Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy is my forte, but I'd do almost anything.
Hey guys. I'm new here, but I've been RPing for close to ten years and I've never been to a forum that had a section like the "Jump-In Roleplay" section. It looks like fun and got me thinking of new ways to approach making RPs. I'm thinking of a roleplay that takes place in a world similar to The Walking Dead. Modern day, realistic, zombies everywhere and our characters trying to survive. Except everybody is going to die. Once you written a maximum of ten posts you must kill off your character in some way and you cannot make a new one. No more than ten posts and you're done. So the RP will rely on new people constantly coming in with new characters and I'm curious to see what stories we could write knowing that at some point you must leave.

This is the extent of what I have worked out for this idea, so please let me know what you think and I'm totally open to suggestions.

Last edited:
So a potential problem with everyone being limited to ten posts is that everybody will be dying at the same time. I was thinking instead that every time a new RPer jumps in, I'd have a random number generated for them between 10 and 40 and that will represent their max posts before kicking the bucket. I think that'll help with the realism as well. Some people will die faster than others. And for the sake of keeping death surprising, the RPer should probably keep the number a secret until they think they're going to kill off the character soon. Highly encouraged to use the OOC to plan ahead and maybe characters will be killing other characters. Maybe you want to kill off your character much much earlier than the max post number given.

Any comments at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.