Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader: The Interex Valhalla

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can already tell this party is going to rock. Just wait until the Inquisitor shows up.

Anyways, I'm almost done with the Rogue Trader. I think I just need to write out his bio, and then roll his fate points.

Also for wounds and fate and stuff would you prefer us to roll here then add them to out app or just roll, add to our app and post when it's done?
Think you might've overlooked my question. Still in the middle of getting down all the skills for her. I'll try to finish her up tomorrow, but Thursday I likely won't be able to do much of anything; classes back to back. >.<

Think you might've overlooked my question. Still in the middle of getting down all the skills for her. I'll try to finish her up tomorrow, but Thursday I likely won't be able to do much of anything; classes back to back. >.<
Oh, sorry: I'm thinking roll here and then add to your app.

Just so long as you type in what you're rolling for (so we know you ain't fudging your rolls :P), I don't think it matters.

Random idea, by the way:

Part of the ship might be converted into an arena with heavily-armored and padded androids, this might help Solidsnak get out some of their Orky urges out of their system.

Gotcha. Also, how will we deal with AP and the like here? Same as tabletop? Cause I'm stuck for one of my bonuses from my origin of giving me a skill called Leap Up or Basic Weapons Training of my choice, though I already have Universal.

Gotcha. Also, how will we deal with AP and the like here? Same as tabletop? Cause I'm stuck for one of my bonuses from my origin of giving me a skill called Leap Up or Basic Weapons Training of my choice, though I already have Universal.
What do you mean when you say AP?

I think the right thing to do would be to upgrade a skill to intermediate.

Because the Leap Up Talent defines as being able to stand up without spending AP. Regardless, I'd much rather upgrade the skill, it just brought the question up in my head.

Technically, neither Leap Up nor Weapon Training are skills: they're talents, and talents can't exactly be upgraded.

I'd suggest getting Heavy Weapons Training (Universal) instead, as orks can carry some big guns.

Also, to clear some confusion, AP most likely means Actions (there are no AP in this game, technically).

Technically, neither Leap Up nor Weapon Training are skills: they're talents, and talents can't exactly be upgraded.

I'd suggest getting Heavy Weapons Training (Universal) instead, as orks can carry some big guns.

Also, to clear some confusion, AP most likely means Actions (there are no AP in this game, technically).
Emperor's Chosen is playing a Sniper chick, not the Ork.

Well, it said you can stand up without it costing an action so... I assume from how you're talking we won't really be using much of it. Regardless, this isn't a skill I'm choosing, it's from a bonus from the Origin, as in I have to pick one or the other. :/

WIP

Name: Shandra Odette

Species/Class: Human Arch-Militant

Appearance:
aa9ba3b96d4a629d9021f7975d2318bf.jpg

Stats:
  • WS: 45
  • BS: 50
  • S: 35
  • T: 35
  • Ag: 40
  • Int: 35
  • Per: 48
  • WP: 33
  • Fel: 20

Origin:
  • Death World
  • Scavenger (Unremarkable)
  • Criminal (Hunted by Crime Baron)
  • Hand of War
  • Endurance

Skills:
  • Survival
  • Common Lore (War)(Int)
  • Dodge(Ag)
  • Intimidate(S)
  • Scholastic Lore(Tacita Imperialis)(Int)
  • Secret Tongue(Military)(Int)
  • Speak Language(Low Gothic)(Int)
  • Awareness

Talents:
  • Jaded
  • Unremarkable
  • Leap Up
  • Hatred (Criminals)
  • Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
  • Melee Weapon Training (Universal)
  • Basic Weapon Training (Primitive)
  • Basic Weapon Training (Universal)
  • Pistol Weapon Training (Universal)
  • Thrown Weapon Training (Universal)
  • Sound Constitution
  • Ambidextrous

Starting Equipment:
  • Best Craftsmanship Long-las
  • Good Craftsmanship Knife with mono upgrade
  • Micro-bead
  • Void Suit
  • Common Craftsmanship Light Carapace Armor
  • Bolt Shell Keepsake
  • Medkit
  • Manacles
  • Arms Coffer

Bio: Of the misfortunate to be born to a Death World, Shandra grew up in the man-hating jungles of Catachan. Thankfully, she was birthed within one of the fortresses withstanding the flora's constant assaults, albeit the settlement only lasted till her toddler years, forcing her family, her and those who survived the death grip the jungle held on the encampment. Still, as can be expected, surviving the wiping out of a settlement on Catachan is one thing, but surviving the travel and successfully resettling elsewhere was just as much a test of survival skill and luck. During the trek, the jungle struck once again at the survivors, the adults dashing to fend off the wildlife and nature itself, while the children ran, though some did stay in an attempt to aid their brothers-in-arms. Shandra herself was apart of the most that ran, and hid. Needless to say, those who stood their ground perished and those who ran Shandra would never see again, leaving her completely alone; a case unfortunately not unheard of on the planet.

Luckily for the young girl, she would prove to be one of the few gifted children that adapted to their harsh environment and lived through to adulthood. Surprisingly, Shandra never actually integrated herself within another settlement; she kept to herself and somehow managed to brave the wilds. She would only ever make contact with a fortress for the purpose of trading and in order to leave the deathtrap of a planet. She didn't exactly hold the funds to leave "free", but managed to cut a deal with a visiting Commissar. Most didn't exactly hold a good relation with guardsmen enlisted from Catachan, so enlisting a skilled marksman and survivor, more so one that would actually listen, was an excellent opportunity.

Shandra served under the commissar for several years, enduring some rather gruesome battles as a soldier, typically against heretical cults and more organized underworld forces. As far as training went, Odette underwent the basics, though there wasn't any bother sending her to some of the more advanced forms; she survived Catachan, after all. What she needed to learn is how to listen and work with others, not how to fight. Shandra tried, much more than any other of her world would have, but there were reasons that Catachan Guardsmen held issue with the main ranks of the Imperium. The girl, while a loner, was no different. Eventually she began getting involved with the so-called scum of the planet she was stationed. Secretly trading patrol information and other meagre intel for favors, the girl would eventually earn enough favour to secure a way offworld. She was tired of playing the part of lapdog.

Unfortunately, the individuals that secured her route offworld were about as trustworthy as one could expect. They got her a way off the planet and away from the guard all right—on a very
special kind of trade vessel; one specialized in human trafficking. Though, it turns out that Catachan survivors excel in any kind of jungle, whether it be green or concrete. When they docked and loaded everyone off, Shandra not only managed to free herself, but many of the other hostages as well; mind you, it was not out of good will, but to aggro the focus of her captors. Of the freed slaves, while some were recaptured, several had escaped or were killed in the long-run. The Crimelord that owned the shipment took about as kindly to that act of rebellion as can be expected, vowing retribution against the Catachan warrior.
As Odette now scrambled to get offworld—again—she quickly became known as a freelance mercenary or bounty hunter of sorts, one skillful enough to have evaded both Imperium Guardsmen and Underworld forces searching for her. Due to her exploits and infamy, Shandra earned the interest of the Rogue Trader and was recruited to his crew.

XP Total: 5,000
Current XP: 0
Insanity: 0
Corruption: 4
Wounds: 9
Fate: 2

(Ignore second dice thrown for starting wounds)

Last edited:
You get one Action per turn and one Reaction. There's a big list of things you can do and their action cost (either half or full action) on page 238. Standing is normally a half action, which doesn't leave you with much to do after you get up from being knocked down.

I'm going to list the given stats for a freeloota plus my planned changes or asking for suggestions.

ork Freebooter profile
Ws Bs s T ag int per Wp Fel
45 20 50 45 30 26 30 28 22

Possible 35 on ag, 25 on int? some other formula..

Movement: 3/6/9/18 Wounds: 16

Skills: Awareness (Per), Barter (Fel), Intimidate (S).

Barter replace with silent move?

Talents:
Basic Weapon Training (Primitive, SP),
Bulging Biceps,
Common Lore (Ork),
Crushing Blow,
Furious Assault,
Hardy,
Heavy Weapon Training (SP),
Iron Jaw,
Melee Weapon Training (Chain, Primitive, Power),
Pistol Weapon Training (Primitive, SP),
Speak Language (Ork, Low Gothic),
True Grit.

Traits:
Brutal Charge,
Mob Rule†,

exchange for Unnatural Characteristic, given Kommandos work in small groups or alone, and unlike most orks can read, and use tactics. Bonus to ag or a few minor points to int?

Resistance (Cold, Heat,
Radiation),
Sturdy,
Unnatural Toughness (x2).
Armour: Looted armour (Body 5, Head 4, Arms 2, Legs 2).
Weapons:
Chain axe (1d10+9 R; Pen 2 Tearing),
1d5 frag grenades,
shoota (60m; S/3/10; 1d10+4 I; Pen 0; Clip 30; Reload Full; Inaccurate, Unreliable).

Possible

Shoota with Slugga? 20m S/3/– 1d10+4 I 0 18

Chain axe with choppa? 1d10+1 R Pen 2, unbalanced.

Gear:

2d10 ork teeth ("Teef "),
shiny bitz,
scavenged machine components and trophies,
3 spare clips for the shoota, (or slugga)
respirator,
crude hand vox.

Possible

Exchange Scavanged machine for cloak and paint, respirator possiblly for preysense GoGGles or some other peice of "kommandos kit". Possible addition of a box << >>

So far, I like everyone's characters.

Red army Shogan: your changes are acceptable.

I'll type out, what I can for now, but I may need help on how many dice I need to roll, and recommended changes to the weapons or skill level, most of hte default which is for an enemy is rather low or terrible variants of the weapons.

Ok.

Anyone find out where it talks about how you determine your starting fate? Or, rather, how much you roll for it?

Anyone find out where it talks about how you determine your starting fate? Or, rather, how much you roll for it?
It's under your origin. Depending on your birthplace, you roll a d10 and it tells you how many fate points you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.