Wayfinder Academy: Forward to Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ah, good." The gentleman chuckled, "I was afraid of getting voices in my head. The devoted should really only get messages from otherworldly entities in times of great need... or when they ask." He grins, though he was fairly sure no one would get the joke. "Oh. Right. The little cat-guy wanted me to bring this over, and not to open it until I got here..."

The armored youth turns, and the quiet sound of wheels could be heard as he carts a tray with a metal cover over the top. He reaches forward, pulling off the lid... to reveal piles of freshly-cooked food. The smell of a roasted turkey immediately wafts throughout the room - along with the smell of pepper and lemon. Bottles of what first appears to be wine (but turns out to be sparkling apple cider) sit within buckets of ice. Sauteed vegetables rest in various bowls - broccoli and cauliflower, brussel sprouts, baby squash, lima beans, corn, and multicolored peppers to whet the appetite of those nearby. Freshly-baked white bread sits in twists along the outside of the entire affair.

The young man's jaw drops. "Oh, wow. If we're going to be eatin' like this every night, I'm looking forward to being an actual Pathfinder." An idle hand reaches up to grasp his holy symbol, rubbing it with a thumb. He stands, dumbstruck, for a while longer... before he raises a hand to strike himself in the forehead with his palm. "Shoot, where are my manners? I'm still getting used to everythin', I guess - Reynald Canidae. I'm from Varisia, but I'm sure you could tell from the accent." He reaches his own hand forward to shake the outstretched hand, smiling happily. "Iffin' it all goes well, I'm going to be patching you lot up if you get hurt. I'm following Kyra's path to clerichood. Sarenrae's my patron."

Mirra looked in awe at the food only foot falls away from her. She hadn't ever been in the presence of such a meal. She found her eyes fixated, her mouth watering. But she managed to pull her gaze away. Knowing that looking for too long may cause her to do something less refined. She was quite hungry though. She turned her eyes back to the man who accepted her handshake. "N-no. It's alright. I'm Mirra Virinthal." She responded in kind, smiling to the man as she continued. "It's good to have someone like you with us then." She gave a slight nod as she placed the index finger against her chin and her other hand lifted to reveal her light brown eyes which glanced over the man. "If I may hazard a guess... You're a paladin?" As she studied him she appeared to take particular interest in his robes. Perhaps for nothing more than the bright colors. Though occasionally her gaze would waver in the direction of the food.

Celir glanced over at the newcomer and the food her brought, with a growl from her stomach. However she turned and let her hand again brush the orb. She flashes a small smile at Cinna before she was again hurled into her own mind.

A flashback of several instances that usually resulted in her coming home looking as if she'd been drug along the forest floor and reassuring her step mother that yes she was fine. She'd always been good at toughing things out. She had to, she had grown up with boys. As those flashbacks ended, other, vastly similar ones popped up of her balancing along logs, walking along slippery rocks at the rivers edge, and then jumping over the river and just barely making it to the other side. Celir couldn't help but smirk as one memorable event flashed through her mind. She had decided to try and jump from one roof to the next in the village and had instead fallen through the next roof. The flashbacks showing her feats came to an end and the ones for her traits began.

Endurance
Skill Focus [from Adaptability] focus-> acrobatics.

This time, all of the times she'd ever been picked on by her brothers (and Zaigou for that matter), or bullied by some of the other villagers flashed through her minds eyes. Immediately afterwards, visions showing her of how that had made her senses others motive quicker flashed through. After that passed a feeling of ease reassured her that her mind was just as sound as it had always been. She may get nervous, and she may be shy, but her mind was in and of itself, sound.

Traits: Sound of Mind and Reactionary

Celir stepped away from the orb before she blinked a couple of times. Stepping back out of the way again, she reached up and rubbed at her eyes some. Again, her eyes went to the food. She'd never seen quite this much outside of a village wide feast, and even then, it was never quite this good looking. Her eyes glanced back up to the newcomer in time to catch his name. She walked over to the new herself, wizard and Reynald. "I hope you're a quick learner." She flashed a friendly smile at him. "I'm fairly certain we're all going to rely on you alot." She hesitated before she picked a role up from the feast layed out. "Is it alright to eat now? or do you know?"

Mirella was the next one to touch the globe, it appeared she wasn't pleased with what she saw as she drew away from it. At first he thought nothing of it, even people with ideal living conditions didn't have perfect lives. He could tell she was from a privileged lifestyle by the way she talked and the way she moved, possibly used to getting her way. He thought nothing of it until she started talking to him.

She was trying to direct his attention away from her history, this is something he could relate to. "Yes, I was a disciple of Sajan. You are Mirella the Sorcerer." His yellow eyes studied her. "Do not dwell, but draw wisdom from your past. It is how we become stronger." He bowed his head slightly to her and turned about when heard the slight clatter of the tray on the cart, he made his way toward it to investigate. At the monastery he learned to sustain himself on little. He didn't feel he would need so much, but he appreciated the volume of foods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reynard chuckles, embarrassed: "Ah shoot, no. Paladins are chosen by their deities. Clerics are sort of the other way around. We pick'm and they reward our devotion to them with spells." He raises a hand to rub the back of his head, his colorful robes shuffling a bit as he does so. "It's a pleasure to meet you, by the way..." He turns to look at the ranger. He thinks for a while, before nodding. "I reckon we can eat now, yeah."

He turns, looking at it. "S'not really a matter of learnin' fast. See, I was an herbalist back on the farm. Made sure everyone could get patched back up again when they got kicked by a horse, or cut by something rusty, fell down the well or stuck in the barn with the pigs while the whole thing's on fire." After a pause and a eaten roll, he realizes how that last one sounded, "Oh, we had a bit of a goblin problem. The Licktoad goblin tribe's a real menace up there."

"Bein' a cleric is a little different, though. Now instead of mixing herbs and making folks feel better, it's channeling Sarenrae's powers... and let me tell you, it is a rush to be the conduit of life energy and good feelings. Also 'cause Sarenrae's a goddess of the sun, I get to use some fire powers, too. S'a real shocker the first time, but I think I'll be able to get the hang of it in a few days... 'bout you two? What're you gonna be doing as a Pathfinder?"

Celir half listened to Reynard as she kept nibbling on the food laid out. She did however, catch the gist of what he was saying and she caught his question. The half elf glanced over at him as she mulled over his words.
"Right now, learning how to be one." She flashed a smile at the new cleric. "Afterwards, I'm sure something will come up that will require the services of my newly rangered self. Right?" She half asked as a speck of doubt fluttered through her. What if she was doing this and she turned out useless? The half elf shook her head and tried to keep herself positive. A ranger was not a useless field to be under. She picked up a slice of fruit and nibbled at it. "What do you think is next?"

Mirra moved toward the food, taking a simple loaf of bread and breaking it in two. The rest of the food looked delicious, but would likely be richer than she was use to. She figured she should get herself use to eating more regular meals first, then move on to getting use to richer foods. She admired the bread for a few moments as she walked back to her place beside Reynard. "My grandfather use to say Cleric's were a selfless lot and generally good people." Her head tilted upward a little bit though the hat still obscured most of her face, both of her hands were holding the bread as if it were some precious object. "As for your question, I'm to be a wizard." She said plainly before looking down again and taking a bite of her bread.

Towering over most of the people around the cart Aurok easily reached and picked up a piece of bread along with a small handful of vegetables. He was listening to the interactions between his new party mates even if it did not appear he was doing so. Taking the food he had acquired he found a little seat in the garden and sat, inserting food pasts his tusks and grinding them steadily in contented silence.

Celir glanced around until her eyes settled on Zaigou being all quiet and non interactive. She was the shy one, not him. Her eyes narrowed and a look of absolute mischief crossed over her features before she grabbed something wet and stick from the cart. She turned back to her present company, inclined her head an murmured an excuse before she crossed over to the other half-elf. She slid the food behind her back as she walked up to him.

"Hey, there's food over there if you're hungry." She pointed out to him, letting her head tilt to the side some. Idly, she wondered what she was about to throw in his face, she hadn't paid all that much attention to what she'd been grabbing as long as it was wet and sticky. She let her fingers probe the unknown substance behind her back. It almost felt a bit like a piece of cake. The half-elf tilted her head, before with one last smile, she pulled it out and smashed the cake over the man's mouth. "Or you could eat this instead!" She chirped at him before darting out of his reach before he could retaliate with a bout of laughter. She was more than certain he'd get her back. She never got away with anything around him. But still... so worth it She cackled in her mind as she looked back at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.