We Need a Future

When Levi opened the door to her new home, it was like opening a door to a new world. The place was smaller than what she was used to but was something that she didn't mind. She liked it actually and thought it was cute. She walked in and examined the appartment, and started to place her belongings where she wanted them to be.

She didn't know who her partner was going to be, she didn't really care about this whole 'Revival' things anyways. She didn't like the idea of not being able to choose who you get to spend the rest of your life with. 'We're all adults now. Why can't we make are own decisions?' She thought, crumpling the piece of paper with the name of her parter, later throwing it in the trash. She then took a deep breath and started to place her clothes in the empty drawers in the master bedroom and waited for her partner.

Autumn didn't like the bed as well. She liked hearts, but that was just outrageous. She watched Jake look around the kitchen and smiles nervous. Putting on her jacket, she heads back to Jake with the key of the apartment with her so that she can lock up.
"So um...what's this café you were telling me about?" She asks, trying to get a conversation going.

"I didn't go in, but it seemed nice. Do we have to pay or something?" Jake stepped outside, and looked at the sky. Looking back at Autumn, he said, "Here, lets go."

"Okay." She says and starts heading down from the main building with Jake to the café in the area. If they needed to pay, then she had some money on her that she saved up from her days working with her mom. The area around them looked really nice and clean. Most of the citizens here were parents of their own so you can see some couples with a stroller or two with babies in them. However its only those who can get a good job in the city that can stay here after a year of the baby's birth. There wasn't much a crime issue here because police guarding the entrance ways and such.

When they arrived at the café, it looked so warm and cozy inside which made the girl smile. "Wow this place is so nice." She says. Autumn was a bit of an optimist and tried not to see the negative of things. Everyone back home called her naïve or just plain stupid but she wasn't.
When they walked up to order, the cashier asks them to what they wanted. "Um...I want a hot chocolate...what do you want Jake?"

Blake smiled. "Cool. Well, I'm eighteen too," he chuckled, "and I love to draw and write..I have 2 younger sisters. They're so sweet. I helped my parents take care of them.." he smiled. "And I listen to all kinds of music...and...anything else you want to know?"

Jae stepped inside the room, setting her stuff down. She was shaking..and she wondered who this Victor guy was. She sat down on the couch, hugging her knees to her chin, not bothering to see if he was already here.

"I'll take the same." Jake walked over to the counter, and gave Autumn the money he had. "Here, I'll go get us a seat." He walked off, and sat down at a window booth. A server approached him, and asked, "erm, sir? Have you and your wife already completed what you came here for?" "What? I just met her... Why do you ask?" The server seemed to want to curl up and die as he spoke again. "Well, um, partners at your level have to sit back here." He gestured to a hallway with closed rooms with locked doors. "I think I would prefer to stay out here, thank you." The server quailed, then walked away. Jake looked around and said to Autumn, in the now empty cafe. "It seems to be a nice day, I wonder why this place is deserted..." Jake walked back to Autumn, and waited with her for the drinks.

Autumn looked really offended and rather sad. "Because everyone is probably back at the main building." She says and tries to smile, "say, let's go back okay?" She felt really embarrassed after that happened. It seemed like this place was all about reproducing and that made her feel uncomfortable.

Josie shrugged and layed back on the bed. It wasn't the heart shaped bed, it was just a normal king sized bed. She sat back up and put her arms around Blake's neck and sat her head on his shoulder.

It was all new to her, but she definitely tried to get to know him, it wouldn't be right if she didn't.

Jake smiled, and held one of the drinks. They walked out the door, and stood outside. Jake turned to Autumn, and spoke, "Hey, are you alright? You seem sad."

"Yeah I'm fine, I just...want to go back and finish cleaning up our new home." She says and takes her drink from him.

"Alright then, lets do that." Jake walked back with his partner, and opened the door for her. ((Is this an apartment, or normal house, or flat, or what?))

((Its an apartment))

The blonde walked inside and lays down on the couch. She wanted to clean up but she just felt exhausted after today.

Blake wrapped his arms gently around Josie's waist. He smiled gently and leaned back, laying down, her beside him. "Hmm..Any favorite movies?" he asked softly.

Jake walked into the master bedroom, and took a shower. He came back out, in black jeans, a blue t-shirt, and a buttondown over shirt. Jake walked into the kitchen, and scrounged up what he could. He found a carton of eggs, cheese, milk, butter, 9 packs of cream cheese, strawberries, spices, and graham crackers. "Seems like they left the bare minimum..."

He put a the cream cheese in a mixer, and whisked it to submission. He added in spices, eggs, and milk, then took another bowl, crushing the crackers as he went, he pulled open the oven, and set it. Jake poured the crushed graham crackers into a bowl, and added spice, and butter. Smiling, now, he pressed it into a pan, and put it in the freezer. He took the strawberries, and pureed them with cornstarch. He then poured the cream cheese mixture into the cold pan, and swirled the strawberry sauce into it.

He put it in the oven, dusted off his shirt, and then walked over to Autumn, and said gently, "Hey, you're not allergic to dairy, by any chance? I made us a cheesecake."

Autumn had never seen a man make food before and it baffled her. "Uh, I am not allergic to anything other than shellfish and nuts." She says. "I'm sorry but I've never seen a man cook before."

Josie smiled and looked into his eyes. "Well, I am a horror movie buff, my faveorite horror is Saw. Its totally not scary." She told him then laughed to herself. She played with his hair on the back on his head. It was so soft.

Blake chuckled. "That's great..I love horror movies too! Honestly, I haven't seen a lot though, due to my sisters." he smiled. "I'm glad we got paired..you're a wonderful person, and it seems we have a lot alike."

"My father, or... One of them, he taught me. It's not that hard, if you actually care about the dish." Jake grinned, cooking, and talking seemed to make him happier. "It'll be about half an hour before it's done." Jake sat down on a chair close to the couch, so Autumn could lie down. "Do you want to talk, or would you prefer I left you to sleep?" He ran a hand through his hair, and restored it to its original spike.

"Oh no we can talk. I think it's better that we do that." She says, sitting up. "So um...you mention your father...or one of them...what does that mean exactly?" She asks curiously.

"Well, growing up, I was turned from my birth parents to a couple of different foster parents. My blood father, was a smoker, and my blood mother was a drinker. They both died when I was young, then I went to one of my 2 foster choices: a uncle, or the agency. I chose the agency. My uncle had bad reputation with my family, but he was the only living relative. In the agency, I got sent to a upper-middle class family, not rich, but not poor. There, my foster dad taught me to cook, and the foster mother taught me to play sax." Jake sighed, and his smile renewed. "My brothers are in revival too. One of them is a father already, I beleive. The other came in earlier this day." Jake stopped talking for a bit, then looked over to Autumn, "Anyway, how about you? What's your story?"