Webwork

M

MrBriWolf

Original poster
"This is a direct order from the Dear Leader. All civilians are to be in their homes by 9pm tonight. Severe punishment will be sought for those breaking curfew. No exceptions." A happy yet stern female voice spoke over the loud speakers. No one dared to resist, ever since the Occupation, there was no real hope. Sure, the people could live out their lives, yet it was a pitiful existence. Armed men patrolled the streets, searchlights were erected- a wall was put in place... The entire scenario seemed like something out of science fiction. Though behind the patrols and the labor camps, behind all of that, there was a small section of this Occupied city where people were free, somewhat, because of the sheer depravity of their situation.

------------
In the year 2094 the American Armed Forces had occupied it's own people on the grounds of quelling unrest after many allegations of corruption in the legislature. Within 48 hours, the Mississippi River was cut off, the border with Mexico was closed to inbound and outbound traffic, and martial law was declared.

Now? It's 2124, 30 years after the Occupation and as it so happens things have gone from somewhat stable to hell. Cities are occupied by brigades acting out of their own accord- nations are forming from small cities, it's said the Texas Rangers are the nicest of all the Old Brigades, those being the Army's core former branches which have, for the most part, lost contact with their individual units leading to this- groups of soldiers, 50-60 in number, taking over towns and occasionally sections of cities and using them as their base of operations. What for, you might ask? Well seeing how all contact to Washington has been lost over 30 years, you might say that it's so that the soldiers can find normalcy and power.

What this all boils down to are there being five major Confederations, each being made up of numerous towns, cities, and individual citystates, some Military controlled, others controlled by local forces, some in the hands of Inter-Confederate trade organizations. Railways link certain towns in between the Confederations, yet these places are heavily guarded around the clock.

The Eastern Confederacy:
Maine, Vermont, New York State, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Virginia, West Virginia, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Delaware

The Texan Conglomerate:
Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas,
Oklahoma, New Mexico

The Central Confederacy:

Kansas, Colorado, Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona
Note: North half of North Dakota, Montana, and Minnesota razed to make a buffer zone between it and Canada- which is still a whole nation.
The Coastal Confederacy:

Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennesse, Alabama, Puerto Rico

The Western Confederacy:

California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Arizona

---------------
Despite what people say, there is a way to get across the continent still. The Central Confederacy controls much of the weaponry produced, as well as the food, yet it's ruled by a despot who allows trade to flow across, but not into, his towns and cities. This means that train lines are being kept up, which means there is a way out of certain towns and cities within that Confederacy. Texas is seen as a paradise, yet California is the most liberal of the five- albeit the hottest and the one suffering from drought. The Eastern Confederacy produces the most raw materials, and still has nuclear power plants running in New Jersey and Connecticut, though it is ruled by a Monarch who meets with the governors of each state to dictate where to allocate resources- think of them like a Commonwealth of Nations only under one ruler.

The Coastal Confederacy is, by far, the richest. They kept trade ties with Mexico and Europe, so goods flow into their ports daily and up the rivers to the Eastern Confederacy, with which they have a trade agreement.

Our story begins in the Central Confederacy, in Chicago, Illinois.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bio/Application:

Name:
Age (18-29):
Gender (non-binary allowed):
Nationality:
Height:
Weight:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Any noticeable features? (scars, tattoos, etc):
Job within the Community (if any):

My Character:
Name: Viktor Tankoe
Nationality: Russian Hungarian
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 145lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Noticeable features?: A Hungarian flag tattoo, left arm
Job within Community: Bar owner, soldier for Ninth Red Brigade of the Central Confederate Army.

If people want to help me with this, that would be awesome. Songs, flags of different Confederacies, things like that, would be great. I'm hoping to make this all an entire world into itself, and if/when we leave Chicago, I'm planning on fleshing out first Illinois, then the Central Confederacy, then wherever we plan to head, I'd flesh out the culture of that area, the government style, you name it. I'm very committed to my work and have the framework for these things, just not everything down pat.

(Wow, this just sounds incredible.)
Name: Celeste
Nationality: French
Height: 5'4
Weight: 127 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Any noticeable features?: Nope
Job within the Community: Works at her parents old flower shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Jason McPherson
Age (18-29): 27
Gender (non-binary allowed): Male
Nationality: American
Height: 6'
Weight: 210
Hair Color: Shaven head
Eye Color: Green
Any noticeable features? (scars, tattoos, etc): Earring left ear and a scar on his left hand
Job within the Community (if any): Surgeon and Field Doctor in The Coastal Confederacy

Though to you @MST3K 4ever your character would have to have some reason for being in the Central Confederacy for the time being. Perhaps he could have been assigned there to help the local army?

Yeah I think Jason being assigned works just fine. Good call.

Can you link it, please?

I'll have my intro up sometime today.

Okay potentially dmub question (i'm exhausted and trying to read with my eyes blurring up on me...sorry)...has Jason been caught or not?