We are the cure. (OOC)

I'd say there is another spot or two open. So go ahead and make a character.

Reactions: Brea
Yooooooo. Is this a thing I can join, still? I'm a bit late to the party, but...

If you can get a character up, I don't see why not.

• Love
Reactions: noodle
Full name: Carter Reid
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Nationality: English
Languages spoken: English

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
Height: 182cm
Weight: 80kg
Eyes: Grey/Blue
Hair: Black
Figure/build: athletic
Tattoos: none yet
Piercing: eyebrow piercing though often removes when working with particular clients
Scars/distinguishing marks: scar on palm of left hand from deep glass cuts, keyhole surgery scars on shoulder, scar running down centre of upper chest from open heart surgery
preferred style of clothing: at work Carter is well known to be wearing formal attire though this changes dependent upon the situation. In his own home he usually wears jeans or tracksuit pants with singlets and t-shirts, outside he is mostly seen in jeans and button up shirts with a long tail coated jacket.
Frequently worn jewellery: simple black eyebrow piercing. Medium thickness chain necklace
Costume: Carter has adopted the use of military style wear rather than a stylised costume. Pants - para aramid lined black jeans designed for practicality and suitability for action or alternatively black leather pants. depending on climate will also utilise thermals under gear. White or black singlet and dependant upon conditions either a short sleeved or long sleeved acs shirt. additionals are either a black vest (designed to carry bullet proof plating) or a black leather biking jacket.

HEALTH
Smoker? Infrequent smoker
Drinker? Loves a good spiced rum before hitting the beers
Drug User? Which? Infrequent user, has dabbled in whatever his clients have offered, most often a plethora of party drugs. Abstains from marijuana, meth and heroin.
Addictions: nothing specific
Allergies: none
Any physical ailments/illnesses/disabilities: diagnosed with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy inherited from his mother’s side. He has experienced heart palpitations during drug use because of this however at the time the condition was undiagnosed.
Any medication regularly taken: beta blockers and other medication has other issues arise.

PERSONALITY
Likes: being in control, entertaining people, summer and hot days
Dislikes: having to wait, speaking about his mother and family, needy people
Fears: turning into his father, being lonely
Favourite colour: navy blue
Hobbies: was an avid soccer player but had to stop once diagnosed, snooker, rugby and hockey, loves a good party

CAREER
Level of education: university graduate
Former job title and description: event and engagement manager and the owner of Sublime, a high end club in London.

Backstory: Born in Reading, Berkshire to Oliver and Emily Reid, Carter was the only child of the couple who were separated when he was just two years old. There are still rumours on exactly why the couple suddenly split as both at the time seemed to indicate nothing out of the ordinary. This was a surprise however Emily Reid would soon also disappear, leaving Oliver with a young son and no idea as to where or why his former wife would simply leave without a word. It was another three years before Emily’s remains were located after the local canals were dredged by council workers, pulling the young family into a turbulent and horrific period. Oliver was investigated as a suspect into the murder of his former wife and Carter was forced into the hands of several different family members throughout the years of his childhood so that his father could fight to clear his name. This placed a fracture between father and son despite Oliver’s innocence which is why they are not close in Carter’s adulthood.

The way in which his childhood was sculpted did being some positives into Carter’s life, enforcing traits in him such as being fiercely independent and adaptable which has aided him in his achievements. He attended school and developed a large group of friends, more often than not being one of the lads who was in trouble for getting up to mischief and always participating in sports. Despite his tendency to muck about he was academic, later attending university and completing a double degree in business and marketing, working hard just as his father was known for. Carter lived with his father permanently up until his seventeenth birthday and whilst there was a similarity in looks and the need for control, Carter and Oliver’s personalities were just too vastly different to complement one another. Carter was outgoing and tidy, Oliver was much more resigned to remaining at his home and working longer hours than necessary. Eventually Carter moved in with a friend’s family and later out with two other housemates on the other side of London. He broke contact with Oliver after several arguments on his choice of study with his father expressing despair and trying to persuade Carter to study something else which would keep him ‘in line’.

Whilst at university Carter made use of his time away from studies to hit up the nightlife in town and initially found work at a local cocktail bar. He was able to keep conversation with the guests and quickly became known as a knowledgeable and personable man who could resolve issues on the spot and entertain certain guests who were either problematic or had acquired tastes outside of the norm. He continued working at the bar, eventually using his degree as he progressed into managing evening events for the club. As he created his own reputation and built a wide network with industry personnel and upper-class clients, Carter saw the potential in opening his own bar, and thus Sublime was created. He enjoyed it all and though he has had a few girlfriends here and there, no one has really ever caught his eye or had the ability to ground him. From his club which was co-run with his friend Heath, Carter grew his own empire, doing well for himself until one fateful evening brought about a change which would alter the course of his life yet again. Found by his staff on the floor of his office, Carter had collapsed and when awoken complained of heart palpitations. Taken to hospital and subjected to rigorous testing, he was diagnosed with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and revealed that his mother had also had the same diagnosis however due to the distance of her family Carter had never been made aware of the possibility of having such a thing. He was told to lay off the lifestyle he was leading and to avoid the sports he had spent so much time enjoying, thrusting Carter into a down spiral which ultimately led to him leaving England. While he struggled to work out what to do, Carter gave Heath the option to step in and manage the bar for them both, packing up his belongings and flying over to America to simply get away from the life he had built for himself. His disappearance has been noted and rumours run rampant back at home as to why Carter Reid left town.

Currently in America he lives in a modest apartment building and has drawn into himself though his personality traits will shine through from time to time. He is frequently in and out of the local hospital and has suffered two minor heart attacks which has shaken his confidence. With treatments not resolving the issues he faces an uncertain future, one which again will be altered through an unusual intervention of fate.

Random Power: Solar Manipulation
Random Physical Mutation:Skin has a slight yellow tint to it.

Last edited:
001-hot-digital-art-elena-berezina.jpg

Kira Falkov

Female | 25 | Heterosexual | American | English, ASL (American Sign Language)

-PHYSICAL APPEARANCE-

Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 110 lbs
Figure/build: Slim, petite, fit
Tattoos: None
Piercing: Three on each ear
Scars/distinguishing marks: N/A
Preferred style of clothing: Tight-fitting and stretchable
Frequently worn jewelry: Earrings- one on each earlobe, and two on the ridge of each ear.
Costume: A pitch black, form-fitting suit with a hood. A blood-red, lightweight utility belt adds a splash of color and functionality. Her boots are also blood red and black. She wears red and black gloves.

The utility belt can be described much like Honey Lemon's purse in Big Hero 6, with built-in chemicals and a mini, keypad-controlled and automated meth lab that she uses to create throwable compounds on the fly- bombs, sticky substances, and even acids. She carries some pre-made compounds in the small pouches that aren't attatched to the machine so she doesn't have to constantly make them in the heat of battle.

-HEALTH-
Smoker? No
Drinker? Occasionally.
Drug User? Which? No
Addictions: N/A
Allergies: Pollen, dog hair, cotton (the tree kind)
Any physical ailments/illnesses/disabilities: She was born hard of hearing, and it will eventually lead to deafness, but for now she has a hearing aid that suffices.
Later in life, Kira developed young-onset Parkinson's Disease.
Any medication regularly taken: Standard medication for Parkinson's, as well as allergy prohibitors.

-PERSONALITY-
Likes: Cats, gymnastics, food, driving, motorcycling, the outdoors, playing music, singing
Dislikes: Dogs (allergic), being HoH, public transportation
Fears: Tornadoes, being confined to a wheelchair, being unable to communicate, death, silence
Favorite color: Red
Hobbies: Gymnastics, motorcycling, piano, and singing

-CAREER-
Level of education: Standard high school diploma
Former job title and description: Kira was an Olympic-level gymnast, and though she never made it to the Olympics, she did become a gymnastics teacher for a short time.

Backstory: Kira was always an active girl. She would dance and sing to music, and after watching the Olympics with her mother one late afternoon, decided to start trying to do flips in her backyard.

She was an only child born to two loving parents. While it may not have been easy, they accepted the fact that their daughter was hard of hearing, and sent her to gymnastics class when she was a mere five years old.

The girl flew through the ranks of that class, her flexibility and energy only outshined by the passion that she held for the sport. She was well on her way to the Olympics at seventeen.

That's where that story should end.

But it doesn't.

At eighteen, her father passed away from Parkinson's Disease after a seven-year battle with the sickness.

Kira, deperessed and distraught, resigned her application to the Olympics and left her training to care for herself and her mother. She dropped off the grid for an entire year before, at nineteen years of age, she started to tutor children in gymnastics.

At twenty, she noticed a tremor in her left hand. At twenty-one, it had spread to her right hand, and her movements were unnaturally slow.

That same year, she was diagnosed with young-onset Parkinson's Disease.

The thought was terrfying to her- within fourteen years, Kira would be dead. And in those fourteen years, she would lose her freedom. Perhaps the most terrifying idea was the fact that she could possibly lose her hearing completely in that timeframe, and thanks to her shaky hands and stiff movements, be unable to communicate at all.

And her mother? The two of them had become close after her father's death, and now the woman would lose both her husband and her daughter to the same illness.

The next four years were filled with a blur of treatments and worsening conditions as her body became less and less responsive.

At twenty-five, Kira was in her living room, idly watching the tv, when the advertisement for JeanCorps' new experiment caught her eye. With nothing else to lose but her sanity, and with her mother's hesitant yet granted approval, she packed her bags and headed off.

Miscellaneous:
She can hear without a hearing aid, however, it's very difficult for her and things have to be close and/or loud for her to understand it clearly.

-ASSIGNED TRAITS-
Random Power: Intelligence Enhancement (can increase her own intelligence and that of one other person at a time at will)
Random Physical Mutation: Her ears grew to twice their normal size.

Last edited:
  • Love
Room for one more? Wondering how many people you plan to accept?
tenor.gif
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Brea I missed you!!!!!!!

• Love
  • Love
Reactions: Justin
Speaking of which, should have my character up tonight!

• Love
Reactions: Justin
I'll be working on my guy tonight maybe will get him up before firework show tomorrow.

I can barely keep my eyes open, I'm sorry. I'm gonna shoot for getting my character up before work tomorrow.

awwwwwww alright guys, bring it in

tenor.gif

• Love
Reactions: Fluffy
Reactions: Justin and Cerulean
I'm definitely Alaadin xD

@Cerulean is there still a discord up for this plot? I did try to connect the other day but it failed.

Yes! I will email you a valid link. apparently they only last up to a day by default.

• Thank You
Reactions: StareNation
Gonna finish up my character, sorry about the delay! I got caught up in work.

• Love

[bg=#a8a8a8]

"It can be pretty extraordinary what just the force of your own will can accomplish."
[/bg]

• tumblr_mzdu5eQ8Pk1rmiy78o4_250.gif
    tumblr_n2ajg2xtWc1rmiy78o5_250.gif
    tumblr_n7ou8ly8Ao1rmiy78o6_250.gif
    tumblr_n17zu1RXXJ1smp62to4_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Full name:
    "People call me Nao... sometimes..."
    . Naomi Corinne Yakuza .

. Female .

. 24 .

Sexuality:
    "I've experimented, and it turns out I'm just straight."
    . Heterosexual .

Nationality:
    "Why do people still, still, tell me to go back to my country?"
    . American .

Languages Spoken:
    "Never bothered to learn the language of 'my people.'"
    . English .

[/bg]

• tumblr_mz35a9AR4v1rmiy78o2_250.gif
    tumblr_mzdu5eQ8Pk1rmiy78o8_250.gif
    tumblr_mzdu5eQ8Pk1rmiy78o2_250.gif
    tumblr_n4y1dalU3R1ty525so6_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]
    Face Claim: Arden Cho

"Ummm... Average?"
    Eyes- Dark brown, almost black
    Hair- Dark Brown/Black, Naturally Wavy, Usually Curled, Thick, Bust Length
    Height- 5'4''
    Weight- 109lbs
    Build- Fit, Thin
    Complexion- Fair, Pale
    Bloodtype- B+
    Tattoos- [spoili]
    46b908afaa0cb87a9926c96ce91b4ec3.jpg
    [/spoili]

Piercings- Ear lobes, once each
    Scars/distinguishing marks- Has a 2-inch scar on her right hand she got from falling off her shed
    Preferred style of clothing- Naomi's sense of style is always changing. She likes to wear a lot accessories, and she likes to switch things up often. Sometimes she's super into dresses, other times her thing is joggers. She can also be seen wearing a lot of 'out-there' type outfits, though these tend to come less often.
    Frequently worn jewelry- Again, she likes to switch things up a lot. There's not really any accessory she wears more often than another, but she almost always has some kind of jewelry on her.
    [/bg]

• tumblr_mz35a9AR4v1rmiy78o4_250.gif
    tumblr_mz35a9AR4v1rmiy78o5_250.gif
    tumblr_mz35a9AR4v1rmiy78o7_250.gif
    tumblr_mz35a9AR4v1rmiy78o9_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Smoker?
    "It's healthier than drinking, whether everyone else wants to admit it or not."
    . Yes, sometimes for pain and sometimes for recreational .

Drinker?
    "Gross."
    . No .

Drug User? Which?
    "Just weed."
    . Naomi smokes weed .

Addictions:
    "I wonder how many different times I'll have to tell you I smoke?"
    . Marijuana, Coffee .

Allergies:
    "It's weird, I know."
    . Soy Sauce .

Any physical ailments/illnesses/disabilities:
    "CJD is so much easier."
    . Naomi suffered from Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease before finding herself at Jeancorp .

Any medication regularly taken:
    "Not so much anymore."
    . When Naomi was sick she smoked constantly for the pain, and anti-depressants prescribed by a therapist she got during treatments. There are not many treatments for CJD so it was the easiest option for her .

[/bg]

• tumblr_mzrn3lUawO1qlv12zo8_250.gif
    tumblr_mzrn3lUawO1qlv12zo5_250.gif
    tumblr_mzrn3lUawO1qlv12zo3_250.gif
    tumblr_mzrn3lUawO1qlv12zo6_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

. Mythology, Dogs, Coffee, Flying, Warm Water, Reading, Warm Breezes and Adventure .

Dislikes:
    "Is there anything worse than having to stand in a crowded area?"
    . Dancing, Zoos, Gardening, Mind Puzzles, Loud Noises, Swimming, Change and Crowds .

Fears:
    "You'd think I'd be used to pain, huh?"
    . Naomi has a natural fear of pain. She's one of those people that if it is so much as mentioned that she will need a shot at the doctor's office she will begin to panic and try to get out of it. She also has a fear of amphibians (frogs, newts, ect), and of intimacy .

Favourite colour:
    "Who even asks that anymore?"
    . Magenta .

Hobbies:
    "Everyone in my family fences."
    . Sword Fighting and/or Fencing, Hiking and Designing Clothes .

CARRER
    Level of education:
    "I wanted to be a elementary school teacher."
    . High school graduate, was in school for Early Childhood Education before she got sick .

Former job title and description:
    "I really like kids."
    . Naomi helped a family friend run her daycare. Mostly, Naomi organized activities, field trips and fundraisers for the kids. She sometimes helped out in the classroom, sometimes worked to get playground equipment replaced, sometimes interviewed families who wanted to send their child to the daycare. She always liked to joke that she did it all .

[/bg]

• tumblr_n149tkqZHL1smp62to6_250.gif
    tumblr_n149tkqZHL1smp62to7_250.gif
    tumblr_n149tkqZHL1smp62to8_r1_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

"Life was pretty good before I got diagnosed."
    Naomi has always been a reserved and shy girl. Growing up, she struggled with making friends. It wasn't that she didn't like other people, but more so that she never knew how to approach anyone. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise, however, because it led to her making friends with a very close-knit group of friends.

They went through school together, so Naomi never had to feel alone. Or, get over her fear of talking to strangers. She was a smart girl who always did well in her classes, though she never took part in extra curricular activities. The only real hobby she ever had was sword fighting, a tradition in her father's family. When she was thirteen she began learning how to fence, and very quickly found that she was extremely good at it.

As Naomi's adult life drew nearer she grew rather anxious to pick a career. She wanted a plan for her life. She tired many different things, volunteered and interned at various places before she realized her love for children. And so, Naomi decided to pursue a life in early childhood education. In short, she wanted to be a teacher.

To help with her development, Naomi took on a job at a family-friend's daycare. Her job title was simply "co-Manager," though she never truly had a clear job description. Really, she just did whatever the daycare needed her to do, whether that be help put together a field trip or organize interviews with parents.

At the age of 23 Naomi started to act... differently. At first it was very subtle. Her personality shifted from patient to agitated, her tenderness became hostility. Then came her memory loss. Early on it was just a few forgotten things here and there. Until one day when she forgot nearly an entire week.

Her worried parents dragged her to the hospital. After what seemed like an endless amount of tests, she was diagnosed with Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, or CJD, a degenerative brain disorder that leads to dementia and, inevitably, death. There was no cure, only treatments to help with her symptoms. Naomi was forced to quit her job and move back in with her parents, where she was under their constant surveillance.

Miserable with how her life had turned, Naomi became depressed rather quickly, and this did not help with her illness. A few months after being diagnosed she was told she had about a year more before she became terminal, if that. It was dark days in the Yakuza household.

It was her parents who told Naomi about Jeancorp. She believed there was nothing they could do for her, she'd already seen so many doctors who always told her the same thing: She was going to die. But, she didn't have the heart to tell her parents that she had given up. So, only a few days later, she found herself in a Jeancorp office, signing away whatever was left of her life.

[/bg]

• tumblr_mzriztOWdu1qzg2sjo4_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_mzriztOWdu1qzg2sjo7_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_mzriztOWdu1qzg2sjo5_r1_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Costume:
    "I found someone online who would sew what I drew up. And, Somehow, it doesn't get ruined when I morph back and fourth!"
    . [spoili][/spoili][spoili]
    1777697afca7908f096810e5619f38cf.jpg
    [/spoili] .

Power:
    "Not the coolest, but still pretty cool."
    . Shapeshift into a Liger .

Mutation:
    "I mean, I guess I never have to shave again..."
    . 100% Loss of all of her hair .

[/bg]

• tumblr_inline_nwhoniFsOK1qlt39u_250.gif
    tumblr_inline_nwhon3A2tF1qlt39u_250.gif
    tumblr_inline_nwhooe9kHY1qlt39u_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

"You want to know more?"
    ~ Wants to start a family someday
    ~ Is fairly decent at sword fighting
    ~ Almost accepted the fate of her illness, and only agreed to try Jeancorp because she didn't want to break her parent's heart
    ~Really adores children, even bratty ones
    ~ Lived on her own in an apartment before she got sick, had only been away from home for a few years
    ~ Wears wigs and draws on her eyebrows due to her hair loss ~

[/bg]

[bg=#a8a8a8]"I always wait until it's too late to say how I feel."
[/bg]

Last edited:
  • Love

[bg=#a8a8a8]

"It can be pretty extraordinary what just the force of your own will can accomplish."
[/bg]

• tumblr_mzdu5eQ8Pk1rmiy78o4_250.gif
    tumblr_n2ajg2xtWc1rmiy78o5_250.gif
    tumblr_n7ou8ly8Ao1rmiy78o6_250.gif
    tumblr_n17zu1RXXJ1smp62to4_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Full name:
    "People call me Nao... sometimes..."
    . Naomi Corinne Yakuza .

. Female .

. 24 .

Sexuality:
    "I've experimented, and it turns out I'm just straight."
    . Heterosexual .

Nationality:
    "Why do people still, still, tell me to go back to my country?"
    . American .

Languages Spoken:
    "Never bothered to learn the language of 'my people.'"
    . English .

[/bg]

• tumblr_mz35a9AR4v1rmiy78o2_250.gif
    tumblr_mzdu5eQ8Pk1rmiy78o8_250.gif
    tumblr_mzdu5eQ8Pk1rmiy78o2_250.gif
    tumblr_n4y1dalU3R1ty525so6_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]
    Face Claim: Arden Cho

"Ummm... Average?"
    Eyes- Dark brown, almost black
    Hair- Dark Brown/Black, Naturally Wavy, Usually Curled, Thick, Bust Length
    Height- 5'4''
    Weight- 109lbs
    Build- Fit, Thin
    Complexion- Fair, Pale
    Bloodtype- B+
    Tattoos- [spoili]
    46b908afaa0cb87a9926c96ce91b4ec3.jpg
    [/spoili]

Piercings- Ear lobes, once each
    Scars/distinguishing marks- Has a 2-inch scar on her right hand she got from falling off her shed
    Preferred style of clothing- Naomi's sense of style is always changing. She likes to wear a lot accessories, and she likes to switch things up often. Sometimes she's super into dresses, other times her thing is joggers. She can also be seen wearing a lot of 'out-there' type outfits, though these tend to come less often.
    Frequently worn jewelry- Again, she likes to switch things up a lot. There's not really any accessory she wears more often than another, but she almost always has some kind of jewelry on her.
    [/bg]

• tumblr_mz35a9AR4v1rmiy78o4_250.gif
    tumblr_mz35a9AR4v1rmiy78o5_250.gif
    tumblr_mz35a9AR4v1rmiy78o7_250.gif
    tumblr_mz35a9AR4v1rmiy78o9_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Smoker?
    "It's healthier than drinking, whether everyone else wants to admit it or not."
    . Yes, sometimes for pain and sometimes for recreational .

Drinker?
    "Gross."
    . No .

Drug User? Which?
    "Just weed."
    . Naomi smokes weed .

Addictions:
    "I wonder how many different times I'll have to tell you I smoke?"
    . Marijuana, Coffee .

Allergies:
    "It's weird, I know."
    . Soy Sauce .

Any physical ailments/illnesses/disabilities:
    "CJD is so much easier."
    . Naomi suffered from Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease before finding herself at Jeancorp .

Any medication regularly taken:
    "Not so much anymore."
    . When Naomi was sick she smoked constantly for the pain, and anti-depressants prescribed by a therapist she got during treatments. There are not many treatments for CJD so it was the easiest option for her .

[/bg]

• tumblr_mzrn3lUawO1qlv12zo8_250.gif
    tumblr_mzrn3lUawO1qlv12zo5_250.gif
    tumblr_mzrn3lUawO1qlv12zo3_250.gif
    tumblr_mzrn3lUawO1qlv12zo6_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

. Mythology, Dogs, Coffee, Flying, Warm Water, Reading, Warm Breezes and Adventure .

Dislikes:
    "Is there anything worse than having to stand in a crowded area?"
    . Dancing, Zoos, Gardening, Mind Puzzles, Loud Noises, Swimming, Change and Crowds .

Fears:
    "You'd think I'd be used to pain, huh?"
    . Naomi has a natural fear of pain. She's one of those people that if it is so much as mentioned that she will need a shot at the doctor's office she will begin to panic and try to get out of it. She also has a fear of amphibians (frogs, newts, ect), and of intimacy .

Favourite colour:
    "Who even asks that anymore?"
    . Magenta .

Hobbies:
    "Everyone in my family fences."
    . Sword Fighting and/or Fencing, Hiking and Designing Clothes .

CARRER
    Level of education:
    "I wanted to be a elementary school teacher."
    . High school graduate, was in school for Early Childhood Education before she got sick .

Former job title and description:
    "I really like kids."
    . Naomi helped a family friend run her daycare. Mostly, Naomi organized activities, field trips and fundraisers for the kids. She sometimes helped out in the classroom, sometimes worked to get playground equipment replaced, sometimes interviewed families who wanted to send their child to the daycare. She always liked to joke that she did it all .

[/bg]

• tumblr_n149tkqZHL1smp62to6_250.gif
    tumblr_n149tkqZHL1smp62to7_250.gif
    tumblr_n149tkqZHL1smp62to8_r1_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

"Life was pretty good before I got diagnosed."
    Naomi has always been a reserved and shy girl. Growing up, she struggled with making friends. It wasn't that she didn't like other people, but more so that she never knew how to approach anyone. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise, however, because it led to her making friends with a very close-knit group of friends.

They went through school together, so Naomi never had to feel alone. Or, get over her fear of talking to strangers. She was a smart girl who always did well in her classes, though she never took part in extra curricular activities. The only real hobby she ever had was sword fighting, a tradition in her father's family. When she was thirteen she began learning how to fence, and very quickly found that she was extremely good at it.

As Naomi's adult life drew nearer she grew rather anxious to pick a career. She wanted a plan for her life. She tired many different things, volunteered and interned at various places before she realized her love for children. And so, Naomi decided to pursue a life in early childhood education. In short, she wanted to be a teacher.

To help with her development, Naomi took on a job at a family-friend's daycare. Her job title was simply "co-Manager," though she never truly had a clear job description. Really, she just did whatever the daycare needed her to do, whether that be help put together a field trip or organize interviews with parents.

At the age of 23 Naomi started to act... differently. At first it was very subtle. Her personality shifted from patient to agitated, her tenderness became hostility. Then came her memory loss. Early on it was just a few forgotten things here and there. Until one day when she forgot nearly an entire week.

Her worried parents dragged her to the hospital. After what seemed like an endless amount of tests, she was diagnosed with Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, or CJD, a degenerative brain disorder that leads to dementia and, inevitably, death. There was no cure, only treatments to help with her symptoms. Naomi was forced to quit her job and move back in with her parents, where she was under their constant surveillance.

Miserable with how her life had turned, Naomi became depressed rather quickly, and this did not help with her illness. A few months after being diagnosed she was told she had about a year more before she became terminal, if that. It was dark days in the Yakuza household.

It was her parents who told Naomi about Jeancorp. She believed there was nothing they could do for her, she'd already seen so many doctors who always told her the same thing: She was going to die. But, she didn't have the heart to tell her parents that she had given up. So, only a few days later, she found herself in a Jeancorp office, signing away whatever was left of her life.

[/bg]

• tumblr_mzriztOWdu1qzg2sjo4_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_mzriztOWdu1qzg2sjo7_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_mzriztOWdu1qzg2sjo5_r1_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

Costume:
    "I found someone online who would sew what I drew up."
    . TBA .

Power:
    "Words."
    . TBA .

Mutation:
    "Words."
    . TBA .

[/bg]

• tumblr_inline_nwhoniFsOK1qlt39u_250.gif
    tumblr_inline_nwhon3A2tF1qlt39u_250.gif
    tumblr_inline_nwhooe9kHY1qlt39u_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]

"You want to know more?"
    ~ Wants to start a family someday
    ~ Is fairly decent at sword fighting
    ~ Almost accepted the fate of her illness, and only agreed to try Jeancorp because she didn't want to break her parent's heart
    ~Really adores children, even bratty ones
    ~ Lived on her own in an apartment before she got sick, had only been away from home for a few years
    ~

[/bg]

[bg=#a8a8a8]"I always wait until it's too late to say how I feel."
[/bg]

@Cerulean - Okay had an issue with the coding there for a moment but it's fixed now. Let me know if there's anything I need to change! ♥

Full name: Aryanna Spicer
Nickname: Arya
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Red
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Nationality: American
Languages spoken: English

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
Height
: 5'10"
Weight: 186lbs.
Figure/build: Long legs and curvy hips, not skinny but not overly heavy.
Tattoos: The portrait of a cat on her left calf.
Piercing: Two earrings per ear lobe and a bar across the top of her right ear.
Scars/distinguishing marks: She has several scars on her thighs that have the appearance of roughly shaped letters, spelling out words that have faded.
Preferred style of clothing: Dark colors are preferred with no particular style, more for comfort.
Frequently worn jewelry: She has several rings on her fingers that have animal shapes as well as a necklace that dangles down to her cleavage that's made of several different shades of blue stones.
Costume: WIP

HEALTH
Smoker?
Not a tobacco smoker.
Drinker? On occasion.
Drug User? Yes. Which? Marijuana
Addictions: None
Allergies: Pollen
Any physical ailments/illnesses/disabilities: Cardiomyopathy, Hypothyroidism
Any medication regularly taken: Anti-inflammatory, Blood Pressure Medication, Beta-Blockers to slow her heart rate, Anxiety Medication

PERSONALITY
: Cats, dogs, most animals in general, pizza, video games, reading and nature walks (when able)
Dislikes: Bugs, being scared, pink, mean people
Fears: Heights, public speaking, driving
Favourite colour: Purple or forest green
Hobbies: Reading, video games, helping animals :blackcat:

CAREER
Level of education: High school and some college
Former job title and description: Veterinary Assistant

Backstory: Arya has always been a lover of animals, cats and dogs in particular but she enjoys working with all animals (except snakes). At a very young age she was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and it caused a lot of issues with her health early on. She didn't let that limit her though and she pushed on through life, getting through school although she missed a lot of time with sickness. Her mother had been a single mom, working full time while trying to raise Arya by herself and it had taken a huge toll on her mother when she had gotten sick. The money for the hospital bills had piled up and left the two of them in serious debt. The stress had been too much for her mother and one night she had overdosed on medication. Arya had found her on the bathroom floor, having a seizure but by the time the ambulance arrived it was too late. The whole situation was rather touchy and a very bad memory for Arya so she never mentioned her family much.

She eventually moved on to college and got a Veterinary Assistant degree and began working for a small animal hospital in her home town. She enjoyed the work but shortly after beginning there she had a serious health complication. She had passed out at work and after having extensive testing done at the hospital she was diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy, a disease of the heart muscle which makes it harder for the heart to pump blood to the rest of the body. The doctors had told her it was a rather severe case and they were surprised that she hadn't had any issues earlier in life. She was told if her condition worsened any more she would need a heart transplant.

Miscellaneous: WIP

Random Power: Clubbed tail generation
Random Physical Mutation: Feet grew 8 shoe sizes bigger​

Last edited:
Still accepting? :O

Reactions: Cerulean