DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
warp3.png

THE CHALLENGE?

Construct a compelling, worldbuilding-rich roleplay premise.

THE PRIZE?

Win your own subforum for your roleplay.

WARP_2021-2022.jpg

The WaRP: Worldbuilding and Role Playing GM Challenge is both a competition and an exciting opportunity for the Iwaku player base, which we hope will encourage GMs to step up and create brilliant content for the site. There will be up to six winners selected by a panel of judges (myself, @Diana, @Kitti, and special SURPRISE guest judges--to be announced in December!) at the end of the judging period.

This contest was held twice before, at the end of 2016 and again in 2017. We're bringing it back now by popular demand!

The number of winning spots for this contest depends on the number of winning RPs from the previous contests still active, but the goal is to always add at least two open slots. We currently have no active Roleplay Realms, meaning we're opening six slots for this contest. That's right, up to six people could win their own Realm subforum!

We are looking for a premise/roleplay that provides:
  • An expansive network of locations for players to interact with and explore.
  • A wide range of possibilities for character creation, whether through race, cultural background, creed, or class system.
  • A plot premise with staying power which cannot be wrapped up within a short time frame, a sandbox-style world where players can drive their own plots, and/or opportunities for multiple long-term plot arcs.
  • Compelling world lore and evidence of real thought and care in creation of the setting.
  • A special hype factor that makes us want to join.
Each RP subforum will automatically come with two built-in child forums, one for OOC and one for thread archival. The purpose of these two child forums may be changed at the GM's discretion, but no more may be added. (You can turn these down if you wish, as well.)

For more information on the rules and how to submit your entries, please view the threads in the special WaRP forum!

HELLO. I AM A STRICT JUDGE.

I will give you 1 hint: If you put too much time into your fancy bbcoding and not enough time into your plot and worldbuilding, I will POOHPOOH at your entries! Bring 👏 me 👏 that 👏 content.

HELLO. I AM A STRICT JUDGE.

I will give you 1 hint: If you put too much time into your fancy bbcoding and not enough time into your plot and worldbuilding, I will POOHPOOH at your entries! Bring 👏 me 👏 that 👏 content.

Sounds like a CHALLENGE. I'm here for it. I was born being judged...LET'S DO THIS

Good luck to everyone joining! It is definitely a rewarding experience, if not also a very time-consuming one! I still haven't recovered. :'}

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Love
Reactions: Kuno and Astaroth
Idk what's going on but making lore caught my eye, so imma do that

Attachments

• weed-towelie.gif
    weed-towelie.gif
    83.6 KB · Views: 4
REMINDER! You have a week and a half to post your submissions to this year's warp! DON'T FORGET! GET THEM UP!

Reactions: Ardent and Kuno
DUE TO REQUEST AND SOME UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES WARP DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO THE END OF DECEMBER!

You have until the end of Dec 31st to post your entries!

JUDGES ARE NOW JUDGING. Just so you know we didn't forget. 8D

Voting on this event is almost done. 8D we are now hashing out final results! so o on

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
And we have our winners! Much love to our special guest judges @neptune , @PavellumPendulum , and @fatalrendezvous

The winners are:

• Pearls of Persia by Kuno
  • N E O T E R R A by Ardent

Congratulations to @Kuno and @Ardent on your new Realms! Your forums will be getting set up shortly.

To everyone else who entered, feel free to DM me and/or Diana if you have questions about why your entry did not win, and remember we'll be running this again next year. :] It was a lot of fun reading over your pitches!

Big congrats to our winners! Amazing content this year <3 I had a lot of fun reading everything and peeking into each world!

Congratulations on the winners! :D Good luck with the realms as well, don't do as I did.

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Haha
Reactions: unanun and Kuno
Congratulations to you both! 😊 Love what I read from you two.

Congrats you guys! I am super excited to play in these worlds! :D

Congrats! You guys both made awesome things, and I'm glad you won. :)

Oh, heck, this was a nice thing to wake up to. Thanks a bunch!!

Thank you guys so much! There were some great contenders this round, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see I've won.

@Ardent hey who'd you pay off to win? :^) juuuuust kidding

wait, i could get paid for this? D:<

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: fatalrendezvous