Wanted: RP Partner Who Enjoys Thrills, Chills, Piña Coladas, Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aerem

Original poster
Hi there. You don't know me. That isn't your fault. I just joined here today. It's okay.

I forgive you.

My name is Aerem and I'm a long time roleplayer of both forums and tabletops who is looking to wet his literary whistle with some good and gritty roleplays. I prefer to ground in my RPing in realism, and when I say realism, that doesn't exclude fantasy, sci-fi, or anything really. It just means that I'm not usually one for a group of amazingly talented 18-21 year olds who just so happen to be chosen to save the world with their newly granted incredible powers and their uniqute and interesting names. I've roleplayed everything from a quadriplegic former fighter pilot from India to an agendered robot who are coming to terms with sexuality and the deadly AI construct it accidentally found. From an 80 year old South African bush hunters who got caught on the wrong side of the apocolypse to an orc magician and cartel agent winding her way through Tamriel with stolen relics and a confusing past.

Suffice to say I value originality and novelty above all else, and I have a penchant for writing too much (sorry for party rocking). I like different ages coming together in unconventional ways, dark magic with twisted consequences and costs, and hidden tremors in the fabric of reality no mortal should ever pull on; these are the things I'm talking about. I'm an unconventionalist looking for someone to rock a good and lengthy 1x1 with. I don't have any ideas for what it would be; I usually build off of the interests of another person and let things happen organically. But just to give a clue as to my personal tastes, here are a few of my favorite things:
  • Pirates
  • Sherlock
  • Hannibal
  • Steampunk
  • Nonstandard Romances
  • Inception
  • D&D
  • Pirates
  • Mythology (Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Chinese, don't matter)
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Legend of Zelda
  • Jason Bourne
  • Unicorns n' shit
  • Hockey
  • Adventure Time
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Pirates
  • Order of the Stick
  • Penny Arcade
  • Pokémon
  • Minecraft
  • Portal
  • Scott Pilgrim
  • All the Bioshock
  • Fight Club
  • Workaholics
  • Ninjas
  • Knights
  • Nights
  • Pirate Knights
  • Night Pirates
  • Night Knight Pirates
  • Rain
  • Game of Thrones
  • Invader Zim
  • Pacific Rim
  • Avatar the Last Airbender and it's subsequent stuff
  • Archer
  • Firefly
  • SOMA
  • Alien (the movie franchise)
  • Aliens (the sci-fi horrors)
  • Marvel Comics
  • Batman
  • Political Simulators
  • Welcome to Night Vale
  • The cinematic works of Guy Ritchie
  • SPACE!!!
  • Space Pirates
  • Serial Killers
  • Code Geass
  • Adult Swim stuff
  • Insanity
  • Philosophy
  • Rap
  • Breaking Bad
  • Movies about gladiators
  • Douglas Adams
  • Patrick Rothfuss
  • Intensely disturbing and psychologically thrilling epochs from which you do not return from the same as you were
  • Pirates!
Anyways, hit me up and let's do this thang~

^_^

Reactions: Minibit
I'll do something Marvel related with you.

Hmm, nonstandard romance and serial killers/pirates seems like a nice combo. Maybe with a touch of Intensely disturbing and psychologically thrilling epochs

I'll do something Marvel related with you.
Are you wanting to stay in Loki/Asgard territory or looking to explore other heroes?

Hmm, nonstandard romance and serial killers/pirates seems like a nice combo. Maybe with a touch of Intensely disturbing and psychologically thrilling epochs
I figured that'd get some bites. ^_^ You wanna hit me up with a PM for what your views on nonstandard are and we can talk more?

Mostly Loki/Asgard territory but I do have an OC I can use if you'd rather explore the other worlds.

I would love to RP with you ^^

These ones caught my interest XP

•Mythology (Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Chinese, don't matter)
•Assassin's Creed
•Scott Pilgrim
•Pacific Rim
•Avatar the Last Airbender and it's subsequent stuff
•Archer
• maybe pirates

I've had this idea for a while involving pirates and cosmic horror. Combine the Cthulhu mythos with old sailor superstitions and then we play the crew members of a cursed ship during the golden age of piracy. I'm not sure how well it'd work out as a role play honestly as it doesn't really have much in the way of overarching story. It would essentially be a series of short horror stories that would usually end in our characters gruesome death.

Any chance you wanna give it a shot though?

Hello person I don't know. I think I'd like to RP with you. I saw quite a few things in your list that I like too (though I don't ever do cannon, it is nice to see similar tastes). Your explanations of what you are looking for in a story resonated with me and had me grinning. So if your dance card is not too full please let me know and I'll drop you a PM. If you like, you can check out my resume for my preferences (there is a writing sample there as well) and you can peruse my recent posts for more of my work. I hope to hear from you, but regardless, I wish you many great RPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.