Weird things people do for "health"

Status
Not open for further replies.
STOP EATING SUGAR.

I lost 40 pounds just by not drinking soda every day. o__o

Take out all bad sugars, reduce the carbs, add in a tiny bit of exercise - good to go! Don't need to do fancy diets and crap like that. And you don't need to worry about fats if they are natural healthy fats.

I like doing a meat + couple veggies for most meals! Then maybe once a week have a pasta or heavy carb meal.
I've been doing that and I've lost 50+ pounds. I replaced pasta with spaghetti squash I think it's called. Really good if you roast it in the oven with a bit of olive oil, salt and crushed garlic.

EDIT: And although I love to eat candy and chocolate, I only eat a bit of it once every two months, sometimes once a month sometimes one time in three months. I replace it with natural sugars, pears and green apples most of the time.

Reactions: dragonesper
Technically speaking you could say I'm on a diet at the current point of time and have been since the start of August. That's if we're being technical about it.

I moved out and into a collective so I've been in charge of my own meals and economy. I've prioritized having food in the fridge, eating regularly and not be flat broke and living on noodles or oatmeal that last week until money.
That pretty much scratched everything called soda, pizza, eating fast food, any kind of ready meals (so damn expensive...) and everything called modern luxury foods.
So my 'diet' has consisted of veggies (gotta love those Asian stores selling fruit and veggies for cheap), eggs (large packs are relatively cheap), meat sold at bargains and basically food you need to cook.

I've been more about since I've had more chances to meet friends and going out in general, plus there's the whole being back to school and returning to training aikido after not training it for three years.
I'm roughly estimating my weight loss to be at least 15 kg ever since moving out (yes, I was pretty much overweight 8 months ago, am still a bit chubby).

In simple terms: Regular meals, minimal snacking, be relaxed about your diet (seriously, you're increasing your stress by obsessing over it), don't sit still and add some exercise to your regular schedule in a way that's fun for you. It might not always give drastic results but it's healthier for you in the long run and better for your body. By starving it you're triggering your body's hunger mode.

STOP EATING SUGAR.

I lost 40 pounds just by not drinking soda every day. o__o

Take out all bad sugars, reduce the carbs, add in a tiny bit of exercise - good to go! Don't need to do fancy diets and crap like that. And you don't need to worry about fats if they are natural healthy fats.

I like doing a meat + couple veggies for most meals! Then maybe once a week have a pasta or heavy carb meal.

That's what I said! D<

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lawkheart
The two biggest heaps of nonsense I've seen are ones Brovo already mentioned: just praying for problems/weight to go away, and homeopathy. At best you'll get the placebo effect from either of these things, and if you're just after that you might as well use real medicine that has a chance of doing something real.

Also, apparently a lot of people are way into the supposed healing power of crystals. Different colors and types are supposed to provide varying benefits, and it works by "charging" them with positive mental energy while thinking of what effect you want to achieve. Basically it's prayer and wishful thinking mixed with a chunk of mineral as an accessory. Ridiculous nonsense.

Leave my cool rocks alone, Jorick! ;__;

The two biggest heaps of nonsense I've seen are ones Brovo already mentioned: just praying for problems/weight to go away, and homeopathy. At best you'll get the placebo effect from either of these things, and if you're just after that you might as well use real medicine that has a chance of doing something real.

Also, apparently a lot of people are way into the supposed healing power of crystals. Different colors and types are supposed to provide varying benefits, and it works by "charging" them with positive mental energy while thinking of what effect you want to achieve. Basically it's prayer and wishful thinking mixed with a chunk of mineral as an accessory. Ridiculous nonsense.
If I find a crystal that lets me transform into a magic girl, I'll be expecting my apology.

Still looking for the focusing crystal for my lightsaber.

You plebes. >:C

Leave my cool rocks alone, Jorick! ;__;
Never.
If I find a crystal that lets me transform into a magic girl, I'll be expecting my apology.
Fair enough.

If you find more than one though, I call dibs on one. I'll be the most kawaii fucking magical girl ever.

I HAVE NOT HAD SOLID FOOD IN OVER 48 HOURS.

THIS MAKES ME UNHAPPY.

EAT SOMETHING!

And atm my downstairs freezer is filled with nothing but chicken wings, pizza and french fries. :3
Do not be surprised if I end up dying this next week.

P.S I call dibs on a magical girl stone too.

I CANNOT. THAT WAS THE PURPOSE OF THE JUICE CLEANSE. AND I'M NOT ABOUT TO BACK OUT.

IT'S NOT WORTH IT!

JUST GOURGE YOURSELF ON POUTINE AND FORGET ALL OF LIFE'S WORRIES!

I CANNOT. THAT WAS THE PURPOSE OF THE JUICE CLEANSE. AND I'M NOT ABOUT TO BACK OUT.

I THINK WE'VE ALREADY ESTABLISHED THAT THE JUICE CLEANSE IS BULLSHIT.

WHY ARE YOU EVEN GOING THROUGH WITH IT?

... -.-

Am I the only one tempted to clobber @fatalrendezvous over the head with something hard like a club or a bat?
Seriously, high level deprivation is dangerous since it kicks your body into a constant starvation mode. Removing minor elements like sweets, soda, energy drinks etc is a lot safer.

Oh yay, more of this cleansing nonsense.

Listen to the doctors.

Also a good read.

tl;dr, doing juice cleansing is uber bad for you because you are depriving yourself of proper nutrition and your body naturally gets rid of toxins because you have something called a liver and kidneys and the weight loss is water loss, so dehydration. A few days of cleansing isn't going to make any positive changes in your body because it's so temporary and you're likely to try to make up for the food you didn't eat by over eating afterwards, screwing yourself over immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.