War of the Roses [OOC chat]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm i think I'm gonna make a nun and a musician(more than likely female)

• Love
Reactions: Kythera and Gateman
@Kythera I'm sure you've seen me post this to the other threads were both in but I'm going to tag you here so you know as well that after work today I have the next three days off so I can work on characters and catch up on posts so I'll have my characters up in the next few days

• Love
Reactions: Kythera and Pasi
Hey everyone, I think I will have to back out for this time :) I've discovered I don't have as much time to invest in this as I wish I did.
Thank you for everything though and I hope you all have fun ! :unicorn:

Important Updates:

1. Please check the character table in the first post and make sure I have all your characters correctly listed. Names in green are those whose CS appears to be complete.

2. The RP will start on the day of Anne's coronation, exactly 3 months after Henry's death. Pretty much all the characters could, and most should, attend the ceremony. That'll get everyone together at first for maximum interaction and drama, and then people can disperse to the various castles as they wish. Part of the coronation ceremony requires all peers of the realm to swear their fealty to the queen - "I, N., Duke [Marquess, Earl, Viscount, Baron or Lord] of N., do become your liege man of life and limb, and of earthly worship; and faith and truth will I bear unto you, to live and die, against all manner of folks. So help me God." They do it in groups by level of peerage - i.e. all the Dukes swear together, then all the Marquises, and so on. So theoretically your character could mouth it out without saying it out loud, or something like that. The Royal Family does their vows individually, so it would be very noticeable if they didn't do them... So that we all don't have to read the oath 10 times, we'll skim over it in the Archbishop's post, and you can just include your character's feelings about it in your own post about the whole ceremony. Therefore, if your noble character will be intentionally skipping the ceremony or somehow noticeably avoiding doing the oath please let me and @AceSorcerer know ahead of time so that our characters can react appropriately.

And if your character plans on disrupting the ceremony in any way, just know that there will be hundreds of guards and knights there and they'll arrest him/her immediately :P [You're still welcome to do it, but it'll, uh, severely limit your character's activities for the rest of the RP]. If anyone wants to make a 1-post NPC who causes some kind of disturbance at the ceremony and then gets thrown into a dungeon, let me know, that could be fun :D

After the ceremony we all go to a banquet, get boisterously drunk, and generally let chaos ensue :D

3. Votey vote! Does anyone want to create a libertine side-thread to do extra naughty scenes or more fully flesh out those scenes? You can always take it to PM, but if there's enough people who want to we could just make a second lib thread for it.

What number 3? Votey Vote on what?

My Duke will of course do the vows... he won't like them but he's not dishonorable XD.

Noblewoman will mysteriously show up so she of course wouldn't be doing the vows.

My two will be up either later tonight or wednesday just like my chars for the pirate rp.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kythera
What number 3? Votey Vote on what?

My Duke will of course do the vows... he won't like them but he's not dishonorable XD.

Noblewoman will mysteriously show up so she of course wouldn't be doing the vows.

My two will be up either later tonight or wednesday just like my chars for the pirate rp.
Iwaku randomly decided to delete the end of my post :( It's back now :P

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Important Updates:

1. Please check the character table in the first post and make sure I have all your characters correctly listed. Names in green are those whose CS appears to be complete.

2. The RP will start on the day of Anne's coronation, exactly 3 months after Henry's death. Pretty much all the characters could, and most should, attend the ceremony. That'll get everyone together at first for maximum interaction and drama, and then people can disperse to the various castles as they wish. Part of the coronation ceremony requires all peers of the realm to swear their fealty to the queen - "I, N., Duke [Marquess, Earl, Viscount, Baron or Lord] of N., do become your liege man of life and limb, and of earthly worship; and faith and truth will I bear unto you, to live and die, against all manner of folks. So help me God." They do it in groups by level of peerage - i.e. all the Dukes swear together, then all the Marquises, and so on. So theoretically your character could mouth it out without saying it out loud, or something like that. The Royal Family does their vows individually, so it would be very noticeable if they didn't do them... So that we all don't have to read the oath 10 times, we'll skim over it in the Archbishop's post, and you can just include your character's feelings about it in your own post about the whole ceremony. Therefore, if your noble character will be intentionally skipping the ceremony or somehow noticeably avoiding doing the oath please let me and @AceSorcerer know ahead of time so that our characters can react appropriately.

And if your character plans on disrupting the ceremony in any way, just know that there will be hundreds of guards and knights there and they'll arrest him/her immediately :P [You're still welcome to do it, but it'll, uh, severely limit your character's activities for the rest of the RP]. If anyone wants to make a 1-post NPC who causes some kind of disturbance at the ceremony and then gets thrown into a dungeon, let me know, that could be fun :D

After the ceremony we all go to a banquet, get boisterously drunk, and generally let chaos ensue :D

3. Votey vote! Does anyone want to create a libertine side-thread to do extra naughty scenes or more fully flesh out those scenes? You can always take it to PM, but if there's enough people who want to we could just make a second lib thread for it.
I like the second lib thread thing, like the xrated parts of the rp XD lol.

I would as well appreciate a side lib thread for smutty stuff

• Thank You
I'm gonna vote no on the lib side thread, and my reasons are thus:
  1. If we're gonna do a lib side thread, we might as well simply make the whole thing lib.
  2. The rules are clear on the matter, sex can be allowed in the rp if it a.) occurs as a natural plot element, b.) is not the main focus of the story, c.) is kept behind spoilers, and d.) is between people of the same age group. Everyone in the group is an adult, so that's not really an issue. Obviously the focus of the story is the war and political intrigue.
  3. It seems more of a hindrance than a tool to have a separate thread just for sex scenes. If I've gotta go to a different thread to do the scene or read one, I'm much less likely to actually do so.

• Thank You
I vote no as well and agree completely with Gateman I say it should be done in the main thread and just say all sexual content should be put in spoilers or have someone add at the top of their post that there is sexual content in it

• Thank You
Reactions: Kythera and Gateman
Any news as to when the Princess and Duke profiles will be up?

@Shayla said this weekend for the princess. @JUSTIN THE BLACK HIPPIE PRINCE how bout the Duke?

@Thingtastic @Pasi @Andy @Gateman We'll get started as soon as those 2 are ready, so try to get yours done by then :) If you have to finish after we start, no worries, it'll be easy to introduce characters as we go.
Yeah It may be a day or two for me to get mine up still but I'm working on them as fast as I can. I at least got their appearances up so you know what they look like. But the actual cs is still a work in progress

I'm working on mine as fast as I can. Hoping to get them done soon!

Letting everyone know, I'm gonna be offline today. Anybody needs me for something dire, Shayla, Pasi, and Justin know how to get me. Otherwise, it'll have to wait till I'm ready to be around people again.

Stay hoopy.

Status
Not open for further replies.