was a certain font and size and it looks.. not like that. Is the default text size no longer 3? All my posts in Trebuchet MS are no longer little and tidy. * ^ *

If it's not already been posted in the Style bugs thread, post it! It should be on the fix todo list.

Reactions: Astaroth
@Ozzie Chanter Thank you for your response, this has given an answer to me in some degree. I think it might meet the criteria when it comes down your example, I mean the S/U is open for everyone at any given time and I honestly would like to let the RP grow more, but I keep getting complaints and drop outs because people say it's hard to keep up with their partners in IC thread when so many people make posts in there, and it's a little bit confusing to keep up what character is where exactly even though I've made a rule about adding a location prefix to avoid confusion. At most I've had about 25 players active at once. Right now the count has dropped to 16, but I'm planning on advertising it again to grow the player base. If there is any info about anything related to this in anywhere, I'd love to study it.

@Diana
tumblr_lqna4iBl3X1qii6tmo1_500.gif

You told me that we'd have an option to smack banned members with fish. I am disappoint Diana.

I couldn't afford the fish upgrade. >:[