Wayward Insane Asylum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elissa Kay LaCroix
Number 6313; The Six-Faced

Elissa continued to wander, finding somewhere both comfortable as well as decently safe. There were commotions all about but the yelling of one individual managed to put her search on hold. Like many she turned her eyes to watch the ongoing, drawing mildly closer to get a better look at what the blonde male was freaking out about. She caught sight of the fight, and as it turned out he was yelling at a little girl who seemed to be bothering him.
Not wanting to catch the attention of either party she turned away and walked on, setting her eyes on an empty chair in the corner of the room. She smiled slightly, a half smirk, before bee-lining her way over to the chair. She was half way there when a skipping figure caught her attention, her cool eyes glanced over as a set of brilliant wavy red locks bounced about. Big green doe eyes were set on.... her.
The girl skipped over and stopped in front of her, with a giggle she greeted her, "Hi hi!"

Her small hands darting forward quickly and clasping her own before shaking it with vigorous enthusiasm and a large happy smile spreading across her features. Elissas eyes were open wide with mild shock,
"You're looking awfully down!" The other girl observed as she let Elis hands drop. Her eyes darted from her hands to the face of the redhead, and her expression brightened ever so slightly at the realization that she was being normal! Well kind of. Sure it wasn't typical for most people to greet others like that, but at least she was being nice!
She made her best attempt at a smile. This girl was adorable, something that Eli didn't often see in the patients that lingered about. Though a little voice whispered caution in her mind she ignored it, thinking that perhaps whatever had gotten the roux in here hadn't been quite as bad as what the rumors hinted the rest of the lot had done. Plus there was no way evil could possibly hide behind a face like that... right?

Elissa merely shrugged, "Oh? Well, I guess I'm always kinda down these days."
She glanced over the girls shoulder at her chair and sighed inwardly in dismay. Drat, taken. Her silver-gray irises darted back to the girl, "It's uh-- It's nice to meet you. I'm Eli"
She began an introduction but stopped and glanced back at where further commotion was taking place. She'd ignored it up to this point, but things had gotten a bit harder to overlook.
It seemed the boy from before was still raging against the girl, his face red with anger, "You wanna have another, pumpkin!?"
Eli looked over at the little girl as she spoke, from where she stood she could barely get a glimpse at her face. She edged over slight and caught a glimpse of crimson. Blood. Her stomach dropped, 'Is he seriously beating up on a kid?'
She thought to herself incredulously.

The black haired girl looked around. Was no one going to stop them? Her eyes turned back to the brawl for a heart beat, and from behind she realized the girl looked a lot like her sister. The girls build was the same, and her hair --though slightly ratty-- was identical. Elissa stared for another moment, shook her head and began to turn away, but stopped. 'If you stand by and watch something happen you're no better than the one doing it'
Eli swore under her breath and glanced over at the cheery red head and gave her a weak smile, "I... err, I'm sorry. I'll be right back."
With that the girl took a step forward to intervene. She elbowed her way through the crowd and forced her way into the empty space that surrounded the two. With a deep breath she gathered up her courage and before she could change her mind she spoke.

She looked between the angry flustered male and then turned her eyes on the girl. The faded blue and green eyes caught her off-guard for a moment, seeing as she'd never met on with heterochromia, but her composure returned shortly,

"Hey. Both of you. Calm the hell down. What is this, elementary school? Act your age"
She paused for a moment, then shot a glance again at the male and remembered the smaller girls broken nose. A small piece of her shuttered and looked to the girl through the corner of her eye, unwilling to expose her back to the violent character to her right. She really didn't fancy the idea of him lashing out at her and breaking her nose, or any other part of her for that matter.
"Hey kid, you can see you're irking him. Why don't you just leave him alone?"

Like a creature, he trailed after her. He wasn't her creature, and he had no loyalty to her, no amount of trust and faith in this woman, but he followed her nonetheless. Caleb wondered why he did, but he supposed that in his heart, he did know why. He followed her because she could see him - she didn't just stare blankly through him like all the orderlies had. When she looked at him, she noticed him, she saw him. Some part of her was able to see behind his pale blue and green eyes, and see that there was a person inside of him, somewhere behind his skin there was Arthur Prince, a captain who was beloved and adored but also hated and feared for what he actually was - a murderer, and a monster. Caleb had many faces, and he didn't know what one he was wearing now.

He was pleased to leave the violence behind. It meant nothing. To him, that blood was unecessarily spilled and had no bearing I. The future. Caleb thought about the future a lot. It wasn't a future that he would have any part in, of course, but it was a future that he dreamed of, and in his dreams, he saw a future where there was no more blood, no more war, and he was defunct. But for that future to exist, the whole world had to be baptized in fire and oil, with the blood giving the Red Sea it's name. That was what he believed, but blood spilled in this place had no impact on that outside space. In here, he couldn't impact anything.

But his time here had to be meaningful. It had to count for something, because if it didn't, there was no point. He didn't have to live. But God had decided that he would be some immortal thing. And so Caleb lived. Head bowed, fingers twitching nervously at his sides, he followed. The action of thing the blanket around his throat like a child's superhero cloak was a strangely maternal action and something that he had no expected from a foul mouthed girl with wild eyes. Perhaps he was so pathetic that even the truly deranged could see that he was no threat. He felt like a wolf in sheep's clothing. None of them knew he was Arthur Prince, who smiled when his face was splattered with the brains of his squad mates. None of them would know that he had licked it off and laughed.

Caleb mumbled out his number to the girl.
"Eight, three, ninety-eight." He looked towards where her eyes went, watching where she watched behind a sheet of hair. And there was the counting the constant counting. What was he counting down for ? To calm himself? Or was he counting down an explosion, a demolition. What was he counting? Caleb found that it made him anxious. It made him nervous. He wring his wrists, clawing at the bandages that hung like loose ribbons around the pale, white skin of his wrist bones. His tendons and bones and veins and blood could all be seen through the skin. It was so thin. And his nails did a good Job on making it all visible, all easy to see.

Caleb took a deep gasping breath, and then cleared his throat. Thin rivers of half-congealed black blood dropped lazily down his arms, pit pattering against the floor. He didn't even seem to notice. "I,ah." He stammered.
"Did you tell me your name? I... I can't remember."

Monica offered Reinier a tentative smile. "Of course. I should be familiar with more than just numbers if I'm supposed to council you on any issues shouldn't I?" Monica took great lengths to get to know her patients past the point of simple doctor-patient. It made diagnosis more accurate once she knew more about a persons past and personality.
"Did the counting help?" Monica inquired. She had recently introduced Reinier to the technique when his OCD became to much to handle.

Mosaic looked up at the girl who was addressing her. "He's my new toy." She stated like it was the most obviously thing in the world. Mosaic lifted a hand to her nose, flicking her wrist to realign her nose with a sickening grinding of bone. "We're just playing. It's fun." Mosaic blinked at the girl and tilted her head with a smile.

Jakobus watched with interest as the brawl unfolded, and the black-haired woman suddenly interfering. "A heroine? In a place like this, the kingdom of the indifferent and the frightened?"he mused, scratching his chin, where a hint of stubble was gaining ground. "Interesting. I'll have to get a closer look at her psyche later."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"And who the fuck do you think you are!?"Jack yelled at the woman whom had appeared from nowhere, acting like some kind of high-and-mighty peacekeeper of this place. "This creepy-ass goddamn brat won't leave me the fuck alone!" He looked at Mosaic, and his face instantly hardened to how it was when he punched her. "I'm not your fucking toy! And wipe off that shit-eating grin of yours before I break your fucking jaw!"

Mosaic giggled and smiled up at Jack. This is what she did. Mosaic riled people up until they snapped. That's why she liked Jack so much, anything she did or said set him off and it was positively entertaining, even with the expense of a broken nose. It would heal and Mosaic could over power Jack if need be. "Do you wanna try?"

Elissa Kay LaCroix
Number 6313; The Six-Faced

As expected her attempt to stop the quarrel didn't go as smoothly as she would have liked, the boy was the first to respond, "And who the fuck do you think you are!?"
He yelled at her. She flinched, bitten back a comment that would simply antagonize him more, and simply glared over at him. She truly hated being sworn at, it was always degrading, rude and made her more nervous in any situation. She replied calmly, restraining spite from leaking into her voice, "I'm Elissa, it's a pleasure"
A bit of sarcasm slipped into her response. Though he didn't seem to like her much he confided in her the trouble he was facing with the girl, though it wasn't much of an explanation.

The girl on the other hands, looked up at her with a image of innocence,
"He's my new toy." She stated as she lifted her hand to her nose and cracked the crooked piece back into place. Elissa flinched at the sound it gave, "We're just playing. It's fun."
The small girl blinked and then tilted her head with an eerie smile that send chills down her spine. She'd practically forgotten that these people --all of them-- weren't normal, and so reasoning with them would prove to be more complicated, seeing as common sense didn't really play a role here.

"I'm not your fucking toy! And wipe off that shit-eating grin of yours before I break your fucking jaw!"
The male screamed, as the girl giggled at him impishly.

She glanced between the two of them, now wasn't sure whose side she was on, the raging asshole who punched the girl in the face, or the demon child that stood there grinning at him, "Do you wanna try?"
Elissa stood there lost for a moment, trying to sort out a way to calm both sides down. How was she, of all people, supposed to reason with two people who were utterly off their rockers? The black haired girl glanced around at the doctors of the room, cursing them all for their uselessness. She sighed inwardly and simply waited for one of the to make the first move.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: k-michelle412
Cateline's discolored lips parted the slightest bit at the brief touch of another patient's forefinger. It took a split second after for her posture to become rigid and her eyes to focus on the culprit in front of her. "All better." What had he done in those lost moments of reality? Her skin was crawling and her forehead felt hot from the contact. She glared at Reinier, quickly studying his face for a mental before and after. She noticed the psychiatrist was crouched beside him, talking about something, but the only thing she could hear at that moment was the blood pounding in her ears.

"Eight, three, ninety-eight." Still stunned from the touch, she took a half-step backwards, bumping into Caleb who was speaking to her amongst the voices of three others in the background who seemed to be arguing. The blood that had dripped from his arms was now smeared on the floor beneath her bare feet. "I, ah." Her attention was immediately on the man behind her- not her eyes, but her ears. "Did you tell me your name? I... I can't remember." Cateline had heard but could not answer her new companion. The only thought on her mind was that stupid boy in front of her. A quiet, nearly inaudible giggle slipped out from betwixt her lips that now formed an open-mouthed smirk, exposing the white dagger-like canines on the upper and lower half of her jaw.

She exhaled heavily after unconsciously holding her breath, hissing out the words Reinier had spoken to her. "All better?" Every muscle in her body tensed before she hurled herself forward at the patient, tackling them to the floor and nearly smacking both their heads against a cement wall. Hell, Cateline almost took down the psychiatrist with them. "All better!?" Screaming now, her hands curled into fists around the male's shirt while she straddled the victim. There was no way she was going to be easily pulled from him with malicious intent now bubbling through every inch of her. Her lips twitched as she suddenly leaned forward to sink her teeth into the left side of Reinier's face.

Zack snorted with disdain as a new girl rushed in to break up the fight. Disappointing. He wanted to see how it would end. The concept of someone dying in the playroom gave him a slight thrill just thinking about it. Right now, he could only hope that this dark-haired peacekeeper would take a few hits of her own, maybe even give some as well.

The sound of someone falling to the floor caused Zack's head to swivel around. He saw Cateline tackling a patient with something like PTSD, pinning him to the ground. Cowardly. Zack preferred not to use such dirty, ruthless tactics. He liked a good challenge. Annoyed by the dark-haired biter's over-aggressiveness, Zack gave another snort and turned back to the first fight.

Monica took a moment to collect herself after being shoved roughly out of the way. Her eyes widened as the red headed girl went to sink her teeth into Reiner's face. Where in the hell were the doctors?!
Monica scrambled over and wrapped her arms around Cateline. She tugged trying to pry her off of the boy or at least prevent her from mangling his face with her teeth. She hadn't had time to read over this girls file but she made a mental note that she was extremely volatile and dangerous.
Monica pried the girls fingers from Reiner's shirt to at least pull her away. It was quiet difficult considering her enraged feelings.

Underestimation will end man kind. Not a nuclear war, not a plague or an apocalypse. Underestimation. If only Reinier had known this prior to a mess involving a small girl with a bad reputation. He foolishly thought a light flick on the forehead directed at a dark-haired girl might enrage her to nip his finger, might provoke her to cuss him out, might even give her enough anger to take a swat with her sharp unclipped fingernails. He never expected to go from hearing the sweet mother-like tone from Dr. Monica Lawrence to being pinned down and attacked by a skeleton with angry, almost glowing eyes. " Of course. I should be familiar with more than just numbers if I'm supposed to council you on any issues shouldn't I? " The psychiatrists velvet voiced slipped from her cotton candy colored lips "Did the counting help?" " Yes to bo-- " Reinier began-but never got to finish. Before he could react he'd been tackled back-first onto the hard ground, he peered into the rabid face of Cateline Bloom. The girl whom he knew only as 'piranha', nicknamed by most of the patients at Wayward.

It was amazing she could take him down keeping in mind her height, as she stood a foot or more shorter than he. She truly looked the description of insanity, the ends of her dark hair lightly skimmed his face,
"All better!?" she quoted him in fury. As her fists gripped his shirt and ripped him closer to her he thought of the gruesome stories that revolved around her, he realized he would potentially be bitten, and this time he might actually feel it. Dr. Lawrence tried her best to get Cateline off of him but any attempt would only make the piranha fight harder and make her furiously lunge further towards Reinier. He knew he might be bitten. A scar!? Only on one side! Scars can't be fixed!? She couldn't possibly-- Thinking about a hypothetical mark distracted Reinier long enough for Cateline to dig her cannibalistic fangs into his cheek. They must have gone deep because he was not intolerant to this pain. Reiniers eyes widened, this was the worst stinging he had ever felt in his entire life. Along with the shooting pain of her teeth submerged in his face Reinier jerked away freeing his head, the taste of blood flooded his mouth. " DAMN YOU! THAT FUCKING HURT! " Rarely he used as much profanity as this but it seemed to be the only way of dealing with the agonizing pain. Being filled with more adrenaline than he could handle, the pale boy flipped her onto her back, knocking Monica off and ending the doctors struggle, he pinned Catelines arms to the floor. He leaned his injured cheek against his shoulder in attempt to both control Cateline and stop the bleeding, stop the pain.

The tiny yet vicious girl began to struggle, Reinier used his obvious advantage, weight. With his four limps pressed onto hers he managed to keep her down, at least for the time being.

Christopher sighed. He had really hoped they wouldn't start fighting, but it looks like this guy had really bad anger issues. Or rather, one of his personalities had anger issues. And the girl, what the hell was she thinking? She supposed she might enjoy such spectacles, from the way she was acting. Either way, his nature to help people was getting the better of him. He walked over to the two before Jack could punch the girl again.

"Alright, that's enough." He stated to the enraged male. "Walk away sir. Neither of us wants me to have to sedate you and put you under and recommend me putting you in a straight jacket. You are also making some of the other patients...uncomfortable"

Of course, just as he finished, it seemed as though another fight had broken out between Cateline and another patient. He knew this whole roommate thing was going to be a bad idea. As it stood though, he couldn't handle both of the fights himself, so instead he focused on Jack, the immediate threat in front of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nice to meet you too!~" Alice giggled. "I'm-" She was cut off as the fighting started. ,

"You wanna have another, pumpkin!?"

She turned her head to look towards the commotion. Was someone fighting again? That wasn't good they should be nice to each other! Alice watched absentmindedly as Eli went to try to stop the fighting. Was she going to help them? That was good! Eli was a nice person then! She waned to help people too then!

"I'm not your fucking toy! And wipe off that shit-eating grin of yours before I break your fucking jaw!"

However, Alice could only take so much violence herself. As the fight began to escalate, her usual smile faded into a more neutral expression. This wasn't right, they should be fighting. They should be getting along. Just like her parents-

"Don't you dare walk away from me you bitch! After everything I've done, you're going to leave? What the fucking hell!?" A man in a suit was yelling at a woman dressed in a white tanktop. The woman looked tired, as though she had just got back from a good workout. "Oh don't you even start with me, you dumbass. this is your fucking fault, so wipe that surprised look off your face before I break it!" She yelled back at the man.

The memory hit Alice like a train hitting a minivan. Her body froze as she attempted to move away from the fighting, but she couldn't even blink and look away.
"S-stop." She squeaked out. "Must help them. Yes, helphelp them. Heheheha! Cut them, bleed them, Help them! Can't fight if bleeding! Nonononon they can't! Need shiny. Need sharp. Sharp shiny!" Thankfully, no sharp object was withing Alice's reach, and that one voice was replaced by another. "No no. No shiny. Can't help without sharp. Useless. You're useless! Can't do anything by yourself! Useless whore! That is what you are!" "I-I'm not useless. I-I need to help them. Yes...I need to help them!" She said, Her face was quickly taken over by an unnerving grin followed by a small giggle.

Alice quickly surveyed the area for something she could use to 'help' the pair of fighters. The playroom lacked any significantly sharp objects, but she could improvise. The man was using his fists, so why couldn't she use hers? Alice began to quietly approach Jack.

Zack rolled his eyes. Too many people intervening. He had a feeling things would only get more dull from here, especially if everyone was just shot full of sedation darts. Time to get back to business. While the doctors and orderlies were distracted, Zack slipped through the door, moving as casually as possible so as not to attract more attention than necessary. He then started down the hall, making a beeline for his room. He wanted to get back to its cold embrace so he could forget all this roommate business.

Mosaic looked up at Chris. He was stopping her fun and that didn't sit well with her. However, Mosaic knew when antagonizing would work and when it wouldn't. With a sigh and a pout Mosaic looked up at Elissa. "Will you be my toy since Mr. Grumpy is getting in trouble." Mismatched eyes looked up at the female almost hopefully as she tugged on the sleeve of the clothes issued out by the asylum.
--------------------------------------
Monica was thrown off of Cateline when Reinier forced her off. Her head smacked against the ground, vision swimming dangerously. Monica rolled over and pressed a hand to her skull. The throbbing was nearly unbearable but this fight, it had to stop. Reinier already had teeth marks marring the side of his face.
In Monica's back pocket lay a packaged needle full of a very strong sedative. While Cateline was pinned Monica pulled the needle out and sank it into her shoulder and pressed the plunger. The clear liquid sent successfully into the enraged girls arm and Monica's eyes moved to Reinier. "Reinier, you need to get up. Do you hear me? Up and let's go to the infirmary. We'll get you all healed up okay. Count from five for me." Monica's voice was slow and soothing as her eyes stayed locked with Reinier's.

Cateline felt pressure on her backside and around her midsection that made her cringe, it further fueled her angry outburst as she was tugged on, her nails tearing through the fabric of Reinier's shirt. Who the hell was on her now? The thought of turning and attacking the second being had crossed her mind, but she had yet to get revenge on the first. It took all her strength between the struggling two to successfully get her teeth into the male's face. It'd been nearly two weeks since she'd last bitten someone, her personal best at Wayward. She found herself missing the taste of metallic nectar that flowed within the veins of staff and patients alike.

The tip of her upper fangs had managed to puncture through the flesh of his face and into his gums on the other side before he jerked away. "DAMN YOU! THAT FUCKING HURT!" She wanted to laugh and she wanted more blood, she wanted the texture of flesh between her teeth again, but she had been overpowered. The back of her head cracked against the linoleum tiles, her glasses being strewn across the floor, but out of the corner of her eye she could make out the person who had tumbled off of her. Monica Lawrence. "Bitch!" She yelled, flailing beneath Reinier with her amber-caramel eyes on the female. "Don't get in my fucking way again!" Cateline was certain she could have done more damage if it weren't for that psychiatrist. Her limbs were growing numb under the male's weight, but she kicked and screamed louder. The feeling of having someone touch her could only be described as having her veins writhe under constricting flesh. "Get the hell off of me! Get off!"

Reinier's blood colored her mouth crimson and Caleb's blood had stained the soles of her feet a shade close to black. Her eyes caught sight of the needle just as it was forced into her arm, which only made her that much more desperate to get out from under the boy. Cateline barely managed to squeeze one leg out from between the floor and his weight, jerking her knee up with the rest of her strength into his groin before being injected. "I swear I'll fucking murder you." Her tone was even and her death glare was trained on Monica as she spit blood in her direction. She couldn't tell if it was her own or the victim's as the sedatives began taking hold of her, her gaze shifting towards Caleb; the only person who had listened when she told them to not touch her. "Told ya I'd bite." Cateline managed a weak smirk to tag along with her last conscious words.

There were Orderlies surrounding Elissa Kay LaCroix, Alice Dunn, John Bauley, and Mosaic who seemed to have calmed down a fraction, but they were also loosely circled around Reinier Kissik, Monica Lawrence, Caleb James Norwill, and Cateline L. Bloom. Ivan- the Orderly who had almost gotten on Zack Kori's bad side- slapped a medical bracelet with the patient's four digit code around his wrist just as he was walking out. "You can't leave without it." He stated, stepping back to allow him to continue on his way. There was no need to have more patients riled up, but Zack needed the bracelet for filing purposes. Or so they were told. None of the staff really wanted to be in the middle of lunatics fighting, and only Doctors or Nurses were allowed to give the Patients sedatives, so they were grateful for Mr. Blake's and Ms. Lawrence's intervenience.

Jack started at Chris with fiery eyes, but a voice inside him told him to calm down. He was ready to cave someone's face in, but he knew better than to have at the doctors unrestrained. "This...fucking...brat...won't leave me alone."he spoke through clenched teeth, his words dripping with barely contained rage. "She tries to make me her fucking toy, and she just fucking giggles and puts on that fucking grin when I break her nose. And you're telling me...I'm making the others...uncomfortable?"he continued, his body practically shaking. Although he had calmed down somewhat, it was obvious there was no guarantee that getting within arm's reach of him was safe.

Meanwhile, Jakobus smiled to himself. "This morning just turned to shit, didn't it?"he laughed silently to himself. He saw as Zack left, but did nothing to stop him, as he could take care of him later, and leaving the area would probably get him reprimanded, and he didn't need that. For now, he would resume his "normal person act". Elbowing his way through the crowd once more, he reached Monica, Reiner, and the sedated Cateline. "Monica Lawrence, psychiatrist; Reiner Kissik, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, sociopathy; Cateline Bloom, Schizophrenia."the thought rushed through his mind. "Doctor Lawrence, are you alright?"he asked, feigning legitimate concern in his voice, something he had gotten good at through a lifetime of practice. "I would have gotten here sooner, but seeing or hearing everything in such a mess..."he let the words hang in the air, his sentence unfinished.

• Love
Reactions: k-michelle412
Violence erupted around him like the falling of so many bombs, so many explosive rounds. It was an overwhelming sensation, but Arthur remained in control. His face was impassive, when Cataline glanced his way, blood streaming from her, blood streaming from him. They were both soaked in blood. But Arthur's blood was drying fast, and it had been old and dusty. The blood that the girl had spilled was fresh and gory - his blood was merely a memory of blood, the recollection of violences that had been enacted in a past that he could not and would not remember. He reached up to brush back his blonde curtain of hair, smearing his mouth and the tip of his pointed nose with a red-black smear. The colour was bright against his blue-white skin, so papery, so thin. As his hair moved, his face was visible. They could see him, they could see that behind that hair there was a man's face peering out, a man who had blown his friends to smithereens. Beneath that hair, there was a face. And that face was so thin, so pale, and such a ruin. The blood sharpened the nose, deepened the valleys of his sunken cheekbones. His skull was visible beneath his flesh, and had anybody touched him, they would have been able to feel each section of his skull, down to the ridges of the bones, down to the hard and hollow blood vessels that traced his skull. But nobody ever touched him.

Arthur Prince looked towards the doctors. They didn't see him. They never did. He was a ghost - and ignored in the favour of the violent and the new. Arthur had been violent, but he was old, and tamed. He looked down at his neck, to see the prominent adam's apple, something that stuck out from his skin. The bulimic would kill to look like him, the anorexic would have eaten him to absorb his power. But there was no power in starvation. There was chilled limbs, there was aching eyes, and there was three years without sight. Caleb Norwill had no illusions about his condition, but grandeur and dreams of royalty came easily to Arthur Prince who had grown up in a white colonial mansion on the east coast, so different from the ancient townhouse that had been in his family for as long as he couldn't remember - Caleb's family. He watched the needle Monica used - he watched it sink into Cataline's flesh. A small bead of blood had welled at the injection point, thick and red, gleaming. It was a jewel of human waste, a biohazard. But he supposed that the girl should have seen this coming. Because violence begets violence, and blood will have blood. Such a belief was not a Christian one. If any of these people had faith in Jesus Christ, they would know that the proper response to this unkind world, was to turn the other cheek.

That was how Caleb had survived for as long as he had in this place. That was why the doctors didn't see him. They hurt him, but he could not react, because he even though there was pain, what was he going to do? He would sit their and think to him. He would lose himself in his imagination. He would think about the sea, and he would think about the stars. He hadn't seen the sky in some time. Of course, there was the field where sometimes the patients would take their minimal exercise, but that wasn't a real sky. it was just grey and cold, without kindness or light in it. It was always the same, since their rare trips outside were always in the same season, at the same time. A changing sky would have marked the passing of time. He only knew he had been here three years from the smears that he had placed on the wall. Caleb felt panic surge in his chest. They were moving him. They were changing his cell. Those marks that he had made on the cell would belong to somebody else soon, and they would mark their stay here. But they would never be that unknown, anonymous patient's - not really. Because Caleb had made those marks in Arthur's blood, in order to kill the Other and mark the time. But he had not succeeded in both of these. Only in one regard.

Caleb smeared his white-blonde hair back over his eyes, back over his face. His hands were shaking, the bones were exposed. He reached out to touch Dr. Van Vuuren's arm. He left a stain, from his coloured fingertips, a stain of red-black dust from his ancient and empty veins. It was a gentle touch, but an insistent one. He tugged slightly on the fabric of his shirt sleeve. Would he turn and see him? Or could he not even feel the gesture. His voice was hollow and dry, aching and hurt. He sounded like a scared child for all the world.
"Doctor..." he mumbled out, and he lifted his head slightly, in order to maximize the possibility of them making eye-contact. His eyes, behind a swatch of white and blonde strands were wide and frightened, gleaming with fear. "You can't move me - my... my calendar is there." His voice cracked, and his voice gave way into a fit of coughing. He said more quietly, but in the same tone. "I won't know when I am."

"I apologize if I've offended, but you are. Displays of violence tend to agitate some of the more sensitive ones here." Christopher continued. Good, this was going good so far. The man seemed to have calmed down a bit. He'd have to take a look at Mosaic's nose later, it was probably broken, or at least hurt. "Perhaps you should head back to your room and cool off for a bit before you have to move to the new rooms."

Reiniers vision was slipping back and forth from clear to fuzzy, most likely from the blood loss. Even through his shifting realities he could see Catelines head jolting in all directions screaming profane things to the people-like blurs around them. "Bitch!" "...fucking way again!.." He could pick out a few words "...Get off!". Aside from the thick red liquid gushing from his cheek Reiniers face fell a few shades lighter. Surprisingly even more so than his normally colorless complexion. Reiniers temporary tourniquet, the shoulder of his white [wayward-issued] shirt, was soaked in a thick red gloppy ring. The blood that had spread in the direction of the shirts, rather short, sleeve and had begun racing down his forearm. But Reinier wasn't aware of this, he was too focused at the time, he didn't notice the imbalanced coloration of his clothing and arm comparing it to his other unaffected side.

Before his aching muscles gave in, Dr. Lawrence drove a needle through Catelines signature over-sized shirt, he watched Monicas thumb being pressed down which followed the needle that had pierced her shoulder. His adrenaline was receding, the human piranha seemed to have gotten one of its limbs free during his haze. He knew it was only a few more moments until her struggle would end and his to contain her. Somehow it was proven difficult to hold this feisty sack of skin and bones down. Her recently freed limb had darted its way between Reiniers legs, it only hurt half as much as the bite. None the less painful, Reiniers head and elbows flinched inwardly while his hands eased up on their grip around Catelines tiny wrists. Finally she began to calm, he could feel her intensity ceasing. "Told ya I'd bite" She managed to weakly assert before blacking out.

He stared at her lifeless face, bewitched by her golden eyes, enthralled by her petite jaw. Reinier had his hands and knees on the cold shiny floor over her limp body. He shook out of it as Monica's scrabbled voice finally came into focus " Reinier..." he missed a few words "...get up" the blurring was getting more extreme but he could finally hear properly "Do you hear me?" he nodded a while after she said this, he felt himself lagging behind her obviously more alert reactions. She reached out what he guessed was an arm " Up and let's go to the infirmary. We'll get you all healed up okay." he stood with his knees bent, he felt as if he would fall at any time and doubted Monica could keep him up long enough to reach the infirmary " Count from five for me." "Five..." he attempted, but he felt it would only drain him of energy and was useless, He only saw it as a way of helping him control his OCD.

Wait. My OCD. Symmetry. Reiniers eyes widened and pupils shrank " WHAT THE HELL DID SHE DO TO ME! ".

Jakobus didn't even notice the tugging on his sleeve or the words from the one tugging at first, Caleb's hoarse voice drowned out by Reiner's screaming, swept away into oblivion, its place taken by hysteria. But right after that, the doctor noticed him, looking down on him, into his strange eyes. Who was this? Jakobus did not know. He must have read his file once upon a time, he did so with everyone. But given the apparent nature of this pathetic, broken creature before him, he was not surprised he did not remember him. He could not be very interesting, otherwise he would have. Considering this patient's appearance, the fact that he was even still alive must be a medicinal miracle. But he did not care for medicine. Still, he was not allowed to simply ignore him. Rolling his eyes with a sigh, he muttered "What do you want?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jack continued to stare at Chris, his teeth now grinding at the ultimatum presented to him. Swallow his pride and leave, or have it shoved down his throat along with a syringe of sedatives in his arteries. "If I see that little shit again..."he snarled at the doctor, pointing his finger at Mosaic while keeping his eyes on him. "And you don't make sure she stays the fuck out of my way, I will knock her fucking lights out."he said, before he turned away from both Chris, Mosaic, and Elissa, to head towards his room. He looked behind him one last time, giving a last glare at Mosaic, then at the black-haired girl whom had interfered. He noticed that jabbering redhead approaching from behind her, but he gave it little though. With that, he walked towards the crowd, shoving aside anyone who didn't move on their own accord, and headed towards his room. That fucking doctor. He would kick the shit out him one day.

As soon as Zack felt the oppressive snap of the bracelet closing around his wrist like a noose, he froze. Didn't he already make his stance clear? People who didn't listen disgusted him, almost as much as people who didn't think before they acted. Zack spun around and delivered a powerful right hook directly to the side of Ivan's nose. He wondered if anyone was watching him. Perhaps if they saw the way he reacted, they would all know not to defy him. He thought he had already delivered that message to the staff. Perhaps this orderly was new. Ah well. Ivan would learn, and learn quickly, or else suffer even more for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.