We Need a Future

"Oh wow...well." She says, shying away, "I don't have much of a story, not like yours anyways. I have a loving mother and a older brother and a older half sister." Autumn. "They're names are August and Summer....well anyways, Summer is my older sister from my...dad's side of the family." Her voice lowered. "My parents met when she was five, after her mom died, my mom took her in as her own daughter. Then when my mom turned 18 a year later, she got the choice of being with my dad for some reason and had my older brother. Then a few years later, I was born...we didn't have much but we wasn't poor. A few years back, my dad got in some trouble and was arrested so I don't like talking about him much," Autumn says. "I grew up on the country just outside of the Revival City so growing up, I grew up with a lot of girls starting families and having babies. I sorta became a right of passage where I'm from. Some of the girls would even sneak in the city when they're sixteen just to get a head start...my older sister and brother have kids now. My sister has a six year old daughter, and my brother has a one year old boy."

Josie giggled, "Ah, Im sure you will see alot more now. Yeah, Im really happy we're paired together. We seem to be a perfect match." she promised. Her heart had been fluttering through this entire time. She was so nervous.

"Really, a story doesnt matter, as long as it's true, and it ends in finding somone, or something you love. Thats pretty, a family of seasons. You're the seasons, I'm the chef.... My god. THAT was really cheesy and stupid." Jake was smiling again, he seemed to like Autumn, and the way she thought.
*BEEP* "I'll go check on the cake." Jake spoke as he walked through the kitchen, and knelt at the stove. "Well, It looks to be done..." He took it out of the oven and set it on a small rack. It was mostly a tan, full color, but had a swirl of bright red strawberry sauce running through it in a spiral. Jake cut a few extra strawberries, and placed them on top.
Carefully, he ran a knife around the pan, and took the cake out. "Good, it is done." Jake sliced it, and took a plate with a fork to Autumn, "Here, try it. With any luck, its either as good as my worst, or better than my best."
He sat down on the other side of the couch, and took up a plate and fork for himself.

Blake gently nuzzled her shoulder. She was so cute. He blushed slightly. "Anything else you want to do at the moment?" he asked curiously.

Josie smiled at him. She actually really didn't know what to do at the moment. "Whatever you want. Im actually clueless on what to do right now.." She told him. She was still blushing. She had been the entire time.

Blake thought for a moment. "Tired?" he asked softly, shifting to hold her on him, her head on his chest.

Josie let him. She glanced up at him as she was layed on his chest. Her heart was fluttering against her ribcage. "Im more awake then I have been in a while."

Blake nodded with a soft sigh. His heart was beating like a drum, but he didn't care. He closed his eyes. "It was a long drive here...but I don't feel near as tired as usual when I take long rides."

Josie laughed against his chest. "I took a train, I live on the other side of this wasteland called a country." She said then sighed. "If it wasn't for this revival thing and the human race supposedly becoming extinct, we wouldn't have met eachother. " she muttered. The human race wasn't a good topic for her, she had seen many people die, not that she knew them.

Blake gently rubbed her back. "If I hadn't of met you..I'd never be complete." he said softly, yawning a little.

Josie nodded slowly and layed one of her hands on his chest. She closed her eyes, "I dont think I would be complete either. I would be lost.." she stated. Her brown curls softly fell in her face, she tried to blow them out.

Autumn blinks a bit as she sees Jake hurry to get the cake from the oven. When she was giving a piece, she takes hold the plate in her hands and picks up the fork, taking a bite of the cake, she takes a few chews before swallowing, "that's really delicious." She says and takes a few more bites of the cake.

"Good, I'm glad you like it." Jake set his plate down, and relaxed somewhat on the couch.