War for Gods and Races

How much time is spent between every players posts?

• Some weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A month

• Several months

• A whole year

• A longer amount of time

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soo @Reno Lam you want to be in the middle of things huh? Beware armies passing through ^^

Alright! Beasts added! Might help explain where the silk comes from ;)

@Windstormugly
Well, no point being a trading country at the end of the world, no?
Besides, while it seems more often than otherwise from a first glance, being mostly desert with most major oases under our control means you might not want to fight a war here, seeing that we are definitely more useful alive than dead in terms of helping armies passing through. :p

Not to mention most of you will just use ships anyway, being isolated landmasses and all.

@Dedtoo
Great, now I now what there is to eat in your lands at least ;)

@Reno Lam
True that, unless you have something really valuable that only exist in that remote location.
Yes, we wont fight you as much as we will fight eachother for the refuge in your cities. And maybe some of us will hide ourselves in your desert O_o

Ships, dragons, giant Elks... huge earth-worms digging under the seas. The choices are many ^^

@Windstormugly

We probably do have, like the <spice> that I mentioned a bit but have yet to elaborate on it (it boosts magic and.or mental capacity at the expense of physical prowess and probably sanity), as well as some other generic valuables like gems from sand dragons. I think my race's stance on that is more to ensure that the price of conquering the land would be greater than whatever wealth you can extract from the land, even after counting all the taxes we will be having on them. :p

The core idea is probably that the desert is like a sea, with the oases islands: you are free to roam on it as much as you can, but if you do not want to deal with us one way or another, you better bring your own supply.

@Reno Lam
I like the way you are moving towards becoming a great trading nation, that will be crucial in making this become more than just a big list of troop-movements. And I like the <spice> so far, sanity is for weaklings xD
And that is the way your people should think.

You do have one big advantage over any race that tries to invade you, they cant burn your fields. As im guessing your race doesnt eat sand ^^

@Windstormugly

Well, personally I enjoy playing Diplomacy above Risk, if you know what I mean. :p

As for the <spice> thing, like everything else, we have special breeds that are essentially mages who have a weak, neotonic body and generally weak sanity since they are doped on <spice> before they are born. They are probably pretty good at spells, but they are few in numbers and tend to be difficult to replace (again, like many of our better units).

As for the burning-field thing, we know better and thus most major oases have cities that build around them, so the food and water source is always the last thing to fall to enemy hands. Apart from that, we also eat mushrooms that we grow in our underground catacombs, which tend to be difficult to access since digging holes in sands to try getting near it might be somewhat difficult. Essentially, we have mastered the way of surviving in the desert. Foreigners who are used to growing crops in the field simply cannot beat us in that regard.

I will be off soon, so leave any questions and suggestions regarding my race and gods here. :p

@Reno Lam
I certainly know what you mean, though I think I prefer risk ;)
Nice, good integration and connection of different parts of your race.
I shall make it a goal to get into those dungeons... most likely Ill just ask for a guided tour :D
Ill read your CS back and forth until I think I got everything I wonder.

@Windstormugly

Not dungeons. Catacombs, as in, places where we bury our dead bodies (usually after draining al their water and other essense). The life expectancy of the people, including <elf>, is deliberately made lower so that they probably have a stronger feeling for death and afterlife, which might lead to a rather prominent death worship even though the gods are not of death. I think a part of it can be seen in its extreme focus on heritage and family history: you will be dead several decades later, but your legacy will be carried on by future generations, immortalising you. Vice versa, you are nothing without your heritage, since there are only so much you can do with the short life of a <people>.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Reno Lam
Sorry, I still want that tour though ;)
That is one way to raise your peoples feelings of tradition and value of family. I like it.

Now if some more players could appear so I can widen the world with them and their lovely interesting races and cultures as well.

@Windstormugly

Supposedly they will give you that if you are on good terms with them. Alternatively, piss them off enough and you will probably end up in the catacomb for a prolonged stay as well.

@Reno Lam
I have a wandering god that will probably be ^^
I would suggest you make sure to burn their bodies in that case, and burn the ashes as well.
(this isnt nearly as fun when you cant read my CS. Why haent I finished it yet... oh right, it burned with RPG.)
It will be up in a day or two so you can read it if youd like to. Though I will probably be forced to make some more races if not more people join soon... Time for a banner I suppose xD

@Windstormugly

Gods are kinda hard to kill and stuff in a catacomb, though. And in most cases we would just banish whoever that is a pain in the arse. Desecrating the catacomb or messing with people's banners are probably among the few things that can get you killed. Instantly.

@Reno Lam
I meant if my ordinary troops decide to be a pebble in your shoe, (my god is a mortal for anyone meeting him).
Oh and regarding the Banner, I meant I will make a RP-banner to make more people interested in the RP ;)

@Windstormugly

Well, odds are they would be just throw outside our sandstone walls (or getting killed in the process) and call it a day. Like a sea, we also dump all our crap into the desert.

We also happen to have banners, one that details the history of your entire family dating back to the first <people> in some cases. So, not something you would want to mess with.

@Windstormugly
Hi. I'm the guy who asked questions about deities for two more races. One of which is properly made, and one of which probably has good of some more making. The guy who pretty much said he'd sign up more races if needed :P

@Reno Lam
Said like a true sandweller xD
Ill remember to be careful ;)

@Dedtoo
I know you, you have some really interesting races and gods. If needed I will ask you to use them as well, you can apply them in any case, Ill read them through ^^
(I dont want to make you play more than one race unless absolutely neccessary, because that is a thing that tends to make people either stop posting altogether, or at least get a bit crazy.)
But if you want to I wont stop you :D

I'll wait a bit before I do it, just to let other peeps have a chance. And if nobody else comes around, the Oricsh horde will ravage the lands from one end, the Zar'Che's mass of scales from another, and the... spider-people-that-I-can't-remember-the-name-of's skittering charge from another! :D

@Dedtoo
Ill make sure to fight you on three fronts if neccessary ^^

It will be interesting to see if people decide to have widely different races or if some are going to be more or less the same, last time, almost everyone had different things. Though some of the things that got accepted then will never make it through now. The animals of the forest are not viable as a race...

Last edited:
The animals of the forest isn't really just one race, now is it? Which is probably why it isn't accepted :p

I kinda fill that niche though, don't I? :o
Except being lizards of the swamp instead :3

Status
Not open for further replies.