We Need a Future

Josie tensed up, but then untensed. She sighed and leaned into his embrace. She laughed at his comment, "Thanks, " she turned her head for a second. "You smell good too, actually.. Very good."

Blake held her close and chuckled. "Thanks." he said, swaying slightly to the music, his head still on her shoulder as he held her close. She was warm. It was comfortable.

Josie closed her eyes and stayed against him. She didn't even know him, but she felt he was nice, and he would keep her safe if anything happened. She turned her head and looked up at him, "You know, when I saw you in line. I hoped you would be my partner. Im glad you are, since you seem sweeter then most guys.

Blake chuckled. "I thought the same thing too..I was sitting here wishing you would come through that door." he smiled softly, holding her close.

Josie smiled and began to sway along with him. Maybe this won't be as bad as I thought. she thought to herself. She reached up to his hand and took it into hers. "What do you say we do now?"

"Whatever you want, Josie." He said, rubbing his thumb across her hand. He still swayed softly, nuzzling her shoulder softly. His heart fluttered a little. "Anything you want."

Josie pulled away from him, though still holding his hand. A slight flush upon her cheeks. "Maybe we should to get to know eachother better.." she suggested. Then looked down to her feet, "You know, before we have to.. y'know. " she said, blushing even more.

Jake wandered inside, and looked around for any signs of security, or anybody other than other Revival test subjects. Satisfied that he wasn't being watched, he went to a terminal, and looked up Autumn. On his way there, from a small windowsill, he pulled up a small bunch of flowers, and picked at them, cleaning them, on his way there.

Near the building, he walked past a cafe, he noted this in his mind for later. "Ok, so, lets take stock of the situation. One, I'm stuck in a city. Two, the purpose of this city is to reproduce... People our age shouldn't have to do this against our will." Up the stairs he went, until he reached the room. He knocked, and said,

"Hello? I'm Jake, we were assigned to each other. Listen, I don't really want to get to... what we were sent here for, without getting to know you. There's a small cafe next to the lobby, do you want to go there instead?" He shifted from one side to the other, and ran a hand through his spiked brown hair.

Blake nodded. "That sounds like a wonderful idea." he said, smiling softly. "Ask me anything." he chuckled. "Anything at all."

Josie smiled and stood next to him. "Hmm, Whats your favorite color?" She asked, her hand was still intertwined in his. Josie still hoped that he would be kind to her out through this thing.

"Blue. I loooove the color blue...any shade." he said, holding her hand softly, smiling at her. "What's your favorite color?" he countered, tilting his head slightly.

Josie thought for a moment, now leaning on his arm. "I actually have two favorite colors, black and green." She answered him. The brunette haired girl glanced up at him. "Your turn!"

Blake chuckled slightly. "Hmmm...What is your favorite thing to do? Like, favorite hobby or something." he said, letting her lean on his arm. He smiled softly, his gaze gentle as his eyes watched her's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josie smiled, "Oh thats hard. I like to.. sleep? Is sleep a hobby?" She asked then shook her head, "I usually listen to music alot. I sometimes draw, you?" She corrected. A smile played on her lips.

Blake smiled. "If you want sleeping to be a hobby, it can be one." He said gently. "I like to draw and write." he said, his thumb gently rubbing the hand he was holding. "Your turn."

Josie laughed, she nodded and looked down to his hand, which was rubbing hers. "Actually, I dont know what to ask. Maybe just name off things about ourselves? " she asked.

Blake smiled. "Okay..hmm....you go first." He said. "Wait...do you want to sit down, or stand here?" he chuckled, realizing they'd stood here the entire time they'd been talking.

Josie shrugged, but she went to sit on the bed, removing herself from Blake. "Well, I am eighteen. We all are. I listen to ACDC if you didn't know," she gestured to the stereo. "I love horror movies, I watch spongebob.. alot. I love chocolate, white chocolate to be exact." She paused. "Maybe you should share some stuff?" She asked with a smile.

Jake wandered inside, and looked around for any signs of security, or anybody other than other Revival test subjects. Satisfied that he wasn't being watched, he went to a terminal, and looked up Autumn. On his way there, from a small windowsill, he pulled up a small bunch of flowers, and picked at them, cleaning them, on his way there.

Near the building, he walked past a cafe, he noted this in his mind for later. "Ok, so, lets take stock of the situation. One, I'm stuck in a city. Two, the purpose of this city is to reproduce... People our age shouldn't have to do this against our will." Up the stairs he went, until he reached the room. He knocked, and said,

"Hello? I'm Jake, we were assigned to each other. Listen, I don't really want to get to... what we were sent here for, without getting to know you. There's a small cafe next to the lobby, do you want to go there instead?" He shifted from one side to the other, and ran a hand through his spiked brown hair.

When Autumn arrived at her apartment, she saw how bare it was. It looked nice sure, but it didn't feel like home. Since her belongings were brought up, she decided to just unpack herself. She finds the master bedroom and saw a large queen size bed and a flat screen TV already installed in front of the bed. There were two separate closets and two dressers. Along with this, there was a bathroom attached to the room, with a separate shower and a large bathtub inside. After she unpacked, she wondered around a bit and saw that she needed to go grocery shopping and there was pots and pans and utensils which was good because having all that stuff would make everything easier to cook.

When she hears a knock at the door, she goes over and says, "yes?" Only to see Jake with flowers. Listening to him talk, she blushes lightly and says, "oh my, well let me get my jacket, you can come in, after all, you live here now as well." She says, letting him inside and going to her room and getting a light jacket. "Make yourself at home!" She shouts to him. It was obvious that Autumn had done some decorating herself.

Taken aback by the girls personality, he put the flowers in a vase, filled it with water from the tap, and placed it on a small vanity.
"Wow... This place... It looks a lot better than half the houses I grew up in. I don't like the shape of the bed, though. Rather... Tacky?"
The piece of furniture in question, seemed to be taken from a motel. It was red, and heart shaped.
"I suppose we could find another bed, and upholster this one so it isn't straight out of a motel. I do like the red, though..."
Jake walked into the kitchen as he talked, and inspected the situation there. Empty cabinets, good stove, and all the trappings of an adequate kitchen.
He shook his head, and walked back to the entryway. Smiling, scanned the room, not half bad, with a bit of work, perhaps it could improve even more.