Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Anime-esque, sci-fantasy, adventure, cyberpunk, high-fantasy, Victorian fantasy. comedic slice of life
0MG7DaZ.png

pj9b3FL.png

pj9b3FL.png

Have you ever wanted to...
take a look behind the veil?
break free?
live?

Hello, and welcome to "ᴠɪɪɪ ┊ 「We Poured Light On Everything」" . "ᴠɪɪɪ" is a science-fantasy, faux-distopian action-adventure roleplay, set in a non-descript fantasy world; Specifically, it is set in the fictional city of Santover, a bustling metropolis, surrounded by the gorgeous wilderness of a vast, pacific-northwestern landscape. While immersion is important, the rule of thumb is that the "rule of cool" applies, and that convenience is important, so the weekdays are still Monday through Sundays, the bright thing in the sky is still the Sun, and so on.

Stylistic references would be Lost Odyssey, Final Fantasy 13 as well as 15, BRINK, Darker Than Black (which is why you should totally check out the mood music linked above, helps getting a feeling for the atmosphere), and John Wick. The technological level will be similar to current day technology, though magitech will be present as well. However, aesthetically, the world will implement both futuristic as well as traditional fantasy elements. A village may consist of modest looking houses and huts, but will still be equipped with technologically advanced devices. I suppose it is similar to League of Legends in that sense, combining usually exclusive features with one another. Honestly, the references mentioned above are super helpful if you ever have trouble imagining anything, but feel free to ask me as well if anything isn't clear.

Key points of the roleplay will be the factions, the secret society within our own, and the mystery of the various super-natural elements present in this world. Activities such as spying, infiltration, assassinations, and exploration will make up the bulk of our time. But enough of the summary...

(Disclaimer: Iwaku's dark theme is recommended, but not necessary.)

DoIQR2V.gif

giEqa7X.png
Who will be the first to ignite the new world?

"Greed reigns supreme whenever compassion is dying." The famous opening line of Croma's President's inauguration speech neglected, however, that the law of might has long ruled society, if only from somewhere within the shadows. They call it the 8th framework; the society below the surface. Economy, politics, war, money, power, peace--it is all decided by the heart of the 8th framework. Fiction likes to call it the New World Order, but what it truly is, is the root of civilization. Those who live in blissful ignorance follow the path that is outlined for them, spinning in stasis, like a cog in the machine, for the entirety of their lives. Those who are part of it know better than to attempt to defy it, for defying the framework is to defy existence.

pj9b3FL.png

ejCVMTn.gif

kSsVf2l.png

It is almost comedic if you consider that the few people capable of putting as much as a dent into the framework's influence are those already part of it--or those doing the best they can to stay clear of its shadowy grasp. The world's best assassins and virtually all Cipher are part of the underworld. Cipher , of course, are the human blessed--or cursed, depending on who you ask--with the Ouroboros, wielding powers ordinary people can only dream of. Despite their phenomenal abilities, Cipher are barely known among the surface society, and the cruel deeds committed by them are attributed to terrorists or the clinically insane instead.

However, times are changing, and slowly, the truth is seeping through the stitches of the veil. Gran Ardeo, the pulsating field of light that traversed the continent centuries ago, has resurfaced, and though it appears harmless, the increasing rates of Cipher -related incidents, combined with Gran Ardeo's appearance has spawned a cautionary populace.

The modern world is at crossroads. Life is as it's always been today, but the calm before the storm is here now, and the people feel it. The 8th framework may very well be untouchable, but not all aspects of it are, and the citizens of the world are becoming increasingly aware of the danger that looms in the shadows. Escalation is imminent.

These are troubling times. People avoid going out at night when they can, and the law enforcement has undergone intense changes. Inland militia and patrolling special ops units are common nowadays. Special investigators scour the streets at night in pursuit of hints of the truth. Absurd imagery such as a woman carrying grocery items, of a man walking his dog in the middle of the city, all are framed by heavily armed enforcers, has become routine.

Is this the future we wanted?

pj9b3FL.png

ZzaYoa6.gif

1AS6vFE.png

No story exists without its heroes.

Perhaps you were a Cipher, a low-ranking servant for the framework. Perhaps you were one of the remarkable ordinary human beings, who have risen to fame for the countless bodies that fell victim to your precision rifle, your skill exceeding even the threat of supernatural abilities. Perhaps you are an undercover agent, ready to die for a shot at the truth. Well, at least you were. Now? Everything is different.

Whatever your resume used to be, your old life is gone, and now you're nothing but a fringe existence on the edge of the real world, and the world beneath the shadows. A war is brooding, just about to take over the world. Will you usher in a new era? Maintain the theater? Bury both worlds? It is your choice, in the end, but for now, you're being set on a path decided by a higher power. You will soon come to know just what and who is backing you on this trip into the dark. It is your time to pour the light on whichever side you wish to expose.

pj9b3FL.png

So this was the interest check! It's not completely perfected yet and details may change, but this is just to see if there is generally interest in this project. There is quite a bit of lore that isn't available yet, as I intend it to be found out via IC exploration, but I assure you there is a solid bit of infrastructure to this pitch. Some notes that may help you get a good idea for the character creation:

Our characters will share that they have been in treatment for a grave injury, and find themselves unable to completely pierce their old lives together from memory. As I anticipate a higher interest in the Cipher roles, exceptions to this are only available for characters that are involved with the 8th framework but are non-Cipher , such as undercover agents (keep in mind that this role, historically, has always ended in premature death), benefactors, or skillful marksmen/assassins/contractors and the like. However, you may also play a non-Cipher character that has been through the same treatment. Exactly what accident lead to this grave injury is up to you, but perhaps you can't even remember, since many of the details that have lead up to it are gone, your memory hazy.

An important thing to note about Cipher specifically is that their abilities, the Ouroboros, are mostly low-key abilities. They are all granting control over reality to a degree, but they aren't completely whimsical. One Cipher may control electricity, but that doesn't mean said Cipher can create thunderstorms at will or become Pikachu on steroids. Instead, they may be able to manipulate the lights or the security system in a building. Another Cipher may be able to steal light away to create confusion etc. The Ouroboros are, for the most part, subtle.

Another extremely integral part of an assassin's existence is the fact they hide their identity on the job. This goes double for Cipher, who would never want to be identified under circumstance. Thus, it is extremely common for anyone working within the 8th framework to hide their identity using masks or similar tools.

It is also important to note that the 8th framework itself isn't like a traditional criminal organization, and instead could be seen as the amalgamation of all criminal structures around the world. It is THE underworld itself, containing many different systems, such as mafias and so on.

If this does get of the ground, I'm also looking for a Co-GM who will help with the administrative work and who would like to give creative output. Two minds are better than one, after all. :P

If you have ANY questions, please feel free to bombard me with them in here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Valor
hi! Welcome back btw (though I think you've been back a while).

Interested. Could probably help GM, since I think I know where you're going tonally, judging by the inspirations and what's written up thurr.

• Thank You
Reactions: sun.
I'm in for this , such a beautifully written concept and certainly sparked my interest!

Want to come take a peak , Lovebug? :3
@Dante

I might hop in on this depending on how much time I have available.

Oh, you know I'm interested. Will be awaiting the OOC until I come up with char ideas, and am happy to offer Co-GM assistance if needed.

Yay, I'm happy you guys are interested. If a few more people express interest I'll get to creating the sign-up thread. I was originally looking at a smaller group, but this roleplay is fairly flexible, so if more people apply, that's cool with me too. And sweet, co-GMs are sorted then, that was a lot easier than expected. :D

I'm interested; the setting and premise for this roleplay seem exceptionally well-built. Will there be a particular posting rate to follow?

I'm interested; the setting and premise for this roleplay seem exceptionally well-built. Will there be a particular posting rate to follow?

Thank you so much! Posting rate will be 1-3 posts per week. I reckon that depending on the scene, some will be faster, and others will be slower, but anything less than weekly is a bit too slow for my taste. I'm also currently GM'ing a roleplay with a slower pace and I definitely want to have this one going a bit faster. :)

Hello all of you who have expressed interest (and also hello to those who haven't)

I have posted a proper thread now, which also contains some additional information. Tiny bits have changed (such as the term Null becaming Cipher: I have reasons, trust me~) but yeah. Lots of info, updated sheet and so on. It also contains the link to the Discord mentioned above.

Figured I'd tag all of you @Valor @Shayla @Eryian @Shizuochan

Link's here:
OPEN SIGNUPS - CHARACTER INDEX - INFO DUMP - ᴠɪɪɪ ┊ 「We Poured Light On Everything」

Ooo. Interested. Still got room?

yeah what Raybees said, I love the darker than black themes here. Can i please join too?

@alaska

Reactions: RayBees
Absolutely! Just head on over to the main thread and get your sheets in. :)

Reactions: RayBees