Wanderlust

[DASH=teal]Gabriel seemed happy to teach her how to ballroom dance, and she had no idea what to expect. Sure she had seen Keza ballroom dance by herself but she didn't know that the man's hand was meant to be on her waist, her hand on his shoulder, and their free hands together. It was almost as if they were embracing, but their bodies had a distance between them. Now he was attempting to teach her the proper pose, it was like trying to make a leaf stand like a tree. It was difficult but Gabriel had practiced for many years, and under his guidance she learned quickly.

The steps didn't make much sense to her, and through a few errors and apologies for stepping on his feet, she eventually got it down. Slowly they made a circle around the fire, picking up the pace just slightly, pretty soon her feet just moved on their own. Azalea looked up, finding herself once again trapped by those emerald orbs of his. They continued to dance until the song ended, and even then their feet had stopped moving but they remained in position, perhaps a little closer than how they started. Azalea smiled as she stood there with him, feeling a slight tug at her heart before he reluctantly letting her go and taking a bow. Azalea attempted a curtsy, but probably wasn't as graceful as those who had practiced for years.

"No, Sir, you see the pleasure is all mine."
Azalea joked, mimicking her sister Keza's usual tone but it just made her sound silly. Azalea took a step closer to him, just a normal distance not too close, just enough. "I'm really glad you came, it's been the most fun I've had in a while." She admitted, smiling a little shyly. She hadn't noticed but one of the other guests who seemed to have indulged in just a bit too much dandelion wine was losing his balance behind her and stumbled back into Azalea, knocking her forward and in turn knowing Gabriel down with her.

The two landed back under the shadow of a tree, just far enough from the camp fire that no one would really notice them. Azalea's heart raced as she realized she was on top of him. "S-sorry!" She stammer out, pushing herself up with her arms that were just above each of Gabriel's shoulders. The tree swayed in the breeze and moonlight fell through the leaves, lighting up just enough of his face. Azalea found herself unable to move and without really thinking she gently placed a hand upon the man's cheek, her black hair dangling down between them.[/DASH]

( Shove characters into romantically awkward scene! I REGRET NOTHING! >:D )

He smiled widely at her curtsy. It was not the best but it was good enough for him. The good thing about people is that they are imperfect. If everyone in the wide world was perfect then why were they all here in the first place. It didn't matter...it was cute and he was glad she attempted to curtsy for him. Then she jokingly said the pleasure was hers and he smirked. His smirk faded into a happy smile as she told him she was glad he came. He was glad he came too...now he never wanted to leave. Gabriel wanted to stay where he felt happy...but he knew that all to fast he would have to return to the castle. Then she shyly admitted it was the most fun she had, had in a long time. He sighed a content sigh then looked up at the moon before returning to her gaze.

"Me too...Being rich isn't all it's cracked up to be. I've seen people who have next to nothing and are happier than I ever was. I never understood but My money aside...now I understand. You don't need money to be happy. Only wish my parents had raised me with that knowladge."

He looked over just in time to see a drunken man stumble towards them, stumbling into Azalea. She in turn was pushed into him and they were knocked under the shadow of a tree. The tree being far enough away from the campfire the no one had noticed the two who had been knocked down. Gabriel squeezed his eyes shut as he hit the ground. When he opened them she was laying right on top of him. He felt her heart rate increase in her chest and his did the same, his face erupting in bright red blush. She stammered an apology, trying to push herself off of him, but it was to no avail. Her arms remained just above his shoulders. The prince's body froze underneath her weight. She wasn't heavy at all it was just the fact of having her ontop of him that shattered his cool and calm persona. The wind swayed the tree and the bright moonlight lit up her face in a striking way.

Then she moved a hand and placed it on his cheek, her long black hair dangled down like a dark silky shade. Blocking the rest of the world out from the situation occuring here. He then, without thinking too much about it, reached up and caressed her cheek with his hand gently. He just stared into her eyes, really studying her facial features. Without realizing it gently stroked her face with his thumb. He spoke...words just ebbing off his lips. Now Gabriel had no control of what he was saying...his mind was all to eager to let her know what he was thinking.

"I've been sought after by many girls...for my money but In all my time I"ve never seen a more beautiful woman than you..."

His tone was sincere...he meant what he said.

[DASH=teal]Azalea smiled happily as Gabriel told her he was enjoying himself as well. He looked up to the full moon as he explained that he now understood that you don't need money to be happy, and wished he would have been raised like that. Being an orphan with nothing usually made them a bit greedy growing up, just as Papina had said yesterday about how nice it would be to marry a man with heavy pockets. Somehow Azalea had always thought different, that money was not the top priority and that love was more important than anything. Perhaps it was simply reading too much into fairy tales, but Azalea never felt that wealth determined anything when it came to who she was attracted to. Just like Gabriel. She was not attracted to him by his hefty tips, she was attracted to him by his kind words and his warm smile, not to mention he was very handsome.

That was all before the fall, where Azalea's mind completely shut down and she found herself trapped, once again, in his piercing emerald stare. For the life of her she could not take her eyes off his, and without realizing it she had gently placed her hand on his cheek, completely and utterly lost in the moment. After a few moments Gabriel's hand slowly found her cheek, his eyes studying her features. Her heart felt like it was going to beat it way out of her chest, and then he went and told her out of all the women he's ever met, she was the most beautiful of all. Usually, some part of her would have doubted that, but the tone of his voice was sincere and she couldn't do anything but believe him.

It was then that her thoughts came rushing back to her, every thought conflicting itself with the next until it was like a beehive in her head. Gently, Gabriel's thumb rubbed her cheek and she closed her eyes for just a moment, taking it in. "This... is probably a bad idea." Azalea whispered, staring into his eyes. "But I don't care." With that Azalea slowly lowered herself until their lips met. The kiss was gently, hesitant, and only lasted for a moment but it was enough to send butterflies through her stomach.[/DASH]

His head was spinning. Here he was laying underneath this beautiful gypsy woman, his hand on her cheek. Gabriel couldn't stop the words that came out of his mouth. He meant to call her the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. But the young prince did not mean for her to hear it...yet. Something about this made his heart beat uncontrolably. As he touched her cheek and gently stroked it she closed her eyes. It was as if she was taking it all in. He was too...this was probably the first and last time that he would be this happy being close to a woman. His father was pushing him to marry soon, insisting that he wasn't getting any younger. Gabriel knew the life of a gypsy...they moved on from town to town; never staying in any one place too long. To fall in love with this gypsy woman was a taboo to the royals and unfair to himself. It practically broke his heart that he would have to let her go...

Then he heard her speak...saying that what she was about to do was probably a bad idea. Then she leaned forwards until thier lips touched. Her lips were warm...soft...gentle but hesitant. He savored it...her kiss though just momentary was intoxicating. If he had fallen drunk he could not be more intoxicated with her kiss. Every part of him screamed he wanted more of that sweet kiss but the rational part of him was scolding him for wanting that. She was right...it wasn't a good idea but that didn't mean it didn't feel good. Gabriel looked up at her as she pulled away. He fought off the rational part of his mind and leaned up enough to catch her lips again. Gabriel slid his free hand up into her hair as he pulled her into the kiss. His lips were gentle and sincere against hers. This was all he wanted now...his next kiss would be to a woman he didn't care for. This romance forbidden by royalty was the only romance he wanted...the only true romance he would have. After a little while he pulled away and just looked up at her, gently, lovingly, combing his fingers though her long, black, silky hair. He smiled gently at her.

"I feel...so..happy...so lucky...thank you Azalea...thank you for everything...this is the night of my life..."

[DASH=teal]The first kiss was magical, her stomach giving way to butterflies and she savored the wonderfully gentle feeling of his warm lips. This was something she could very easily get addicted to, her own personal drug, and it was dangerous. The kiss felt so right, and she never wanted to break away but she forced herself to, unsure of if Gabriel had the same reaction she had. Blush crept onto her cheeks, embarrassed that she had done something so rash. "I'm sor-" Azalea moved to apologize for her actions when the young man lifted himself to find her lips again, his free hand slipping behind her head and into her hair.

This second kiss would last much longer, and wasn't so hesitant as it was passionate, almost as if Gabriel was clinging to it for dear life. This kiss set off a burning sensation in her chest, a fire sparked to life that she would find would never go out. The kiss continued as she placed her free hand onto his chest, over his heart, now only using abdominal muscles to keep from putting all her weight on him. She felt his nervous heart beat under her hand, and it was enough to make her cry. Azalea had finally found a man she did not feel worthy of, but wanted him no matter what. The thing that was crushing her now was that tomorrow afternoon they would be leaving, and it was possible that she would never see him again. Nothing had made her so happy and so sad at the same time in her entire life.

After what felt like an eternity the kiss was broken, and the two were left staring hopelessly at each other. His eyes gazed into hers lovingly, longingly, as his hand played with her hair, the other still rest on her cheek. Gabriel spoke gently to her, thanking her, and saying that this was the night of his life. Azalea could no longer fight back tears, they filled her eyes but she did not dare let them fall. She lifted her hand away from his chest and placed it on top of the hand he had on her cheek. "I will never forget you, as long as I live." She whispered, "But we still have another hour." Azalea offered him a smile, turning her head toward his hand and planted a small kiss on his palm. Finally Azalea rolled off of him and sat up, seeing that the dancing had ended and Keza and her fans were getting wasted.

Instead of getting up and rejoining the party, Azalea scooted closer to Gabriel, their spot under the tree that kept all their secrets hidden, and now from this spot they could see the full moon in the clear sky. Azalea had no intention of getting drunk on dandelion wine, the only thing she wanted to do was spent as much time as possible with Gabriel before they both knew they had to split ways.[/DASH]

As the young prince gazed up into her soft eyes and gently combed his fingers though her hair tears formed in her eyes. Though they did not fall. Gabriel enjoying the weight of her hand against his chest but she pulled away, placing her hand on top of his on his cheek. His smile turned into a sad one before taking the hand from her hair and gently wiping away her tears. He then returned to combing though her hair with his fingers. It almost brought tears to his eyes as she told him that she would never forget him as long as she lived. She then old him they had atleast one more hour. One more hour...it was tragic. It pained him...he wanted to stay with her. I felt like he only had an hour to live...

Azalea kissed his palm and his heart fluttered. It seemed that just her touch was enough to make his heart flutter in his chest. If it wern't for the fact that he would have to leave her in an hours time...Gabriel would have been the happiest man on the face of this planet. She offered him a smile and then rolled off him, sitting up. She looked off into the party, examining what was going on. He from where he was could tell that Keza and her fans were getting drunk. For a time he feared she would get up and leave him. Leave him to rejoin the party. Leave him to lay here and regain strength to his limps after that kiss. But instead she scooted closer to him, staying by his side.

He looked up at the moon, studying its features almost as closely as he had studied Azalea's facial features. It was a lovely full-moon. All his life Gabriel had been shut off from the outside world. He had seen the moon from his bedroom window but never like this...It was amazing. He was amazed how something so simple could be so...fascinating. He looked back over at Azalea before his eyes started to feel a bit heavy.

"Where are you going to go from here...?" He asked. "What are you going to do?"

His eyes met with hers and and waited for her awnser. Gabriel would listen to what she would say. They would stay there and talk till the hour slowly winded down. He then stood slowly then looked at Azalea. Gabriel leaned in and placed one more gentle kiss on her lips.

"Farewell Azalea...Thank you for your time. Thank you for the Kiss and the beautiful dances. You are a wonderful person. I hope you are happy for the rest of your life."

With that he turned on his heel and went back over towards the fire, picking up the hooded cape. Slowly he put it on and put the hood over his head. Without looking back he wondered off to find where Ivan was...probably with Papina. It would be painful to tear his brother away from the young blonde gypsy but they were leaving tomorrow and Ivan had to go back to the castle.

[DASH=teal]Only one hour left, simply sixty minutes when she felt she could devote a month to nothing but him. It was saying something for a woman of her lifestyle, always traveling, exploring, meeting new people. Never in her life had anyone ever left an impression like he did on her. Azalea wanted to know everything about him, what his favorite color was, which season he disliked. She wanted to deal with him on his bad days and be there for him when he was ill. Azalea wanted to learn each and every one of his flaws and still fall madly in love with him... It was all just wishful thinking by a hopeless romantic, and Azalea knew that this very well might be the last time she would ever see him. Her heart hurt with just that thought but she wouldn't let herself be sad while he was still here.

After a while Gabriel asked where she would be going and what she would be doing, and she smiled back to him with a slight shrug. "Just move onto the next town and dance like always. Just try to make a living." She replied, picking a flower from the ground and twirling in around between her fingers. The two of them savored the hour together, just talking and enjoying each other's company, knowing that really anything more than that would make the parting all that more painful. As the hour came and went, the two stood up from the shadow of the tree, their tree, and looked sadly to one another. Gabriel leaned in and stole another soft kiss from her lips, very brief but lasting, her lips still tingling with the sensation.

The emerald eyed man gave her a farewell, thanking her for everything and wishing her a happy life. "Thank you for everything, Gabriel. I hope that bracelet serves you well, please take care." Azalea offered him a smile as he gathered his cloak and went off in search of Ivan. Once he left her sight, the smile faded from her face and replaced itself with a sad frown. Tomorrow this would all just feel like a dream, and maybe that's all it really was.

Little did either of them know their younger siblings had already been spilling secrets, Ivan could not keep from Papina that he was actually a prince, and Papina could not keep from him that she was actually just an orphan and Azalea and the others were not actually related. But no one knew exactly what was going to happen the next morning. It had been a day like any other, everyone waking early to pack up and get on moving. Azalea did her best to keep a smile on her face, but was failing as Papina's grin grew and grew as the day began picking up. The girls got everything ready, and were ready to leave when Papina was not moving. "We're leaving now, Pap, what's wrong?" Azalea asked softly and her sister just giggled. "I'm staying, Aza. I can't leave Ivan, I love him." Papina confessed happily. Azalea smiled for her sister, but was fighting the urge to cry very hard. "That's great, baby sister. I hope you will be happy here." Azalea gave the girl a kiss on the forehead and a tight hug, and watched as the girl ran off to meet with her lover.

Not only had she just lost Gabriel but now she had just lost her sister and best friend. The trail they took was passing the site of their party last night and Azalea ran off toward the tree, their tree, and took off her phoenix necklace. Quickly she dug a small hole in the dirt at the base of their tree, and tossed her necklace in, burying it. This was were the phoenix that was Azalea's heart had landed, and it would never leave this place. She ran back to catch up with the others, tears falling freely from her face as everyone else took the news of Papina's leaving much better. "Who was that man you were dancing with last night?" Keza asked, actually trying to comfort her sister for once. "Gabriel," She answered simply, wiping her tears with the back of her hand. "And the man Papina is staying with?" "Ivan.." "Gabriel and Ivan, brothers? ...Aza, those two were Princes." Keza told her, giving her a serious look. "A.. Prince? I-I danced with a Prince last night?" Azalea looked at her sister in shock and Keza just nodded her head.[/DASH]

When Gabriel returned home to the castle that night Ivan snuck off to his bedroom, completly avoiding his parents. The older brother however wasn't so lucky. He met his parents the king and queen head on. His father was none to pleased and his mother looked utterly disappointed. The king not wanting to yell infront of his servents usherd Gabriel off to the throne room where he dismissed everyone there. When the door shut it was just him and his father. A cold fury erupted behind his father's green eyes. His father stood directly infront of his throne as Gabriel stood at the bottom of it, looking down at his feet.

"Do you know the measure of disgrace you have brought upon our family Gabriel!? The embaressment of me when the two royal dukes showed up to see how thier future king would preform in court this morning and the Future king wasn't even there?! Gabriel, I should disown you as my son! Your mother cried for your sake knowing you would be reciving this talk. I am ashamed of your actions towards dishonor towards your own blood. You are to be suspended to go anywhere outside the castle. A careful eye will be kept on you no matter what you do for the next month. If you want any of your freedoms back you will oblige to your punishment without any arguments. There are escorts waiting to take you to your room...and DO NOT be late for lunch tomorrow. I Wish you would be a more proper prince like your brother Ivan."

Gabriel frowned as he turned around walking towards the door. It was going to be a really long month, but the worse part of this was going to be getting over Azalea. Saying goodbye to her was the worst thing he had ever had to do...evern right now he missed her terribly. So they could do what they wanted but nothing they could do short of killing his brother would make him more upset then he was now. In the halls the knights and pages pushed their luck as far as they could. It was their job to watch him...but he still was the First Prince. At the arrival to his room he dressed down to his underclothing and laid back on his bed, looking out the window. He already missed the city...the people...and the group of dancers. Not just the group of dancers but the life style they led. As he continued to lookout on the full moon he smiled a bit....he would remember this night forever.

The next morning he bathed and dressed properly, not being late to a single thing. He continued to have dance lessons his parent's wanting his ballroom technique to be absolutly flawless. For a month from now all elegible young ladies usually from other high standing families would come and try thier very best to impress him. In a month, at the Royal Ball, at the end of the night he would have to propse to one lucky young lady to whom then he would have to annonounce an engagement. Eventully the gypsy women would have to find thier way back here to the city. But by then his responsiblities to the people would be far too great. He was doomed never to see the gypsy ever again. Strait up until lunch at Noon he was bombarded with questions and and lessons. It was a great relief to be able to sit down at the lunch table. When he looked around Ivan was missing. The king did not seem too worried about it though. After a few minuetes Ivan entered, a familiar face clinging onto his arm. It was Papina...but she was dressed in a beautiful dress that fit her wonderfully. It wasn't a dress with a formal hoopskirt but it was full at the bottom, her hair fixed up also. Gabriel looked over at her, both him and his brother dressed impressivly like princes'. The first princes's eyes widened.

"P-Papina..."

Ivan smiled happily, his fingers interwtined with Papina's.

"She decided to stay Gabriel..."

[DASH=teal]The trip to the next town was only half a day's travel, and Azalea tried to continue living as she normally would, however she didn't seem to smile quite as often. She kept telling herself that she had made the right decision, to let him live his life as Prince and hers as a gypsy. Azalea even began regretting that kiss, that perfect, sweet kiss because she knew nothing would ever compare and the separation would have not been nearly as hard. Now every time she saw a couple or any sort her heart ached, and she would play with her hemp and bead bracelet and think about him and wonder if he was still wearing it. Keza seemed to be sick of Azalea's bad moods throughout the week they stayed in the next town, trying to raise up enough funds to move again. "You need to get over him already," Keza said, her hands on her hips. "You were never good enough for him in the first place." Azalea looked to her sister with sad eyes and sighed. "I know.." Was all she muttered.

The fifth day they spent in this town was drawing to a close, and Azalea was sitting inside the wagon, busying herself with weaving necklaces when a pigeon landed in the window. It was wearing a royal crest and had a message attached to it's leg. Azalea took the letter and had Vorza hold the bird while she read it. It was from Papina, who started off talking about Ivan and how wonderful things were going. Azalea sort of skimmed over the whole part about her sister's romance, feeling jealous of the girl. The second half of the letter was surprising, however.

'Gabriel hasn't been doing very well, Ivan is saying that he isn't being his normal self. For being absent for almost two nights he has been punished to nothing but princely lessons until the end of the month. And at the end of this month there will be a ball held in his honor, his parents are expecting him to be engaged at the end of that night.
Aza, ever since you left Gabriel has been quite down, to the point where he seems sad even when he looks at me. How are you doing? Do you miss him as much as he misses you? I know I miss you, sister. I hope things are going well, I hope to hear from you soon.

Love, Papina'

'Do you miss him as much as he misses you?' Azalea felt her eyes fill up with tears, rereading that line over and over again. He missed her, dearly, and on top of that he would be getting engaged at the end of this month. The girl sniffled as she grabbed for the nearest quill and piece of parchment to reply. She wrote about the new town and that they were stuck until they sold enough to leave and how happy she was for her sister. The second half took a bit longer for her to write as she tried to word it carefully.

'Lately things just don't seem to be quite as bright as they used to. I no longer want to smell and stop the flowers and everything around me reminds me of him. It has only been five days but it feels like I haven't seen him in years, and I cannot keep him off of my mind for any long amount of time. I left the necklace I bought with his money there where we kissed, knowing a part of me will always stay there. I cannot look at any couple without feeling heart ache. Leaving was the worst mistake of my life.

Love, Aza'

The girl rolled up the letter and stuffed it into the pigeon's small pouch and released it out the window. Within a few hours Papina received Azalea's letter as she wasn't very far away. She and Ivan read it together, Papina pressing a hand over her heart as she read the second half of the letter. "Leaving was the worst mistake of my life.." Papina read aloud, looking up to Ivan with a great sadness in her eyes. "Ivan, there has to be something we can do.." The woman said as she carefully folded the letter. The younger prince stayed silent for a few moments before a small smiled curled onto his lips. "We need to get her to the ball."[/DASH]

The blonde prince looked over at his lover and a small smile came across his lips.

"We need to get her to the Ball." He said. "I can get her a formal invitation so they let her in at the gate. It might look a little suspicious if we brought her directly inside the castle. I can tell my father there is an arrand that I need to run in the next town over...I'll give her the invitation and pick her up. When I bring her back I will put her up in a nice house we have not too far from here. You'll be able to go visit her there."

He stood up and leaned over, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead then lips.

"I can only take two people on the horse and I need to bring your sister back. I'll be back as soon as I can be. Stay out of trouble love."

Ivan smiled and turned on his heel, going towards the throne room from the balcony in his room. After reciving premission to go over to the next town he went to the library where Gabreil was reading. He slipped into he seat next to him and Gabriel looked over at him. There was dark circles underneath his eyes. His green eyes were a dull color now...all signs of life were gone from his face. He had not seen his brother smile at all since that night. It was like he reverted back to the state before he started caring for Ivan. He looked terrible...and in just a few days dropped some weight so he was practically a walking skeleton. His skin was starting to pale in some places. Ivan smiled for his brother, trying to lighten the mood.

"Papina recived a letter from Azalea...I have to go run an arrand in the town she is in."

He slid a paper in front of him which he looked down at sadly, lazily.

"Write her a letter Gabe...She really misses you. I'll give it to her. Just please..."

His eyes pleaded with Gabriel as his brother let out a heavy sigh, picking up the quill and dipping it in the ink. After a little while he had written a small letter. The green eyed prince slid him the letter and went back to reading. Ivan sighed and picked up the paper, gently folding it after reading it. It read:

Azalea,

I heard of your letters to Papina though Ivan did not give me many details. I'm stuck in the castle with not much to do but I am well. Hope your travels go well and keep on dancing. It would be a shame to see you stop...your so talented. I think of you a lot, through out my daily activities. Take care of yourself and never stop smiling. You have a pretty smile. I will be engaged by the end of the month.. To whom I have not a clue but whoever it is it won't be you... then I guess I am doomed to a life of average...a Mundane life. You however are capable of so much. Use it to your advantage. Whoever gets you is the luckiest man in the world. Take care. Sincererly, Prince Gabriel

Ivan featched the horse and invitation before setting off to the next town. He arrived a day later near dusk. After asking around he found where Azalea and the rest of the Gypsy's were staying. It was just after night fall that he found the wagon. He slid down from Felicity his white mare and approached the wagon. He called out, gripping Felicity's reigns in his hand.

"Azalea! It's me, I'm back!"

After she emerged from the wagon he greeted her then handed her the letter first. After She finnished reading it he had a sad smile on his face. The invitation was tucked into the letter bag attached to the mare's saddle, hidden from view.

"He is not looking too good Aza...emotionally or physically. This is killing him..."

[DASH=teal]Yet another day passed and they had raised just enough funds that they would be leaving early in the morning. Usually Azalea would be excited about seeing a new place and meeting new people, but she had no interest in any of that anymore, her mind on only one person. Now everyday when she danced she would pretend like he was watching somewhere at the back of the crowd with his hooded cloak on, just waiting for the end of the show to come up and grab her and sweep her off her feet all over again. She was also beginning to wonder how her sister was doing, after not receiving a shift reply to her letter.

"Azalea! It's me, I'm back!" The girl looked up as she heard her name. It was not that of Gabriel's voice but it was familiar, and she hopped up from her seat and rushed out of the wagon to see Ivan standing there with a lovely horse, smiling as a proper Prince should. "Ivan? What are you doing here?" Azalea asked as she approached him, genuinely smiling as she embraced him. The young man did not reply, only handed her a piece of parchment that turned out to be a letter from Gabriel. Azalea was almost expecting a love letter, a kind of letter that just spilled everything on his mind all over the paper but it was the complete opposite. Even through his letter she could feel he was shutting down. She would have never left if she knew this would happen, and she should have never left in the first place.

Azalea looked back up to Ivan after reading the letter, a sad look on his face as he said he wasn't doing well at all. "This is terrible.. Why was I such an idiot?" The girl placed a hand on her head in frustration. "Even if I return now I wouldn't be able to see him while he's locked in the castle. By the time his punishment is up he will already be engaged.." Azalea looked over the letter again with gloom. It was then that Ivan smiled and took out the invitation to the ball. Azalea took the piece of paper from him and stared at it, and looked at him with confusion. "This.. Are you sure? I.." She found herself at a loss for words as Ivan just smiled. "We surprised Papina, now let's surprise my brother."

The night Azalea said farewell to Natalina, Vorza, and Keza, and left her old life behind her, returning with Ivan to his city. He took her to a small but lovely house near the castle, this would be her living space for the time until the Ball. "Oh, wait, let me write him a letter, maybe I can get him to feel better." Azalea said to Ivan before he left even though he was tired from the long horse ride.

'Dearest Gabriel,

I am writing to inform you that you are a terrible liar even though parchment. Have you been wearing my bracelet to you? It won't work if you take it off. Take comfort in the fact that you command my thoughts most of the day, and when I dance I pretend you are watching. I left a part of myself at our tree that night and it will never leave, in fact it is probably still with you, deep within your chest. I am always with you, as you are always with me. We will meet again, and when that time comes I want to see you well rested and healthy! The woman you marry would be out of her mind not to realize how amazing you are. Please, take care of yourself. For me.

Yours, Azalea'

~*~

Over the next two weeks she met with Ivan and Papina several times as they prepared her for the Ball. Ivan drilled her on every formal ballroom dance there was until he was confident with her abilities. When it came to the dress and the mask, Azalea felt bad that she had to have Ivan pay for it all, but he seemed all too happy to spend as much as needed to make everything perfect. Her gown was simply breathtaking, taking the colors from a peacock feather and the dress fit her perfectly, thankfully with enough movement to breathe and dance properly in. The mask was large, after all it had to cover up her freckles so Gabriel couldn't tell who she was. It was made completely of feathers, in the same shades as her dress, pluming out from the bridge of her nose to just past her temples.

It was somewhat ironic how all of this started with Gabriel being her mystery man and it was now her turn to be mysterious. They even worked with her on a fake accent so that Gabriel would not know it was her until the time was right. The days passed quickly and she became more and more excited to see Gabriel once more and dance with him at this Ball.

The night of the ball was nerve racking for Azalea, and she felt her anxiety rise as she climbed the steps to the entrance. There were many lovely women here, after all it was a ball in which one lucky lady would be engaged at the end of the night. She presented her invitation at the door and slowly made her way into the ballroom, finding it completely dazzling. She had never seen anything like this before not even once. There was so much food, dishes upon dishes she had never seen or heard of before. Azalea was just finishing taking everything in when, "Presenting Prince Gabriel!" someone called out, grabbing everyone's attention as he appeared. Azalea didn't think it was possible that he could be any more handsome than when she saw him last, but he looked ravishing, though she would have liked to see a true smile instead of the fake ones he was shooting everybody.

Azalea stayed off and out of sight for a while, allowing a few of the women to dance with the Prince, all while watching like a hawk from a distance. The current song came to a close and Gabriel was looking tired of dancing already, and she quickly made her move. She approached the prince and offered him a smile, lifting her hand toward him. "Might I have the next dance?" She asked, using that fake accent she had practiced before.[/DASH]

Gabriel recived a letter from Ivan but did not open it till several days later. Two weeks before the Ball he fell ill from malnurtition and had to be under the doctors care for three days while he recovered. While he was bed ridden he opened the letter, clenching his jaw when he saw Azalea's signature at the bottom. He looked right at it before proceeding to read the rest of the letter. A chuckle escaped his lips as she called him a terrible liar...even though letters. Either he was a bad liar or Ivan had spilled everything to her when he had gone to meet her a a week ago. He guessed it might be some of both and continued to read the letter. The whole time he gripped the bracelet Azalea had made him what seemed so long ago, against his skin. He never took it off. This was a piece of her he would hold onto as long as he could. Then she confessed she had left her beautiful necklace at the tree and when she danced she pretended he was watching from somewhere back in the crowd. A weak small smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he read she would always be with him...and that he occupied her thoughts most of the day. It was a bit selfish but he couldn't help it. Despite it all he still loved her and probably would for the rest of his life. It didn't matter who he would be engaged to at the end of the night...his thoughts would be devoted to the kingdom and Azalea.

After he recovered he was forced to Ballroom dance practice at least three hours in the day. As the ball drew closer and closer he perfected his technique and prepared the arrangments for the engagment. He looked healthier, his eyes retuning most of their glow but not like before. When the day finally arrived he prepared the entire day for that evening. His hair had grown a bit and was tied back in a loose ponytail. Dressed in sharp looking clothing that hugged his figure perfectly and the colors complementing everything about him. Normally he would be required to wear pinchy dress shoes but the clothing looked better with the boots so his mother made that so. That evening he was strictly instructed to dance every woman that offered her hand to him. As his name was announced he came through the two huge doors, his parents proudly presenting him...a drastic change from about two months ago. He stared out across the crowd and saw roughly one hundred girls. It hit him like a ton of bricks just how much he would be dancing.

As he descended the steps the prince was crowded at the bottom with the many girls, all eager to win his attention and affections. He danced with a high class woman first, a Blonde with long hair beautifully curled and draped down her back and over her shoulders. She was a graceful dancer and an elequent speaker. If he had not met Azalea first...and been so taken with her he might have fallen for this woman. Gabreil made a mental note to add her to a list of potential future wives. Then he danced with a brunette who had a Hubris the size of the castle itself. The red headed woman was pretty but not so sure of herself or where she stood. After dancing with a few more women he spotted a woman at the back of the crowd. She had long dark hair and was very pretty. He watched her, putting on that fake smile, come up to him and with a strange accent ask for a dance. He took her hand and swept her into his arms. Gabriel moved so they were in the correct posistion and the music started up again. It was a slower waltz...the King and Queens waltz. The prince gracefully and in perfect posistion waltzed her around in the small clearing while other girls watched on in envy. He looked down at the masked woman and saw her piercing blue eyes. They reminded him alot of that certain Gypsy woman.

She didn't say a word but at the end of the dance he felt something familair. The man couldn't shake it...so at the end of the night he called away two other ladies before calling the woman over. He quietly asked her to wait with the other two ladies, the first dance, the blonde, and the a short haired brunette who was an excellent Socialite. Gabriel disappeared into the same doors he came out with his Parents in tail. Over an hour passed with no word. Some of the anxious guests paced impatiently...waiting to see who would stand by his side as queen one day. After another hour passed the king emerged and announced that due to the large amount of women Gabriel was having a hard time choosing...so in the meantime other business would be taken care of. Ivan stepped out of the doors, also looking rather handsome, with Papina on his arm. After capturing the crowds attention The blonde prince lowered himself down on one knee and smiled lovingly up at Papina who was wearing a gorgous, formal gown. He produced solid gold band from his coat pocket, presenting it to Papina on his flat hand.

"Papina...I've been taken by you since the first time I saw you...I love you...very much. If you would please...give me the pleasure of having you as my wife...Will you Marry me?"

His shockingly blue eyes looked up at her, a soft smile on his lips as he waited.

(Do what ya can with this, I want to make the announcement if you don't mind~ x3)

[DASH=teal]The Prince offered her a smile, but Azalea knew all too well it was not a true smile, it was a fake one he had been practicing for this day and what he would probably be using the rest of his life. He accepted her inquire about a dance, took her by the hand and swept her into his arms. Her heart began to beat just as it did nearly a month ago, that moment under their tree. Azalea felt weak in the knees, but she was sure that's how all the others felt when they danced with him, as well.

Ivan had told her to tell him something that would tip him off, but as they danced the world and everything that concerned her disappeared, once again trapped in those emerald eyes of his. Their dance ended but Azalea did not move. Women were beginning to crowd when she knew she had to do something fast of Gabriel would pick the wrong girl. Azalea reached up and cupped his cheek in her hand, and placed the over over his heart, a position they had taken during the night of their lives. "I have come back for you." She whispered, the crowd becoming rowdy and making it hard to hear. She was forced away from him, not knowing if he even heard what she said to him. Gabriel had no immediate reaction, so he either didn't hear her or put it out of his mind.

By the end of the night the crowd was getting restless, and the Prince picked out quite a few ladies he was considering, thankfully herself was included. Gabriel disappeared to make his decision, and after almost two hours he was still stumped. The King emerged and announced that because there were so many lovely women he was having trouble, and that they would be taking care of another matter while Gabriel was still pondering. It was then that Ivan and Papina walked through the doors, and Azalea's face lit up to see them so happy together.

Papina was headed to the dance floor, that's what she thought they had come out here for, when Ivan suddenly stopped and she stopped with him. She met his dazzling blue eyes with a slight look of confusion, and that's when he dropped down onto one knee. Papina's look of shock did not fade as he confessed his love for her in front of the whole room, and asked for her hand in marriage. The girl stood silently for a moment, feeling almost unable to breath. A grin grew across her face and tears filled her eyes in an instant, "Yes, yes! I love you, Ivan.." The girl was crying now as the Prince slipped the ring on her finger.

Azalea watched, filled with joy to have been able to see Ivan propose to her sister. It was almost as if she felt this would happen from the first time they met, how they were glowing whenever around each other. Azalea felt a few tears roll down her cheeks behind the mask and she quietly sniffled and tried to compose herself. All she wanted to do was go over and hug her sister and her new brother and congratulate them, but she had her own love to worry about. Her gaze returned to the door where he had left and stared upon it sadly. What would happen if he didn't realize who she was? Would Azalea remain here and be the maid of honor in her sister's wedding or would she leave again and return to the life of a gypsy? Would she even be able to live a life without Gabriel?[/DASH]

Ivan slipped the ring on her finger and stood up, pulling Papina Closer. With everybody watching he smiled happily at her then wiped her tears away lovingly. He then leaned in and kissed her. The crowd clapped and cheered as he kissed her. Then very carefully he pulled away and led Papina down the stairs. The crowd cleared and formed into circle around the couple as the orchestra started up again. He danced with her, his dance form perfect. The kings advisor came from the top doors and down the stairs.

He was a tall man with pulled back dark hair. The advisor went over to the group of girls and looked at the girl with short brown hair. He led her up the stairs and thought the doors. Gabriel waited in his room, not too far from the Ballroom. The advisor led here there and shut the door. She looked a bit frightened as he approached her, removing her mask. He placed a hand on her cheek, looking into her eyes. Then his hand slid off her cheek and he went over, sitting on the bed. It didn't feel at all right touching her...even like that. He looked over at her.

"Do you have a lover...? I'm sure all of us have had a past fling."

She blushed and nodded. Telling him she came because her father asked her to...to see if their family could make it's way into the Royal family. He sighed and waved her away. Telling her to marry whoever she desired and not who her father asked her too. After a little while the brown haired woman went back over to the small group of girls and the Advisor led the beautiful blonde woman away. After she reached the room Gabriel stood up and went over to her, removing her mask. As he did the woman forced herself upon him, leaning forwards and stealing a deep kiss from Gabriel. He pulled away and turned around, pacing a bit as she smiled happily at him. WIthout saying anything he waved her from the room and was left to think for a little while. Gabreil fell back on his bed, covering his eyes with one of his arms. He didn't like to make people wait but this woman he was going to propose to was going to be his wife. The person who would rule by his side, take care of him when he was Ill, the woman who would bare his children. Not only was it important to him but to the kingdom.

He felt a huge weight on his chest and shoulders. Then he rememberd the other woman, the woman with dark hair. The way she touched him after the dance and the way she looked at him during the dance reminded him so much of the woman he missed the most. She had said something about coming back for him but for all he knew that could mean anything. Should he marry her because she reminded him of Azalea? Or Shouldn't he? It wouldn't be right but he was already having difficulty living without the Gypsy woman. Or...could he learn to fall in love with the Blonde woman? One more hour passed before he emerged from the doors, looking out across the people in the crowd.

"Ladies, thank you for your wonderful preasance here this evening. I am touched that so many of you would be willing to give your life to me and the kindgom. I have narrowed the field to one women here this evening. Forgive me for taking so much of your time. The woman I picked tonight I do not know her name but I do believe I could learn to live happily with her."

He looked over the the small group of women. A frown wanted to take over his expression but he forced a smile.

"Would the woman with dark hair and the Peakcock Dress and mask please make her way to the bottom of the stairs?"

He waited for her to come over and he met her at the bottom of the stairs. Gabriel extended his gloved hand to her and led her to the top of the stairs. He bit his lip a bit As he looked at her. It pained him...this woman looked so much like her...and that was the only reason he would Marry her. The prince got down on one knee and extended her a solid gold band with the royal family's crest on it. Gabriel apologized for

"M'Lady would you...Marry me...?"

[DASH=teal]As time passed a few of the other candidates disappeared from the party, probably to meet with Gabriel or his parents who wanted to ask questions. Azalea began to worry as she was not being called, the simply sat there trying to wait patiently but the suspense was killing her. The girl took deep breaths, trying to keep herself calm as she waited and waited for Gabriel to arrive, dreading the worst. Why hadn't she given him a better clue? It was obvious he didn't remember otherwise he would have picked her right away, right? Or did he know it was her but knew his parents would be angry? Every dreadful thought rushed through her head and she suddenly felt as if maybe doing all of this was just a mistake.

It was then that the Prince rejoined the party, apparently his decision was finally made up. He announced to the party that he had decided, and that he didn't even know this woman's name, but believed he could live a happy life with her. Azalea's heart pounded as she waited for him to say it, looking over at all the ladies with a fake smile that made her feel terrible. And then, he called to her, the woman with the peacock dress. All the sound faded from the ballroom and Azalea felt like she couldn't breathe. She stood up, and slowly made her way to him, knowing that just by the look of his face, he hadn't realized it was actually her.

He took her by the hand and lead her up to the top of the stairs, his sleeve moving just a bit so that Azalea could see that he was still wearing the bracelet, it made her heart flutter a bit. At the top of the stairs Azalea felt as if her heart would beat straight through her chest, just as it had on that night. Gabriel lowered himself onto one knee and gently asked for her to marry him. The woman smiled, feeling tears in her eyes once again before answering. "I would love nothing more than to spend the rest of my life beside you." Azalea said, speaking in her normal tone of voice, and accepting the ring. As Gabriel stood up Azalea removed her mask to reveal her freckled face, smiling up into those emerald eyes of his. "Am I still the most beautiful woman you've ever seen?" She asked in a whisper, her hand traveling up to cup his cheek, the other placed over his heart, grinning.[/DASH]

His heart dropped when he asked the woman, he didn't even know, to marry him. Silently he apologized to Azalea wherever she might be. Then she started to tear up and he was about to say something...anything to stop the tears when he heard the woman's real voice. It wasn't the heavily accented voice from before but a voice he recognized. She said she would love nothing more than to live out her days at his side...that voice...it was...it couldn't be. Gabriel's eyes widened in disbelief. He spoke at the same time she removed her mask, smiling up at him with those pretty eyes and cute freckles. Though he was shocked he slid the ring onto her finger and looked up at her, standing up strait.

"Azalea..."

Then she asked him if he still thought that she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Her hand landed on his cheek, the other on his chest. His heart started beating faster. He nodded, swallowing the lump in his throat. A genuine smile came across his face.

"You look more beautiful than I rememeberd...And your dancing is...great..."

His Jaw tightened and he stepped back and slipped back towards the doors. He told the advisor he would be in his room and walked silently down the hall. Once her got to his room he sat down and buried his face into his hands. His heart was still pounding...this felt like a daydream. There was no way She could be there...no way he could have randomly proposed to her. In his heart he was glad he just flet so overwhelmed he didn't know exactly how to feel. So...he sobbed, silently. So glad to have her back...after thinking he would never see her again.

(Sorry it's short, not sure what else to put right now!)

[DASH=teal]Azalea grinned as he spoke her name, now feeling the weight of the ring on her finger. Engaged... She was now engaged to this person, this most important person she cared for so deeply. As she had gently placed her hand over his heart, she felt the familiar nervous beating, and even though he was smiling she could tell he was completely overwhelmed. Day after day he tried to convince himself that he would never see her again, and just a few moments ago he proposed to her.

He spoke to her, his voice cracking and his hand trembling. Before she could say anything to comfort him be backed away from her and left the ballroom. She glanced over the crowd of party goers, finding that almost half the crowd had disappeared, probably even before the proposal. She saw Ivan and Papina looking worried, both of them making motions with their arms for her to go, go after him. Azalea finally returned to planet earth, feeling as though everything just flew by in an instant.

The woman took off toward where he disappeared and spoke to the adviser, asking where he went. "The Prince went to his room, I strongly suggest you leave him be fo--" "I will not. He is my fiance and I will go to him. Please lead me there." Azalea spoke harshly, but the adviser summoned a servant to lead her through the castle, the servant trying to match her pace as she briskly walked toward his bedroom. "Here you are, ma'am." The servant pointed to the door and Azalea let herself in, finding it wasn't locked.

She shut the door behind her, finding the room to be rather dark, taking a moment for her eyes to adjust. Azalea saw Gabriel sitting on the side of his bed, head buried in his hands. Silently she approached him, and quietly sat down on the bed next to him, leaning forward a bit so she could properly speak to him. "I'm sorry, I should have given you a better hint." Azalea spoke softly as she gently placed a hand on his back and rubbed in a circular motion, trying to comfort him. "I missed you each and every day we were apart, my heart went out to you. Leaving was the worst mistake I've ever made, and while I loved the gypsy life, I found that I love you more." Azalea quietly confessed, smiling softly. "I want all of you, Gabriel. I want you at your worst, and I want you at your best. I want to know you, and learn your flaws and love you in spite of them..." She reached for his wrist where she played with the bracelet she gave him. "Will you still have me?" Azalea asked in almost a whisper, smiling softly.[/DASH]
( Your post was fine! x3 )

He heard the door open...and close but he didn't look up at whoever had entered the room. The sun had already set and his room was dark so he probably wouldn't have been able to see who it was anyways. Then he felt the bed sink in slightly besides him. He tried to compose himself but for some reason he couldn't. He felt the person shift forwards and she said something...It was Azalea. It was the reason he came here..he didn't want her to see him so weak...he didn't want her to see him finally break down. She apologized for not giving a bigger clue but that wasn't it...It was the face she was back. These were tears of relief...tears that were pent up from missing her so badly. Azalea placed a hand on his back, gently rubbing it in an attempt to calm him down. He listened to her apologize for leaving...her saying it was the worst mistake of her life...that she loved him more than the gypsy lifestyle.

She confessed that she wanted him at his worst...best...learn his flaws and learn to love them as well. Then she got quiet and reached for his wrist. The previous gypsy woman played with the beads on the bracelet. Then she softly asked if he would still have her...Have her as his fiance...his wife in a couple of months from now. Gabriel looked back at her, wiping the tears from his cheeks. He forced a smile for her and reached out, caressing her cheek with one of his hands, gently stroking her cheek like that night under the tree.

"Of course I want you...Of course I will have you...These tears are tears of relief...I already was forcing myself to believe you had moved on and were happy....that I wouldn't see you again. That I would marry for status and not love. I"m just so relieved your here again. I missed you so much. I had alot of time to think when I was under a doctors supervison and doctor told me bedrest....time to think about how I really wanted things...and now the way I never thought would be possible...its now possible."

Then Gabriel leaned in and kissed her...kissed her more deeply than he did underneath the Tree. He pushed her back onto the bed, kissing her more before pulling away and looking down at her with a sincere smile.

"Me too Aza...I want...I want to know everything there is to know about you...love you at your best, worst, and everything in between. I want to be there when your sick and take care of you and I want to grow old with you. I know I have not known you for as long as I would have liked but I want to make up for the time when we didn't know each other. Your everything to me now...and you always will be..."

He then moved off her and laid next to her, pulling her gently against him. Gabriel buried his face into the crook of her neck, his warm breathe against her skin. He placed a soft, brief kiss on her neck. One that show affection but respect to her as well.

"I want you to stay...Please don't go...not tonight...not after so long..."

[DASH=teal]Finally, Gabriel looked up at her, beginning to wipe away his tears and she lifted her hand to his face to help take them away. She could see him smile in the dim light, and he reached for her cheek, gently stroking it. Now it was his turn to speak, and she could sense the pain behind his voice. Azalea almost regretted going about reuniting them this way, maybe she should have went to him when she arrived with Ivan and she could have spared him so much pain. But no matter how much pain he had experienced, she was here now and she would do her best to keep him from such pain ever again.

Gabriel leaned in and kissed her before she could even react. This kiss was significantly deeper than their previous, filling with more passion and relief, and possibly desperately clinging as if trying to determine if this was all a dream or not. Azalea returned his kiss, assuring him that it was real, that she was here to stay with him until death did them part. He pushed her back onto the bed, during which he didn't break the kiss until a few moments later where he pulled away and smiled that glorious, handsome smile she missed so much.

He confessed to her in a similar manner, his words bringing tears to her eyes. His words were so heartfelt and Azalea couldn't help it, she had missed him so dearly, living in that house for almost three weeks knowing full well that he was so close. The separation had been hard on both of them, but none of that matter now, they were together and would be for the rest of their lives. Gabriel moved off of her and rolled next to her, pulling him against her gently.

Azalea could feel his heart beat, beating just as fast as hers as he snuggled into the crook of her neck, and after a few moments he planted a gently kiss that made her heart skip a beat. Gabriel pleaded her softly not to leave, to stay with him for the rest of the night and Azalea left off a small chuckle. "I'm not going anywhere for as long as I live," She said as she wrapped one arm around his shoulders and the other cradling his head. "I love you, Gabriel. My heart has been yours since I first met eyes with you."[/DASH]

As Gabriel held Azalea against himself he could feel the warmth of her body against him. It comforted him that finally he wasn't alone. There was someone next to him that was living, breathing, and with him for all the right reasons. Then when he placed a gentle kiss on her neck he could feel her heartbeat. It was steady...strong. Then all of a sudden he felt her heart skip a beat from its normal rythem. The man chuckled sofly as he wrapped his arms around her a bit tighter. He never dreamed in all his life that he would be laying here with a woman he was auctaully in love with...just laying here listening to the steady, comforting beating of her strong heart. It was decided from the time he was very small that he would marry a woman of high status to bring forth high status children into the world. It was also decided that he would be the future king of this country. In fact his parents usually decided what would become of him. Here in his own life...he had hardly any control.

But now that he picked Azalea at the Ball he did...he had the choice to marry her and to have her laying here here next to him. In this moment he was happy...for the first time in an entire month. She just chuckled when he asked her not to leave and said that she wasn't going to go anywhere for as long as she lived. Then she wrapped an arm around his shoulder, the other cradled his head lovingly. He almost felt like a child again. swept away into another world...a blissful state where he didn't have a single care in the world or responsibility to attend to. The prince would be happy just to lay like this for the rest of the rest of his life...content to do nothing. He listened carefully as she reassured him that her heart had always been his. The prince smiled and sighed, closing his eyes...speaking to her.

"You saved my life Miss. Azalea...Until you came back tonight I was getting sick alot...the doctor said it was malnutrition from skipping out on breakfast and lunch then picking at the food at dinner. It just didn't look appealing...not at all. It made my stoumuch churn to eat. But I forced myself to eat cause I knew I had to. After some strict bedrest and a letter from you I changed how I was thinking...began eating a little more. I even remember you saying that even though parchment I was a bad liar and truth is I am a bad liar...but was was not about to make you feeel guilty. Feel guilty for leaving me to be with your family...to live the life you have known for a long time. But you knew better...and not just that but you also saved me from an unhappy marrige and an unhappy life. I would have picked some girl tonight whom I didn't have any feelings for and married her believeing things would get better...that I could fall in love with her and make a satisfactory life. But after I kissed you for the first time...I knew satisfactory wasn't ever going to be enough to make me happy...I knew that I wanted you for life...and not that you've come back I'm not letting you go....not ever..."

Gabriel listened to anything that she might haver to say before starting to doze off. Finally he fell asleep, snuggled up against Azalea. breathing quietly while he slept. The next morning when he woke he found Azalea asleep next to him. He leaned over and lightly kissed her forehead. The green-eyed prince then got up slowly, careful not to wake her yet. He undressed then pulled on some pants and pulled on a button up shirt but didn't have time to button it up as there was a knock, and a voice on the other side calling him down to breakfast. He looked over at the bed to see if she had woke up yet, his fit bare torso visible because of his unbuttoned shirt.