War For The North {In Character}

Status
Not open for further replies.
He shook his head and closed his book. "Moving on. I don't have any sons that I haven't exiled away. Only you, my beautiful daughter." He beamed proudly as he looked at her. "And as my daughter, you will be my successor. I know, it is a queer choice. But I want to know that you will be a skilled queen, at fighting I mean. as well as, I want to find you a suitable husband."

Well that was quite a unexpected topic change to say the least while she enjoyed her fathers compliments she didn't really liked the sound of finding a suitable husband "I... What?" she muttered "A husband? already?.. Heh if i had to guess i'd figured you already found me one and just decided to tell it to me now".

"When I was a young lad, I had conqured many a woman. Your mother didn't come until later though." He chuckled, rubbing his chin in thought. "I have a sutor for you. I decided I would tell you while we were already alone. He is a well known, and very cocky monster hunter."

Kascarde Da'Sionne
King Robert Polin's fleet

Kascarde sat in waiting, soon they would arrive, and eventually the minor dispute over land would escalate into a full blown war, rather than minor skirmishes. "We'll probably all die in the cold..." He began to mutter to himself before getting interrupted. He looked up seeing a familiar face.

"My, oh my. The mighty Mercenary isn't afraid of a little rabble is he?"

It was a man he had bumped into earlier. A pretty odd man, but he was a part of the royal guard so he couldn't be too bad Kascarde supposed. "You can't tell me you aren't shaken, friend." Kascarde replied. "If you aren't you're a madman."

The knight laughed to himself. "I've been in all of the recent skirmishes.. Of course I'm afraid." The man started stroking his beard. "Each time you enter war your survival rate drops by fifty, half." The knight leans against a wall. "I'dnt worry a bit about it though, a healthful lad like you could clearly take a few cuts, especially with the amount of armour you're wearing."

Kascarde put his head on his hand. "Aye. I doubt I'll die this early in my career anyways.. Of course that's as long as I keep my wits about me..." The knight agreed, wishing him luck, which was fairly odd to Kascarde since knights and mercenaries tend to have a bit of a complicated relationship. Kascarde went to the deck and looked toward Hemlock before they began to set sail.

"A monster hunter? interesting when may i meet this well known monster hunter then" she said grinning, grinning almost maliciously in fact "I'l have to see for my self if this man really is a suitable husband for me " she said with a small tinge of sarcasm in her voice.

"He is coming by today, actually." Polin said as he put the book back onto the shelf. "He has game to bring to me. He has a reward waiting for him. A thousand gold, to be even more clearer."

The Cold Woods, Just a Path Away From Tymriel​
Ser rouce sat on a single knee as he examined a set of large footprints. "Trolls." He said to himself as he smelt the foul scent of swamp in the air. He picked up his hammer which was beside him and stood up. He walked deeper into the wood, the air growing colder as he got deeper and closer to Tymriel. As he got closer, he heard the voices. The nasty slur of jibberish which was Trolltalk rang in the Hunter's ears. He was right behind them. He began to jog. Soon, he found himself on the path leading to Tymriel, the kingdome in sight. He was right behind the trolls. Four of them, booger green, covered in warts and only wearing a loin cloth. He smirked, and raised his hammer over his head.

, gold
8YsQ07Y.gif

Kristoff and Adrian were looking around the water, keeping an eye out for anything "suspicious." So far nothing out of the ordinary, Kristoff was getting bored he wanted to battle already. He hated the smell of orcs and the snootiness of the elves. Kristoff couldn't wait to see their heads side by side on his swords. He would bring them home as a trophy for every one in Hemlock to see. They would praise him. Just then something struck the boat, Kristoff and Adrian were on high alert now. "Hey! Everyone get your lazy asses together now!" Luckily this time it was nothing but a rock or some sorts. Seeing how some of the crew was getting tired; Adrian and Kristoff knew that the crew couldn't fight if they were tired. "Your Grace I think we should stop, maybe over towards that island...our crew can not fight if their more tired then a whore who worked 7 nights and 7 days non-stop." Kristoff wasn't the best when it came to manners, but he always got his point across anyway.

, purple
ZLVrs1Q.gif

The fairest beauty of all the lands, or so she thought she was; Trinita had just risen from a beautiful slumber. She had dreamed of being Queen of not only Tymriel but of all the lands. Trinita had big plans to win the heart of the Heir to the Tymriel Throne. Even if he was still married. No red blooded man could ever resist Trinita. Trinita walked out of her room and she went into the eating room. Her little brother Jon was playing with his pet pig Pou. "I really don't know why you bother with that scoundrel. He is going to be dinner anyway." Trinita's brother almost started to cry after she said that. "He is not, Jon don't believe Trinita she's just mean and bitter. As pretty as you our, your heart is as cold as the frozen winters." Trinita's older sister Reighton walked in the room, her gigantic bosoms actually came in the room first. "Well, well, well look who's trying to be nice." Trinita mimicked Reighton walk and body. She cupped her chest and started to wobble in the room. "Ha! Even Jon thinks I am funny. Any who I have to go do some errands of sorts." Both Reighton and Jon looked at Trinita suspiciously. The last time Trinita did some "errands" she almost got her self killed; but that is a different story for a different time. "Well don't get yourself into anything messy." Trinita barely listened to Reighton as she walked out of the mini castle.

Last edited:
"Great i can't wait to meet him" she said with again a tinge of sarcasm in her voice "If you need or have anything else to say i'l just be here reading books and perhaps i can find that certain book you were looking for while i'm at it".

[spacer]Before the rock had hit the boat, Robert was sitting at his round table, his sword on the bed. He was writing letters to his dearest wife, who had been deathly ill. Even the best healers couldn't seem to help her. He shook his head and sighed. He combed his beard with his stubby fingers. He dipped the quil in the ink, then the boat shook.[/spacer]
[spacer]"What the blazes was that?!" His voice boomed from his cabin. He nsheathed his long, straight sword, that curved at the very top, and left his cabin. "Next time something strikes this boat, albiet a rock or a sea whore, it dies." He stabbed his sword into the strong wood and listened to the request to dock. "Aye." He nodded. "Go find us a spot to weigh anchor. We rest, then on sunrise travel once again."[/spacer]

Bjarke slammed his wood axe down on the log he had set on a stump near his home, he looked at his son who was carrying more logs back to their home. The teenager had made his father proud in the previous months, he had slain a wolf on his own, he had already began constructing a pen for animals on the farm. Bjarke could not have been prouder, the boy was growing to be a good man.

"Colbourn," Bjarke said as he let the axe slip in his hand so that his grip was around the blade, "I am leaving for Tymriel tomorrow."

The boy walked to the stump and dropped the logs he was carrying, Bjarke gripped the back of his sons head and brought him into his arms and hugged him.

"You have done great things in the recent months, when I come back from Tymriel I will be returning with a sword and shield for you my son. Crafted by the finest blacksmith I can find."

"Thank you father," The boy said with a smile, "Why can I not come with you? I have not seen my uncle in several years, it would be an honor to see him again."

"You're still young, you will see him in time, perhaps you will follow in my footsteps and serve in his army. To fight and kill the enemies of our kin." Bjarke said with a smile as they entered their dwelling, his wife sat by the fire stirring a pot. Bjarke walked to her side and knelt, he put his hands near the flames and rubbed them together. He smiled and stood up kissing his wife on the cheek, he was a happy man and enjoyed his life, even when he fought the enemies of his people he was a happy man. He peered into the large pot and spotted bits of beef, carrots, lettuce, and slices of potatoes floating around. He sat next to his wife and put his right arm around her.

"Must you leave for the king?" She said leaning her head on his shoulder, "Perhaps you could stay here and help the boy with our pen?"

"My dearest I can only postpone it, and even so it is a mans duty to fight alongside his family and his king. Besides it has been long since the gods graced me to spill blood."

Eira stopped speaking and picked up one of the bowls from the floor, she tilted the pot over and poured steaming soup into the bowl. Bjarke grabbed it and found a wooden spoon on the table and stuck it in the thick soup, he called his son from the fire and pointed to the food. The boy sat at his fathers side as his wife brought over two more bowls, steam rising from each. She set one in front of Bjarke and one for herself. He grabbed a spoon and stuck it inside, he brought it to his lips and downed some of the piping hot soup. The warmth that fell down to his stomach brought a pained smile to his face. He blew on the bowl and began to scoop it into his mouth more and more. After dinner, Bjarke and Eira moved to their bedroom and their son in the common area.

The Next Day

Bjarke entered the castle of his dear cousin and shouted aloud, he wore his bear fur coat and his finest leathers with his armor on as well. He smiled and looked around playing with some of the guards weapons, he grabbed on of the guards' helmet and pulled it off his head. He tossed it in the air and caught it over his fist, the guard reached for it and Bjarke pulled it back. He brought it around his body and handed it back to the guard, he let out a hearty laugh and looked at a nearby carving and pondered at it for a bit.

[spacer]Rouce's horse pulled up to the led castle doors. Hanging from the horse's saddle was the brown sack of troll heads, two quivers of oak and steel arrows, a bow, a crossbow and a bag of several swords. Rouce tied up his horse to the castle gate and got up. He had his hammer on his back, and untied the bag of heads.[/spacer]
[spacer]Prince Polin was not in his throne room upon the arrival of his cousin, and his daughter's possible husband arrived. He was in the kitchen, looking through cabinets of poison, scratching his beardless chin.[/spacer]

As always Florina was in the library though she had found the book her father was looking for she wanted to read it but she'll save that for later for now she wanted to give the book to her father and she was making her way to the throne room where she would assume he's at.

Bjarke heard footsteps in the throne room and spotted his second cousin the kings daughter, he smiled and rushed over to her picking her up in his arms and spinning her around with a loud laugh. He smiled and set her down giving her a hug with another hearty laugh.

"Ah little cousin!" Bjarke said with a smile, "It has been far too long since last I saw you! You have grown, no longer are you the little creature I once bounced on my knee. I see you have adopted a more, combative personality."

He smiled up at her, she had simply grown taller than him and it was quite funny. He relished the days when she was young and easily moved around. He spotted a cutlass on her hip and chuckled at the image of her killing men in the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
[spacer]Ser Rouce slowly made his way into the throne room, admiring the beautiful stone walls that have been plastered in old historical paintings, and swords used in old wars. He thought about his hammer, and all the creatres he had killed with it. He found the solid gold doors of the throne room and slowly pushed it open. The room had red carpet, with a large golden throne in the centre of the room, a silver throne for the prince, and a copper throne for the princess.[/spacer]
"Gods...This room. It is outstanding."

She was bit surprised of this sudden greeting and just a little bit annoyed but was still quite happy about seeing her cousin again "And it's nice to see you again Bjarke how have you been doing these days? " she asked smiling back at him.

Bjarke noticed an arrogant young man enter the throne room and begin looking around, Bjarke chose to ignore him for now.

"I have been farely well, your cousin Colbourn has grown. He's becoming a fine young man, already killed a wolf by his lonesome and is helping me and his mother construct a pen for the animals we should be getting soon."

Bjarke turned away from his second cousin. He grimaced looking at the young man, he radiated cockiness. Bjarke watched him with his arms crossed and heard him speak.

"It is a throne room is it not?" Bjarke said cloaking his anger in a playful tone, "Would you expect a King to have anything else?"

He waited for the boy to say anything against his king and cousin, should he dare insult him there would be no pause in his fist swinging and the boys teeth shattering. He felt as though his arrogance practically asked for a fist to meet his jaw.

Last edited by a moderator:
"With all due respect." The hunter lied. "I do believe lord Polin is only the prince. When queen Tetra passes on, then he takes the throne." The man reminded him of a big, bulky ogre almostt. He's killed an ogre before. "Speaking of lord Polin, where might I find him? I have the heads of the monsters he asked me to obtain for him."

"Try not to be too arrogant and cocky Bjarke the last time i acted like that i nearly got a sword and a waraxe to the face" she whispered into her cousins ear chuckling a bit at the memory she then turned her attention to the hunter she stared at him for a few moments longer before whispering something into Bjarke's ear "Father told me he arranged me to meet a 'suitable husband' who was a well know monster hunter i think this is the guy".

Bjarke held back a growl at the young man, he truly would have killed the little brat had they been in open combat. And enjoyed watching his face slack when the axe fell through his neck. He blinked it off and refocused on the conversation at hand.

"Oh goody," Bjarke said his voice low enough for his second cousin to hear but not enough for the hunter, "Allow me to throw some shite his way."

He approached the hunter and stood about 3 feet away from him, "So you are the suitor for my fair cousin here, what exactly does one such as yourself bring to the table, especially to one such as her with royal blood."

He looked the man over and found himself utterly unimpressed, he circled the man, scrutinizing his posture, looking over the war hammer strapped to his back. He didnt find it exactly impressive, the battle hammer was a brunt force weapon, there was no skill to wielding it other than twirling it around and swinging it through the air.

"I see you prefer the battle hammer, as opposed to something useful, like an axe, or sword, or even a bow."

"I like to see heads cave in, and head the bones break." Ser Rouce internally groaned, making sure this brute didn't hear. "So this is my lovely bride to be? Hold my heads." He said as he handed the large man the sack in which he was holding. He walked up to the Prince's daughter and took her hand. "I am glad to be meeting you." He kissed her hand.

"Give the young man a break, you sound like an Elf picking between whores." Salem's voice came as he walked into the throne room, from the kitchen. "I believe he'll do well. You do not run things here."

Status
Not open for further replies.