War of the elements

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It was over here, I'm sure. My ears can't be deceiving me." Ogrul pointed in a direction with his hammer, nearly knocking down a tree. In a completely different direction, he could hear the sound of a crashing tree which echoed throughout the forest. He looked to his guard, who was staring at him with a smug expression on his face. Ogrul sighed, "Fine, you were right." Heaving the war hammer over his shoulder, he began to make his way to the source of the noise. He was concious of the debris and bodies that littered the floor, but was even more alert of any oncoming attackers that made the wrong decision to take them on. His eyes darted around the trees, and he was expecting an ambush at any minute, seen as how it was impossible for him to be stealthy, and the sound of him breaking twigs and branches under his large feet would warn any hostile presence within a mile of his location. His guard was keeping a steady eye on the other side of the forest to his left as well. His shield, which he held firmly in his right hand had droops of blood dripping down it which left a gruesome trail behind them, and Ogrul could feel the still warm blood from his own hammer drip onto his armor.

He could hear voices, a while up ahead into the forest. Stopping so as to not alarm them of his presence, he carefully listened to try and detect if they were elves. His expression grew to be more curious as he began to detect their voices. One sounded like a young girl, but the other sounded more sinister. Then the third voice struck him. "Damn it! And here I was thinking I'd seen the last of him!" Ogrul threw his hammer off of his shoulder and slammed it hard into the ground, rustling the trees and bushes around him in a miniature earthquake from the tremendous force. The orc beside him just shook his head, disappointed that they'd just revealed they're location. Ogrul lifted his free hand and scratched the back of his head, "Er, sorry about that." He gave a coy smile to the guard, who just rolled his eyes and carried on through the forest.

Ogrul heard a noise approaching, and quickly shot a hand out to his guards shoulder, preventing him from going any further. The guard looked back at him, confused at first, but then nodded his head as he realized what they stopped for. Placing his hammer on the ground, Ogrul got into a ready stance, completely unarmed. Those footsteps are much too light to be the one bearing the sinister voice, and if it's the human assassin I'd prefer to take him on with my own two hands. But chances are, it's probably the girl. I can't just leave her running around the forest though, can I? His expression hardened. Then the source of the noise emerged, confirming his suspicion. He was shocked at first at her size, but quickly shot out a large hand to the girl's abdomen, taking note that he could probably wrap his entire hand around it if he so desired, "Gotcha!" He cried out, and the guard beside him simply watched in awe of the quick reflexes of the large orc.

The large orc guard didn't say a word as he left through the gates, the humans creating a path for him. With his eyes planted firmly onto the large orc's back, Xugar shook Strantham's hand back, smiling warmly to him, "My name is Xugar Thorinblade, previous leader of the Blood squad, and as it now appears, the new sergeant of the Second Orcish Army. I could just about imagine the pains you've went through having to deal with that brute Ogrul" Releasing his hand, Xugar took a few steps back into the remnants of what remained of the force they had previously. The orcs looked upon the exchange in awe, most believing that it would be an event that would go down in their records as a great historic event. Xugar looked the commander in the eye as he spoke, "Yes, Ogrul is stubborn, and I expect he'll be returning shortly. We have scarce few men remaining now to defend ourselves, and your support would be much appreciated for when the monster returns." I would be able to hold myself against him if you'd left me more of an army to work with, opposed to killing what we had left when you entered. He thought harshly afterwards, but kept a warm smile towards the commander, that showed no hint of the sinister thoughts running through his mind.

By then the orcs in the camp had finished cowering in fear of the human army before them, and slowly began to disperse back into their camp to continue the tasks they were doing previously, which largely involved healing the wounded. Xugar stood with his eyes fixed to Ares, not interrupting as the general gave him leave of his duties. Once he was finished, Xugar turned his back to him and began making his way through the camp. He still wielded his flail in hand, and it flung through the air as he turned, nearly busting the knee cap of a nearby orc who'd been watching the ordeal. Xugar hadn't even noticed the orc. Once his back was turned from the commander his warm smile turned into one more demented, and his eyes showed nothing but triumph, Finally, it's my time to take over, and wield the same power that idiot had. Waving his free hand over his shoulder, Xugar motioned for the commander to follow him, "It would be best to discuss this in a more discreet location. I mean, I've not a doubt that there are some still within the camp who are loyal to Ogrul, and believe they'd be doing him a grand service by staying and spying on us for him." he began to head towards where Ogrul's tent stood. Ogrul's old tent. He sneered.

Pirina's eyes had been cloudy from tears while she was running, so she wasn't paying much attention to where she was going.

Then she felt someone reach out and grab her. Ugh, she was so sick of behind manhandled like this. No one at the castle ever thought to put a finger on her, and she liked it that way. Her immediate thought was that it was Marlok who had caught up to her and restrained her. Still assuming it was Marlok, she shouted, ""I thought I told you to leave me alo--"

She stopped midsentence. Even though Marlok was larger than her, Pirina realized his grip most likely wouldn't be this strong. She looked down at the hand that was holding her. Marlok's hands were far from this big. And they weren't...green.

Green hands. Orc's hands.

Pirina's head snapped up to look at the orc. Her heart was beating rapidly, her eyes wide with some mixture of fear, shock, anger, and intrigue. She didn't know whether to scream or cry. Instead she shook silently, not making a sound, as she stared intently at the orc. She realized this guy wouldn't care if she was royalty of some dumb kingdom. He'd snap her in half without a second thought. In fact, he'd probably make her death more agonizing if he knew she was a princess--no, the princess of the water faries. Her thoughts flashed back to her with Marlok, and telling him she'd prefer being strangled to death by an orc than be with him. Well, looks like her wish just came true.

Marlok looked at the human, a blank stare etched with sorrow in his eyes, he had heard his question. He even noticed that he came up but he hadn't cared his sword he threw through the woods appeared in his hand the water magic disappearing after it completely formed. He took both blades and sheathed them. He threw the human some of his water. Go after her! He told himself over and over. She had run straight toward the orc camp, he wasn't sure where the fairy soldiers were but an ache in his stomach told him not to let himself abandon her. No matter what he felt the duty to help her, even after things that occurred words that were exchanged. He put his head down, What would you do? His head faced up looking at the sky.

He heard a slight sound, something crashing into the ground. He felt a force of magic, a strong force of magic. The same way Pirina had gone. He looked to the human, his words were quick and clear, "I can't talk currently. But I know you, I saw you in the woods." Marlok turned the direction of where Pirina went and sprinted, his feet were surround by water magic, making his steps as he hit the branches and such on the ground more silent. He came up upon the orcs, without thinking he didn't assess the situation, he just saw Pirina wrapped in that huge Orcs hand quickly realizing him from the camp. Ogrul... He had heard the stories in the forest about him. He didn't think he'd ever see him this close. He looked at his choice of weapon, a hammer and shield? Marlok found it impossible that Ogrul could keep up with Marlok if they fought here. What put a bad look on things is he had body guards, fully equipped and with magic at their disposal and just as terrifying as Ogrul. He could tell they were different from the orcs he had fought earlier today. He cursed silently, he put the best smile he could on as he stared at them, anger flowing through his body.

"Hello, friends. You seem to have a friend of mine in your grasp. We mean no harm to your kingdom, or troops. We are not fighters though I carry sword for small bandits if the case may ever happen but only to scare them off if they are fidgety about fairies with weapons." He spoke directly to Ogrul. He had an aura that Marlok didn't like, he looked to Pirina worried about her more then him, though he didn't see this conversation going well. A fight was most likely to occur.

"Yes, you are correct," Strantham said as he followed Xugar, waving his hand as a signal to his men not to follow. As he entered the largest tent of all which stood in the camp, Strantham looked around in awe. Many large weapons and skulls of animals were dotted around the room, and he was quite impressed. "This must have been Ogrul's tent, right?" He then sighed as he took a seat. "Those orcs who we slew while breaching this camp only died because they spotted us and we feared they would raise the alarm if we let them live. That might have brought Ogrul's attention back to here and your chance to lead these orcs would disappear. I hope you can understand that." Strantham looked around the tent, until his eyes finally met with Xugar's. "As compensation, I will release all the orc prisoners in my care, of which there are almost a hundred, and station them here in three days' time to fight under your leadership. How does that sound?"

After catching the water in the palm of his hands and swallowing it in one gulp, Ares felt the second shockwave throw him aside, but not too far, and he didn't sustain any damage. He rolled in front of the male water fairy as the female one had stropped off somewhere. As he made his way back to take his seat against the tree, he yawned, his mind too exhausted to care about where that shockwave had blasted from. Sinking back into the tree's trunk, he spoke to the fairy, "Having some girl problems, eh?" He watched the fairy disappear into the trees, probably having not heard his question. Ares jumped to his feet, drawing his longsword, and followed after the fairy. I wonder where he's going.

While the orcs where fighting Zoku was going to the elf kingdom alone.
He knew that the elfs would be very low on fighters. He brought his carrier pigeon, his two trusty hand axes, a small supply of water and food enough for the night to get there and the night to get back and a crossbow with 50 bolts. "I'm finally here" Zoku whispered. He went to the side of the castle where there was a window open. "No orc can ever see what I will about to do for pride of my dead father, not even Ogrul." He dug his feet into the ground and
Jumped so high he could get to the top of the caslte. He did a barrel roll into the room and took out one of his axes. He scanned the room for any elves and found a man sleeping on a chair. Zoku went strait up to him and cut his head off clean. He then started to go throughout the halls killing all the elves he sees. "And that makes 54." He took out his other axe and walked to the throne room knowing that there would only be 3or4 guards protecting the queen so he barged right in. Right away he started killing the elves not even carrying about the lives. Then there was no one left except the queen. He put away his left hand axe and walked strait up to her seeing the fear in her eyes. He then slapped her twice and cut her face with a bolt.
He then went to the better torture he cut of here arm! He then got bored and killed her. Then more elves came into the room,to see their queen dead. "Run little boys" Zoku chuckled. They all blurted out of the room and ran from this castle. He went outside rote a note telling about what he has done and put it on the carrier pigeon. He let it go into the air and waited for a reply from Ogrul.

Knowing that there will still be elf families and will try to start a new kingdom he didn't care because Wright now he killed the elf queen, alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.