2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Hello everyone! My name is Mythy and it is a pleasure to meet you.

I find myself wanting to do an Iron Kingdom RP despite being utterly new to the lore. I am learning from books and videos, so patience would be appreciated. :)

My first thoughts are the players will be from Cygnar, however most of the plot is up to change. Indeed, in addition to the poll on the page, there are a few other polls:

Should we use some sort of dice system? (A-la the Iron Kingdoms RPG)
Player's Origins (Cygnar, Khador, Protectorate, Mercenary, Mixed)
Start to the Adventure (War, Setting off on a first mission, Patrol, ETC)

And any other thoughts or questions you have - feel free to ask me!

@Wolfsbane706

Welcome! I am curious how versed you are in the Lore, as I am always willing to learn and have much to actually learn. :D

Hey, Mythy.

I have a ton of questions - namely "what is" for every aspect of this game - but because it's you I'm going to repress my normal desire to just turn away and give it a chance.

@Wolfsbane706

What kind of thoughts do you have for the questions I put forward? Also what kind of plot might you like?

And feel free to invite someone you think Might wanna join :)

@Wolfsbane706

What kind of thoughts do you have for the questions I put forward? Also what kind of plot might you like?

And feel free to invite someone you think Might wanna join :)
I like the idea of everyone being Warcasters. As for plot, maybe a political one. The various characters come together as a council to try and broker alliances. This way, not everyone has to be from the same faction.

I like the idea of everyone being Warcasters. As for plot, maybe a political one. The various characters come together as a council to try and broker alliances. This way, not everyone has to be from the same faction.
The only thing about everyone being a warcaster is the question of: Does everyone start with a Warjack?

As for a Political Plot.. perhaps. Though I am also hoping for cool adventures and fights. So perhaps younger members of a council that are trying to gather allies against the Cryx and other threats - like we're some of the diplomat/fighters, rather than council leaders?

The only thing about everyone being a warcaster is the question of: Does everyone start with a Warjack?

As for a Political Plot.. perhaps. Though I am also hoping for cool adventures and fights. So perhaps younger members of a council that are trying to gather allies against the Cryx and other threats - like we're some of the diplomat/fighters, rather than council leaders?
Could be newly "awakened" Warcasters, though if everyone got their own Warjack, I'd like to keep them limited to mediums at the most. I need to do research on how Warcasters get their titles and jacks.

Could be newly "awakened" Warcasters, though if everyone got their own Warjack, I'd like to keep them limited to mediums at the most. I need to do research on how Warcasters get their titles and jacks.
Hm.. well reading the Cygnar section of Warmachine Core Rules and the Journeyman Warcaster...

The tales of warcaster accomplishments have brought many hopefuls to the Strategic
Academy to see if they have the spark. It is difficult to predict who will manifest the
ability to meld the mind with a warjack cortex. Those who prove promising begin
training with veterans of the warcaster discipline in the hopes of unlocking their
potential. Finding new warcasters is one of the kingdom's highest priorities.

Becoming a warcaster requires the reinvention of a soldier. Many fresh warcasters
have already served for years before realizing their ability to sense cortexes and
must work hard to master these new skills. Beginning as apprentices, they control
labor-exclusive steamjacks. Soon they move to disarmed warjacks and eventually
earn the right to command a warjack—albeit typically an old or battered one—
when reaching journeyman rank.

As part of a tradition as old as the Strategic Academy, each journeyman spends
a tour of duty under the tutelage of a veteran warcaster before graduating to the
title of magus. In a time of war, this means journeymen must learn vital lessons
while evading death, and some will not survive the tour. New warcasters are juicy
targets of opportunity, and enemies seek to kill them before they can mature into
greater threats. As they develop they become great assets, fighting alongside their
mentors and learning to become leaders of men and machines. Some mentors
wince at allowing a rookie to command a six-ton powerhouse with lives on the
line, but most know it is a crucial step in their development. Only the heat of battle
burns hot enough to forge even the strongest talents into accomplished warcasters.

(It copied a bit oddly)

I'm sure it's somehow different in Khador and such, but we could figure out how the Council works.

Personally I think it would be cool for the Steamjacks to be allowed their own personality. Have a more advanced core.

I'm going to need explanations for so much of this.

What are Warcasters? What are Warjacks? Since I don't know anything about the politics of this game world, how much of a disadvantage am I in?

Warjacks are Steamjacks built for war. Steamjacks are the mechanikal/magical machines that are a big part of the universe.

Warcasters are Jack Marshalls that fight. Jack Marshalls are able to touch a 'Jack's Cortex with their mind and basically control it/give it orders

I think the Politics may be slightly easy, since the maim factions are generally all at war with one another. Though being more versed in history could help with exposition and being fluffy in speaking and such, in theory.

So...the Warjacks can't think for themselves. Bummer.

I know it's called War Machine, but is literally EVERY faction at war? That seems a bit...much.

Last edited:
So...the Warjacks can't think for themselves. Bummer.
The more advanced Cortecies that go into Warjacks allow for more independence. The most advanced Cortecies make the Warjack loyal and protective of their controller, as well as allow them to develop personality, generally taking some traits from their controller.

Also, according to one friend, the different factions have different general personality. For example, Cygnar ones are more innocent and child-like perhaps where Khador ones are more like grizzled veterans.

That's pretty cool. An independent Warjack newly minted onto the battlefield sounds like it could be fun.

How completely can Warcasters control Warjacks? Can they possess them, seeing things from their eyes?

They can't be independent. They need to be controlled by a Warcaster. And if their controller is incapacitated, they overload and go dormant.

No, they can't. (as far as I can tell) they give orders and such, and the 'jacks follow. Kind of like a loyal, well trained dog. Maybe.

But you just said they had some independence and could even develop personalities.

Maybe Independence was the wrong word. But with the better Cortecies Warjacks get, they can have intelligence, problem solve, and yes gain personality. However they still follow a Warcaster.

I sure hope I'm not making any huge mistakes here ><

I forgot to say, but they can also learn and form an imprint

Status
Not open for further replies.