Weekly Poll : The Eleven Silver Plates

Do you conserve energy during winter months?

• Yes

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • I try to, but sometimes it does not work out too well.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • O_o;

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lovie the OG

Manikos Karagiozis
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi, Modern, History; just about anything, really. Though, I am not too big on Romance.
It is November! And it is getting really close to Winter, and to my understanding, it has already snowed in some places.

So, as it gets colder, the more we are going to use central heating and other devices to keep ourselves warm. After awhile all of this can make your low electricity bill go sky high.

In so saying, the poll question for this week is:

Do you try to conserve energy during the
Winter months?

If you do conserve, please share with us how you do so. <3
Comments or any suggestions. :D

Well first everyone gets naked and then get under blankets. I hate being cold! Loath it! If there is a fire or a heat vent I try to get close to it.

I'm on Ocha's side. I'll stand in front of my wall heater for hours.

Drink tea, work out, do stretches(loosens zeh muscles, makes blood circulation eazy'ah) and put on extra clothing. If you have a stove, CHOP THAT WOOD LIKE A HERO

Or you can just freeze, it forces your body to use up more calories while you're doing nothing. If that is what you're looking for.

Other than that, rub up against each other, all the time, if you know what I mean.

I love the cold weather, but I don't like to freeze my ass off indoors. So my answer is no, I don't go out of my way to conserve energy.

When I'm outside I put on tons of layers of clothing to keep warm. In my apartment we have old radiator pipes that span the whole building so we turn ours off and all the other people crank theirs up so our apartment stays nice and toasty regardless of our radiators being on or not

I LOVE THE COLD WEATHER! :D

We don't run the heater in the winter unless it gets below zero. Cause, A - love it cold. and B - love it cold.

We turn the fireplace on if it's a lil chilly and just make use of blankets and stuff!

I really wish I could say "yes" XD. I do try, I keep my room as cold as I can stand, but living in Michigan, the winters can get pretty harsh, and we have pets that are heat sensitive so we can't really just 'deal with it'. I'll probably do more of that when I'm actually living on my own, hahaha. I do love it when it's cold though! I can't sleep unless my room is cold. It's wonderful when your room is chilly and you just get super toasty under your blankets~ and the weight of having so many heavy blankets on is really nice too~

There you have it, Silas likes to get suffocated in bed.

._.

I knew it, you cold-loving people are insane. INSANEEEE!!

lulz, I like that I'm the only one that chose O_o;. 8D

My serious answer is that I do try to conserve energy. I did when I lived on my own, anyway. I got no control over the power my family uses for heaters and such. Usually, I'm fine with just bundling up to keep warm. That's a reason I'm fond of the cold. It means I can get cozy under some blankets and a nice soft hoodie.

There you have it, Silas likes to get suffocated in bed.

._.

I knew it, you cold-loving people are insane. INSANEEEE!!
XD Heeey you're putting words in my mouth!
YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW LOVELY IT FEELS TO HAVE TOASTY BLANKETS. >8D Toasty heavy blankets!

I have a high tolerance (preference, really) for the cold and my apartment is very well insulated, which results in not much in the way of heating bills in the winter months.

It's the summer and the resulting electric bills that is murder for my wallet. Yay for having a room with windows that open in the west!

LOL FAGGETS THERE'S NO WINTER HERE I CAN DO WHAT I WANT WITH MY ENERGY