4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Horror, Romance, Fantasy, Smut, YAOI, Slice of Life, Modern Fantasy,

(... except for vampires of course, 'cause everyone knows that vampires don't bleed...)

• The newer generation of supernaturals wants to expose themselves to humans and think they will be able to rule the world then. However supernaturals are only 10% of the worlds population, so it will most likely end badly for all parties involved.

The Interracial Council of Supernatural (aka our characters) will have to prevent this disaster from happening. But before they can come to a solution, there might be some problems and prejudices that have to be over won.
  • ~ Plot ~

Yes, supernaturals have been on earth for as long there have humans, and perhaps even longer. But that is not the problem in this rp. Even though most humans are unaware that not everyone around them is human, the world had been more or less peaceful. The supernatural know how to hide and how to live, without breaking the most important rule of all, exposure. But as I already hitted, there is a problem now...

New, young, idealistic supernatural think it is a good idea to expose themselves and all other supernatural with them. They are tired of living in the shadows, while they have such great powers. They should be above humans, instead of covering from them. Their powers should not be something they need to keep as a secret, no, they should be able to freely wield and go. However this (growing) group of activists forgets one thing... Supernatural are only (or not even) 10% of the worlds population. Plus humans don't like change that much, just ask the witches (even though the burnings were not really the fault of humans)

10% is hardly enough to change the world, to change ideas that have been in the humans mind for so long. If this group will truly start a global exposure of supernaturals, there shall be war. No supernatural shall be save anymore, they will no longer live in the fear of keeping their powers secret, but live in fear of what humans would to with their powers. Use them as weapons, or simply just kill them. It is uncertain how humans will react, but it won't be very welcoming.

Luckily there is the Interracial Council of Supernaturals. The Council is formed after the witch burns, when the supernatural decided something like that should never happen again, something like that should be avoided. The Council has at least one member of each supernatural race and together they make sure that all supernaturals keep in line. If a supernatural breaks the rules of the Council, the Councilmember of the supernaturals race, will warn him. If that doesn't work, they will be called to justice in front of the Council and the Council together will decide on the faith of the supernatural.

However for years the Council had not been necessary to step up as a Council. Each Member perfectly executing their job among their own race. Yet with this global threat... The Council has to do something and thus the Council is called back together. Membership has been passed on from parent to child, so the current members are quite new and unaccustome... How will they handle this threat? More importantly... how will they treat each other?
  • ~ Races ~
    ( Disclaimer; Yes, this is very much based of the Otherworld-series from Kelley Armstrong. However knowledge of the series is not required. If you do know the series, you are awesome and you absolutely deserve a cookie. The links in the description are only for extra background information, you do not necessarily need to know it )

Half Demons

For as long as humans exists, demons have been taking human form to seduce or rape humans, which results in Half Demons. Though the children are all human in appearance they will inherit some (or all) of their parents powers. The powers mostly manifest themselves between the age of 12 and 20. The Half Demons will not pass their powers onto their own children.

Fire Half Demons are able to produce fire via physical contact. Their powers can also be emotional activated.
    * Igneus (Can cause first degree burns, may be able to produce sparks)
    * Aduro (Can cause second degree burns, can ignite flammable material)
    * Exustio (Can cause third degree burns, can incinerate object)

Tempestras Half Demons are able to control wind, rain or (if well developed) lightning from existing conditions.

Gelos Half Demons are able to produce ice via physical contact.

Telekinetic Half Demons are able to displace/move objects without contact. Power decreases when they lose concentration or are influenced by strong emotions.
    * Migro (Range; within sight, they can only small objects and over small distances)
    * Agito (Range; within sight, they can move nothing larger then themselves and only over a 10 feet radius)
    *Volo (Range; they have to be able to mentally picture the object and it can be no further than 50 yards away, they can move pretty much anything that is not attached, they can displace it over 20 feet depending on the size and weight)

Teleportation Half Demons are able to displace or move themself instananeously.
    * Tripudio (Can only move within sight, horizontal only, 12 inches radius)
    * Evanidus (Anywhere within movement radius, horizontal only, 10 feet radius)
    * Abeo (Anywhere within movement radius, horizontal and vertical, 50 feet radius)

Vision Half Demons are able to enhance visual abilities.
    * Acies (can enhance their visual range)
    * Conspicio (can induce temporary blindless)
    * Aspicio (can see through solid objects, and enhance their range as well as induce temporary blindness)

Ferratus Half Demons are able to make their skin impenetrable.

Expisco Half Demons are able to detect 'chaos'. They can have visions of past events or hear/see the thoughts of other when they plan chaotic things. Chaos (fear, sadness, pain, anger) is like a drug to them.
    Necromancers

Necromancers are able to summon spirits of the dead and raise corpses. However, necromancers don't always summon spirits. A spirit can identify a necromancer by their "glow". A necromancer's glow indicates their power, so the brighter the glow, the more powerful the necromancer and vice versa. Most necromancers use rituals and concoctions to summon and dismiss spirits and raise the dead.

[/i]Zombies[/i] are literally ghost being forced back in their bodies. It is seen something unethical to do among Necromancers. Zombies can and will only obey one Necromancer at the same time and will do his bidding until his body has decayed completely or his spirit is released. Though they are not the smartest creatures out there, they are nasty. Their scratches and bites can spread the 'Infection of Death' among living creatures. Smaller animals will go rabid and agressive and can this way transfer the infection as well. The infection will stop as soon as the Zombies stops to exist.
    Sorcerers

Sorcerers are a male magical race. Sorcerers give their magic from father to son, daughters are mostly not born to a Sorcerer. At the age 10-12, sorcerers show their first signs of magic possesion and are able to learn and develop their magic throughout their whole life. Sorcerers can cast their spells through hand movements, the effect of their magic depends on their concentration and ability. Sorcerer Magic is quite offensive. Their spells mostly are meant to attack and can cause destruction. Sorcerers can also learn Witch Magic, but most refuse to do so as it is seen as inferior and weak.

Traditionally, rivalry exists between sorcerers and witches, each accusing the other of betraying them to the Spanish Inquisition. The rivalry between the two races has seperated witches and sorcerers for centuries. The fact that witches and sorcerers recognize each other's races when eye meets eye does little to help that situation.
    Vampires

Vampires are the only race that is not born, they are Turned. This happens when a Vampire injects a human with their poison and thus spreads the Vampire Gene. Once a human is Turned, their heart will stop beating yet they will continue living. Young vampires mostly have trouble feeding on humans, both for the mental/ethical barrier and because they have little control over their urges. Vampires can also use their poison to merely sedate humans. A vampire only needs to kill once a year (before their Turn day) as they need to fully drain a human to continue living. Other than that they can feed regularly little bits of blood.

Except for their poison, vampires have also enhanced senses and quick reflexes. They are nearly indestructable as they will instantly heal from wounds. However there are ways to kill a vampire, namely decapitation or fully burning their heart. The sun will only make their skin blister and fall apart, but they can heal from that, as long as their heart is not fully burned. This is also the reason most vampires stay away from the sun, since it is not a pleasant experience.

Even though vampires could live forever, most Vampires give up their lives around 250 -300 years. They lose their touch with the world around them, do not care enough to keep up with the chances of time or simply grow bored of their life. A 'dying' vampire will disconnect from the world and spend more and more time sleeping, just so the day of their annual kill will come quicker.
    Werewolves

For some males, becoming a werewolf is a birthright; a genetic gift (or curse) passed from father to son, the first change. For everyone else, a bite is required, and that bite is usually deadly. Very few humans survive, because when most werewolves attack, they attack to kill. Then there's the ordeal of surviving the transformation itself, both physically and mentally.

The werewolves are divided into two distinct groups: Pack werewolves and non-Pack, commonly referred to as "mutts." It's thought that while mutts are not organized in any way - and are usually loners - most actively avoid drawing the Pack's attention.

As humans they mostly are quite muscular, they have a better hearing and smell and also heal quicker then humans. They are stronger, faster and have a better endurance. Thanks to their wolf side they are also equipped with nightvision. The only downside is that they need to eat a lot more than humans to keep their energy up.

The Change mostly starts when a werewolf hits puberity, unless a werewolf is bitten then the progress will happen within a week. Changing from human to wolf is a very painful progress as ones body has to completely reorganize itself. Mostly Changing takes about 15 minutes, until a werewolf is ready to go. As a wolf, they can progress human languages, but they will only be able to communicate through body language themselves. The color of their fur is determined by the color of their hair as a human and their eyes will stay the same color. Werewolves are usually a bit bigger than normal wolves. Changing back to human takes about as much time and is equally painful. Once the progress of a Change has started, the werewolf will be most vulnerable, because he is completely unaware of his surroundings and unable to stop the Change, once started. Werewolves will need to change at least once a month, but it is prefered to do so once or twice a week to get rid of pent up energy, agression and frustration.

The Pack mostly follows the hierarchy system of wolves. It has an Alpha that lead the Pack and is responsible to keep the Pack safe. His enforcer and protector is the Beta, who comes right behind him. The Pack further has no real rankings. Pack Wolves are highly uncomfortable with going against their Alphas order, which may even show physically if they do go against his decision. So far there are three Packs with each their own territory and rules. The first one is the American Pack (located mostly in New York), then there is the European Pack (located mostly in Russia) and the Australian Pack.

The Mutts are wolves that don't belong to a pack. They are mostly travelers and in general not the good kind of people. Some mutts live in peace, yet most of them can't seem to keep their hands of humans. They rape them and kill them, until the Pack finds them and ends the mutt's life.
    Witches

Witches are a female magical race. Sorcerers give their magic from mother to daughter, sons are mostly not born to a Witch. At the age 10-12, Witches show their first signs of magic possesion and are able to learn and develop their magic throughout their whole life. Witches can cast their spells through incarnations, the effect of their magic depends on their concentration and ability. Witch Magic is quite defensive. Their spells mostly are meant to defend and heal. Witches can also learn Sorcerer Magic, but most refuse to do so as it is seen as violent and evil.

Traditionally, rivalry exists between sorcerers and witches, each accusing the other of betraying them to the Spanish Inquisition. The rivalry between the two races has seperated witches and sorcerers for centuries. The fact that witches and sorcerers recognize each other's races when eye meets eye does little to help that situation.

• ~ Rules ~
    - Decent knowledge and usage of English is required
    - Activity in both OOC as well as IC is required (meaning being online at least once a week)
    - IC posting will be average of 3 paragraphs. Minimum post length will be 10 sentectes. Maximum post length is 5 paragraphs.
    - I want max 10 players for this rp. Though you are allowed to have max 4 characters.
    - Role reservation can be as vague and specific if you would like
    - Races that I have not listed may be allowed, please ask/message me on beforehand
    - Please make sure you have read the description of the races carefully. I will not allow you to stray from this (unless you have asked me about it ON BEFOREHAND!)
    - I might include some stray humans (if wanted, I will put up a poll for that when this becomes a thread)
    - I have more information about the setting, when this becomes a thread.
    - You can always ask me questions about anything
    - This rp will be open to all genders, sexualities, races and what all not.
    - Be open and respectful towards each other
    - Romance may happen but is not the focal point of the rp
    - More than romance is also allowed, but please but warning on your posts (and collab if necessary)
    - More rules may be added in the real thread
  • ~ Roles ~
    First Council Member of the Half Demons
    Second Council Member of the Half Demons
    Third Council Member of the Half Demons

First Council Member of the Necromancers
    Second Council Member of the Necromancers
    Third Council Member of the Necromancers

First Council Member of the Sorcerers
    Second Council Member of the Sorcerers
    Third Council Member of the Sorcerers

First Council Member of the Vampires ~ Tehuri Blackmore, one of the oldest living Vampires ~ @DarkiusHeavenstein
    Second Council Member of the Vampires
    Third Council Member of the Vampires

First Council Member of the Werewolves
    Second Council Member of the Werewolves ~ Dimitri Markovich, either Alpha of Beta, Russian Pack ~ @DarkiusHeavenstein
    Third Council Member of the Werewolves

First Council Member of the Witches
    Second Council Member of the Witches
    Third Council Member of the Witches

• Love
Reactions: Justin and junebug
I would like to place interest in this!

Reactions: DarkiusHeavenstein
I would love to do a witch if you would have me.^^

So, this looks pretty interesting to me, but I don't want to take on a lot right now. For some reason the idea of being a Necromancer's Zombie or spirit sounded appealing to me. I was wondering how intelligent a zombie could be. Are they smart enough to survive secretly in society if their Necromancer allowed it? Basically if you allowed this I would wait for someone to take the role of Necromancer and see if they would be willing to adopt my character as their subject. If no one was willing or this idea doesn't sound good then I'm fine with it being written off. I could try to play some other minor character if that was allowed.

So, this looks pretty interesting to me, but I don't want to take on a lot right now. For some reason the idea of being a Necromancer's Zombie or spirit sounded appealing to me. I was wondering how intelligent a zombie could be. Are they smart enough to survive secretly in society if their Necromancer allowed it? Basically if you allowed this I would wait for someone to take the role of Necromancer and see if they would be willing to adopt my character as their subject. If no one was willing or this idea doesn't sound good then I'm fine with it being written off. I could try to play some other minor character if that was allowed.
Thank you for the interest!

But I have to turn down your idea, even though I do like it, I don't see it fit into the setting I had in mind. Also zombies would not be able to live for a long time, even if allowed by their Necromancers. However continueing on this idea, you could perhaps be some sort of spirit guide of a Necromancer?

May be interested in a Expisco Half Demon or a Witch.
Haven't created a female in eons though, but am already envisioning a FC.

Am not sure if I can handle it, but have wanted to join another group rp

May be interested in a Expisco Half Demon or a Witch.
Haven't created a female in eons though, but am already envisioning a FC.

Am not sure if I can handle it, but have wanted to join another group rp
Welcome to this then^^ I feel honored

A spirit guide sounds cool. What would they be like?
They help Necromancers from the after life. Sometimes also in the real life (by going places the Necromancer would not be able to go). They also help keeping annoying ghosts away. They can give advice (since they mostly are old so have experience) More than that I haven't really envisioned it so it would be up to you and the person playing the necromancer how the relation works

Reactions: rechonq
I'd like to claim a werewolf if that's alright. Would prefer being of the American pack, though I haven't decided yet if he'll be an Alpha or Beta. Probably a Beta if I keep with the idea I have in mind.

Also, in terms of face claims, did you have any kind of preference or do you not really care?

I'd like to claim a werewolf if that's alright. Would prefer being of the American pack, though I haven't decided yet if he'll be an Alpha or Beta. Probably a Beta if I keep with the idea I have in mind.

Also, in terms of face claims, did you have any kind of preference or do you not really care?
Sure I will note it down.

As for faceclaims (totally forgot to mention that) I would prefer real life face claims for this rp. Though I am bot againat art/anime as long as it is realistic

B'aww. I wish Doppelgangers were a thing here, I have a stock character perfect for that...

B'aww. I wish Doppelgangers were a thing here, I have a stock character perfect for that...
Could you send me a PM with more information about Doppelgangers? Or link me the character? As I said I might make exceptions xD

Yes, I have confirmed the doppelganger. :D

vladimir_todd_by_vampguyz.png

^ This one. Mine <3

• Love
Where exactly will this rp take place?
Clearly an AU of our world, but in terms of specfic location?

I also see werewolves are broken down into 3 major packs/locations.
Could the same be said of witches, demons, etc?
That way in terms of cultural backgrounds we have some diversity, or
will it be if you're a witch so you're from a single coven from one place and that's it?

Because if I do participate I envision my character hailing from Indian roots.
Yet that wouldnt work if diversity beyond their various species isnt really prevalent.

Where exactly will this rp take place?
Clearly an AU of our world, but in terms of specfic location?

I also see werewolves are broken down into 3 major packs/locations.
Could the same be said of witches, demons, etc?
That way in terms of cultural backgrounds we have some diversity, or
will it be if you're a witch so you're from a single coven from one place and that's it?

Because if I do participate I envision my character hailing from Indian roots.
Yet that wouldnt work if diversity beyond their various species isnt really prevalent.
The rp itself will mostly take place in Norway, but it will overall be an AU of our world.

The reason I broke it down for the werewolves, so people know what pack territory would be. As even werewolves can be from all over the world as well, yet outside the pack it would be mutts. If someone would really want it, I could even agree with an Asian or African pack.

As for the other races, they can live all over the world. Yes there will be covens for witches, but you are not restricted to being part of a coven. You can also be a 'free' witch.

The sorcerers will be organized in big 'family' firms. They will be 'lead' by some big/old families who hold the power of these companies/firms and their employers will mostly be sorcerers as well

Vampires will mostly live alone and be traveling because of their age. Yet it depends on the vampire what they do, whether they stay in one place or not.

Necromancers and Half Demons mostly live among humans as if they are humans.They don't have real families or covens.

I hope that answers your question?

• Useful
Reactions: Obsidian Miscreant
An exceedingly thorough answer.
Very much appreciated. Thank you~

• Thank You
An exceedingly thorough answer.
Very much appreciated. Thank you~
No problem. I had been thinking about it before, but wanted to leave that bit of info for the actual thread since it seemed a bit overwhelming for only the interest check^^ But I am always happy to give more info if asked

Reactions: ObsidianNyx
Status
Not open for further replies.