War of the Races OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it lawful for him to allow a thief to get away with his stolen goods than, just to save his life?

Regional laws are of no consequence to him if it means sacrificing his own code. Hence the LG.

And if we continue with the D&D reference, yeah, it's lawful since he is following his laws. If he abandoned his laws, he would be chaotic. If he followed them only as prudent, it would be neutral.

Sounds a bit more along the lines of NG, unless he adheres to his own law rather than the law of the land. And there's still the matter that he's chosen to draw his weapon and challenge anyone who'd try to stop the thief instead of say, ask the thief to return what he stole. I don't know what sort of code Tenax follows, but generally I don't approve of theft.

He is the non-stereotypical side of Lawful. While the usual Lawful type follows laws of an area, his type have a personal set of values that they strictly adhere to.

Also, he challenged those that are ignorant, not those seeking to gain the cargo. He rather explicitly railed against the calls of demons and their treatment of it as a monster.

Well that's where the difference between Sharda and the guards is than. Because while she didn't know it until she saw it's face, she wasn't hunting it down because it's a "Monster", but because it's a "Thief". Now maybe it would influences the guards behavior, but I consider that a minor fact compared to the more reasonable idea that they're chasing it down because he stole something. The fact that he's a "monster" just makes his actions a bit more understandable, but no less justified. Kind of like using race to justify crime and punishment in real life.

I suppose there is a bit of a communication issue, more so since 347 didn't exactly try to explain himself and just strait up robbed them.

The guards are just acting out of fear. Ysir knows more about robots because of his dealings.

Alright guys, we need to resolve this quickly before the two armies get here.

Well I mean... technically (ba-dum tsh) that head belongs to 347 as much as anyone else. It is the only piece of his kind he's been able to find. Emphasis on "his kind".

Technically the head belongs to the corp, but that doesn't exist anymore so it is really anyone's if they can find it and keep it.

Also, waiting for @UnseenShade to post so Ysir doesn't get his head lobbed off.

Technically the head belongs to the corp, but that doesn't exist anymore so it is really anyone's if they can find it and keep it.

Also, waiting for @UnseenShade to post so Ysir doesn't get his head lobbed off.
Weeell, if we're going that far back, technically the head belongs to the various minerals and metals from which it came from. So really the head actually belongs to the ground.

The ground never made a claim to it however. As far as the legality goes, if it truly belonged to the ground, it gave it to the first person to pick it up.

In all seriousness though, I suppose this serves as a basis of the conflict most of humanity has with the other races, doesn't it? After all, they came before the elves, dwarves, orcs, and so on, so why shouldn't they come back and take what's theirs?

The ground never made a claim to it however. As far as the legality goes, if it truly belonged to the ground, it gave it to the first person to pick it up.

In all seriousness though, I suppose this serves as a basis of the conflict most of humanity has with the other races, doesn't it? After all, they came before the elves, dwarves, orcs, and so on, so why shouldn't they come back and take what's theirs?
In that case, the first person to pick up all the materials used to make it was a Venezuelan miner in the middle of nowhere. I guess we have to go find some dude in Venezuela now.

Venezuela doesn't exist now and the reason why humans aren't going around taking back their land is because they're too war weary. At least until now.

That miner was contracted to collect those minerals though. Unless he's not going to oblige by the contract and chose that he's above such laws, which is a whole different can of worms.

Venezuela doesn't exist now and the reason why humans aren't going around taking back their land is because they're too war weary. At least until now.
The Venezuelan miner was also a joke...

Well, joke or no, there are a lot of parties claiming that what they're doing is "Justified". And now one of them as to be right. Place your bets folks!

Sorry about disappearing. I was called into work to cover for a coworker for a small emergency. I'm back and can form a post

• Thank You
Reactions: Archwar
Status
Not open for further replies.