Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Warlock

3ae4547ad08c94f22a71d3bad0eb172f.png

Hello there everyone!

As you can probably guess, I am Warlock. I am not a warlock, but I think it would be cool to be one and I know for sure that I'd much prefer to be a warlock over a witch. No one can ever quite seem to decide what exactly a witch is, but warlocks are for sure mysterious beings and I think that makes it an awesome name to adopt! That is a story for a different time, though. I'm not here to discuss the situations of witches and warlocks. I'm here to find roleplay partners so let's get straight to that!

bff88a75ef36d205d2debb640551876f.png

• Building worlds with my partners. I go so far as to find maps and label them and give the world a history as well.
  • Writing and replying to novella length posts. My longest roleplay post was three pages in google docs and I absolutely love being able to fill pages without any fear of overwhelming my partner and without fear of getting something small in return.
  • Fantasy based stories with magic incorporated into them
  • Fandom roleplays with original characters
  • Writing combat scenes
  • Incorporating slow burn romance into the roleplay story

7242dc320eb6087b7a01a4cceb699c45.png

• Making character sheets
  • Real Life face claims that are not famous actors/actresses
  • Getting replies at least once every two weeks.
  • Sci-fi, slice of life, futuristic, historic, supernatural or mystery stories

3bdbd4f3cd400da04a06094a6edf520b.png

• My partner should be a patient person. I am only willing and capable of guaranteeing one reply a month. Most of the time, I can reply more often, but my life's a bit crazy since I am a full time student and I work almost full time as well.
  • My partners should be able to contribute to the plot. I like it when things in their post surprise me. I don't want everything that you post to be what I'm expecting all the time.
  • My partners should be comfortable roleplaying in threads. I do not roleplay in PM.
  • If we're doing a historic or a realistic story, my partner should be willing to do some research so that we can accurately portray the setting.
  • My partner MUST be able to write three paragraphs per post! I will not respond to anything less and I strongly prefer that you're able to write more.
  • My partner should be flexible. I don't want it predetermined that one of our characters is "dominant" and the other is "submissive." If there is going to be any of those dynamics in the story, I would like to let them play out in the actual story itself.

9910859105d7dcf47316e3dfbf40a7f2.png

• I won't play a fandom canon character and neither will I participate in a roleplay where my partner is playing a canon character. At most, I will work with mentions of canon characters, but not appearances.
  • I will not ever write less than three paragraphs and I will not ever reply to any post less than three paragraphs in length.
  • I don't write "love at first sight" stories
  • I don't write in roleplays that lack an overarching/defining conflict.
  • I won't roleplay in a fandom world I'm unfamiliar with.

If those lists haven't scared you away, and I'm afraid that they might have which depresses me, and you happen to be interested in roleplaying with me, please PM me and either a.) let me know which of my plots you would like to write, or b.) propose an idea that gives us a starting point to work with. I like taking someone's vision - either mine or yours - and breathing it to life. Give me a vision to breathe life into! That would make me so excited!

Now, onto plots!

• Genre: Supernatural

Pairing: Werewolf x Werewolf

There's a werewolf pack that lives in a forest just outside of town and the forest is their cover, their home, their peace and serenity away from the realms that would seek to discover and destroy them. They're able to go into town as humans and to be in the forest as wolves; they have the best of both worlds. They thought they always would. Then the fire came. It wasn't just any fire, either. It was a terrifying fire that left nothing alive. While the wolves themselves escaped, the whole forest that granted them their way of life was gone for good. They're lost with no direction.

And then a stranger shows up. He's no ordinary stranger; he knows what they are and he offers them one thing. He can take the wolf away leaving them human so they can at least continue half the life they had - the life in the town, the life with the humans.

When the pack leader decides to actually consider the offer, the pack is split in two - right down the middle. Some believe giving up the wolf is worse than death while others would rather lose half their life than restart all of it. Amidst the chaos exist Muse A and Muse B. Both young by pack standards, and close to each other too. They're not yet a mated pair although that's obviously part of the story.

Two wolves decide to do the unthinkable in the background of this. To reveal themselves to the humans and see if they can get both pieces of their lives back. The humans take them, they find themselves prisoners, and what will the pack do?

And beyond that, is anyone going to ask how this stranger just happened to know exactly what time to show up?
  • Genre: Futuristic Sci-Fi

Pairing: Murder Suspect x varies

Muse A lives in a world where it has become legal to sell your body parts to science for research in genetic advancements. In exchange for their body parts, Muse A has received prosthetics in addition to payment for their "donation." In this situation, they are able to continue living whatever sort of life they lived prior to the donation or even advance themselves further in society because of it. They were able to do the latter. With the money they received, Muse A was able to settle themselves into a far better life.

It lasts for a while, and then it ends, though.

It seems that their donated body parts were used in the committing of a murder and there is no documentation of them actually having donated ever. Soon Muse A finds themselves on the run with no knowledge of what they supposedly did and there's so many people who could be behind it.
  • Genre: Fantasy Adventure

Pairing: Special Warrior x varies

Society is recovering from a war that nearly destroyed everything they ever knew. Within this war, a new type of soldier was born and they were what allowed society to survive. Their unique abilities made them instant weapons of mass destruction and very little could stop them. Their powers granted them instant trust during the war.

Wartime is over, now, though. Everyone fears them now and no one wants them around anymore. Those with abilities have been forced into hiding lest they be ousted out by society as a whole. Muse A is someone with such abilities and because they were born after the war ended, they never learned control. Their lack of it led them to get caught and banished many times over from many places that they desired to call home.

Lost and without a purpose, they stumble upon Muse B. Where this story goes from there is a mystery, though.
  • Genre: Supernatural

Pairing: Werewolf x Werewolf

Muse A is a newly turned werewolf and they were turned in a rather brutal manner. It has led them to hate everything about werewolves even as the pack that took them in is trying to teach them control.

Muse B was recently kicked out of their pack and is seeking a new home. Their former pack was excessively brutal and, in fact, it was a wolf from Muse B's former pack that turned Muse A. While looking for a new pack, Muse B stumbles upon Muse A trying to run away from it all. Can Muse B help Muse A learn the control they need?

Furthermore, what happens when Muse B's former pack starts its rapid and rather violent expansion?
    A Starter Post
    Snow haunted her vision. Snow and blood together mixed and that was all she could consciously see even if she knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that there was so much more around her than just that. Brown eyes stared out of a body that didn't belong to her and that didn't seem to match up with her conscious control. Yes, she was running and yes, she could feel her heart pounding in her chest, but Holly didn't feel like the movements or the feelings were really being done by her anymore. How could they be when the body she looked at in the reflective water was not the human body she'd seen in the mirror so many times prior? That image had been memorized and it was not what she looked like now.

In fact, Holly was hard pressed to even consider herself human at the moment. It felt like only moments ago that she had looked into the water and when she had done that, it had not been flesh and skin that looked back at her. Instead, there was brown fur that shifted shades swiftly along her flanks and paws; the only thing that she still recognized had been her eyes. Bold and brown, they still belonged to her. It was the only piece she recognized at all.

It wasn't her. It couldn't be her. She wouldn't allow for anyone to tell her that it was still her. Denial flowed through her vessels, heart pounding harder and faster with each and every leap she took away from the place where they'd told her she had to stay. She didn't remember their faces, and she refused to remember their names. They weren't real to her. They couldn't be. They were the same… things... that made her this way, that bit her and left her lying and bleeding in the snow to endure her first change all alone in the cold. How could she take them seriously when they offered to "help"? Holly just couldn't. That was why she was running away.

Paws hit the ground hard. Then she pushed against the ground with all her strength, leaping into another bound. On and on and on it went.

She was paying no attention to the senses that tried to overwhelm her and neither was she watching where she was going. All Holly knew was that she was running from the pack, running from a memory and running from the truth that she would take to her grave as a lie.
  • Genre: Historical or Modern

Pairing: Varies

Muse A and Muse B both know what it was to love. Both of them have loved before, and neither one of them ever thought they would lose it. As fate would have it, though, both lost the love of their life before either one of them could ever be wed. The sadness was so bad for the both of them that neither one of them ever thought that they would find love again. However, fate brought them together. Muse A and Muse B met and their shared loss allowed them to form a bond almost as strong as the bonds they had lost. They fall in love.

What happens to them, then, when it is discovered that Muse B's true love might not really be dead? Something else might have happened to them in their death, something that could bring them back to Muse B's arms in time?

This is a story meant to be highly emotional. Muse A and Muse B love one another, but it is not meant to be as strong as their first love experiences. How will it be emotionally for Muse A when Muse B's first love might still be alive? Can Muse B bear to break Muse A's heart to find out the truth?

Behind everything else lies the question of what the truth really is.

A Starter Post
    It was an early Thursday evening when Adelaide began making her way back to the small little place that she tended to call home. It was always sad for her because despite her active role with the newspaper and despite the fact that people talked more at night when they were drinking, she couldn't stick around for a few reasons. Primary among them was the fact that the streets after dark were not safe for a young woman to be walking on her own. Pretty much anyone who stumbled upon her could do whatever they wanted to her and get away with it and after dark was when the more dangerous types tended to be around. Sighing as she walked, she digressed in the fact that it kept her out of some of the more intriguing stories.

That didn't mean she couldn't notice things as she walked, though. Her eyes were always looking for things that could create interesting stories because of that, she'd turned herself into quite the observant person. However, it could also get her very off track as to where she was going and what she was really supposed to be doing - getting home.

So lost in people watching, Adelaide didn't even notice when she almost walked right into a police officer. The collision was prevented simply because he had been paying attention and his arms reached out to stop her before she ran into him.

"Oh!" she snapped back to her senses. "Pardon moi, Monsieur!"

Although she tried to just walk around him and continue on her way, he didn't seem like he was going to have that. His hands didn't release her right away and if they had, Adelaide probably would have fallen over so that was a good thing for now. "Are you ok, Miss?" he inquired, his body bending down so that he could look her in the eyes. "You look a bit… lost." She probably looked more than just lost so that was actually one of the most polite words he could have decided to use.

"No worries. I'll be fine, I imagine. I was just heading home," Adelaide tried to reassure him that she really was ok and that she knew where she was going. She even added an affirmative nod for effect. However, then her eyes flickered around just a little and she realized that she had somehow managed to get way off track from where she had been heading. She still knew where she was and how to get home, but it was going to take a lot longer now than she had initially hoped.

"Alright, Mademoiselle. If you're sure…" He gave her an eye of uncertainty one final time before he headed on his way.

She nodded back in his general direction and continued walking on cobblestone. This time, she tried to focus more on just getting home otherwise it would be dangerously late soon.
  • Genre: Medieval Fantasy

Pairing: Nobel x Gladiator

There is a gladiator who managed to fight enough and win enough to actually earn his freedom. He found a wife, and they rose to nobility and together, they had two children - a son and a daughter. However, his freedom didn't last long enough to actually raise his family. He was forced to fight again and almost as soon as he was thrown into the ring, he was enslaved once again.

Muse A is a gladiator who was trained by him. He learned from him and he too became one of the best, albeit likely one of the most brutal.

Muse B is the once free gladiator's daughter. She lost her father to the arena and later on, her brother too is stolen into the fighting pits. And once they're there for long enough, they're never seen again. Not everyone dies. They're just sucked into the system and never heard from again. Muse B's mother is a ghost of her former self, lost due to having lost so many she cares about.

Just when her little brother disappears, though, Muse B decides she's had enough. She seeks out help - any help she can get - in finding her little brother again, and it is that which unites them. She frees Muse A - against the law, mind you - and requests his help. Now they're on the run and seeking those who have never been found before. How deep do the fighting pits go?

A Starter Post
    The arena had already stolen two people from her life and both of them were well missed and their brief times together were cherished. Of all people in the world, Mabel had more reason than most to hate that giant colosseum that stood in the middle of their hometown, the main one being that it had stolen so much from her. It had stolen her father from her, it had stolen her little brother from her, and it had stolen all the love from her own mother's heart in the process. Her mother spent so much time grieving for the loss of her husband that she'd very nearly forgotten that she had two children with his blood in their veins. Then when her brother had been stolen as well, the grief that came with that loss made her mental absences even worse. Now Mabel felt alone most of the time, even when her mother was almost always by her side. It didn't make any sense and she wasn't sure why the world had decided to take vengeance on her.

Nonetheless, it wasn't enough to stop her from granting her mother's wishes even when they were utterly ridiculous. That included going with her to the arena every time they put on a show. Mabel couldn't stand to watch it, but her mother savored every chance she had to see her son and her husband… for as long as it lasted. Several years ago, her father had been shipped elsewhere and no one had seen him since. Now Markel was the one they came to see.

"Mother, are you coming?" she called back to the woman as they walked into the colosseum. It happened whenever they came; her mother would freeze and look up at the massive structure almost as though she was seeing it for the first time. Mabel didn't even need to look behind her to know her mother would be frozen and staring. Her own footsteps stopped for a moment, waiting for her mother's mind to catch up with her movements, and when she heard her mother start walking again, Mabel continued on her path.

"How much is it, Mabel?" Suraya asked, her voice quiet because it seemed as though she didn't want to be heard.

"It's the same as always, Mother. Two of the gold coins gets us into general seating." Again, her mother was predictable in her inquiries and in her words and in her reactions and in her movements… everything about her was the same as Mabel had long since become accustomed to. In some ways, Mabel almost sounded annoyed with her mother when she answered the questions in the same manner that she had on multiple prior occasions; she could never truly be annoyed with her mother, but she did wish that her mother would wake up from her state of half-sleep, her state of half-awareness. It was like her mother was walking in a dream.

Like clockwork, Suraya Vontaire handed over two gold coins to get them into general seating; it would almost seem as though she'd truly remembered all along even though she had asked about it anyway. Although she wasn't mean enough to try it, Mabel could venture to guess that even if she didn't answer her mother's question, her mother would still hand over exactly the correct change. She was just so used to it by that point that it only made sense. The two of them walked to their seats, and sat down next to each other.

Mabel's eyes wandered in that exact moment. There was a spot - a single miniscule spot - where if she looked close enough, she could actually make out her little brother - her baby brother Markel. It was something she never told her mother about, though. If Suraya saw it, then Mabel knew they would be coming back here every day for that glimpse of him and Mabel feared for how dangerous that could be to her mother in the end. That didn't stop her from looking for it whenever they came, though. If coming and simply being there was enough for her mother to feel close to them, that was fine. Mabel needed to see them, though. For Suraya, it was presence. For Mabel, it was a visual.

Suraya did get to see him sometimes; whenever he was fighting in the field, they saw him. Those were scary times though.

And today was not one of those days. She knew it wasn't one of those days because when she looked to where she always knew she would see him, Mabel didn't see him. Her mother wouldn't know it right away, but Mabel did. Markel was gone.

"Bastards!" the brunette hissed. It wasn't loud but her voice was furious.

Her mother's head turned to face her and Suraya watched as Mabel stormed out of the general seating, calling out to her, "Mabel! Where are you going?" Unlike her daughter's outcries, Suraya's voice was loud. She didn't understand and Mabel couldn't bring it on herself to tell her. "Where are you going? What's wrong?" She didn't understand any of it. And she stood, frozen once again, as she watched her daughter vanish completely from her sights. Some part of Suraya had to stay in that stadium, she had to see if she could get a glimpse of her husband o of her son, and there was very little that could pull her out of that glimmer of hope. Little did she know, no one would ever grant her that hope again.

Meanwhile, in her wrath at what she already knew had happened - what she had learned with a single glance - Mabel was storming off and even she wasn't quite sure where she was going. All she knew for sure was that she was about to shatter and she couldn't be anywhere near her mother when it happened. To shatter near that woman could get dangerous very quickly. Step after step, she walked. The next thing she processed was the fact that her whole body was nearly collapsing down a flight of stairs. She looked behind herself and around herself; no one was anywhere in sight.

'How did I get here?' she wondered to herself. She literally didn't remember the walk. That was how consumed with emotions she had been.

It seemed, though, that there was only one way to go and that was forward. Grabbing the railing in a slender hand, Mabel waltzed down the stairs, realizing that her footsteps echoed against stone walls. She had a sinking feeling that the echo wasn't to her benefit, but she wasn't exactly certain how dangerous it could be and the fear wasn't enough to stop her in her tracks. Reaching the bottom step, all that was left to round a corner… and then she realized where she really was.

She was standing where Markel would've been. She was standing in the space where he would've been kept - where her father would've been kept as well. The shock of such a realization was enough to prevent her from realizing that she was being watched and even from noticing that there was anyone there at all. While she did see the line of cages that looked like they were meant to hold animals rather than humans, Mabel was blind to the men standing, sitting or laying inside of them. And she was still walking forward, too.

"Markel!" she called out, half hoping that her realization had simply been wrong. "Markel! Where are you!?" The distress of loss saturated her tone and there was no doubt that she was on the verge of breaking… that this was her last hope.

A low growl echoed from one of the cages, one opposite of the man who watched her closely. Another gladiator bared his teeth, almost as though he'd become the animal he'd been bred to be, and then he snarled harshly. "That little BRAT?" It was enough to make Mabel jump, to make her stumble, to make her fall and land flat on her ass. Her feet still moved though, they shoved her away from the cate with a rather frightening man inside and she soon found herself with her back against yet another cage - Weylan's cage. "That little brat wouldn't have lasted a single tournament here. So they sent him somewhere where his death might be more… entertaining."

The sharp gasp from Mabel's throat was almost louder than the silence that settled in the single second after.

• Love
Reactions: junebug
Status
Not open for further replies.