Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader (with a twist)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I think I'm gonna make an explorator with the following choices:

Forge Worlder
Stubjack
Criminal (Judged and found wanting)
Dark Voyage (Fear resist)
Pride (Toughness)

His story in a nutshell: Grew up on a forge world, led a gang of manufactorium workers who actively suppressed union work. One union at his factory went on strike, so he and his goon squad went out and murdered all the union leaders in the night, displaying their corpses by the manufactory entrance. The local authorities took issue with his actions and arrested him, though because he did get the factory working again, his punishment was the loss of a limb and a 'promotion' offworld. He was assigned to a group of explorators as extra muscle, but after their ship suffered catastrophic engine failure mid-warp transit, he led his group of tech-priests to fix the ship and escape the warp, thus earning himself a de-facto promotion to leader of their small troupe of explorators. He ended up impressing the rouge trader captain by staring down a group of belligerent xenos or something.

This is just a rough idea of what I'm going for. I may change details later.

So, I think I'm gonna make an explorator with the following choices:

Forge Worlder
Stubjack
Criminal (Judged and found wanting)
Dark Voyage (Fear resist)
Pride (Toughness)

His story in a nutshell: Grew up on a forge world, led a gang of manufactorium workers who actively suppressed union work. One union at his factory went on strike, so he and his goon squad went out and murdered all the union leaders in the night, displaying their corpses by the manufactory entrance. The local authorities took issue with his actions and arrested him, though because he did get the factory working again, his punishment was the loss of a limb and a 'promotion' offworld. He was assigned to a group of explorators as extra muscle, but after their ship suffered catastrophic engine failure mid-warp transit, he led his group of tech-priests to fix the ship and escape the warp, thus earning himself a de-facto promotion to leader of their small troupe of explorators. He ended up impressing the rouge trader captain by staring down a group of belligerent xenos or something.

This is just a rough idea of what I'm going for. I may change details later.

@Gothnor: Do they have unions in the Imperium? Regardless, I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I WANNA DO IT!

I might be interested. I have a copy of Rogue Trader somewhere. I've never played any of the 40k Tabletop settings though, so I'm woefully unfamiliar with the rules.

I might be interested. I have a copy of Rogue Trader somewhere. I've never played any of the 40k Tabletop settings though, so I'm woefully unfamiliar with the rules.
That's perfectly fine. Truth be told, this'll be my first attempt as well.

Do they have unions in the Imperium?
Probably. I mean, I doubt they'd be as official or organized as they are today (as the Imperium undoubtedly takes a dim view of the poor workers asking for more) but you get enough people angry enough about... well, anything (poor food, poor pay, long hours, unsafe work conditions, etc.), they're bound to do something to disrupt things.

So my character would be hired by the factories to discourage that kind of thinking however they see fit, without actually killing them purposely.

Ok, that works.

I think we have four people wanting to join. Shall I start the sign up thread and allow character making to ensue?

Would you allow the other rulebooks like Dark Heresy?

Would you allow the other rulebooks like Dark Heresy?
Absolutely! If you want to port a character from another rulebook into my campaign, that's cool so long as you can justify their presence on board the Interex vessel. The exception is probably Black Crusade, because the Rogue Trader will like Chaos about as much as the Imperium does.

WELP, TIME TO ROLL UP A MEMBER OF THE INQUISITION.

ALL HERETICS WILL BURN.

Well, I'm going to bump this to see if anyone else is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.