We are Overpowered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! Got any preferences on power level/plot?

Awesome. We're probably gonna be doing National-level power for starters. Any kind of plot you prefer?

huh.... I was never asked what kind of plot i'd prefer before.... I normally just go along with what the GM has in mind, so... I can't really think of anything for that =)

That's fine.

Now for everyone, imma suggest a plot. Tell me if you guys like it.

You've had your powers since birth. Through practice and due to the nature of your powers, you quickly rose in power, eventually becoming a national-level threat to wherever you were. As a result, your powers were kept secret to prevent public panic. You're free to do normal human things, but most people do not know who you are, unless you want to be famous. Then you could do so fairly easily.

Someone with even greater powers, enough to be a threat to the whole planet solo, will appear and start trying to conquer Earth. You will try to fend this stronger person off by teaming up, perhaps having some falling out along the way. Depends on how the characters get along. But in the end, the goal is to take on and defeat the enemy. And who knows? Perhaps new enemies will appear, even stronger than before, and you will grow in power as well.

Something like that, with some refinement.

sound awesome =)

.... I just wonder what the limitations on our characters will be *lowers head slightly*

Since the majority so far favors national level power, I have a set of limits in my head.
Physical, telekinetic, telepathic, and everything in between I will set limits for, but I'll probably post those in the OOC once I make it.

If you already have an idea of the kind of character you want to make (flying brick (Superman), super tech guy(Iron Man), time manipulator (Self-explanatory), etc) I can give you limits now.

oh, I didn't mean the limits on one's powers, I meant, the limit on how creative you could be with your character in terms of race, like if you just made one out of the blue, like if it's a robot, or a cyborg, or a monster, or an alien X3

Ah. Just be humanoid. Aliens, robots, whatever are fine, but it should be of approximately human size, barring transformations and stuff if that's your power. If you decide to look completely inhuman you'll have a rough time interacting with anyone :p

Also keep in mind the tech of the world at large will be just a little above our own. Only characters who specifically have tech as their power will have stuff much beyond that. So try to make a character that fits into that setting.

So when you say 'National level' How do you mean? like nuking Moscow national level, or "I could obliterate an entire continuant" national level? or on a scale of 'I could change my country' vs 'I can change the world'
And what sort of hard limits would you have on power. Because I have a idea. a crazy fucked up idea that would be very intesting. but its like a local-galactic scale, in the sense that it only works in a localized area but its the sort of thing that could easily be considered (if scaled up) capable of changing the world.

By national, I mean you can take down an entire nation. You could, for example, take out Russia, China, or the U.S. Continent busting is reserved for continental level power, IE leveling all of Eurasia.

You have the power to change a nation solo, though obviously controlling a nation allows you to change the world. However, you are not quite powerful enough to, for example, simply fly off into space and chuck the moon at the Earth.

I'm trying to plan plot before I talk about power limits, since that'll be a rather exhaustive list given the sheer number of powers that could come up, but tell me your idea. I'm not sure what local galactic means, but if you mean you're using the force required to mess up a galaxy in a localized area, it's most likely too strong, but could be okay depending on what the power/idea is.

So it'd be something called Praxis Imortalis. or Crucifix (after the scar it left on him) a bio-mechanical weapon that would move through 'stages' the longer its used, and it takes about 10 seconds increasing linearly per stage (Stage 1 10 seconds, Stage 2 20 seconds, stage 3 30 seconds, stage 4 50 seconds. ect) with each stage stacking (so at stage 3 you have stages 1 and 2 still active)

1) The Wielder has increased, strength, stamina, speed, resilience, higher than that of almost any normal human (IE super-human feats)
2) The wielder's outer layers turn to metal, hair, everything. any edge becomes bladed, any smooth surface becomes armoured.
3) Two massive 'wings' are formed from the users back, these 'wings' are metallic and covered in minuscule blades, capable of ripping most normal creatures apart and turning them to kitty kibble.
4) The user becomes capable of channelling lightning/electricity, allowing them flight as well as the capability of hurling bolts of lightning, forming St elmo's fire, and even plasma.
5) any Non-organic matter around the user is converted to energy to fuel stage 6, forming a sort of barrier. (so you can still punch him, but shooting him has no effect)
6) The energy Density of the user becomes so high that they generate a micro-singularity allowing for the warping of time up to a degree, the longer stage 5 was in use, and the longer this stage is running the higher the warping gets, the growth is inverse exponential. starting at 1:30
Example; 1:30, 1 minute for real world is 30 minutes for user, +1/2 1:45 1 minute real world is 45 minutes for user, +1/4 original value (rounded up) 1:53, +1/8 Orignial value (rounded up) 57:1.
You get the idea, while it grows as he uses it, it grows slower and slower, and the growth rate is real time, so its diminishing results over extended time.
7) Upon reaching 'critical mass' (something yet to be determined, for balance reasons) The user can expel all the energy contained within the mico-singularity in a detonation capable of Not only wiping small islands off the face of the earth (think small carabian island, so maybe 10 miles by 10 miles) but also Nullifying all powers (effectively a 'silence' ability) However it is suspetable to itself, so while power uses are protected from the blast (including the user of Praxis Imortalis), all power users are stripped of their powers for 5-10 minutes.

So its insanely powerful, but on a small scale. the idea behind it being that rather than being able to effect a large area in a 'mildly' devastating way (wiping every city in a country off a the map) it effects a smaller area in a far more destructive manner (your island is missing, just gone.) Hence the term local-galactic, if it was scaled up it'd be capable of not just 'mess up' a galaxy but remove it from the universe. hence the far smaller scale than 'national' he can most defiantly fuck up a country, no 2 ways about that. but it'd require some actually thought.

I'm happy for you to nerf/buff it if you want to. also that's a 'source' of super powers you forgot, biological weapons/ enhanced humans. but anyway.

I was planning for a cyborg/AI. He will have overtaken a secret underground base and created a personal army. Like in Eddi's case the army will evolve as it encounter enemies. I would write more but I got my last finals tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some reason I didn't get the alerts for this. Anyway, that weapon is fine I think, just need clarifications. @EddiEddi

For stage 5, what exactly does the barrier stop?

For stage 7, would it be like an anti-matter blast then? Ignores durability due to not being reliant on energy for destruction?

Ah, also I didn't forget that. My thing wasn't a comprehensive list haha, just examples.

Yours should be fine @Rion

The barrier is about 2 to 3 meters radius sphere centered on his chest, so yes for some weird reason he can 'walk' on air when using this skill, and dosn't need to breath, (artistic lisence or he survives on pure energy, whichever you perfer)
Kinda, but the issue with antimatter is it uses E=Mc2​ which means that if lets say he oblitorates a bus which is about 12 tons, He will produce 2.8x108​Kilotons of TNT worth of energy. Now if we assume this is normal antimatter that energy is released as nucular fire, (Nucular bomb style explosion). the most powerful nuke ever tested the Tsar bomb is only 50,000 kilotons of TNT.
To put that in perspective, It would require 5x1050 ​Kilotons of TNT worth of power to destroy the entire planet. I perfer to think of it as more of a vaporization devise, or black hole, it'd be more like a shockwave, that inside of it, nothing exists except those with powers, and even then, they lose the powers. but yes, It dosn't use 'energy' per say. As I said, its more like a black hole, or supernova, a huge blast of subatomic particles that vaporises anything that it comes in contact with.

I meant what're the limits to what it stops haha. Cause you said he can still be punched, but shooting him is useless. Is it just like a projectile killer wall or something?

Alright. It'll be more of an erasure than an explosion, or something. It can still have an explosion just for aesthetics though.

Non-Organics, So metals, ceramics, liquids, ice, plasma. gases. However anything that would be called 'organic' (a carbonile compound so it would have to contain carbon, oxygen and hydrogen) can get through. so shooting him is useless, however your fist can get through. It also has no effect on energy, so lightning bolts, lasers, ion weapons all can hit him, but plasma, rail guns, particle beams ect don't.
I should also point out; at any stage he can stop its progress or hold it there, so lets say he gets to stage 3, it would take 30 seconds for the next stage to get ready, but he could wait for a minute or more before triggering it.

I had a change of mind. Could I make a character that can summon and control creatures from a different dimension? More precisely Dragons. =3

(One large and three small pets)

Okay, that should be good.

That's fine too, @Rion. I love dragons anyway haha

Status
Not open for further replies.