DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
warp3.png

THE CHALLENGE?

Construct a compelling, worldbuilding-rich roleplay premise.

THE PRIZE?

Win your own subforum for your roleplay.

WARP_2022-2023.png

The WaRP: Worldbuilding and Role Playing GM Challenge is both a competition and an exciting opportunity for the Iwaku player base, which we hope will encourage GMs to step up and create brilliant content for the site. There will be up to four winners selected by a panel of judges (myself, @Diana, and guest judges @PavellumPendulum, @Nemopedia, and @Miyu) at the end of the judging period.

This contest has been held three times in the past: at the end of 2016, again in 2017, and then again in 2021. It's time for year four!

The number of winning spots for this contest depends on the number of winning RPs from the previous contests still active, but the goal is to always add at least two open slots. We currently have two active Roleplay Realms, meaning we're opening four slots for this contest. This means up to four people could win their own Realm subforum!

We are looking for a premise/roleplay that provides:
  • An expansive network of locations for players to interact with and explore.
  • A wide range of possibilities for character creation, whether through race, cultural background, creed, or class system.
  • A plot premise with staying power which cannot be wrapped up within a short time frame, a sandbox-style world where players can drive their own plots, and/or opportunities for multiple long-term plot arcs.
  • Compelling world lore and evidence of real thought and care in creation of the setting.
  • A special hype factor that makes us want to join.
Each RP subforum will automatically come with two built-in child forums, one for OOC and one for thread archival. The purpose of these two child forums may be changed at the GM's discretion, but no more may be added. (You can turn these down if you wish, as well.)

For more information on the rules and how to submit your entries, please view the threads in the special WaRP forum!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very excited for this season! :D I look forward to seeing a bunch of entries this year!

• Love
Reactions: iridescent
YES!!! It's on!!

I don't see a rule about not having TWO realms >:D

I don't see a rule about not having TWO realms >:D
Interestingly, there is not 8D If you're crazy enough to run more than one, go for it.

Reactions: MiharuAya and Kuno
FUKKIN DARE YOU TO TRY

A reminder to all that the deadline to submit is december 17
So you have a little over a week left to submit and complete your submission!​

FIVE (5) MORE DAYS TO SUBMIT FOR WARP
tell diana to give me back the notices

TOMORROW (SATURDAY, DECEMBER 17) IS THE LAST DAY TO SUBMIT FOR WARP!
Better finish up your submission, chop chop!​

Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
IT'S CLOOOSING UPPP. *CACKLES MADLY

Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
AND IT IS A WRAP!
Thank you for your submission and see you next year with the result!​

A lil status update! <3 Judges are officially in discussions! We just had a delay due to Holidays, work hours, and DUMB SHARKS.

What did the Sharks do to be called Dumb? :(

We have our winners!

@MaryGold with "The Circle" is our staff choice!

@rissa is staff now but is being counted as non-staff for the purposes of the contest given the timeline of being hired, so "Fallout: Requiem" is getting a realm as well!

Normally that'd be our one fandom slot. HOWEVER, we took into account that @Wade Von Doom has been working hard on "The Evrensel Conflict" and trying to get a realm for years now, and we decided to make an exception and make this our third winner! However, this means we won't be looking at multiverse or fandom entries in the future unless these realms both close.

Congrats to the winners and thank you to all our participants! You'll be contacted shortly to get your realms set up. :D

We have our winners!

@MaryGold with "The Circle" is our staff choice!

@rissa is staff now but is being counted as non-staff for the purposes of the contest given the timeline of being hired, so "Fallout: Requiem" is getting a realm as well!

Normally that'd be our one fandom slot. HOWEVER, we took into account that @Wade Von Doom has been working hard on "The Evrensel Conflict" and trying to get a realm for years now, and we decided to make an exception and make this our third winner! However, this means we won't be looking at multiverse or fandom entries in the future unless these realms both close.

Congrats to the winners and thank you to all our participants! You'll be contacted shortly to get your realms set up. :D
HAHAHAHA, I WON!

I-I mean.... Thank you, I greatly appreciate the consideration and willingness to give me the slot.

Actually the rules say one fandom per category, existing and new, and rissa's is new, while evrensel is existing! It all works out perfectly!

Actually the rules say one fandom per category, existing and new, and rissa's is new, while evrensel is existing! It all works out perfectly!
THIS IS CORRECT. I'M JUST SICK. >:[