Wayward Insane Asylum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke fought back the smirk destined to destroy his facade and gently pulled Kira up to his feet. "Your step-father put you here?" He shrugged off the statement as he added, "There's probably nothing wrong with you. You might just be in here because he's an ass." He didn't know if that would offend him or please him, but Luke hoped it would be the latter."Hope I don't make you too nervous now that we're going to be spending a lot of time together." Gesturing around the room with one hand, he spoke again. "What do you think about this whole roommate thing? Weird isn't it, how they just decide to move us all to one side of the building?" He stepped back so Kira had the option to move out of the corner if he wished to, then sat back on one of the old cots, watching the male expectantly.

"I..Thank you." Thank you? William was baffled by the statement. There wasn't praise for working this kind of job, especially not from the Patients he looked after. "I... I don't even know who you are." It took him a minute, debating whether or not it would be a good idea before he stuck his hand out for Patient #8398. "I'm William. You can call me WIll if you'd like." He gave a reassuring smile, a friendly one, to the man before him. There was no mistaking that Caleb Norwill was a fighter- or perhaps he use to be. For whatever reason it was, despite his state, he seemed to be trying his hardest. An admirable trait to say the least. "Ready to meet your new roommate?"

Ivan the Orderly made his way to the Infirmary with a less than pleasant attitude. His nose hurt and his eyes stung, God he hoped it wasn't broken by that crazy kid. Even his jaw hurt from having it forced open by Zack's hand. This job would be his death and it was all too much. He shoved open the door to find Dr. Christopher and Dr. Monica in the room, sleeping. It'd be nice if he could take a nap on the job, too. Grumbling, he asked the male. "Hey, Doc, can you take a look at my nose? Some Patient gave me a nasty right hook, think I got some fractures."

Caleb nodded his head once. There was nothing else that he could do. His agency had been robbed from him. If he said no, it was not as if they would turn his wheelchair around and march him out of this place. Besides, he was standing now, and as much as Caleb wished that he was standing tall and proud, he was shaking on his feet, legs stiff and uncertain. Will the Orderly, that was his new ally- along with the doctor he had enlisted with the intention of helping him, of assuaging his hurts and injuries. Caleb stared at William. He had put on this face of concern, of friendship. God above, did Caleb want to believe that he was his friend. But he couldn't believe that. Arthur didn't have friends. He had conquests and victims but he never had friends.

Caleb rubbed his arm, feeling the bump of his raised, rounded scars underneath his palm. He clenched his bicep in a vice like grip, trying to feel himself and remember where he was, and that he was, in fact, real. Sometimes it didn't feel like he was real- it felt like he was drifting. This conversation with William was just part of the new dream, the new nightmare of his life, and it was just as real or unreal as anything else. When he stopped clutching his arm, beneath his hand were a bunch of broken blood vessels and bruises from where his bony fingers had been. He took a deep breath, and as he did, the discoloration slowly faded, leaving it's place a veneer of pale, but untarnished, skin.

Caleb swallowed hard. This was it. Behind this door, there was a monster. He knew that, because of the way that William kept asking him if he was ready. He knew that from the stiffening of his spine and his preparations for flight or fight. He knew because of the pounding of his own heart. But there was something that the monster behind the door didn't know-- Arthur was a monster too. Arthur nodded his head firmly, blond hair bouncing.
"Open the door." And this was a command, a direct order from a man who had once led men into darkness, from which he was the sole survivor. And he would survive this too.

Alice tilted her head quizzically at Eli. Dissociative identity disorder? She wasn't exactly sure what that was, but didn't that mean that there was another person in Eli's body? That meant more friends right? "Hehe! That means I get more than one friend, right? My names Alice!" She replied with a friendly smile. She let go of Blaise and looked around the room that she had been given. It was surprisingly more furnished than her previous room was. Maybe the doctors were being friendly? Either way, she was happy...er, than normal at this development. Maybe there was something here she could use to help some of the patients here.

"Nope, I don't need any help! The doctors don't like me having a whole lot of things anyways." She casually replied to Blaise's question.

Kira gives him a grateful look as he's pulled up to his feet, he shudders slightly when he thinks of his step father. "yes, my step father put me here.." he smiles weakly. "I'm sure he had his reasons, he never liked me anyway.." Kira adds with a shrug, feeling his face flush slightly. "my biological father loved me, and that's really all that matters.." he appreciates what Luke said about his step father. Kira blinks and shyly scuffs his feet. "I.. don't mind, y-you seem very nice a-and not that scary.." he continues to blush a little, feeling nervous but not wanting to offend the other male's feelings. Kira looks thoughtful. "the room mate thing is a little strange, surely it's easer to treat patients when they're on their own so they can't be influenced by other patients?" he nods. "maybe the move is temporary and they have something planed for the other wings?" after a few moments Kira moves cautiously from the corner and slowly sits on his own bed, gazing at his knees.

"Open the door." William noticed the change of tone in the man's voice and slightly intimidated, he obliged, opening the door to the sight of an Orderly stepping away from the unconscious Zack Kori on one of the cots. He was still tightly bound up in a straitjacket, a sheen of sweat on his face from his earlier panicking. "Is he alright?" Will questioned the female Orderly who gave a shrug and pushed past himself and Caleb with a weary, "Excuse me." With a sigh, he gestured to the untaken cot on the opposite side of the room. "I guess that's where you'll be sleeping. That boy," he glanced to the purple-haired patient. "Is your roommate. You'll be okay for now." The last two words had slipped, and he hoped that Caleb wouldn't catch on to them. "I'll go ahead and start looking for your files." The orderly parked the wheelchair inside the room to the left of the door. "We'll just keep this in here in case you need to use it."

"I.. don't mind, y-you seem very nice a-and not that scary.." Luke turned his head to conceal the smile that sentence had caused. He walked to the other cot, plopping himself down hard enough that the springs creaked under him. The blush on Kira's face was endearing to say the lest in the Sadist's opinion. "Maybe the move is temporary and they have something planed for the other wings?" He nodded in head with his roommate's speculations, continuing to carefully observe him as the boy's eyes trained themselves on his knees. "Maybe," he agreed. "Do you have any friends in this place? Most of these people seem to be a little put-off by each other." Luke propped himself back on one elbow. "Where's your biological father? He could get you out of this place."

Caleb stared at the unnaturally haired man infront of him. But it wasn't Caleb who had entered that room, not really. Fear had overtaken him, and so Caleb had run inside of himself, disassociating from this place and this room, fleeing the man who was strapped up and frothing infront of him. Caleb was reliving the Fourth of July in a house that wasn't his own, running outside with sparklers, a sister who wasn't his cautioning him about the sparks burning his bare feet. Caleb was far away, lost inside of memories that had never belonged to him, which left plenty of room for something else to take his place. Caleb was gone.

Arthur Prince looked down his long nose at the man before him. His eyes were cold, glass-marbles in a human face. There was no sympathy, no pity. There was nothing weak in those eyes, and thus, there was nothing mortal. His entire posture had shifted, from the quiet and shy boy who had been wheeled into this room, more like a husk, less like a living, breathing thing. Arthur stood, shoulders back, head lifted high. His back was straight, and his legs did not shake. His lips curved in disdain, a contempt for life and all living things. Arthur walked calmly to stand before the restrained man. Zach, was it? Maybe he should have cared- maybe that name should have meant something to him.

It was difficult to care, however, when he would live forever and Zach, was at best, temporary. At worst, Zach was fleeting. Arthur knew that, and he doubted the mess before him understood that. When the orderly - Will, he recalled that - was gone, he was alone with the lavender hair and the smell of death with every breath that Zach took, inhale life, exhale decay. Arthur was thankful that he was long past such things. It had been a long time since he had needed to capitulate to the demands of mortality, and it would be longer. Arthur leaned down, knees cracking with the snapping of joints and tendons. His blue marbles swiveled over the restrained patient. It seemed that in this place, you were only worth remembering if you were a terror and terrorized- only loved and worthwhile if you screamed and cried. Caleb would not be a terror- not to anybody except himself, maybe. But Arthur had killed people, and he had inhaled their fear. The only food that didn't turn to ash in his mouth, the only thing that filled the empty inside of him, was the way that people looked at him when they were about to die. He was the most important thing in the world.

Arthur smiled at Zach, and the smile isn't reach his eyes. Glass eyes could not smile, ice would not bend. But it sparkled with a predatory sheen, the gleam of a carnivore. He placed a hand on Zach's shoulder. His hands were cold as the grave, and just as pale. He was small. He was light. And Zach was restrained- tied down in a cot. Arthur's fingers crept like white worms up onto Zach's face, and for a moment, he cradled the man's cheekbones as tenderly as a lover. Arthur's voice was quiet, but intense- controlled and steady, like the hands on Zach's face;
"Look at me."

And Zach looked, because he had no choice. In his eyes, Arthur saw his reflection, haggard and sinister, a grim reminder of a long lost glory. He smiled. It could have been tender, if it had belonged to anybody else. "I doubt you have been in here long enough to not know who I am. I was Sergeant Arthur Prince, and I have seen the deserts of Arabia and the shores of the Dead Sea. I have seen monuments that were foretold to last the ages dashed to cinder blocks from an antiaircraft gun." The fingers on Zach's face tightened their grip slightly, the thumbs creeping up to press against the sides of Zach's eyes. "Look at me." Arthur commanded anew. And Zach looked. "I have seen terrorists and martyrs, I have seen combat knives covered in the blood of my brothers. I have seen my father's face reflected in a puddle of his vomit."

Arthur's lips twitched. The smile made the ice of his eyes crack, but they were still brittle and cold, branches on New Year's Eve. "Look at me, Zach." And Zach looked, because the thumbs on his face were holding him tight. And Arthur knew that Zach saw him, every single piece of him, from his missing heart to the blackened tips of his toes. And in that moment, he was the most important thing in the world. He pressed his fingers against Zach's eyes. The pressure he exerted was surprisingly strong, for such a frail man, and pools of blood bubbled up beneath his fingertips. The screaming was loud and clear in his head and heart, and it satisfied him.

He removed his thumbs- there were two bloody holes where eyes had once been. Arthur's hands were covered in sticky eye-jellies. That did not stop him from lashing out to grab the pillow beneath Zach's head. That screaming had to be stifled. This was his moment. He covered the man's face to in the pillow and watched as his body convulsed, watched Zach's death throes as the life was smothered out of him. He had been fleeting, after all.

Arthur wiped his hands off on the pillowcase and rose to his feet. He slipped off the bed and stood infront of the door. He smiled. He was important. He mattered. And they would finally remember him, now. He was Arthur Prince, and he was not to be forgotten.

Kira blushes that little bit more when the other boy down hard, Kira flinches slightly. He's aware that the other boy's looking at him, but continues to gaze at his knees. "f-friends?" he shakes his head. "I don't have any friends in here.. or.. anywhere.." he says sadly before forcing a weak smile. "b-but I'm fine.. n-no one would want to waste their time on someone like me anyway." he bites his lip slightly, trying not to show his loneliness. The one thing Kira would love is a friend, and maybe something more. He looks a little tearful when Luke asks where his biological father is. "I-I don't know.. I can't remember where he is, all I know is that it's being a while since I saw him and then I was placed in my step-father's care shortly after.. since my mother is dead, I couldn't go with her." Kira gazes up at him. "forgive me for being rude.. but why are you here? You aren't scary like everyone else.."

William left Caleb in the room, partially worried about what might happen when the infamous Zack Kori got out of his straitjacket. First on his new To Do list, was to find Doctor Vuuren and hopefully get some information on Caleb Norwill. Would he be in his new room or the older one? Unsure, he thought it best to first check the former room that had been assigned to him. Will took the stairs two at a time. If he couldn't find Vuuren, he'd snoop through the files in the storage room to see what he could find on patient #8398. Finally, he reached the old room that still had "Jakobus Van Vuuren" written on a small, white plaque hanging and knocked four times. "Doctor Vuuren? Are you in there?"

"Since you don't have friends here, or anywhere," Luke raised an eyebrow at Kira, curious about his lack of relationships. "We should be friends. Sound good to you?" He asked no more about his roomie's father, not wanting the kid to start bawling on him from the conversation. He adjusted himself, simply laying back with both arms underneath his head. "Sorry about your mum." The words were quiet but genuine. The patient wasn't sure how to make up a good lie of why he was there, so he gave Kira only half of the reason. "I'm in here because of my temper. It gets me into more trouble than I'd like to admit." Luke glanced over, hoping the boy would believe that was enough to get him sent to this place.

Elissa Kay LaCroix
Number 6313; The Six-Faced

The red girl tilted her head with a curious gaze while Blaise just looked at her, she blinked and hoped that she would let go soon seeing as the proximity here was more than slightly unnerving, "Hehe! That means I get more than one friend, right? My names Alice!"
Blaise blinked and shifted her weight, so she was still on that concept. The red head shot her a big smile and let her go, allowing Blaise some breathing room while she glanced around the new place.
"It's a pleasure", The black haired girl said as she straightened out her clothing and glanced up at the other girl, she watched her and smiled slightly, 'More than one friend'. Huh... This girl sure had a funny way at looking at things, not necessarily bad, just... rather different. Immediately Blaise thought of how the rest of them would like her. Lana, when she bothered to pop up would be indifferent, or perhaps even a bit wary of her. Dez would treat her as a friend and would probably not be too snarky.....hopefully. After all there was no telling how this girl would react. Roy was hard to say, he was a kid and a boy of all things, and Blaise would not for an instant pretend to understand either of those things. Then there were the other two... who Blaise had quite a deep loathing for. They took crazy to a whole new level.
"Nope, I don't need any help! The doctors don't like me having a whole lot of things anyways." She replied calmly,
Blaise took note of that but shrugged it off quickly. She was now more curious in regards to what was going on in this girl's head, what was essentially 'wrong' with this girl, She paused and glanced over at her, "So why don't the Lab coats let you have very much?" She inquired, feigning a lack of concern as she did so.

Kira looks up quickly at Luke with wide eyes, he looks very surprised to say the least. "you'd like to be my friend?" he starts to smile happily, grateful that the issue as to why he doesn't make friends hasn't being brought up. "I would really like to be your friend.." he says with a shy nod of his head. He shakes his head. "it's okay, I am sure she is in a better place now.. depending on what you believe." he listens as his room mate explains why he's in, Kira nods thoughtfully. He's not quite sure if he believes that, but he can understand if the real reason is something that Luke would rather not say. "I see.." he says with a nod of his head. "it's kinda dumb that they'd put you in here just because of that though, society seems to be going downhill.. people should just accept that some people get angrier then others.."

"You'd like to be my friend?" Luke watched his roommate smile in what looked to be a joyous manner and continued listening to him. "I would really like to be your friend.." He allowed his lips to curve upward as he spoke. "Then we're friends now, Kira." This was far too simple for someone who lived in an asylum! Maybe he really was sane. Luke tuned Kira out as he stared at the boy, attempting to figure out how he became admitted while simultaneously fantasizing about all the torturous activities he'd be taking charge of in the foreseeable future. When he stopped talking, Luke tried to gather what he should have been listening to. "Uh, yeah." He snapped himself out of his daydreaming. "Society has a lot of issues nowadays doesn't it? When hasn't it had issues though." The black-haired man shrugged.

The lights were out early at 9:45 that night. Orderlies had made a once over of the West Wing to lock the doors and make sure each inmate was accounted for. They found a deceased Zack Kori in his shared room, which caused mild panic amongst the staff. A nurse had sedated the man's roommate incase he were to trike out against the management, and two Orderlies carried him to the elevator. They took his unconscious body up to the twelfth floor where the isolation and operating rooms were, placing him in a straitjacket to leave him locked away for his first wave of punishment. The cell's padding was thin, torn here and there, and stained with unknown fluids. Who knew how long he'd be in there? It took three more people to dispose of the body and disinfect the room once everyone else was safely locked in for the night. Zack Kori's body was buried that night in one of the many acres surrounding the facility.

Two days passed right on schedule.
  • 7:30 AM- Breakfast
  • 8:45 AM- Medication
  • 9:10 AM- Group Meetings with Doctors
  • 11:10 AM- Free Time
  • 12:30 PM- Lunch
  • 1:15 PM- Vital Signs Taken
  • 2:30 PM- Visitation for Stable Patients
  • 3:45 PM- Individual Meetings with Doctors
  • 5:00 PM- Recreational Therapy
  • 7:00 PM- Dinner
  • 8:50 PM- Nightly Medication
  • 9:00 PM- Free Time
  • 10:00 PM- Lights Out
Cateline Bloom nor Caleb Norwill had been seen by any of the patients or the staff, who assumed they were both in isolation for their actions. A familiar buzzing reverberated off the cement walls that morning around the time group meetings were scheduled, that nasal-y voice with a too ecstatic tone blasting through the speakers throughout the building. "Good morning, Wayward! Today's group meeting will be held Dr. Lawrence, Dr. Blake, and Dr. Vuuren for the following patients: #5370, John Bouley. #5885, Reiner Kissik. #6313, Elissa LaCroix. #6754, Alice Dunn. #7013, Kira Nightingale. #8398, Caleb Norwill. #8743, Mosaic. #9575, Cateline Bloom. Be on your best behavior, patients!" The intercom cut off with a sharp click while the nurses continued passing out the morning medication to half of the mentally unstable inhabitants on the fifth floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kira hasn't felt that happy in a very long time, and he's shocked to think that anyone would actually agree to being his friend. He's always being shy and introverted, relying on his father more often then not. His strong and dominant father, Kira hero worshipped him and wanted to be just like him. But he knew he never could be, Kira wasn't made of the same stuff his father was. This gave him a deep insecurity that he was never good enough as a male or person, and that made it hard and impossible for him to make friends.. not that he ever really needed them, his father was all he needed. So when he was confronted with the fact that his father was no longer there- he realised how lonely he was.

Kira smiles when Luke confirms they're now friends. "you know.. I hated coming here.. I hated every minute of being here.." he brushes a strand of red hair out his eyes. "but now I suppose I don't need to be bitter about it, since you're my friend.." he smiles gently.

He looks thoughtful. "I wouldn't know about past issues in terms of society.." he looks a little embarrassed. "I lived a sheltered life..but I do know that it's messed up now.." he sighs. "I wish I'd have known how messed up it was sooner.."

~(Time Skip Add on)~
In the days that past like grains of sand, Kira's spit personalities seemed to be constantly surfacing and fading. One moment he'd be the narcissus, in another he'd just be Kira. He was given a new form of medication to see if that would help suppress the personality. There was talk of new treatment for him, but Kira didn't care ether way. The medication had made him sluggish and tired, almost in a constant muddled state of disorientation. Even though Kira was muddled and confused, he knew that something bad had happened the night he made his very first friend.. yet he did not know what, the asylum has ways of swallowing secrets and burying them forever.

During these short few days, Kira's narcissistic personality- though it surfaced less now- became more vicious. There was little doubt of the young man's insanity at this time and talks about straitjackets becoming a permanent item were talked about. However Kira's weaker personality remained the same, if not a little more flaky then normal.

Although he felt like he had been there forever, he knew that was no the case. He had been there for maybe two days, but the unnatural darkness of the room made it confusing for his circadian cycles. He had measured the seconds and hours by the flickering of the lights above his head. It was the occasional light that gave his dark world substance. He had watched with glassy blue eyes doctors move around him, half-wrapped in coats of white, half-wrapped in cloaks of darkness. He had not fought them when they had brought him here. It had taken them several hours for them to find Caleb Norwill crouched over the body of Zach Kori. He had clutched the man's pillow between his kneecaps and his torso, cradling it. The smell of death hung in the room, and rigor mortis had just set into to Zach's limbs. They were splayed to the sides of his cot, and his eyes stared vacantly up at the ceiling. Caleb could not bear to close them, because he could see a familiar face etched on the eyelids. There was an ancient belief that the murdered recorded the face of their assailant on the back of their retina, but that there was no way of processing the images, so this information was useless. But Caleb could see his own face shining back at him, with ragged hair and a fractured glint of a smile. He hadn't the heart to close Zach's eyes - to dot hat would remove the guilt that hung in his chest, where his heart should have been. He knew that there was a heart still - something beating and throbbing within him, but he figured that it only beat out of habit, and that there was no real reason for it to throb the way that it did. If his heart stopped beating, would he die as easily as Zach did?

But he had not resisted them when they shot him full of sedatives - horse tranquilizers. It had taken two full syringes before he had collapsed into blissful unconsciousness. Although Caleb did not sleep, he dreamed, whether he was awake or unconscious, he dreamed. And he suspected that he had been dreaming for the past few days, with his wrists shackled to the sides of the hospital bed, wrists rubbed raw from strain, only to heal instantly up again without even the memory of scar tissue. On the first day of his arrival, there had been many doctors and nurses, busying themselves with charts and facts and figures, but by the second day, they were all gone. They had forgotten about him again, and Caleb was not surprised. He supposed that he should have tried harder to be memorable, to be seen. But when the doctors looked at him, all they saw was a profitable collection of blood plasmas and cancer tissue. But when the novelty of these things had worn off, they had disappeared to find the more violent and pervasive prisoners. Caleb hadn't said a word since they had brought him in. On the first day, a tired looking nurse had tried to feed him, but she couldn't get him to open his lips. By the second day, she was gone, and the bottles of Ensure they had tried to force into his system were gone too. There was nothing in this grim operating room, except for him, and the dreams. And the moth.

Caleb stared up at the flickering lights. A moth was trapped beneath the plastic that enclosed the light. He could see its silhouette struggling weakly with every flicker of the light. His fingers curled at his sides, but he did not make an effort to escape his bonds. He just stared blankly upwards, and felt himself succumbing to the dream again. He watched himself get up from the operating table, pulling away from his straps easily. He watched the man who was him, but was not him smile at his x-rays, smiling at the punctured lungs and the morphed spine. He watched his fingers brush against a discarded hospital gown, and pull it over his naked body. He had been stripped down, so that they could get a better look at him. Beneath the ragged and dirty slip, Caleb's body was a thing of ruin. Cracked and pitted white skin, marred with many scars and even more scar tissue, fingers and toes that had gone black at the tips from either blood-build up or decomposition; Caleb couldn't be sure. His hair was white and brittle, and whatever body hair he had once had simply broke off in calcified chunks. He was a dust-covered monster, with bright blue eyes and a forgettable face. Caleb watched himself stare at himself, and play fingers against a half-caved-in chest. This was the dream.

Arthur smiled at him, and his teeth were bright and terrible. He was a thick-skinned calcium sipper. Caleb strained against the strap on his head, but he could not move. He didn't have the strength. He felt Arthur's fingers push against his trachea. For a moment, he thought that his Other was going to strangle him. The words escaped his mouth before he could do anything to stop them.
"Let me die. Let me go. Please." They were cracked and broken words. They were the words of desperation. The words of a drowning man, who no longer had the energy to cling to his raft.

Arthur squeezed hard on his throat. This is it, Caleb thought. This is the end. Thank God on High. This is the end. But then, the grip released, it was no longer strong. It became a carress, and then nothing at all. Caleb's eyes blazed with teas and fear, and his fingers tightened at his sides. Arthur patted his knuckles with his fingertips.
"I won't let you die," The war criminal whispered, and Caleb could hear the cruelty in his voice. He could hear the hatred that Arthur had for him, a hatred so deep and horrible that not even death would alleviate that hatred. Only pain could, only Caleb's suffering. "I never can let you die." His fingers brushed towards the buckles on his wrist straps. Caleb realized that Arthur was setting him free. He willed himself to banish this nightmare, to end this dream -but he couldn't wake up. He was not asleep, how could he wake up? The first strap came undone, and the next. All the while, Arthur spoke to him, his Other, just as much as he was Caleb's. "Don't try to kill yourself. I'll repair all of the damage. I can repair anything." His fingers went to the buckles around his ankles, and he released Caleb's legs with a snap, "If you do, they'll bury you, just like that poor boy. If they bury you, and I have to crawl out of your wreck of a corpse, I will do it." Caleb clenched his eyes. They were filled with tears.

"Stopstopstop." He said over and over, and when he opened his eyes, the dream was over. He was alone in his room. There was no Arthur. There was only Caleb, alone, in a hospital cot, strapped down. No. Not strapped down. All of the straps had been neatly undone. How? How had this happened? Caleb felt a shiver run down his naked spine. He pulled himself up, and hugged his knees to his chest. He sobbed for a moment, but there were no tears. He could not cry anymore. He was too dehydrated for there to be any-more tears. He swung his legs off of the hospital bed. There was nothing to do but go. There was nothing left for him. He would return to one of the cells in the bottom of this hospital, and he would be forgotten once again. And he would be alone with his dreams. He would sit on the Persian Gulf and watch missiles stream across the sky like falling stars, one arm clasped to an AK-47, semi-automatic gun, while the other was held by his Other, who reminded him that he was alive, and would never die.

Caleb plucked a discarded doctor's coat from a chair. Doctor Mikahil Astrov was embroidered on the pocket. Caleb wrinkled his nose, and pulled it around his thin and shaking shoulders. He stared at himself in the dark, metallic gleam of a half-filled, entirely forgotten sink. He said his names to himself. If he didn't, maybe he would forget again. Maybe he would believe that he was Mikhail Astrov.
"Caleb James Norwill." He mumbled. "Arthur Terrance Prince."

Caleb James Norwill and Arthur Terrance Prince walked with one body down the halls of the hospital, wrapped in a stolen doctor's coat. They were looking for the way down, and a place to be forgotten again.

Reinier waltzed into the uninhabited room which was holding today's group therapy, he was early. Similar to almost every other wall and floor in it, the room consisted of sickly white shades. He took the seat closest to a window with an open view of Waywards lawn, hoping to spot the best fence to escape throughout, due to recent events, bashing in one of Jills paintings then proceeding to hiding it, Reinier feared his room mate, the one that would most likely crack his skull in if he found out. That and all of the patients disappearing concerned him greatly, how would he ever meet mr. Clean in real life now? How would he avenge his mother?

There was too much at stake to die a mysterious, most likely torturous, death. " The fence in the corner has an interesting tree on the other side... which could easily be gripped and climbed.. to avoid the barbed wire... " he muttered his plans in an almost inaudible whisper, nonexistent to those who were a foot or more away. Although he was in fact on edge he portrayed himself in a relaxed fashion, leaning back as to casually view the yard. He considered when the staff would be the most busy, what if he could create some sort of distraction? how severely would they punish him if his attempt failed, what if he got another scar from the barbed wire, what if...

Reinier often drifted into his thoughts when he was over-thinking something.

Luke had been playing "the good friend" for the past three days, and inside he was slowly growing more agitated and even more eager to break Kira. The two were still sitting in the dim cafeteria when he heard his roommate's name being called from the speakers. He tapped the uneaten plate of mush in front of himself when he began speaking. "Sounds like you're in for a fun group session today." The corner of his lips quirked upward. "There hasn't been two doctors in a group before, but it seems like a lot of people will be there." Luke stood, giving one of those stupid see-you-later nudges to Kira's shoulder before leaving to go get his medicine. He'd be undeniably spitting those out.

Ivan, one of the many Orderlies at Wayward, was already sitting in at where the first therapy session would be held. There were bruises beneath his eyes from when the now deceased Zack Kori clocked him in the face and broke his nose. One side of his face was slightly swollen, too from the fracture in his cheek. Truth be told, Ivan was pleased that someone finally took that kid out. It wasn't a secret that many others were relieved as well. The boy had been nothing but a nuisance from day one apparently. The Orderly watched the first of the patients walk in and sit by the window, moving his lips as if he were talking to himself. If he was, Ivan couldn't hear him. "Which one are you?" He asked with a bit of disdain in his tone.

Caleb Norwill had all but disappeared and it bothered William that no one could tell him where the patient had been placed. He found old files with prescriptions for the cancerous man, and had gotten a few of them filled by Doctor Blake since good old Doctor Vuuren couldn't be bothered at the time. Will had been too busy to search for Caleb in the many isolation rooms, but he was stumped as to what could have really happened to the male sharing the room with him. Really, he couldn't have murdered that Kori fellow, not when all he's made of is skin and bones! He was desperate to believe otherwise, but there was the lingering thought in the back of his mind:
What if he did?

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Kira sits next to Luke as he picks at his food, Luke has so far proven true to his word and being a very good friend to the red haired young man.. however the other personality doesn't trust his room mate. Kira's currently his meeker self and sighs, pushing his plate away. "the food looks to lumpy.." he mutters, gazing up at the speakers before back and Luke. "it would seem so.." suddenly his personality switches and he blinks. "what was that? Group?" he sneers. "how annoying.. how annoying." he glances at Luke and smiles slightly as his shoulder's nudged. "try not to enjoy yourself to much without me, hell knows I won't." his expression darkens as he stands up. "why can't they just leave me alone to do my hair?" he rants as he starts to walk away.

Reactions: Red Rabbit
He wandered through the halls, half-living, and half-dead, his stolen coat dragging against the linoleum floor. Caleb's eyes were wide pits in his face, and his hair hung in mats around his neck and shoulders. He twitched, every few minutes, believing that the strands of his hair were spiderwebs. His fingers clutched furtively at his arms, bruising his flesh with his tight grip, before the bruises faded instantly. He saw doctors walk past him, but they did not seem to see him. They saw one of them. The saw the doctor that he had stolen the coat from. Mikhail Astrov was who they saw. The name was Eastern European - probably Russian, though Caleb was no judge of linguistics and etymology. He tried to picture Mikhail, but he couldn't. The only thing he could see were centipedes crawling behind his eyes, and the movements of gravedirt. His mother's face, shining distant from fading silver photographs. Who was she? Who was Mikhail Astrov? Who was he? Caleb figured that an existential crisis was perhaps unhelpful in this moment - but maybe it was something to think about. He could try to imagine Mikhail Astrov later, laughing with his mother, as the worms crawled in and out.

A poem came unbidden to his mind, though he had not read a book in many years. Arthur had been a reader, as his father liked to say, from the first letters to the last. It was surprising, a boy who loved football and baseball, who also loved to read novels and poetry. Arthur had recited a poem at his school graduation. He was supposed to recite an Emily Dickinson poem, Sic Transit Gloria Mundi - a farewell to all the friends he had made in highschool. it was approved by a board of four teachers - Mrs. Alberson, who had a husband who beat her, Mr. Bryce, who had a secret passion for his TA, Coach Robertson, who threw up his meals, and Miss Applegate, who everybody wanted to fuck. She had smiled when he had recited the latin, unknowing that he would recite something else on graduation day. He would recite The Conqueror Worm by Poe. Maybe they should have realized at that moment, that Arthur wasn't a good person. Maybe they should have known that he was as rotten inside, and on the outside as a conqueror worm, but with a good disguise of valor and graces. But they didn't know him. He knew him.

He wandered through the hall. He was a ghost to all that saw him. But then, he made eyecontact with a familiar face. His friend. Caleb's friend. But was he actually his friend? It had been so long that he had a friend that e couldn't remember even what that meant, just that it was something to crave. His shoulders shook beneath his coat. His jaw was tense, and his face was tense. His lips peeled back from his teeth in something like a smile, but it was not qite that. It was stranger than that, and out of practice. His name was William. That was who he was. But would he see him? Or would he see just Mikhail Atrov, staring back at him with blank eyes, not a scared kid who had escaped his bonds? He stood there and looked at William. He waited. He waited for William to walk by, without him seeing. He waited for him to see him. He waited for a miracle.

"Mr. Bouley this, Mr. Bouley that."the voice of the three Bouleys mumbled as the man entered the room. "Fuck off, dipshit. Thinking he can commandeer me around like that..."he grunted, dragging his feet along the linoleum floor - these goddamn floors, all the same boring colour and all just as dirty. A disgrace if there ever was one. Jack stopped for a moment to look around the room. There were surprisingly few people in there with him. John was usually the one to arrive early, while he himself was mostly the last one to show up. Would he actually have to wait around and be bothered by these twisted, demented, inbred wastes of a wank stain on a tube sock? He cursed at Jill for being so goddamn scared of people all the time, leaving him to deal with this bullshit instead. "Alright, so where the fuck is everyone?"he spat, gesturing his his hand towards the centre of the room. "When are we getting started?"

"We will get started as soon as everyone has found their way here, Mr. Bouley."Dr. Van Vuuren said with a plain tone as he walked past Jack into the room. "Be patient. It is a skill that will do you good here."he continued, which earned an angry grunt from Jack.

"Try not to enjoy yourself to much without me, hell knows I won't." Luke's roommate, Kira, stood and began walking out of the cafeteria. "Why can't they just leave me alone to do my hair?" There was something suddenly... Off. When did Nightingale decide to worry about his hair? Not once had that been mentioned in the few days Luke had gotten to know him. What the hell was that about?

William raked fingers along his jaw, a sandy brown stubble there from his missed days of shaving. He heard Caleb's name called through the speakers, and it angered him. Did the administrators not know of his disappearance? Patients were dragging there feet through the halls, most half asleep while others were wide awake from another restless night even with the medicine given to them each evening. They needed more doctors to fix the countless mistakes they had with the prescriptions. He spotted a doctor's coat amongst them, its hem draping along the floor and the person inside clutching at their arms. His brows furrowed as he walked closer to inspect the man drowning in the clothes, but it didn't take him long to recognize the face.

"Just where the heck have you been?" The orderly placed a hand on Mr. Norwill's shoulder, turning him around to walk the opposite direction. "Why are you in," He stopped speaking to look at the name on the coat. "Mr. Astrov's wardrobe?" The attempt to bite back the concern in his tone was useless, but he didn't want to upset any of the inmates within earshot of them as he led the frail man towards the room he was suppose to be in.

Mosaic, the girl with dual colored eyes and a messy mop of hair on her head was the next to walk into the room for group therapy. The discolored skin under her eyes matched the orderly's in the corner from the broken nose she received on the same day by John Bouley's personality named Jack. Bouley was the one she spotted first out of the people there, and a smile crept along her lips as she headed for him and Dr. Vuuren. "Hello!" She wasn't certain if John, or Jack, or Jill would be the one to answer her, but she waited happily nonetheless. They were her new toys.

Gabriel rolled a covered gurney through the closed floors in the west wing, his expressionless face matching the dingy white walls of the corridors. He had been the one to spread a rumor that their new psychiatrist, Monica Lawrence had taken a few days off due to her concussion the night she received it. Of course, now that that had been established, he could state at a later time she had quit. A beep from the pager in his pants pocket caused him to groan. There was only one person who got in contact with him this way, and that meant he had to drop everything and go see what his employer wanted. He parked the gurney against one of the walls and headed back down to the main floor from the seventh.

Jack instantly froze in his place when he heard that familiar voice speaking behind him. "Oh. My. God."he rumbled, slowly turning around and facing the girl, his voice filling with rage more than anything else. "Are you fucking serious?"he snarld at Mosaid, already feeling his fists clench. He felt a hand land on his shoulder and, looking to his side, he saw it belonged to Dr. van Vuuren, who was looking sternly into his eyes. The message was clear.

Jack tore himself from Jakobus' grip and looked at Mosaic again. "If you touch me you little shit, I swear I will throw you out the fucking window."he hissed at the girl, before walking over to one of the chairs to sit down, hoping the kid would leave him alone. He wouldn't throw her out the window, of course. At least, he didn't think he would. Sure, he was an angry person, and that creepy little kid was really pissing him off, but he was no murderer, and only the grace of God would save you from a drop from this height. Then again, he was known to get impulsive when really angry...maybe it would be best if he did calm down...

Status
Not open for further replies.