1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
In a kingdom set in another (time or place I don't care) a Royal family is killed by one they trusted, the king calling him the son he never had, and planned for his daughter to wed the advisor when she came of age. However the advisor wasn't willing to share the throne, it was him or no one at all, so one day he struck out, killing the family, the daughter escaping with the help of her personal guard, however she was greatly injured so he leaves her in a distant village where they could both care for her and hide her, the new King deciding to use the crime to find the princess by framing her guard, and knowing that he could break the warrior to get the location of the princess.

The only way for the guard to clear his name is to find not only proof of the crime, which is hard for it was done in the castle, but the kings' armor, for only his daughter knows where it laid after the royals death, but it will guard him again the tyrant kings magic and give him the edge he needs to potentially overthrow the tyrant and return the princess to her throne.

latest?cb=20110808145837

5uwdl.jpg

"We trusted you, and you ruined us!" A man cried, standing at the feet of another, whom had flames in his hands and a glint in his eyes. "You expected me to stand by and let a girl rule the kingdom?" He asked as he raised a leg, kicking the older man who let out a groan as he rolled off. "No, you see, power should only belong to the strong, and to that I say that I should rule the lands, and with you gone, and the rest of your family dead none will dare oppose me." The younger man laughed before kneeling down, the magic still on his palm. "Long live the king." He whispered as his hand slammed down on the older mans throat, screams filling the halls. Once the man was still, the new king stood, heading for the princesses chambers.

(You can make her image/name however you want sorry for the short starter! )

Princess Inez

Princess for rp on Iwaku.jpg

The ruthless adviser would not find her in her rooms that day. She'd had an odd unsettling dream and had taken sanctuary in her favorite place, the arboretum. Surrounding herself with the beauty of the flowers and their intoxicating aroma calmed her and helped to steady her frazzled nerves. Things had begin to change in the castle over the last few months since her father had taken ill. The servants were speaking of things in hushed whispers and shakes of their head as she passed. Though she never heard what they were saying, she could see the looks on their faces and the pity in their eyes.

Was she ready to accept the challenges of ruling the land? She'd been preparing for it all her life, but she had believed her father would live much longer than this and allow her time to grow into the role more slowly. But if he were to die of this illness, what then? were the servants afraid she would fail? Why were they whispering?

She rose from the bench she had been sitting at pondering the oddities of the dream and brushed her hand over her bangs to move them from her eyes, "It does no good to sit here and wonder what they are thinking. I should go and check on Father."

Aceus dutifully stood off to the side. He dreaded the whispers and murmurs of the staff. Something happened but none were outright speaking. Almost as if they were afraid to acknowledge aloud what had transpired. "Princess." Aceus said as she rose, dipping his head in respect a closed fist across his chest as he bowed. "Shall we return to your chambers?" He asked as he raised his head and awaited her response. Aceus was raised alongside Inez always told to protect her, keep her safe, as soon as he was old enough to of course.

He knew the burdens she held. The illness of her father, the uncertainty of the future and the laws that binded both of them to roles that neither asked for. He kept silent his mind churning as he waited for her response not daring to speak out of turn.

He had reached her chambers, although the guards that tried to stop him littered the halls, two here, three there, he didn't care. He was King now. And a King could do as they pleased. Although it angered him to reach the princesses chamber and be met with silence. He allowed his anger to cloud his mind once more as he used magic to break the door a quick search of her room showed nothing of her whereabouts.

He was surprised when one of the maids returned to change her bedding and was greeted by Erus sitting on the princesses bed. Although a quick binding spell held her in place. "Tell whoever you meet to help you find her, tell her that the King wishes to speak to her." He said and waved his hand as the maid took off, terrified.

The staff knew she liked to walk the Arboretum when unsettled and this time was no change. She raced in earning a confused look from Aceus. "Apologies my Lady." The maid bowed. "I was sent to find you."

Reactions: PoetLore
Inez looked at Aceus and smiled. He was her constant companion, and had been for as long as she could remember. His presence did make her feel safe and comfortable, unlike some of the other guards who always seemed to scowl in their fierceness. "Already?" she asked not able to hide her disappointment at how swiftly the time alone had fled. "Do I have time for a turn around the gardens?" she asked a tone of hopeful anticipation in her voice.

She was about to make her argument for the walk when a maid ran in and said she had been sent after her. "Who has sent for me?" She inquired, attempting to find if she might delay her going for a few minutes and take the walk as she wished first. She watched the maid though and could see something odd in her behavior, and in her eyes, "Is something the matter? You look quite distressed."

"Erus is awaiting you in your chambers." She said slowly. Afraid of the Advisors magic. For all she knew he was listening right now and if she said one wrong thing out of turn he would attack her. She shivered slightly. "He uhm. Was quite vehement about meeting with you m'Lady." She said with another now trying to hide her fear.

"Erus never wants to meet." Aceus said with a hand instinctively on the hilt of the dagger on his side, his sword strapped to his back for use as needed. "I wonder why he will want to meet." He asked himself but nodded. "Princess if he wants to meet you rather then your father.....perchance...." Aceus coughed softly trying to avoid the words.

/Short sorry!/

Inez's eyes widened in shock. "Erus..is IN my bedchamber?" she asked and saw the maid's terror. "Vehement was he?" She asked and then narrowed her eyes. She looked at the maid. "Return to Erus and tell him I am on my way please." She waited for the maid to leave the arboretum before she spoke to her trusted guard.

"Aceus," she said quietly, "We must find my father...if he is indeed gone I must find the armor. I cannot hope to stand against Erus without my father's armor." She was thinking as she moved out the door and toward her father's chambers, "I will not be able to avoid Erus long..." She was casting him glances at they moved as fast as she could go. They arrived at the door to his chamber and she could tell by the looks from the guards there that they would not find what she hoped. She threw open the door and ran to her father where he lay on the floor. His eyes were wide open and full of fear and his throat was charred black as if fire were laid upon it.

Her eyes were instantly filled with tears and she hugged him close one last tame and then forced herself away. "Erus has done this. His magic is evident in this..." She looked down at her father, "He will pay Father. I swear to you. He will pay."

A guard poked in his head, "Flee Highness...he will find you and kill you as well."

Inez looked at Aseus, "What should I do?" She asked, "Where could I flee from him?" She had only been outside the palace walls three times in her life. How could she flee? Erus no doubt was banking on the fact that she would not leave the palace grounds, "I must do what he will not expect...help me."

"We will flee, there are places outside the palace, some I'm sure Erus will know, but there are some places out there under spells even Erus would have trouble breaking." Aceus promised. "Princess you must trust that we will do what we can to protect you. I will do what I must to protect you." He said sternly his eyes glowing with rage.

"We will leave. I will ensure that Erus will not know until we are safely gone that you have left." Aceus waved his hands at some soldiers that were standing around. They had heard, listened and understood without verbal orders. They would distract Erus for as long as they could. They and what little soldiers were in the castle that knew what was going on.

Aceus pressed a hand to the nearby wall a small insignia standing out where his hand pushed away some dust. The father had placed secret passages for this very thing. Servants used them as shortcuts around the castle so of course Aceus was taught the tunnels in case of an emergency. "Come along Inez." He said motioning towards the tunnel.

Inez watched as Aseus took control of the situation as if her were one of the knights and that surprised her a bit. She had never thought of him as a knight, just as a companion and guard and sometimes as a confidant and friend. Her life had been one of isolation and loneliness, but he was the one constant throughout all of it.

She listened and nodded, "I trust you Aseus." She assured him as she grabbed a few things from a hidden compartment that slid out from under her father's bad. Pulling the case off the bottom pillow she threw everything into it and tied a knot in the top and then moved back to Aseus' side. Shew as obviously aware of the tunnels as well, but not this particular one and she wondered why. Before she had time to give that thought more time, they were in the tunnel and moving through it as fast as she could go.

She was afraid, but she moved as quickly as she could in her cumbersome gown and crinoline. The sheer weight of the garment was tiring her out though she she grabbed his arm, "Wait...please." She turned her back to him and lifted the shirt and unhooked every underlayer of the clothing and stepped out of it. The dress now was far too long, so she reached down and grabbed the back of the hem and pulled it up and through the bow t her waist in the front, "Thank you, Aseus. Now I am ready to continue."

Aceus waited as she adjusted her clothing to better fit the travel. "We spared enough time M'Lady." He said with a small nod. "We will head towards Tilak village. There we can seek refuge for a short while perhaps three or four days before having to move on."

He explained as if she knew, but he was trained in much more then swordplay and social etiquite, when he wasn't by her side he was taught of the tunnels, of the hidden villages that were safe for events such as this should the royals had to flee. He had everything memorised and luckily he also was born with a level head and could keep calm.

Once they were outside he headed towards the stables where two horses were tacked and saddled ready to ride. Aceus grabbed the reigns of a tan stallion, sitting in the saddle waiting for Inez to clamber on the other horse.

Inez followed and listened as he explained what he'd been taught and how he knew about things that she herself did not. she wasn't surprised that she had been left out of the loop, but it still stung a bit to know it. Had her father so little faith in her? Three days wasn't much time but it was enough time for her to alter these clothes into something more suitable to traveling.

They were soon out of the actual palace and moving across the gardens and to the stable. There were two horses saddled and waiting for them and she slid her foot into the stirrup and lifted herself up onto the mare without any trouble. It was her favorite mount and she was a good rider. Once she was settled she looked over at him, "Lead the way Aceus, I can keep up."

They had spent enough time riding together for him to be aware of her abilities. She had said it more to encourage herself than to tell him anything. "How far to this Tilak Village?" she asked once they started out. She'd never left the palace grounds before, so she was wondering how far he felt they had to go to escape Erus.

"Not to far, just within the first mountain pass." Aceus said as he spurred his horse on, sending it at a gallop. The further away they were from the castle the better. He knew the village, and was even friends with the leader of its people. He knew for a short while they would be safe, and at the present time safety was what his main priority was.

He could still picture the old maps, crude hand drawings that marked the villages unknown by any but the royals, of runes and symbols that marked things of safety or danger. His heart seemed to twist in his chest as he longed for the old days, when he and Inez were still children. He never hated being chosen, he cared for Inez as he was taught, and hated being away from her for too long.

He was daydreaming, of a time and place where they could be just, people. Not a Princess and her guardsman, but just, Aceus and Inez. He snapped out of his dream when his horse let out a loud whinny, he looked around trying to find the source of the horses fear then realized looking at the sky behind them a storm was rolling in.

"We need to find cover, I think somewhere nearby is an old mine-shaft entrance we can use to stay for the night." He said to Inez waiting for her response not wanting to seem as if he ever undermined her authority.

Inez stayed close as they rode on toward the mountains. She'd seen them from afar all her life but the closer they got the more she was in awe of their grandeur. The colors were so much more vibrant and the scents of the trees were intoxicating to her senses. It was rushing by far too quickly, for her to appreciate the sight as she wished to, but it could not be helped. One day though, she promised herself right then, she would return and enjoy them as they should be.

Her mare too was acting strangely, which was not at all characteristic of her. Leaning down to brush a gentle hand over the mare's neck to soothe her she heard Aceus' voice. She lifted her head and turned to follow his line of sight and saw the black clouds forming and seeming to chase them. "Could this be more of Erus' magic?" she asked as she furrowed her brows a bit. "We are away from the palace Aceus," she said honestly, "I am useless out here. You are in charge. Lead us to safety."

So I thought I had replied to this and lo and behold I guess it didn't post XD
————————–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–—–

"Might be magic, but either way we best seek shelter. Even if it is a simple storm." Aceus said turning his horse Eastward and heading for the nearby hills. The green grasses gave way to brown dirt as the mineshaft entrance drew near. The entrance wide enough to accommodate the two and their horses a sign nearby marked it as a cart entrance, Aceus got off his horse and walked over to the wood, pressing a hand against it and nervously shuffling his feet as dust and dirt fell to the ground. Barring the storm being actual magic the wood might hold enough to keep through the night. Although he knew it was so weathered eventually the entrance would collapse.

He tacked his horse to a wooden bar built into the stone and rummaged through an old bag left near the bar and found some matches. A fire would be helpful in the storm, to keep their limbs from locking in the cold. He also had the mind to have the stablehands stock his saddle bags with dried meats at least until he could properly hunt.

He walked back over to Inez and held out a hand to help her down, his eyes watching her, seeing if any emotions were to be read on her face. He knew this was difficult, and the road to right wrongs would be a long and arduous one, but he knew he wouldn't give up, and he hoped she wouldnt either.

Inez followed turning to the east as well and frowned when she saw the condition of the mine opening. She watched him touch the wood 'door' and saw it crumble in his hands a bit. He seemed to be set on this location however, and when he approached her she took his hand, accepting his help in dismounting the horse. She was tired, but not at all willing to show it. he was risking a lot to help her, and she was not about to make this any harder on either of them by giving in to physical aches and pains. She rubbed her hand down the mare's neck and spoke softly to her, "I'm proud of you Merry..." she said as she stroked the thick neck of her faithful friend. She tethered her off as Aceus had and then looked up at him.

Fatigue could easily be seen in her eyes but her smile was bright and full of energy. "Shall we go inside?" she asked as she glanced at the entrance to the mine. her head turned toward the storm as the wind began to blow more intensely, bringing with it the scent of the rain to come. "I do not think we have much time..." Even as she spoke drops of water began to fall on them.