War journal max

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Rumor was ten thousand for the judge. The rest were easy kills, as we say. Thousand for each." I said, turning one last corner. "Judge was supposedly over one of the trials going for a mobster, was gonna have the guy locked away forever. Figured if he's dead, no more trail. Not far from the truth." I stopped at the street edge, looking at the old hotel. Justin could have afforded better, not much, but at least a little better. Still, nothing worse than this in town, so better than the stripper expected. "This is it, five-star hideaway under a one-star rating."

"I've seen these before." Ten k was a good amount but the man was innocent and no cost can pay for that blood. I dart across the street and stand outside the hotel, there's a kid with his mom and sister. The dads on his cell. I watch them as they walk the street " Daddy, I love you." The daughter says. But it's my daughter I hear and then I'm back there on that day. The day God decided not to show. I'm at a picnic , blue skies and sunshine. A gentle breeze. My wife, son, and daughter sitting on the grass with me having a meal. It was chicken wraps and potato chips the kids favorite. Then I head a shot followed by three more my wife went, I stood up, and fell down as five rounds struck me. My vision blurs I see my daughter and when she covers her insides that have popped out of her belly, the expression she gives isn't of a little girl anymore. I roll over and see my boy. I don't see an entry wound until his red turtle neck becomes darker. He was shot through the throat, drowning in his own blood. Before the military I want to be a priest but I didn't agree with some of the teachings. I should have died that day, I took enough bullets. But here I am still serving God, by doing what he won't. Coming back to the present I step inside the hotel. " do your thing." I tell Damien

Punisher's eyes said it all, and I looked away when he spoke again. Memories shone the brightest in the eyes of those who didn't want to remember. I didn't know his story, I didn't want to know his story, no one did. But I nodded lightly, an easy smirk on my face as I walked up to the counter. "Hey Grey, how've ya been?"
"Get out of here, Damien, before you burn the place down again." The overweight manager glared at me, but laughed and stuck out his hand, "Good seein' ya mate."
I took his hand, shaking one firmly and smiling. "Justin's here, I need to know where and who with."
"Now, Damien..." Grey said, shaking his head, "I can't just tell you that..."
"Which is why I plan on paying for the room." The yellow envelope slid across the counter and Grey took it, glancing inside, "For the next two days and the cleanup...and probably even repairs on the rest of the hotel too. You can make this joint a two star."
"You kidding, then I have to live up to higher standards..." Grey handed me a key, sticking the money in a hide-hole under the counter as he did. "Room number's on the key, don't tear the window out this time."
"Sure thing, Grey." I flipped the key into my palm before motioning for Punisher to follow me. I glanced at the number, third floor, room eight. I'd used that room myself, plenty of times. Reserved for folks like us, like most of the third floor. I glanced back at Punisher and said, "That's how I worked, I haven't done that in a long time."

For some time now there had been a heavy tale with eyes on the kid. And to the man behing the lense, the mere fact the punisher was now involved sweetened the pot. He tracked them from afar with hacking programs to start with. Then the shit hit the fan and the mark of the kid was down.

Blogger journal note 2020: I can see the greenhorn is fucking up. A LOT. He's new at this compared to the punisher. I can see they're buggin out. Maybe they'll go for-there they go for the old tunnels. Can't follow with the traffic cams...switching to pulse frequency monitor. Fuck, some half wit in spandex mustov set of an EMP in the region. Thank god for satelites. Ok they're in. I really oughta be paid more for this spy shit.

The man clicked off his personal recorder and then put it down in a brief. He moved his hands and adjusted pitch to his frequency until he could locate traces of the punisher, all the while he opened an encrypted file and read a docier on Frank Castle.

I didn't like it. Greasing the palms of people is how others get away with things. It was a crooked system but for right now, I needed it. When we left I was shutting it down. I followed him up the stairs. " it's something you should break and soon. Eventually there will be another guy who wants something or even you. These kinda guys turn you in for extra quick cash

"It's why I don't stay anywhere long." I said, looking back while heading up the stairs at the hall's end. "Besides, Grey raised me. I owe the guy more than that money I just gave him." I shrugged, thinking. "But that's the last time I'm paying off for something like this, I didn't plan on it this time, but it's easier to get the key than break the door down."

We came out on the third floor and I walked down to door eight, looking at Punisher before saying, "You wanna go in first or should I?" I offered the key, not really knowing what the guy wanted to do.

Elsewhere
"is everything set, soldier of God?" The priest asked a man on the street corner. The homless man nodded. " Does he know? The man on top. I want him to know it was me." The priest nodded. " he gives me the info and I pass it to you, who will pass it to others. Remember you may be homless but he has given you purpose and reward will follow at the end. Now go with God," the man gave a nod and headed down the streets to inform others. The priest went the other way with a smile.

Hotel

" he knows you, it's best you take the lead." I move beside the door, the man will think Damien is alone if he fails to get what we need then ill let myself be known.

"Well, tell me exactly what you want to know so I can ask the right questions." I said, looking at him and fiddling with the key absently. If all goes well, you come in and aim a gun at us both. Threaten me so that no one thinks I'm with you, then threaten him so he's scared off the streets."

The man behind the glass picked up his cell and dialed the priest.

blog note: It gets tiresome sometimes. All the waiting but occassionally you get lucky. I see you priest out in the vecinity of Frank. Ya don't pick up and things will go to shit.

He waited for two rings and then he would hang up

" what he knows about the others and who he's running info for. As for us being together your friend diwnstsirs already saw us. If you can pay him do can others. Now stop fucking with the keys we have work to do." I move to the side of the door and draw my gun waiting.

Elsewhere
A ring. " I told you never to contact me, He contacts he then I contact you. You have two minutes." After two minutes the pre-paid cell would be destroyed. The priest moved to a hotel and went to his room. There was work to do but not as a priest.

"Grey won't talk, money or no." I said, shrugging and flipping the key in my hand again. "You're choice, just don't do anything that'll get you killed." I could've cared less about me, if I died, my family would be let go. Hence why I didn't care. I lightly unlocked the door and went inside, turning my eyes to the window. "Best not even start, Justin, I gotta talk to you."
"Damien?! You're supposed to be dead." Justin said, sitting up in the bed. His girl didn't even come out of the bathroom, locked the door I think.
"Yea, well, not everything you hear is what you know. Now, let's talk..."

Then man behind the glass frowned at the discourtesy he receive. "Alright jman, listen up. I had eyes down there and you have a problem. The punisher has gotten involved with the situation. Word from our mutual contact in the upper spheres sent word that the kid targeting the judge needs to be dealt with."
He took a moment to light a cig and take a drag on it. "Now the judge is involved in some deep shit in more than one family. One the other hand he's also got ties tracing to a holdings co. in the Cayman isles that the man is following leads on. I need take care of that punk but I'm currently blind. Draw them out and ill wire you that I've been hiding from you since last Christmas."

Elsewhere the phone was hung up and tossed. Walking to a pay phone he dialed 911 " hello officer, I saw a man entering the hotel on tge south side the run down one, yes that one, a man fitting the discriptions of Castle entered it, yes please send help. God bless." Click the priest moved on

"Look, I don't know where the trio is, Ďáblova otrok." Justin said, causing me to look at him.
"I don't go by that name anymore, you f*cking know that." I flicked the gun at him, making him flinch. "I know you're lying too, so I'll make you a deal. Tell me what you know, and I won't kill your girl."
"Leave her out of this!"
"Then tell me what I want to know! My family's gone, Justin, so I have no qualms about killing her."
Justin shook his head, but finally spoke. "The Gruesome Three live over on Eighth Street now, the only blue house. The twins haven't been seen since they took your family and Kyle...last we heard was Kyle's in a hotel across town, you know the one." Justin looked at me again and I knew. I just didn't know why.
"What'd he do to get taken there?" I said, glancing at the digital clock. To long, we'd been here to long. I never stayed this long.
"No one knows, he's just there. Can you leave now?"
I looked at the door, saying, "That enough for you?"

I step out of the door way " stay off the streets kid, or one you'll run into me and I won't be lettin-" police sirens? No one knew we were except, " looks like your friend gave us up. Whst other ways do we have outta here?" I move to the window and pull the blinds lightly. Three squad cars, all packed. Twelve armed officers pull out their guns. One gets on a mega horn. And then I hear the helicopter.
"Frank Castle! We have the place surrounded. You have two minutes to surrender peaceably."
I have no grenades, nothing to damage the helicopter with. And the sewers don't run under the building old models like this use septic tanks and pipe water ways. However set this up was good

elsewhere
The priest entered the basement of an anbandoned church. Placing his cross on the table he switched on the news.
" this just in police have cornered the Punisher. Stay with us, as we bring you live coverage."
the man smiled

Shit, fuck, hell... I shook my head, looking out the window before thinking. I never let myself get worked up in situations like this, I could never afford to get worked up or I was as good as dead. "Grey wouldn't turn me in, he's a rat, but he'd never sink that low." I said, defending Grey. He wasn't a killer, just a slightly crooked hotel manager. But what hotel didn't have one? Least in this town.

"Give Justin your shirt, then yell out the window that your coming out peacefully." I said, slipping my jacket off.
"I am not going out there, Damien!" Justin said, shaking his head firmly. That pissed me off.
I was beside the guy in a second, thumb pressed into his windpipe and cutting off the oxygen going to him. "Listen, you little fucking bastard, I want you in that shirt, this jacket, and down those damn stairs. I haven't killed in a year, but don't think I've gone soft. You're record's clean and the boss will get you out of prison within the day. So shut up!"

I shoved him back against the wall and looked at Castle again. "There's an old speak easy under this hotel, it's not worth much and part of it's caved in, but it connects to the neighboring basement. We can cut out the back alley from there while they're busy with Justin."

The man watched on a screen panel behind him in a high rise building. It paid to have connection. He ground out the cig and with a few clicks and some clever java he had wired half a trust to the widows for orphans fund.

Blog note: That crazy fuck. At least he got the punishers attention. No matter, I'm all set up here in this shitty high rise slum.

He switched a few of toggles and and within moments he set up a remote sniper point. It was too easy to track a target when you set up the blind spots and had a working history of the mark. So he took careful aim, and using an electronic scope with thermals he took a shot at the punishers head.

" you really think that's going to fool them for a second? He dosent even look like me. Let him go besides," there's a small thump and I take a step to the left as a round passes my face. It actually grazes my face but not deep. Justin however takes it full force. I'm in a building the round didn't go through a window. Thermals had to get low I have a sorry that nullifies body heat signatures. " move now ! " I don't wait to see if he follows I rush down stairs and see armed swat rushing up the stairs. We had five minutes max and that was just to get below ground.

"Shit, now I'm defiantly dead!" Was all I said, following Castle out of the room and down the stairs. "Door to the speak easy is in the kitchen, by the oven. It's a trap door, can't even see it unless you know it's there." I smirked, thinking back, "And the old blueprints to this place burned years ago."

The thermal scans followed. But in the end the lead and concrete became a nusence.

Note: Holy fucking rabbit shit. They pulled a houdini. Guess there was a backdoor i didn't know about. But how did they find it? That dirt bag kids too young to know secrets like that. Frank? Maybe. At least I got someone. No witnesses.

His cell rang with a special jingle. It was the jackals handler.
"Go big daddy."

Status
Not open for further replies.