Warhammer 40,000: DEATHWING

Status
Not open for further replies.
>game was made with modding in mind (.ini everywhere)
Word of warning here as I discovered with XCOM 2.

ini edits carry over to Multiplayer. Which is great if you and your friends want to play a modded game.
Not so great if you all mod the game differently and end up un-balanced.

For example, with XCOM 2 I was fighting my friend, and winning only to discover mid-game the weapons had the same modded stats from singleplayer... Meaning I had an unintentional power buff.

Word of warning here as I discovered with XCOM 2.

ini edits carry over to Multiplayer. Which is great if you and your friends want to play a modded game.
Not so great if you all mod the game differently and end up un-balanced.

For example, with XCOM 2 I was fighting my friend, and winning only to discover mid-game the weapons had the same modded stats from singleplayer... Meaning I had an unintentional power buff.
That's only the case when the developers fuck up. It's easy to make a filter that uses the hosts .ini file as grounds for what is allowed, and asks for others to have the same or even apply the stats and etc on everything.

• Useful
Reactions: Windsong
No shit sherlock

That's boring, is the problem, you can run into a lot more then just nids on a Hulk
Well it's not like video games have always been 100% true to the source material either way. But given that it's Space Hulk and it's always been Termies v Stealers..

Think it sticks more than most while doing it with some slick flare.

Well it's not like video games have always been 100% true to the source material either way. But given that it's Space Hulk and it's always been Termies v Stealers..

Think it sticks more than most while doing it with some slick flare.
Yea because usually it's based off of the board game

But that's boring, having Chaos and Orks to fight would add waaaaay more replay-ability

The board game in this case is specifically TYRANID focused....
The board game is always Tyranid focused, and it's not a particularly great thing to focus on for a 40k game, believe me, it gets boring

Lorewise, having more then just nids is way more lore friendly anyways and is just more fun

Too bad it's still based off the board game.. Sooooooo...

Even though I would rather see more enemies, would rather they didn't add them either way. It would add countless issues to development not to mention probably totally change how the game played.

• Thank You
Reactions: Hellis
Status
Not open for further replies.