Warmachine/Hordes/Iron Kingdoms RP (Plot TBD)

Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

Hopeless Romantic
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
wm1.jpg

Hello everyone! I have been getting the urge to do an RP in the setting of Warmachine/Hordes. Plot is at the moment up for suggestions - thoughts would be a Cygnaran strike team, or a team of soldiers/warcasters of different groups against the Cryxian menace. If you have any interest or questions, let me know!​

So it has come to my attention that I should have explained the setting for those who may be interested, but don't know the setting itself. And that is true, so here I go in my attempt to do so.

Iron Kingdoms takes place in Western Immoren. The games themselves are broken into the wild races and the three kingdoms of man (and one undead.. and a faction of elves basically): Cygnar, Khador, the Protectorate of Menoth, Cryx, and the Retribution of Scyrah. Cygnar is the most technologically advanced with an emphasis on lightning, Khador is basically russia-ish with an emphasis on ice, Menoth is a religious kingdom that has an emphasis on fire, Cryx is undead and won't be playable, and Retribution hates humans because they blame magic for the death of their gods.

Two of the big draws of Warmachine are the Warcasters and Warjacks. Warcasters are powerful battlemages that can bond with and control Warjacks mentally, where generally it is necessary to give them command by voice and gesture (called being a 'jack marshal). Warjacks are the advanced kind of steamjack. All steamjacks have a cortex which is something like a brain, but Warjacks are more advanced, outfitted with weapons and armor that is necessary for battle. I liken Warjacks to somewhat like dogs given the fact that they are often loyal and protective, etc etc.

Of course there's a lot more to the setting that that, but there's a lot to go over and I don't know what all to put in here. I hope this explains a little more, and I hope it helps with interest!​

So which of these factions would we be playing? I mean, if it's a war-based game that we're RPing, I'd imagine we'd have to all be the same faction otherwise we wouldn't get along.

@Quiet One
I mean, that's the question isn't it? I'd say we either play a wargroup of Cygnar, with me possibly being the warcaster, or make some non-canon about Cryx and Everblight (A hordes faction) getting more powerful and thus the three kingdoms needing to work together in uneasy alliance.

I'm only playing trollblood if I can't I'm leaving smh

Also, this is cool to see here.