War Against Werecats

Daniel passed on having seconds. "It was good, thank you," he told her with a smile, swallowing some the the aftertaste left on his tongue. He looked at her as she took the dishes, and mentally slapped himself for staring. Not only was she attractive, the flavour of her blood was probably tasty enough to cover up this taste of vegetables. Daniel never cared to attack people and bite them to pass on his curse, but did at times get those urges to reintroduce himself to the taste of human blood. It satiated a strange thirst he often times had; even this werecat had a violent side.

Regretfully, he got up from the couch and stretched out his muscles. There were loud noises from his joints popping, but they resulted into a good feeling. "I should let you be, now. It was nice to meet you, Catherine."

He gave a pleasant smile and walked over to the door where he'd put his shoes on, his hand holding onto the doorknob for support as he did so.

"It was nice to meet you, Daniel. Feel free to visit anytime." She said with a smile of her own as she walked him out. She thought a lot about him after he'd left, and returned to tidying up her home, not liking being still for too long. She made herself a cup of cinnamon tea, put the leftover stew in the refrigerator, then went to take a long hot shower, before dressing in clean clothes and plopping in front of the t.v. to play a Ps2 game. She took some good after school aggression out on Grand Theft Auto Vice City. For hours, she remained distracted by the video game. She liked having her own place. She did pretty much whatever she wanted on her own schedule. Didn't get much better for people like her.

Daniel didn't hesitate to flat out run back to his home in order to avoid more drenching. He raced through the city, not really getting any funny looks because people in Seattle ran away from the rain all of the time. He stopped in front of a lonely apartment building, which he opened the door to and ran inside to a door on the right hand side. It was the bottom floor to three stories, but he didn't mind it too much. His neighbours were fairly quiet since those annoying children and their parents finally moved out.

Once he got inside, the door was slammed shut and he shook his body, making a grunt as he did so. Honestly, he didn't care too much about cleanliness. It's not like he got his furniture wet or anything.

Some sadness balled up in his chest when he walked in. The couch wasn't comfortable like hers was, the walls were plain white, he had a tiny television, and all he had in his kitchen was a freezer of raw meat and a few dishes. The fridge only held a pitcher of water, so he wouldn't feel like it was completely empty. As for his bedroom, there was nothing but a bed, some clothes and a poster he got for free from a movie theatre.

Daniel tore off his soaked clothes and dropped them in a pile of laundry that needed to be done. All he cared to do was put on dry underwear, and then he laid across his uncomfortable couch. Something then came to mind: he forgot his cell phone. That thing didn't get used much, but it was nice for cases of emergency. All he had to pay for was minutes!

"Geh, fuck it..." he muttered. "I hate this couch anyway and it's not like I sleep."

To confirm that his phone was indeed missing, he leaped to his jeans and searched the pockets. Sure enough, all he found was his wallet. If he was lucky, he'd find an open window to her apartment so he could climb in, get the phone, then leave. As he stayed kneeling on the tan carpet, his flesh began to twist and his face grew longer, dangerously sharp teeth growing from the top and bottom of his mouth. Within seconds, he was sitting there in true form, his body covered with black fur. On his back was a giant scar in the shape of an 'X', which stopped the growth of fur. He still wore his boxer shorts, luckily not tearing them.

"I suppose this will be faster," he said to himself, his voice now deeper. Bright green eyes looked to his open window, which he jumped out of and began his journey back to Catherine's house. It didn't take very long to run through the city and locate the apartment building she lived in. He blended in well with the darkness of the night, so there weren't any passing civilians to catch the giant cat running through.

When he stopped at the apartment, he saw no open window. He rose from his four limbs and stood in a hunch-back position at the front door. What the hell was he supposed to do now? He couldn't just change back at her door in nothing but underwear!

With an annoyed grunt, he sat at her doorstep and knocked against the door with his head to see if she'd answer it. Witches were familiar with creatures like him, right? Maybe she'd invite him inside.

Blink blink, Catherine definitely heard something outside her door. She didn't have many visitors, ok , none really aside from today. She paused her game, wondering who could be knocking at her door. Okay, she had an active imagination at times, which often traced to the worst-case scenarios. Especially late at night. She almost didn't answer the door, pretending she'd be not home worked wonders. But an instinct led her to the front living room door of her apartment. It was then she realized she had seen Daniel's cellphone on the couch just before he left. She sighed in relief. Okay, it was just Daniel getting his cellphone back...

But when she opened the door, she actually saw instead a ginormous cat outside her door! she gasped in surprise, not having expected this at all! But seeing how still the cat sat, she didn't think this was normal for cat behavior. "Eh... a kitty outside my door? You look a lot like a panther really..I've never seen such pretty fur." She said, stepping aside to let the cat inside. "You can come in, kitty. Just no clawing my furniture please." She was even nice enough to get a bowl of milk for the kitty to drink, along with a plate of raw hamburger meat, just a little. "I've never had a pet before...." She said closing the front door and placing the cell phone on the coffee table in case Daniel showed up just then! What a weird night! Good thing she was used to the weird stuff.

It confused him that she just outright opened the door and called him a kitty. Daniel was certainly not some pussycat! He was a monster, yet she invited him inside and talked about how she's never had a pet before. Adoring as that was, Daniel was to be nobody's pet. He was his own man, he didn't need anyone to take care of him.

He was sitting in her home, easily the biggest thing that was here now. Had he not been in this form, there would be a lack of amusement on his face. As she set down some milk and meat, he lowered himself to give each a whiff. The milk wasn't very interesting to him, but he did devour the hunk of raw meat she laid out. It was gone in a matter of seconds, red liquid dripping down his fangs since it wasn't washed off before being given to him. Not that he minded; blood was a liked flavour.

His eyes darted to where she set down the cell phone. Very quietly, he crept to the coffee table and opened his mouth to take it into his mouth. Just when he was about to clamp his jaw around it, a voice went 'No stop, you'll break it, stupid.' If not that, he might just swallow it...

With a grunt, he shut his mouth and put a ginormous paw on the table to slide it into the padded palm he had.

Catherine watched the large cat trying to take the cellphone with him. "That's Daniel's cell phone, Mr. Cat. Shall we take it back to his place together?" She asked, reaching for the phone and scratching lightly just behind his left ear at the same time. She didn't mind going to Daniel's house, maybe this was an exotic pet of his who knew the way? It was a stretch.. but eh... so was most of her life experience. She started walking to her front door, grabbing a light jacket. "Well, if you belong to Daniel you'll have to show me his place," She said letting the cat go first. Boy was she in for a huge shock....~

'...what!?'

The werecat made a snort of amusement as she took the cellphone from him and offered to carry it to his house. Did she not realize that he was Daniel? Perhaps, not all Witches could see through a person for what they truly were. Or, maybe she was and chose not to. Daniel did have barriers up in his mind that blocked the warm touch of others so that they wouldn't see who and what he was.

He decided to just go along with it and walked outside when she opened the door. Instead of walking on his two feet, he kept his awkward crawling position as he strolled. Daniel also resisted speaking, since she was mistaking him for a pet or some weird friend right now. If he tried, maybe he could get his phone back without bringing her into his home.

Catherine almost had the sense the cat was laughing at her, but oh well. She studied him as they walked, keeping the phone securely in her jacket pocket. She had a feeling they were almost to Daniel's and yes, it felt weiiird to be walking a cat this size back to his owner....... But the other funny feeling was she wasn't quite sure she knew Daniel even had a cat. He hadn't mentioned anything about pets. Still they had- only spent a few hours together, and not much information was passed between them. . . Hmm.. somewhere, someone was probably laughing their head off at her.

Daniel stayed beside her, doing his best not to take those giants steps ahead of her. She seemed so small and vulnerable compared to his true form... Of course, Catherine wasn't entirely helpless. She could use water as a weapon; he knew that much. As long as she didn't use that on him, they could remain good friends. His kind didn't take too friendly to magic.

Along the way, he got closer to the sidewalk and nudged against her hand with his head. Earlier, when she scratched his ear, it felt amazingly good. Maybe inviting her in was a good idea after all, so as long as he could get more attention from her. It had been too long since he felt the tender touch of a woman. He had to leave his mate behind when he betrayed his clan, and since meeting Catherine, he's been reminded of how much he missed her.

A soft humming could be heard as he nuzzled her hand, a giant tongue even peeking out to lick at her fingers.

Catherine smiled at the cat, instantly petting him gently on his head, admiring how soft his fur was. "You sure are sweet for a cat so tall," She said, lightly scratching under his chin as well. She didn't mind being with the cat, he was perfectly friendly and seemed to just like a lot of petting. "Tell you what, lead me to your owner's place, and I'll wait with you to give him the cellphone, ok?" She offered, still petting him as they walked. She felt more at ease.

Daniel felt like he was stepping into Heaven as she tended to his head with those lovely fingers. Embarrassing as it was, he was purring. She didn't seem to mind his image, or... Anything, really. She was the first person to not even show a little sign she was intimidated by him.

Not all good things lasted, though.

The werecat stopped and set a paw on the ground in front of her so she'd stop walking. His hair was standing up, his nose scrunching as he growled. There was something, or rather someone, foul nearby. Someone he was most definitely unhappy to see.

avapeaceful1-1.png

A man landed in front of them, seemingly out of nowhere. He had been spying on the two and not liking what he's been seeing. Even though Daniel was a banished member of the clan, seeing him socialize with this witch bothered him. He seemed to laugh at Daniel as the transformed werecat defended the girl in a threatening attack stance.

This was another werecat, in fact. He was the leader of the clan Daniel was once part of; he was the man responsible for the ugly marks on Daniel's back. This one went by the name of Winston, whom was also responsible for this mindless war going on against the humans. There was no creature more hateful towards people.

"Danny boy! Whatcha doin' here with this...thing?" he asked, his voice as grim as his smile.

"Leave, Winston..." Daniel growled.

Ah-oh... What had Catherine gotten involved with...? Seeing the transformation made her eyes widen, but only for a split second. She could deal with anything supernatural that headed her way. She didn't however, like the fact that this obvious were cat, was being threatened or bullied. She may not have known Daniel had been a were cat, but right away she knew this other guy was a complete asshole. Her palms itched. She wondered if she was going to have to blast this guy with a watery tidal wave soon, or if she'd get a chance!

"She's kind. She doesn't hold grudges against us," Daniel said deeply as he took some steps closer to the man threatening them. One of the many reasons why he hated Winston was for his lack of acceptance towards anything that wasn't a werecat. Particularly, witches and anything else that could cast spells were targeted by him. It simply wasn't fair.

"Do you think I care?" Winston asked, holding up a hand with sharp nails. He didn't even bother fully transforming; his arrogance wasn't always a fault. When Daniel lunged for him, he moved to the side surprisingly quick. He jumped for Daniel's face and swiped across his cheek with those sturdy nails, causing four markings to bleed.

To Daniel's dismay, the clan's leader bested him in just about everything. If he remembered correctly, Winston was even a bigger, stronger werecat. He stood there roaring as his cheek bled, then looked to Winston as he slashed Catherine across the arm. If he knew his ex-friend, he would try to bite her!

Before he could do anymore damage, Daniel pounced on Winston and knocked Catherine to the side with his tail so she'd be out of this evil creature's reach. "Leave..." he hissed to her.

Catherine went down hard, her arm gushing a lot of blood. But seeing Daniel's injured face, she shook her head with absolute stubborness she was well known at school and work for sometimes. "No, you'll need help this time." She growled back. She stood to her feet, ignoring the fact her arm looked like it had been shredded by a chainsaw, and pointed a palm straight for the huge were-cat named Winston. She felt the air pick up around them, and out of seemingly nowhere, a sphere of cold water formed in her palm, sending off an enormous blast of freezing tidal wave for the enemy. She knew she was taking a big chance, but it was a lot more effective than a weak squirt bottle, that was for sure.The tidal wave slammed against Winston, carrying him far away from Daniel and herself! It wouldn't drown such a huge person, but it definitely got him out of their hair.

There she went again with the water. When he detected that orb forming at her palm, he moved away from Winston and watched with awe as he was carried away in the water. That poor fellow's clothes were now soaked; hell, all of him was soaked! The werecat snickered as she sat, making a devilish grin as his foe was sent away by the element their kind hated the most. Winston was angry, barking out as many curse words that came to mind. What alarmed Daniel was when he shouted:

'I will kill her, Danny. I swear it!'

Daniel snorted and backed up to where Catherine was, staring at the bloody wound on her arm. His ears drooped and his tongue couldn't help but lick over the damage. It came naturally, since that's how he and other werecats tended to each others wounds. They might have been a nasty, scary looking bunch, but they were ginger when the time called for it.

His head nudged at her side after he put a layer of his saliva on her arm. That would help stop the bleeding for now; feline saliva was like a bandage. Daniel felt like he definitely needed to take her to his home now, for proper medical treatment.

"Thanks, Daniel. I sure was surprised to see were-cats... but I guess not -that- surprised." She admitted, petting him again while she walked onward towards his house. "I should give you the cell phone and let you walk back home... I'm sure you're exhausted," She said thinking she might make it to her own apartment. But she wasn't entirely sure. Though the wound had stopped bleeding, she felt dizzy and fatigued. She was swaying on her feet from more than just the injury on her arm, though that would have been enough to shock anyone. The next moment, she pitched forward, completely unconscious and falling at fast speed, towards the ground. She had used a -lot- of energy that night!

Even though she said she'd be fine, he could sense the exhaustion that was consuming her. Daniel watched as she began to lose her balance, then her body aimed forward for the sidewalk. So that she'd be spared more injuries, he extended one of his arms to catch her in his massive paw. He was intrigued by her tiny body; he was such a hulk compared to her.

The unconscious Catherine was then cradled in his single arm as he rose to his hind feet. He couldn't move as quickly this way, but didn't trust himself putting a knocked out girl on his back. She would very likely fall off and crash land!

Luckily, his apartment was only about a block away now. The beast moved as swiftly as he was able, until he stopped, realizing they'd have to enter through the window. Daniel's door was locked since he exited his apartment through a window in the first place. No matter... He could accomplish getting there with just one hand, right?

Spotting the open window, Daniel squatted to the ground so he'd have the needed boost to get in the air. He grunted when he bounced upward, his arm extending out so he could latch onto the windowsill. Using that, he pulled himself into the bedroom of his apartment, landing on his feet with the woman still safely in his hold.

"Awake yet?" asked his throaty voice.

Catherine woke up then, but she was dizzy still, and so tired.."Yep.. I think so. Thanks, for catching me back there." She said, looking around the plain apartment. She could read so much just by looking around, it made her heart go out to him instinctively. She knew what being alone all the time meant. "So, that man back there. . .how does he know you?" She asked, staring in his eyes. She had a feeling she was about to learn a lot tonight that would normally tell any smart person to run away. But though she was a witch, she didn't claim to be a genius, just too much of a helpful person for her own good.

Daniel looked down at the girl he held. She was already awake and asking questions... It made sense, he supposed. Catherine just got involved with something he would have rather avoided. He felt ashamed for endangering her like this!

"Winston. He's the leader of my clan. Or... When I used to be in the clan, I guess."

The werecat's form slowly shrunk so he could be more useful when tending to her wound. He also needed to patch up his face; there would be some interrogating at work tomorrow. If he was lucky, some saps that felt sorry for him would give tips. That thought made him smile inwardly.

Daniel now stood by the bed in nothing but his boxer shorts, but didn't care. Blood was dripping down a side of his face, however he didn't seem too hurt by it. Worse had happened; the marks on his back presented a perfect example of that. "I think I have some medical supplies hiding somewhere..." he told her, his voice back to its gentle, bass tone.

The man disappeared into the bathroom where there was a white box filled with rarely used bandages and the like. He returned to her with it, then asked, "Do...you happen to have any experience with stuff like this?" Because honestly, he didn't.

Catherine gave a small smile as she watched him holding the white box awkwardly in his hands. "Yes. I learned plenty of times to patch up injuries," She assured him, taking the box expertly, and tending to his injured cheek first, adding a little water from her own finger tips to wash the worst of the dirt. She was careful with the temperature of the water, since he already hated getting wet too often. She next took out the peroxide and a few cotton-balls, dabbing carefully at the scratches until the foaming stopped. She put a large bandage over his injury, just so he could keep it protected for a day or so. "Keep the bandage on that cheek for at least 2 days. Then you can remove it, peroxide it again and let it breathe a bit." She got out the gauze bandages for her arm and handed him the bottle of peroxide. "Ok... just apply the peroxide to the entire arm, we may need a sink for this part..." She was bracing herself because frankly she knew this part would hurt like hell. She led Daniel over to his kitchen sink, holding her arm out, which still looked pretty nasty with shredded claw marks from her shoulder blade to her wrist, and kept it over the sink, silently counting to herself.