Weird things people do for "health"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run.

I pretty much can eat what I want, I've got that high-metabolism curse. If it were up to my friends, they would force me to eat fried chicken all day.

Running will keep the gravity away! Promise. ;)

I often times starve myself in a really unhealthy manner, trying to lose/maintain weight after a lifetime of being bullied about it at home. My doctor and my husband both say that I'm fine, but it's a self-hatred thing. I once got so thin that my arms looked like sticks. No diet has ever worked for me; ever, just starvation and exercise, especially combined, (again, NOT healthy and NOT recommended; I know I'm a flawed person).

That said, I do a lot of what many consider to be rather strange cleaning rituals, such as sinus irrigation, blackhead removal with dermatology tools, (to clean my pores before zits even get the chance to form), and using an ear pick tool. To each their own, but all three of them seriously improved -my- life quality, haha. :)

Cayenne pepper and honey cleanser. All you have for 5-10 days warm water mixed with dried and ground cayenne pepper and honey. That's it. No food. no juices just that or water. Does it work? Yes Will I EVER do it again? No, only if someone paid me 3 million dollars to do it would I, but to cleanse myself? Fuck no.

Not only did I become dehydrated, because it cleans you out by making you have severe diarrhea for the whole time and a few days after, but I lost all my energy and became weak as hell. I lost 7 pounds in total, after 7 days but afterwards I was weak, dehydrated and hungry as all hell. I gained half of the lost weight back, eating.

I don not recommend this to ANYONE.
Thank you for the warning! I had actually just read about this and was planning on trying it this week. The same thing happened when I drank "extreme weight loss tea", too. Looks like I just dodged a bullet, there! :)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lawkheart
Status
Not open for further replies.