Warhammer 40k: The Sisk Incident IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Praetia hid behind a large tree as she had spotted the group from a distance. She recently was saving power by not using her jump pack, hence why the group didn't spot her but with her power armour she couldn't hide for to long. She though about how to engage the group, a frag grenade might take out a couple of them. The rest she would need to use her bolt pistols and the guidance of the emperor to protect her. The Seraphim began to think of other possible plans, perhaps throwing a rock to divide them up and take them out individually or perhaps wait till they got into a close formation and throw a frag grenade, maybe if they split up she could engage them in hand to hand. Thus she waited for a bit.

Adrian was silent as he and Zero waited for Ray's signal, the only sound he could hear was the sound of his breathing inside his gas mask as he racked a bolt into the chamber of his bolt pistol muffling the sound with his greatcoat to keep it from traveling and being heard by their targets ahead of them. His chain sword lay flushed with his side as he had little use of it at this distance and the excess sound may bring more trouble to them.

He was crouched down in a patch of tall vegetation with Zero when he turned towards him and spoke quietly. "I must apologize to you for my behavior Zero it was a necessary precaution as I suspect or dear leader Ray of having motives that are very much hidden from us, do you find it odd that a mercenary took control of this little group of ours Zero? Most mercenaries I have worked with keep to them selves and only interact with imperial forces when needed. The man we know as Ray has something hidden from us and while I know now he is not a traitor or tainted by chaos as he had had multiple chances to eliminate us but he has not, though as to what his motives truly are I do not know. I do intend to find out when this little engagement is over with and I thought it would be poignant to share this information with you now instead of explaining it after the fact." He went back to watching their targets waiting as he picked out the ones he would target when this whole thing went off.

The only adept had gone into a sort of standby mode during the night while the others kept watch on their shifts. What use was a watcher if they'd had no weapons or combat training after all?

One mecha dendrite kept a lazy vigil as it swept the spectrums for anything remotely considered alive. All that drew it attention was a large thermal signature that seemed to bounce behind cover, as if that would keep it unseen. Any attempt to broach the subject was usually drowned out with silence or orders to move forward. They dearly missed the ship. Only six days remained of emergency nutrition.

Even as the day had carried on Zero remained idly quiet, mecha dendrites having slipped beneath their robes and remaining their even as the commissar they'd been assigned with prattled on about apologies and their would be leader. Once again their responses were cut off by the racking of a bolter, foolish since his last round should have still been chambered, perhaps a good luck charm or some other commissar technique.

Why they had been sent so close to possible combat was beyond them. Worse still the bright red of their robes made them an obvious target amidst green and brown of the local flora and fauna.

Lucius sighed, moving at the back, his weapon held in a loose grip, at the middle of his body. His eyes darted before he frowned at the group. "Are you mad?" He asked at the thought of attacking the group. They were three combatants at best, one of which was over powered, no where near quiet. He shook his head, raising his pistol to line up the simple sights, three glowing dots. Just put the target on the middle one. An easy shot but he would need to use extra ammo to ensure a kill.

Ray heard Lucius' complaint. "It's risky, I know, but we have guns, surprise and the Emperor's blessing." He whispered, smiling at the blessing part to show it was a joke. We don't have any choice; it's either fight our way past them to get to the listening post and off this island, or waste another day out here without a safe place to hide. He handed his laspistol to the Techpriest. "Just line up the sights and pull the trigger." To everyone else, "Here we go."

He silently popped one close to him, Lucius hitting one a split second later. He rose and aimed for a second target as everyone else opened up.

Adrian lead off with the first shot, firing at the first man with his bolt pistol. The mini rocket left the pistol with a small amount of recoil before the rocket motor started up and initiated the acceleration process. As the other men of the group were firing at their selected targets the bolt was going faster and faster until it reached it's maximum velocity nearing ever closer to Adrian's mark, the intended target was not aware of his impending demise but no ever truly is until the moment is upon us. Adrian's target was pierced by the round for less than a second before it detonated ripping the man apart as his torso was pushed outward from the blast wave, while his right arm was detached violently from the forces being exerted on it from the detonation. The ones around him were splattered with bits of gore and blood though they wouldn't live much longer to comprehend what had just happened to their comrade.

Hearing the sound of gun fire, Praetia would once again look and see the enemy being attack. Thus she would stop hiding from her tree and open fire, flanking the enemy with her twin bolt pistols. It seemed the Emperor had not forsaken her yet. She just hope who ever else was shooting at the enemy was friendly. Despite being in power armour she would try to use cover the best she could, hiding behind trees while not firing, hopeful due to her flanking maneuver the enemy would be caught off guard and be confused.

The adept accepted the gift of technology with a gracious bid and slight bow of their robes frame. A mechadendrite slid from their sleeve to grasp the weapon by the top, adjusting to hold it in a similar fashion to a human hand.

Only a few moments of logistical information flowed through the priests mind as they studied the weapon for a moment, swiftly learning its internal workings from scantily seen schematics back upon their home ship. Though a different make and model the las pistol was remarkably similar to the rest of its kind.

While the others fired they had chosen a target, one near the middle. The dendrite rose up and squeezed the trigger and the man went down in a heap. A perfectly aligned shot that needed no adjustment for recoil as the next shot was fired, ending one mores mortal life.

Something about using such technology for death made the priest feel a little at ill. But their world was on board a ship, not in the mud with a weapon in their grasp. So the opinion was quickly discarded.

Lucius groaned before he rose, firing quick two round bursts, each crumbling a man. Two in the chest. Next target. Two in the chest. He moved forward as the chaos ensued. The chaos of war. He was too used to the sound of guns muffled within the armored bulk of his sentinel. Now every bolt was like a bomb, every las shot a tingling shrill noise. Still he was first truly out of cover, even out of his sentinel he moved like one. Weapon near perfectly stable in his hands, hunting with sweeps of his hips. First out from the assault, first into the dead. It was his job. "Clear." He called when the last fell, drawing his blade and holstering his pistol to start dealing with the wounded and their incessant screams and whimpers. So this is what death sounded like. It was always filtered, he only got it from the backwash of a vox operator. It almost made him wonder who was more machine, more detatched in this situation. The adept who was just now experiencing war on ground, or him who was so deafened to it from the screens of his precious walker that this seemed... Surreal.

Reactions: Dakota K5
Adrian began walking toward the enemy bodies with Lucius, he paused every so often to end a survivor's life with either his bolt pistol or his boot either worked for him. He started to notice some of the bodies were dead due to bolts but he did not recall firing at these men, he readied his pistol once more just in case.

Adrian turned toward the pilot. "How was your first taste of infantry combat Lucius?" Adrian asked as he looked over the bodies for anything they could use, he found a primitive but well made knife on one body and a bow that was intact, thinking over the situation Adrian grabbed the bow and the dead man's quiver with the arrows since he had no way to silence his bolt pistol and his only other alternative was a chainsword he found that a bow would allow him to kill at the least human targets with some form of subtly if the situation called for it, he also took the knife just in case he needed it or someone else in the group needed it.

"This wasn't combat... This was a slaughter..." He spoke as he finished the last man with a quick slice of his knife, the resulting gurgle making him scowl just a bit as he wiped the silver clean on the dirty shirt the man had worn. "I think we have another in our midst though..." The amount of bodies that were torn asunder was more than just the commissar had shot. He had seen the tell tale explosions. "I would suggest that you look for where all the extra bolter rounds came from." He replied with a small frown, sheathing his blade. He knew he couldn't do much against something that had dropped that much hell. His eyes scanning, wishing he had his auspex.

It took the tech priest a few extra moments to rise from behind their mediocre cover. Far from solid they could show no fear on their metallic visage. If it was as good enough for their combat tested comrades then they would have no issue despite the complete lack of logic of attacking from an open space like this.

Still when they joined the rest the las pistol had been turned in their mecha-dendrites grip to be returned to the mercenary Rayvius seeing as they had no immediate use for it.

"There is one extra." They stated through the melancholy drone of a still warbling vox speaker. A robed left appendage rose and gestured in the direction of the continued heat and electrical source that was likely the Sororitas. "Powered armor frame. External movement aid." They added, unable to discern much else save what they had stated. Once more they marveled at how these people managed to go about their daily lives without technological aid, if they could at all.

Praetia made her way out of the woods as she walk towards the group, observing each of them. They didn't seem like an army or a real squad, instead more like a group of misfits. "Greetings, I am Sister Praetia, Seraphim of the Ebon Chalice." stated the Adeptus Sororitas as she looked at the dead bodies before looking back at the group. She was trying to figure out who had the highest authority in such a group but even she wasn't sure.

Ray stepped forward bowing slightly and making the sign of the aquilla. "Salve, Soror." He greeted her in High Gothic, "I thank you and the Emperor for your timely intervention." He gestured to the group, "We are survivors of the Kestrel of Luggnum, save him." He pointed out Vagar by giving a tug on his leash. "We captured him yesterday and he has been a most useful source of information. He told us these bandits are working for a squad of Dominate troops, who are holding one of Governor Gavvit's listening post. We plan to retake it and use it's vox equipment to call for reinforcements and evac. We'd gladly welcome the assistance of a Seraphim."

Once Ray heard her response he ordered the group to move out. "We haven't heard much of what's been going on, but we know the fighting started before we arrived. Could you tell us what you know?" He asked the sister.

The seraphim returned the sign of the aquilla as she listen to his questions. "I don't know to much but I will share what I do know. The Severan Dominate Fleet arrived and engaged the SDF and Imperial fleet about seven days ago in orbit. The Imperial fleet was dislodged by the Severan fleet as they then landed on the planet. My ship was shot down about seven to four days ago. I only survived due to the emperor protection, training and my jump pack. That is all I currently know." stated Praetia as she then analyzed the other members of the squad to see how well she could work with them. They seemed to be an odd bunch, she wasn't sure if she would be able to adapt to it, perhaps this was another test from the Emperor.

A slight scowl crossed Lucius, giving a brief nod to the soroitas before he began to skulk ahead once more. He didn't like being in the ministorum's presence, his faith wasn't exactly exemplary after all. He knew the emperor existed and still exists, but as for of his protection, he didn't usually tread those lines. He simply drew his pistol, scouting ahead, once more moving more like a sentinel than a man.

Fortunately, the ragtag group of Imperials managed to make it to the bunker without further incident. By Ray's count, the bandits numbers were now just under forty, but the Severans still outnumbered them two to one. The only advantage they held was that their foes were spread out searching for them and didn't know were they were. If he was right, they would know soon, and all they could really do was hope evac came before they were outnumbered. Of course, they had to take the bunker first.

The bunker was built into the side of a hill. The gunslits were covering the woods they were hiding in, and all around, the approaches seemed covered. They haven't spotted us yet, so that's good. "Okay, I have a plan. There should be a ventilation shaft about twenty meters uphill from the bunker, probably in that stony patch there," her pointed. "If we can get this smoke grenade in, it should flush them out so we can take them by surprise." Hopefully. "Any objections?"

"Yes," said the commissar, drawing his bolt pistol and aiming it at Rayvius. "Where did you learn this information?"

Ray raised his hands. "Look, I like going into places prepared. If that means downloading the specs on every important building on the planet, I talk to my friend. He's an administratum adept. I slip him a few thrones, he slips me the blueprints. If you're gonna shoot me, do it after we all get away in one piece, okay?"

Lucius turned a suspicious eye upon the man, feeling a bit like the commissar at the moment. He frowned as he leaned back against a tree, crouching down and resting a moment, a bit like a waiting walker.

"Why use smoke? It'll drive them out the last I checked only Mr. Red and our friendly Kriegian have gas masks... Plus they'll just go out the other sides or wait... So we are going into a fight either way. I say we find some promethium and dump it and a few grenades in. Let Mr. Yellow take care of them."

Adrian holstered his weapon. "This isn't over with Ray." He though for a second. "Smoke could work but like Lucius said myself and Zero are the only ones with gas masks to prevent the affect of the gas and still be combat effective if we enter before it dissipates but on the other hand explosives may destroy any intel in the bunker that may help us."

Adrian was trying to think of an alternate method though none came to mind. "Zero any suggestions?" He directed to the tech priest as he rubbed his gloved fingers together while he thought.

After taking a moment to think about everything that was said, Praetia decided to offer her own input as well. "Do we have a back up plan? I can draw there fire while you guys flank them. I being heavily armored and mobile makes me the perfect candidate in case our first plan fails. Also if they attempt to retreat or run away, I can quickly chase them down and eliminate them." stated the sister of battle, willing to do the most suicidal job.

Status
Not open for further replies.