Weird Food Combinations That Turn Out Quite Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Yeah, what kinds of food have you tried in combinations that don't sound good, but turn out tasty? I've tried fried fish, bread, soy sauce, and mango before as a sandwich(?) and liked it... Years ago... But I'm not sure if my tastes are still the same. ^^;;

Oh and broccoli and cheese isn't so weird, but it's one of my favorite new foods. Ahh, broccoli and melted cheese~

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
I'll... have to come back later when I think of a weird food combination I had, but I just wanted to say that, fried fish, bread, soy sauce, and mango sounds delicious. I want to try that.

Reactions: Hana
Macaroni and ketchup. I've even tried a bit of hot sauce with macaroni too.
I enjoy salad dressings with noodles as well as steamed cabbage with fried bread.

Reactions: Greenie and Hana
Hot sauce and macaroni is legit.

I don't think that I eat many weird food combinations. The weirdest things that I can think of that I like are blood pudding and jam (but for those that eat blood pudding, I think it's a bit normal) and white cheeses and jams on bread (but that's a bit like dessert cheese anyway, right?).

Reactions: Vendethiel and Hana
Hot sauce and macaroni is legit.

I don't think that I eat many weird food combinations. The weirdest things that I can think of that I like are blood pudding and jam (but for those that eat blood pudding, I think it's a bit normal) and white cheeses and jams on bread (but that's a bit like dessert cheese anyway, right?).

I could go for some macaroni and hot sauce right now.

Ice cream and french fries, especially McDonald's french fries. My friend was pregnant and forced me to try it (Along with a few other concoctions that I will neither confirm or deny having given a taste.) and it was actually not all that bad. It became kind of a habit for me when my hubby would take me out for my break to get an ice cream cone and fries. He never tried it, but my kids love it, so at least I don't feel like the oddball in the family.

Also, grape jelly on egg and sausage biscuits. It's surprisingly good.

Ranch dressing with hot dogs and corn dogs. Best done with a mild ranch that will mingle with the other flavors rather than smothering them.

Ranch dressing with hot dogs and corn dogs. Best done with a mild ranch that will mingle with the other flavors rather than smothering them.
The one time I tried ranch, I didn't really like it... ^^;;

The one time I tried ranch, I didn't really like it... ^^;;
My little brother sings ten million praises of it. I sing.. er... one? :P

I love honey mustard dressing, sauce etc! Need to try the pretzels still.

chips ahoy cookies in cream cheese! sounds strange and bad but really good. i make a sandwich out of everything i eat even if there's no bread involved (i have my ways) so literally EVERYTHING i eat is a strange combination.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Hana and Greenie
I always eat my eggs, however format they have, with ketchup. (except perhaps for hard-boiled eggs, but then it NEED mayo o_o)

Mayo + ketchup with poutine

Mayo + ketchup with shepherd's pie

Red wine in mashed potatoes

I cannot eat popcorn without a large glass of milk :D same with most chips, actually.

Fried egg sandwich with a slice of cheese and strawberry jam

Celery covered with Cheez Wiz and warmed up in the microwave (I haven't done this in a long time though)

Cooked ramen noodles with the salty packets applied directly without water, and added soy sauce (salty AS FUCK but so delicious)

Mayo in hotdogs

Pineapple on pizza, fuck you all!

• Love
Reactions: Hana and Greenie
Macaroni & Cheese + Applesauce.
Refried beans on toast.

I always eat my eggs, however format they have, with ketchup. (except perhaps for hard-boiled eggs, but then it NEED mayo o_o)

Mayo + ketchup with poutine

Mayo + ketchup with shepherd's pie

Red wine in mashed potatoes

I cannot eat popcorn without a large glass of milk :D same with most chips, actually.

Fried egg sandwich with a slice of cheese and strawberry jam

Celery covered with Cheez Wiz and warmed up in the microwave (I haven't done this in a long time though)

Cooked ramen noodles with the salty packets applied directly without water, and added soy sauce (salty AS FUCK but so delicious)

Mayo in hotdogs

Pineapple on pizza, fuck you all!

Pineapple on pizza is awesome! That's something else I can go for now.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
chips ahoy cookies in cream cheese! sounds strange and bad but really good. i make a sandwich out of everything i eat even if there's no bread involved (i have my ways) so literally EVERYTHING i eat is a strange combination.
This actually sounds delicious and I want some now.

Oh, something me and the Mister eat a lot is samosa squashed between a bun (I add ketchup to mine). It's yummo and an easy lunch solution lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.