Warhammer 40,000: Renegade Crusade

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Matt Ward doesn't work for GW anymore....

Sorry about the wait, but I'll have the rough draft of my idea up tonight.

Note: This is an extremely rough outline as right now. I have most details thought up, but I haven't had much time to sit down and put it into writing.

Chapter Name: Endbringers (Formerly Confessors)
Legion of Origin: Word Bearers
Chapter Colours: TBA
Chapter Insignia: Misericorde
Planet of Origin: Mortido
Current Chapter Master: TBA
Pre-Heresy History:
The planet of Mortido was once a thriving world of humanity, whose level of technology had managed to reach great spans despite having been cut off from other worlds due to warp storms but had not yet managed to reach Terra's glory (aka, imagine modern day earth). Unfortunately, sometime before the Great Crusade, the planet and its populace found itself prey to several xeno races that were drawn to it for unknown reasons. By the time Lorgar and his Word Bearers approached it for conquest, the people Mortido had nearly been driven extinct. The assistance of the Primarch and his Adeptus Astartes alone was enough to convince the people to convert in worship of the God Emperor of Mankind and the enlistment of those who would become the Chapter known as the Confessors. Based off their experiences fighting the xenos of their world, the Confessors naturally took to the role of the legion's heavy armored assault and demolition experts, delivering the God Emperor's wrath to those who would not convert.

Before the events of Monarchia, the Confessors were caught in a warp storm and were presumed to be lost to the rest of the Legion. It is entirely uncertain how they managed to brave the warp as long as they did, but the chapter eventually escaped, although they now found themselves far from the rest of the Word Bearers, who had drastically changed during this time. Deemed an Imperial enemy due to their association to the Traitor Legions and without any of their supposed allies close enough for support, the Confessors fought to survive and eventually went into hiding.

Post-Heresy History:
TBA

Ideology:
TBA

Structure:
TBA

Primary Tactics and Weapons:
TBA

Note: This is an extremely rough outline as right now. I have most details thought up, but I haven't had much time to sit down and put it into writing.

Chapter Name: Endbringers (Formerly Confessors)
Legion of Origin: Word Bearers
Chapter Colours: TBA
Chapter Insignia: Misericorde
Planet of Origin: Mortido
Current Chapter Master: TBA
Pre-Heresy History:
The planet of Mortido was once a thriving world of humanity, whose level of technology had managed to reach great spans despite having been cut off from other worlds due to warp storms but had not yet managed to reach Terra's glory (aka, imagine modern day earth). Unfortunately, sometime before the Great Crusade, the planet and its populace found itself prey to several xeno races that were drawn to it for unknown reasons. By the time Lorgar and his Word Bearers approached it for conquest, the people Mortido had nearly been driven extinct. The assistance of the Primarch and his Adeptus Astartes alone was enough to convince the people to convert in worship of the God Emperor of Mankind and the enlistment of those who would become the Chapter known as the Confessors. Based off their experiences fighting the xenos of their world, the Confessors naturally took to the role of the legion's heavy armored assault and demolition experts, delivering the God Emperor's wrath to those who would not convert.

Before the events of Monarchia, the Confessors were caught in a warp storm and were presumed to be lost to the rest of the Legion. It is entirely uncertain how they managed to brave the warp as long as they did, but the chapter eventually escaped, although they now found themselves far from the rest of the Word Bearers, who had drastically changed during this time. Deemed an Imperial enemy due to their association to the Traitor Legions and without any of their supposed allies close enough for support, the Confessors fought to survive and eventually went into hiding.

Post-Heresy History:
TBA

Ideology:
TBA

Structure:
TBA

Primary Tactics and Weapons:
TBA

Okay... I guess it can fit in to the story well enough. I'd intended for the Chapters to have been formed from preexisting Loyalist Chapters, so as to make the whole Imperial "Crusade of Cleansing" v. the Renegade's "Crusade of Survival" story work. But as a Chapter that formed itself into a Chapter after having been missing for an extended period, I guess it can work. What role would you play in the story? Chaos-corrupted?

Okay... I guess it can fit in to the story well enough. I'd intended for the Chapters to have been formed from preexisting Loyalist Chapters, so as to make the whole Imperial "Crusade of Cleansing" v. the Renegade's "Crusade of Survival" story work. But as a Chapter that formed itself into a Chapter after having been missing for an extended period, I guess it can work. What role would you play in the story? Chaos-corrupted?
I see I misunderstood the intent, but I think my idea should still work.

While I'm currently updating that post, I'll go ahead and give the abridged version. Since they've been cut off from the rest of legion for some time, the Confessors develop a differing ideology than the Word Bearers in that they believe the events of Monarchia was a test of Lorgar's devotion (think the story of Job) and that the Emperor's fate and decay of the Imperium was due partly to Lorgar failing that said test.

The Confessors/Endbringers are considered heretical by the rest of the Imperium due to their former association with the Word Bearers and the fact that the chapter is now a giant death cult.

I see I misunderstood the intent, but I think my idea should still work.

While I'm currently updating that post, I'll go ahead and give the abridged version. Since they've been cut off from the rest of legion for some time, the Confessors develop a differing ideology than the Word Bearers in that they believe the events of Monarchia was a test of Lorgar's devotion (think the story of Job) and that the Emperor's fate and decay of the Imperium was due partly to Lorgar failing that said test.

The Confessors/Endbringers are considered heretical by the rest of the Imperium due to their former association with the Word Bearers and the fact that the chapter is now a giant death cult.

Hmm. Again, what makes them special? Do they possess any assets from the Great Crusade? Have they been tainted by the Warp?

Hmm. Again, what makes them special? Do they possess any assets from the Great Crusade? Have they been tainted by the Warp?
Despite their numbers dwindling, they still possess most of the arsenal they've used from the Great Crusade. Since they were mostly utilized as demolition experts this would include grenade launchers and grenades, demolition charges, some grav/combi-grav-weapons, and power weapons. Aside from that, they're pretty standard, save for their "The Emperor has fallen, kill everything" religious and suicidal zeal, and ignoring concepts such as "civilian casualties" and "friendly fire".

Despite their numbers dwindling, they still possess most of the arsenal they've used from the Great Crusade. Since they were mostly utilized as demolition experts this would include grenade launchers and grenades, demolition charges, some grav/combi-grav-weapons, and power weapons. Aside from that, they're pretty standard, save for their "The Emperor has fallen, kill everything" religious and suicidal zeal, and ignoring concepts such as "civilian casualties" and "friendly fire".

Hmm. Crusaders of Death. Where have I heard that one before?

Hmm. Crusaders of Death. Where have I heard that one before?
Probably a few dozen running around. After some thought, I think I'm just going to scrap that idea and come up with another now that I fully understand the concept you're looking for.

Probably a few dozen running around. After some thought, I think I'm just going to scrap that idea and come up with another now that I fully understand the concept you're looking for.

Oh. Okie. Be interesting to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.