DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
warp3.png

THE CHALLENGE?

Construct a compelling, worldbuilding-rich roleplay premise.

THE PRIZE?

Win your own subforum for your roleplay.

warp2017.png

The WaRP: Worldbuilding and Role Playing GM Challenge is both a competition and an exciting opportunity for the Iwaku player base, which we hope will encourage GMs to step up and create brilliant content for the site. There will be up to four winners selected by a panel of judges (myself, @Diana, @Kitti, @Jorick, and @Pahn) at the end of the judging period.

This contest was held once before, at the end of 2016, so this is its second year! Things went well enough with the previous contest and entries that the contest is being opened for a second time. Hopefully it will continue so that this becomes a recurring possibility and run again at the end of 2018!

The number of winning spots for this contest depend on the number of winning RPs from the previous contest still active, but the goal is to always add at least two open slots. That means that more than two may be opened if previous winners have become inactive.

We are looking for a premise/roleplay that provides:
  • An expansive network of locations for players to interact with and explore.
  • A wide range of possibilities for character creation, whether through race, cultural background, creed, or class system.
  • A plot premise with staying power which cannot be wrapped up within a short time frame, a sandbox-style world where players can drive their own plots, and/or opportunities for multiple long-term plot arcs.
  • Compelling world lore and evidence of real thought and care in creation of the setting.
  • A special hype factor that makes us want to join.
Each RP subforum will automatically come with two built-in child forums, one for OOC and one for thread archival. The purpose of these two child forums may be changed at the GM's discretion, but no more may be added. (You can turn these down if you wish, as well.)

For more information on the rules and how to submit your entries, please view the threads in the special WaRP forum!

[btn]PROCEED TO WaRP[/btn]​

Mini-update: Permissions to view the WaRP forum were borked for a minute. This is fixed now. XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Pahn
I think I posted in the wrong area haha! That's what happens when you haven't had coffee yet. XD

Reactions: Astaroth
YAY! This is my favorite contest ever!

I want you all to know that I judge my roleplays the same way I judge my coffee. Ò,Ó If it's flavorless and sucks, I will slap it off the table, hock a pellet on it, and glare at you for your complete inability to please the great owl. Ò◇Ó

...I mean-- Good luck, minions! :D

Only a bit under 3 weeks left before submissions close!! :D

TEN DAYS YOU GUYS

lol fuck

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Astaroth
Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Pahn and Astaroth
FIVE MORE DAYSSSSS GET WRITING

A bit under 34 hours left guys before the submission period ends :D HOPE Y'ALL ARE ALMOST DONE

Entries for WaRP are now CLOSED. Thanks to all our participants! Winners will be announced when we ring in the new year, so see you then!

• Love
Reactions: rissa and Nemopedia
Reactions: Pahn
WE HAVE THIS YEAR'S WINNERS.

This was a REALLY tough year as far as the competition goes, and in the end we picked our two favorites. Congratulations to all the winners and thank you to everyone who entered! Even though you didn't win, we do encourage you to run them all the same. Just because they didn't meet the criteria for WaRP does not mean that they are a bad RP.

On that note, if you'd like to know WHY your RP didn't win a spot, feel free to send me a PM. I'll share a few brief notes from all the judges as to why your RP didn't meet the bar. (Please note: These are going to be JUST the negatives, so be prepared for it to be rough.)

Thanks for another great year! Forums will be added shortly.