We are Overpowered

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kaykay

Name: Kamina

Appearance:

Ability:
- The power to use Badassery as a Super Power.
- Absolute Slicing: (Can cut energy, and anything that is physical, and even shields... maybe even more later)
- Badass Adaptation: adapt to survive while bending the rules of reality.
- Can lift about 400 tones.
- Flight, max speed excess of mach 10 without a shout enhancement Normal Speed what ever a normal dragon is clocked at.
- Spike/Claws and Wing/tail Retraction
- Dragon Shouts/Native Dragon Language, as well as runes, a very powerful language indeed.
- Can take a nuke easily, and skin is more durable than diamond, but soft like human flesh.
- Dragon Senses. (The Senses of a Dragon)
- High Reaction time, can react to anything Mach 20
-- Causality Perception (The ability to perceive and understand all cause and effect relations.)
- Dragon Breath, some related to Shouts, others just breathing fire isn't a shout.
- Highly resistant to mental powrers.
- Claw/blade Extension

Strengths:
- Claws and spikes are on par with Unicorn Horn, in terms of cutting and toughness...
- Highly Agile and quick to react.
- What he can't lift he can cut through.
- It is hard to anger him.
- he is a good cook.
- Through Badassery he can exceed and even Surpass his limits sometimes, despite not being able to normally do so... all for the effect of being epic...
- He can use the power of Badassery to also transform tanks into fighting mechs...
- Most of his "powers" are innate Tallents.
- With Badass Adaptation most attacks are only effective once against him, outside of Old School and TK.

Weaknesses:
- though he is resistant to mental abilities, that doesn't mean he can't be thrown around by TK or hit with objects used with TK...
- He can be gagged to stop dragon shouts.
- He doesn't like to start fights, more often than not he will try to talk things over vs fighting.
- Despite being a badass he is still susceptible to being killed.... it is just hard to do so.
- Absolute Slicing can scratch unicorn horn, but not cut through it, it would take a while to do that, and unicorn horn can cut through his claws like butter. Also it can't cut through concepts and non-physical existing objects at this time.
- Badass Addaptiation doesn't protect against Old School and can't fully resist TK, also Currently Limited to Bending not Breaking Rules.
- Sadly can only exdend his claws up to 5 feet and other blades up to 1 - 3 feet due to weight issues, if he were to extend them longer.
- Causality Perception is only limited to the Rule of Cool Routes... he can't see the plan path or instant win routes, what he sees is the Most Badass way of doing it... or ways that are more badass than normal.

Personality: Cool, Collected, but can get really fired up, and can think in the middle of battle.

History: Son of a Human father and a Dragon Mother... thats right.... Daddy was so badass he knocked up a 300 foot dragon female, and also became king of the dragons, due to the Mother being next in line, and beating the crap out of the Former king, then taking the Former Dragon Kings Heart, into his own body, basically making him Arisen, or whatever taking a dragons heart instead of the other way around would do, as well as making the king of the dragons.... but ohh not just any dragon race though, the Arch Dragons, the ones that rule over other dragons. Kamina was born and raised knowing he was both Dragon and Human and was taught both Douva and Human languages... as not to basically kill whoever he talked to that wasn't a dragon. He had a good education and has been able to enjoy both sides of life... and even does some fighting.

Sometimes he just has to kick logic out and do the Impossible too, because.... *Fireworks* He's a Badass *Epic Music*

Other:
- He has Claws, Fangs, spikes, a tail, shouts, dragon magic, and other things.
- Also he technically counts as Superhuman, but is a Dragonborn, a Human with the Soul of a Dragon.
- Being a Badass doesn't make him Immortal, being half dragon does... and being half dragon is Badass :3

Last edited:
Character Sheet:

Name: Briana "Marxis 2" Friedlander

Appearance(Any kind of picture is fine, or just a description):
IyxX4.jpg
Ability(Be specific):

Complete and total control over the darkness itself. Don't be mistaken, total control doesn't mean just moving it around. She can change everything about it in every way, from turning it solid to making it a poisonous gas, to making it a living creature. She can use any shadow available, from the ones cast by the opponents bodies, to the ones caused by the contours of their faces. She can only utilize darkness she can see, but her vision had been altered to only see light and the absence of light. This vision is so sensitive that she can see the creases in your clothing and every individual piece of hair, if the room is well lit. She can sense things using the darkness. It is only as reliable as normal seeing, but she doesn't have to make eye contact with darkness to see through it.

Strengths:

Extremely creative, unbothered by the sight of death, can think exceptionally quickly for her age, a prodigy in Krav Maga

Weaknesses:

Prone to rash decisions, has only a limited grasp of her power and can't always keep it in check, hasn't mastered Krav Maga despite being very skilled, for some reason she refuses to kill alcoholics

Personality:

Despite her power, Briana is still a child. She is hotheaded, impulsive, unrefined, and easily distracted. Whenever she isn't faced with a life or death situation, she is very cheerful and always tries to make friends. Everything is a game until someone breaks out a weapon or power. After that, she becomes serious. In combat she is entirely focused on winning, never letting her emotions get in the way of her kill. She will not stop fighting until one side has either died or admitted their defeat, which she would never do.

History:

Briana was not born. Not entirely. When she was a baby, she was bound to an entity named Tenebris, Master of Darkness. From then on she was experimented on, tested, unmade, remade, used, and improved until she had become the ultimate bioweapon. She was slated to be used as a WMD against her own country, but fate would have it another way. She struck a deal with Tenebris and absorbed his being into her own, becoming the new Master of Darkness. She slaughtered everyone that had created her, including her own parents. She currently hides in Atlantic City, leading a mostly nocturnal life among all the other homeless kids.

Other:

-She absolutely refuses to say Tenebris' name, instead referring to him as "My Predecessor"
-She also refuses to talk about the original Marxis
-Mater of fact, almost any questions asked about her time in captivity are met with stubborn refusal
-She always says she's a master of Krav Maga, even though she isn't

Reactions: Kaykay
Character Sheet:

Name: Briana "Marxis 2" Friedlander

Appearance(Any kind of picture is fine, or just a description):
View attachment 73234
Ability(Be specific):

Complete and total control over the darkness itself. Don't be mistaken, total control doesn't mean just moving it around. She can change everything about it in every way, from turning it solid to making it a poisonous gas, to making it a living creature. She can use any shadow available, from the ones cast by the opponents bodies, to the ones caused by the contours of their faces. She can only utilize darkness she can see, but her vision had been altered to only see light and the absence of light. This vision is so sensitive that she can see the creases in your clothing and every individual piece of hair, if the room is well lit. She can sense things using the darkness. It is only as reliable as normal seeing, but she doesn't have to make eye contact with darkness to see through it.

Strengths:
Extremely creative, unbothered by the sight of death, can think exceptionally quickly for her age, a prodigy in Krav Maga

Weaknesses:
Prone to rash decisions, has only a limited grasp of her power and can't always keep it in check, hasn't mastered Krav Maga despite being very skilled, for some reason she refuses to kill alcoholics

Personality:
Despite her power, Briana is still a child. She is hotheaded, impulsive, unrefined, and easily distracted. Whenever she isn't faced with a life or death situation, she is very cheerful and always tries to make friends. Everything is a game until someone breaks out a weapon or power. After that, she becomes serious. In combat she is entirely focused on winning, never letting her emotions get in the way of her kill. She will not stop fighting until one side has either died or admitted their defeat, which she would never do.

History:
Briana was not born. Not entirely. When she was a baby, she was bound to an entity named Tenebris, Master of Darkness. From then on she was experimented on, tested, unmade, remade, used, and improved until she had become the ultimate bioweapon. She was slated to be used as a WMD against her own country, but fate would have it another way. She struck a deal with Tenebris and absorbed his being into her own, becoming the new Master of Darkness. She slaughtered everyone that had created her, including her own parents. She currently hides in Atlantic City, leading a mostly nocturnal life among all the other homeless kids.

Other:
-She absolutely refuses to say Tenebris' name, instead referring to him as "My Predecessor"
-She also refuses to talk about the original Marxis
-Mater of fact, almost any questions asked about her time in captivity are met with stubborn refusal
-She always says she's a master of Krav Maga, even though she isn't
Looks great! Just gonna want a few specifics on how strong/fast her darkness constructs are. Also exactly what they can do/turn into. I can set those up for you if you don't want to.

You should probably limit how she can use darkness. because in some cases (poisonous gas) it ceases to be darkness ect. I can understand like shadowmancy or something. also, you reserved a spot and didn't use that post? am I the only one who sees the Edit button? (minor gripe)

It scales with how big they are. Bigger ones are stronger, the max lifting up to the limit you set, yet slow as a drowsy snail. The smaller ones are quick, but can't lift for shit. Human size constructs have human specs, for basis of comparison.

Edit: It's still darkness. She can change it to do anything she wants. When it's done, it'll just become shadows, again. And, no. You're not the only one that sees the edit button. I was just an idiot.

Alright, that's okay. Should probably be a bit stronger though, but depending on what she can do with the darkness besides brute force it should work. Don't need like a huge comprehensive list, just some stuff she can do.

For example if I had a character that did things with light:
-Can use light to form a heat ray
-Can use light to manipulate electrons and rend things apart at a subatomic level
-Can use light to create heat

Don't need to say stuff like

-Can turn the light into a claw
-Can turn the light into a hand
-Can turn the light into a wall

Cause I already assumed that stuff :p

Alright.

Basically, she can use the darkness to do anything. She can render it a tangible thing and then change it on a subatomic level, though it will melt back into darkness when she is done. She can use the darkness to boost her own abilities, though by very small amounts. If she looses eye contact with the darkness she is using, she is no longer able to manipulate it. Constructs are able to function so long as any part of them are visible to her.

That good?

Walk in the light Light or we'll drag you to it....

Yeah, that's fine.

@Kaykay
:3 Lovely day isn't it?
I have to go I'll be back in a hour or so....

Ninja Post :3 Ninja WIP Moved to next post.

Last edited:
not sure if it's my place to say it, but I believe power over probability is just a tad bit overpowered, even for this rp X3

I might be taking it to the extreme, but look at it this way, if she embodies/controls probability she can make herself a god and be unrivaled.

example~: what's the probability of Enigma turning into a god for no reason? 0%. But Wait! since she embodies/controls probability, that 0% now becomes 100%! congratulations your a god! X3

I would make more examples but that would be ranting, and no one likes that...

so, would you be able to see my concern with that particular power? =)

I guess it's sort of the same with the embodiment/power over luck...

Example: ho boy, how lucky of me would it be if I suddenly turned into a god? pretty lucky since I control luck. X3

I realise that I may be overreacting since you said it's still a work in progress, so I apologise if my rant upset you in anyway, it's just that I've had to put up with characters in role-plays that controlled probability before, and no matter what we (the other rpers and I) did we couldn't lay a finger on them...., it was very infuriating to say the least. =)

@Zetophi

I'm with Nak on this one. We aren't galactic warriors or anything (yet). For a similar theme, you could be a witch that sets up traps or something. A character like her would always have to be taken out immediately or the plot will just be solved by probability manipulation. Wouldn't be very fun.

Last edited:
@Kaykay @NacNak

Why do you think I said WIP :3

I am thinking of Perspective Manipulation and Uncertainty Manipulation.

To manipulate Everything Seen and Not...

"Oh Careful that Next Step might be dangerous...."

"Is that Really air your breathing, or is it a colorless, oderless, tastless, toxin?"

Think of Engima as mental and physical Torment... sometimes you just have bad luck, some times it is her, and sometimes it is in your own head, without her help at all.... her job is to make you doubt yourself, to doubt what is real and what isn't...

Like making a Massive Manifested Hallucination that isn't in your head... that messes with your senses and make you doubt your own sanity after... is that victory real or a trick?

Last edited:
@Kaykay
Here is this better I am not manipulating luck... however, you may be sent on a trip :3 Enigma is all about messing with peoples minds... and all means of doing so... She doesn't need TK or Telepithy to do this... she can literally make it manifest in front of you, as well as a illusion.

Perhaps your world is all a illusion made by her... it isn't but... even though you are certain of the very air you breath to be air.... maybe it isn't?

"Maybe your last meal was good? Maybe it was indeed your last... I could have poisoned it" she giggled lightly, seductively and dark, "Or not... maybe what you see now is all made by me... or not... maybe the air you are breathing is a orderless, tasteless, and colorless toxic mix... and than next step you take could be your last..."

And by manifest i mean cause the area you see to look different, but it consumes all your senses... and yet, she isn't even in your head... it is like being in AR VR world... augmented Reality or Vutual Reality a trick, a highly convincing trick, and she can make it solid too.

Hence uncertainty.... you never know with her... ever...

Name: Enigma
Appearance:

Ability:

- Insanity Control: She controls all aspects of Madness/Insanity, illusionary, and not, to make people doubt their own sanity, and their own thoughts. Power to absorb, create and manipulate Madness/Insanity within oneself, others or the madness energy around...

- Uncertainty Manipulation: To make that which isn't Certain, Certain, to make that which is, isn't... like your next step... there could be a landmine there.... or not... you know there isn't but she says there could be... or not... how certain are you that your next step isn't going to blow your leg off. The Power to Manipulate uncertainty.

- Sorcery: what is maddness and doubt without a bit a magic?

- Perspective Manipulation: What Better way to screw with people, than to mess with what they see and preceave the world. The ability to manipulate all perspectives. Like its name would suggest, it embodies one of the fundamental forces of reality - that of change, interpretation, and ultimately, equality.

- Average Human durability and strength
- Variable Reaction Time due to Perspective Manipulation.
- Running Speed is Normal human...
- She stands outside of Age and Decay... but is still able to die.
- Getting in her head isn't the best idea... she could be insane.

Strengths:
- Uncertainty.... wonderful isn't it, it is hers to command, even if you know there isn't something around that corner, or behind that door... she can make you doubt that which you can't see.
- She can make very convincing illusions in your head and not, including but not limited to, psychedelic mists, and waves.
- She is amazing with Transportation, Defensive and Manifestation Magic.
- She is good at messing with peoples heads even without her powers... she has tricks too.
- she will not age or decay... she will remain beautiful and young effectively forever.
- She very very resistant to mind control due to the nature of her own powers.
- She can make people question their own sanity... they could be perfectly sane, but after a while with her will doubt if they are...

Weaknesses:
- She can't change that which is evident with Uncertanty, like the fact that your watch is a watch... well in appearance and the fact that it tells time.
- Though she can make hallucinations manifest and cause people to see things that are or are not there... making people go mad takes time...
- IF you are absolutely Certain about everything Uncertainty has almost no power, unless you are unfamiliar with a area, computers and cameras can only tell you so much after all...
- She sucks at offensive magic....
- She may not use perspective Manipulation to make it so people were not born, or Kill them... that would be outside of her power.
- She can still die from unnatural causes such as bleeding out and being beheaded and such.
- She holds a Grudge against the Government.
- Enigma herself is possibly insane.
- Enigma finds it highly offencive for a 'toy' to kill themselves... once she has a favorite 'toy', someone she enjoys tormenting, she wants to drive them so insane that killing themselves seems mad too... so them killing themselves is insulting... and doesn't bring her joy...

Personality: Deceptive, Seductive, and Very Misleading, but she can be honest and strait with people too.

History: Enigma is one of those people you never want to make enemies with... she is a capable woman, who from a very early age could make things work out how she wanted them. She came up on her powers after a accident in the science lab involving Project Coverup... A project that was classified, she was thought dead for a while, till she just showed up... however her once sweet and preppy attitude was now... darker... so much darker....

She drove everyone involved with the project insane and to madness... and simply vanished... the original project was labeled a failure, and the big boys upstairs left it alone... anyone who tries to understand it will inevitably go insaine, the work and everything tied to it, basically is a 'no' zone... Enigma herself basically made it so.

Other:
- Enigma is made basically for insanity... to instill doubt, and cause that doubt to be deadly... or not.
- She is also made to toy with people... like messing with their minds, by using external and internal conflicts as well as miss leading and setting traps... using her magic.
- You are more likely to kill yourself than her killing you...
- She LOVES to watch people break down and go into madness and doubt everything... afraid even to blink or sleep... eventually they have to sleep... eventually they have to breath.
- She is applicable of being kind to... but if you are one of her 'toys' your life is a living hell.... sometimes in your own head, sometimes not.

Last edited:
Hey, can I join this RP?

Name: Irina Celia
Appearance:
images

Ability:
To create barriers or force-fields anywhere. It's not much of a dangerous power until you learn to weaponise it.
Strengths:
Fighting indirectly, fighting unfairly, protecting, manipulating.
Weaknesses:
Hand-to-hand combat, fighting fairly, going up against people who cannot be manipulated.
Personality:
Sweet, kind, adhering to a loose set of morals. Prefers order to full-on chaos. Likes being alone more, as being energetic takes a toll on her. Shy, but helpful to her friends. Is alright with murder by inaction, but not with personally pulling the trigger.
History:
Was born to a normal home, and discovered her powers at age four. Ran away at eight years old, after her parents were murdered by an unknown serial killer, the reason she will not kill directly- she is saving it for the murderer. Grew up on the streets and began using her powers offensively. Became more and more dangerous over time, stealing to survive. Eventually got adopted and secretly trains herself in a mix of offensive and defensive combat using her shields.
Other:
Is actually way too absentminded for her own good.

@defaulttoneutral I like that, should be fun.

@Kaykay Please for the love of god do not let that bullshit of Rav's through, its anotherone I've seen used before. and the fact he has 2 char's and they will ALWAYS work together. I could continue to list off reasons why not. but as I have said previously this is a bad idea.

Hey, can I join this RP?

Name: Irina Celia
Appearance:
images

Ability:
To create barriers or force-fields anywhere. It's not much of a dangerous power until you learn to weaponise it.
Strengths: Fighting indirectly, fighting unfairly, protecting, manipulating.
Weaknesses: Hand-to-hand combat, fighting fairly, going up against people who cannot be manipulated.
Personality: Sweet, kind, adhering to a loose set of morals. Prefers order to full-on chaos. Likes being alone more, as being energetic takes a toll on her. Shy, but helpful to her friends. Is alright with murder by inaction, but not with personally pulling the trigger.
History: Was born to a normal home, and discovered her powers at age four. Ran away at eight years old, after her parents were murdered by an unknown serial killer, the reason she will not kill directly- she is saving it for the murderer. Grew up on the streets and began using her powers offensively. Became more and more dangerous over time, stealing to survive. Eventually got adopted and secretly trains herself in a mix of offensive and defensive combat using her shields.
Other: Is actually way too absentminded for her own good.
That's fine. I'd like to know the limits of the barriers, or if there's any difference in their power when she focuses or if it's always the same. Also, I'm gonna have to say she can't use them to, for example, cut off someone's brain by placing a force field around it. For balance reasons. Otherwise she's good. Oh, and you have 2 posts. Please delete one.

@EddiEddi @Zetophi I would prefer it if people stuck to one character. Due to the nature of the game having everyone have a ton of characters would be incredibly hard to deal with. Between our new force field person and the darkness controller we have a few more subtlety-over-force characters now anyway. And there are balance problems with the character anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.