We Updated Iwaku and the Database only got deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are roleplay resumes just gone now? When I click on my little + it just talks about messages and join-dates. Is the resume out - or am I being incredibly dumb and overlooking them?

As for the site design itself - it looks beautiful and I enjoy having my all grey colour scheme! The new notification side-bar is super fancy as well. Great job @Diana and @jared555 !

Reactions: Touch of Insanity
Are roleplay resumes just gone now? When I click on my little + it just talks about messages and join-dates. Is the resume out - or am I being incredibly dumb and overlooking them?

As for the site design itself - it looks beautiful and I enjoy having my all grey colour scheme! The new notification side-bar is super fancy as well. Great job @Diana and @jared555 !
I can see my own resume on my profile under information. So it's not out. o_o

I can see my own resume on my profile under information. So it's not out. o_o
Ah! Mine's there too. Just the sidebar roleplay resume is gone, then. Carry on, everyone!

We were updating for the groups (which were heavily broken) and because regular updating is needed, the styles were just an extra thing. The groups are installed into iwaku, but they are not up yet because Diana didn't have time if she wanted to open the site as soon as possible. This has been pretty common during updates recently that not everything is finished when we open and we get new things over a few days/weeks after the update has "finished". We could keep the site closed until everything is completely done and only work on that, but member's tend to be pretty restless after only a few hours of down time, so more than a couple of days would probably give people heart attacks. Owl mom is just one little owl whom has to do all the updating on her own, it takes time :3
Gotcha, that makes sense

Aww, I loved the drop-down resume thing though!
Thanks for all your hard work, Mother of Owls! I love the design!

Also, how long has the "Iwaku Horoscope" thing been gone? I really loved it. Is the radio show gone for a long time too? I know these might be outdated, sorry. I was absent for about a year or so.

Yess, I love the forums arranged vertically versus horizontally. It makes everything look much less cluttered!

Edit: oh lmao it changed back just after I posted :(

This update is great.:) I can do my replies on mobile since Color coating is back on it.

*Shrug* Changes are alright. Now where's this updated Group section you all promised? I thought that was the only reason you were doing the update.

I just found the style options in the preferences and boy am I excited to get the sticky navigation out of the way. :D The new color options are wonderful. Thanks for all your hard work Diana!!

Last edited:
*Shrug* Changes are alright. Now where's this updated Group section you all promised? I thought that was the only reason you were doing the update.

See, when you read the announcements you magically get answers to these sorts of questions! Read that first post again! D:

Thanks for all your hard work, Mother of Owls! I love the design!

Also, how long has the "Iwaku Horoscope" thing been gone? I really loved it. Is the radio show gone for a long time too? I know these might be outdated, sorry. I was absent for about a year or so.

Those have been gone for a loooong time o.o

These will be back as soon as I get down the checklist of all the stuff I broke. 8D

i can honestly say that i am in love with the style update. fonts and colors?!?! background too? yessssss. now i have to change my avatar so i feel like im starting fresh. thanks so much for all of you guys hard work!

Also, how long has the "Iwaku Horoscope" thing been gone? I really loved it.

Those have been gone for a loooong time o.o

Actually, before the update you could have found the Horoscopes in the Help section :) So if those were removed it was rather recent (I would also be very sad, I could think up so many ways we could have actually utilized them or at least brought them to people's attention).

On a side note, the mobile version of this site is starting to give me claustrophobia. It's just so bulky and cluttered and makes it uncomfortable to use.

Actually, before the update you could have found the Horoscopes in the Help section :) So if those were removed it was rather recent (I would also be very sad, I could think up so many ways we could have actually utilized them or at least brought them to people's attention).

On a side note, the mobile version of this site is starting to give me claustrophobia. It's just so bulky and cluttered and makes it uncomfortable to use.
We had horoscopes in the help section? o_o I thought those were over and done with like two years ago.

Great update!
Though, on phone, I can't go to "show all messages", only "start a new conversation" option in the drop down thingy.
This is on an iPhone.

We had horoscopes in the help section? o_o I thought those were over and done with like two years ago.
Yeah, they were apart of the cool features I advertised in my newbie introduction :)

Yeah, they were apart of the cool features I advertised in my newbie introduction :)
Well, I haven't been a newb in four years, so I probably didn't look at it :D

Well, I haven't been a newb in four years, so I probably didn't look at it :D
You bring disgrace to your entire ancestry v.v

Status
Not open for further replies.