Walking in the Devil's Shadow (OC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The others who said they were interested?

And yay! Cookies!
/grabs
Can demons get fat?...
Oh well.. /noms.

Yeah those! Also Ciel is the Knight. Chess piece her role is the Knight.

Haha, I'm trying to finish up some of myl work before I get this up. I swear I won't always be this busy, and I'll get something up soonish.

So working on character and I realized that I don't know exactly when this is set. Is the backdrop like modern-day Earth? Olden times Earth? Alternative Magic world? Any info on the background?

So working on character and I realized that I don't know exactly when this is set. Is the backdrop like modern-day Earth? Olden times Earth? Alternative Magic world? Any info on the background?
Alternative Magic World, medieval with the few modern things, such as shower, running water, lights, refrigerator necessities such as that.

Reactions: Dark_Psycho
Please forgive the length. I need to plot out a character's backstory before I can really get to know that person. It's just what I do.

If ANYTHING needs to be changed to fit the setting, characters, situation, or doesn't mesh well, TELL ME. I'm more than happy to change or modify anything. This is just what I've got in my head now.

Character Name:
Eadaion Kearney

Pronunciation:
Aid-in

Alias:
Aiden or Aid

Ethnicity:
Irish

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

Height:
5' 4"

Hair:
Red

Eyes:
Blue

Distinguishing Marks:
Facial Scars from battles

General Appearance:
5de39350fa7149a405e9a5c9a37a4f2f.jpg

Strengths:
Swordplay abilities
Control over liquid water – think waterbender, but can not control ice, pull water out of air, or control bodies through water. It needs to be an amount of liquid water.

Weaknesses:
Not a squishy as a normal human, but still fairly squishy.
Need to drink more water than the average human. When she is not hydrated, her ability to control water begins to fades.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose:
Wipe out the demons and Protect the Hero

Inabilities:
Can get tunnel vision when fighting demons and focuses more on killing demons than collateral damage or her fellow warriors

Fears:
The hero and other companions being killed.
Demons gaining control of the land.

General Personality:
A little jaded and cynical, Eadaion always expects the worst out of demons, situations, and people. Eadaion tries to keep a level head and stop herself, but she does often find herself bullishly trying to use force or intimidation to get through something. She's not quick to anger though, just pessimism and that can escalate the situation. She really is a good, loyal friend if you've gotten past her rough exterior.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History:
Born of Arariel, a handsome angel in charge of the waters of the earth, and a human woman, all Eadaion knew for the first eight years of her life was living with her kind and gentle mother. Eadeion learned the simple things from her mother, domestic tasks like sewing, cleaning cooking. They mostly ate from the vegetable garden in the front of the small, one roomed cottage they lived in. When they needed some money, her mother would take up some seamstress or tailor work. They lived a simple, isolated life on the outskirts of town. Eadaion tried not to listen when the townsfolk would talk about her mother being a harlot, having a child outside of marriage, because she was so happy. So happy, until Eadaion turned nine.

After a long day doing chores around the house, Eadaion knocked over a pot boiling water. She was so frustrated that she would have to clean it up that Eadaion lashed out in her anger, and the water responded. Her mother observed what happened and her face had turned pale. She had hoped this day would never come. She explained to her daughter that she should try to avoid using this power, especially in the wider world. She explained to the child that she was special because of her father, but did not bring up that he was an angel.

Eadaion, although was an obedient child, could not leave well enough alone. She knew that if her mother saw her practicing her new powers that she would get in trouble, so Eadaion would sneak down to the river to practice at night after her mother went to sleep. Needless to say, someone saw her and reported her to the local minister.

An investigation was laughed into what this child was, but it quickly came to light that she was a descendant of an angel. At first they were considering sending her away to gain the necessary training to be able to fight demons, but Eadaion's mother convinced them that she was too young and it would harm her too much to separate them. Instead, she began combat training with all the boys of her town, religious instruction by the local chaplain, and continue to hone her water controlling abilities at night.

Eadaion's life continued like this for the next six years. One night, while Eadaion was working in the river on her water controlling technique, demons decided to attack her small village. There was a larger group of about 20 of them who suck up and attacked her. Eadaion could hold her own in a fight, but she alone was something beyond her. Instead of killing her right away, the demon in charge recognized what she was and decided to torment her by making her watch her friends and family getting murder. Eadaion would be left to the end.

After watching the majority of the village get slaughtered and burned including her mother, Eadaion resolved herself to die then, but suddenly if out of no where, the hero and a small band of warriors arrived. They demons they did not kill they drove off, saving Eadaion and a few other villiages. At that moment, Eadaion decided to swear the life she had just resolved to losing over to the hero. She follows her leader everywhere and obeys her commands almost without question, knowing that they are all fighting to the noble fight to destroy the demons of this world.

Relationships:
Hero – Fiercely loyal to the hero and blind trust and follow the hero, even if it contradicts personal morals

Will work out once more heroes put their posts there stuff up. Although if anyone's demon wants to be in the group who Eadaion encountered, that'd be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Emi Yusa
WIP
GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS

Role: Demon General Lucifer

Character Name: Axel

Pronunciation: (Ax-El)

Alias: Luc, General L.

Ethnicity:

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
View attachment 74386

Height: 6,2"

Hair: Light Brown, but red in the light.

Eyes: Red

Distinguishing Marks:
ce5e39162ab705a1e981d3685dd076dd.jpg

Left Shoulder.

Scars: Three claw marks running across his chest.

General Appearance: Lucifer, or Axel to few, is a tall, athletic, man with Brownish red hair, his eyes are a light red color. When he finds the need, his wings can be seen by all.

Strengths:
Invulnerability - things fatal to humans, such as broken necks, have very little effect of him.
Memory manipulation
Dark Orbs - A Ball of dark energy.
Shadow puppets - six soldiers of the shadows that he can call upon to help him in battle.
Hand-to-Hand combat

Weaknesses:
Devil's Trap
Angel Blade - By stabbing him in the heart, it can kill him. Stabbing him any where else, it will only hurt him extremely.

More:
MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS (optional)

General Personality:
He can come across as a laid back asshole, though there is more than meets the eye. He is a guy who cares for a select few, and well he hides that cause that isn't what a demon is supposed to act like. He is intelligent, and is great at making war plans. He doesn't really fear anything, but he is caution of almost everything.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND (essential)

General History:
For a while, Axel, was a higher level demon, who never really took orders from anyone. Though as time grew on, he ran into Satan, who was looking for a loyal demons. Some how, Axel, was one of them. Though with a few tough training sessions, Axel gave in and started to corporate. Training himself, completely, he chose to live a life of loyalty to who he considers master, Satan.

Relationships:
Satan- Axel is completely loyal to him, he doesn't really take any other commands except from him.
Adramelech-
Alciel- Axel respects her and what she does, but doesn't like if she tries to boss him around. He won't argue with her, but he won't obey her either.
Malacoda-
(Will fill out after I see everyone's CS)​
Alciel is totally fine with the other generals, hun. The only reason she'd even give you an order is if she was passing it along from Satan for whatever reason.

Figured I'd let you know. ;3

Okay. Well what I mostly meant was that he won't take any orders unless he hears it from Satan himself. Not trying to say she is bossy, that mostly went for every other general, but they aren't up yet. His just stubborn as hell.

There I moved it off of hers and just to the general relationships.

....waiting....

GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS

Role: Hero's General

Character Name: Cyrilla Megalos

Pronunciation: Sih-rih-lah Meh-gah-loss

Alias: Calling her pet names is inadvisable~

Ethnicity: Greek

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
8c389de8ec50dc6fba2c2d68d8d7b6ce.jpg

Height: 170cm (5'7")

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Distinguishing Marks: None.

General Appearance: As pictured above?

Strengths: Cyrilla is a quick and fleet-footed combatant, who is adept at manoeuvring in and around her opponent. Her favoured weapon is a poleaxe, which she has been trained to use since she was young. From her angelic mother she inherited the ability to manipulate air and wind, which she has developed to the point of being capable of flight.

Weaknesses: Cyrilla is a proud and stubborn person who hates the idea of resorting to trickery to win a fight. She feels honour-bound to engage an opponent in a straight fight and won't deviate even for her own sake. She is also easily angered and can make rash decisions quickly.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose: Cyrilla's goal in life is to represent her family well and do what she believes is right by the world. What's "right by the world" is presently fighting demon-kind.

Inabilities: She is pretty inflexible in her thinking and will only bend under great duress or at the word of someone she respects.

Fears: Cyrilla fears being all but useless to those she wishes to impress, and more than anything fears open and public humiliation under any circumstances.

General Personality: Cyrilla was born and raised a noble, and this has shaped her identity her whole life. Her father impressed upon her the need to represent their family in everything she does, and she has taken his words to heart. She tries to carry herself as a dignified woman no matter the circumstances, and always speaks eloquently. She is not exactly pompous, but she can appear that way to some.

However, she has a temper that serves as her Achilles Heel. She can rather easily be incited to anger by words that strike a nerve with her, and then she'll lose her composure. She is also very competitive, and hates being looked down upon by anyone. Her pride will compel her to assert herself when she feels she has been slighted, and thus she can easily get into fights with other combative people.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: Cyrilla is the one and only daughter of the current patriarch of the Megalos family. Though her father would have preferred to have a son, he never had any other children, and was forced to groom Cyrilla to be his successor. He never hid his disdain for raising a girl like this, and that fact always weighed on Cyrilla growing up. She was tutored in warfare, politics and other subjects, and expected to turn out a perfect performance in every area.

Cyrilla quickly became very sensitive to criticism. Coming from her father or her tutors, she could do little but grumble about it, but among her peers any commentary on their part was grounds for a challenge. She garnered a reputation for picking fights with people that mocked or criticised her, and usually she was the victor in any fight with someone who wronged her. At the very least, she managed to silence all but the bravest of her competitors.

When Cyriila reached maturity, she was selected to lead a small division of her own in a larger army. She eventually participated in her first real battle. Upon the field of battle, she encountered a large demon, which was clearly more powerful than most around. But it made the critical error or mocking Cyrilla when it encountered her. Cyrilla flew at the demon and skewered it with a powerful blow. The demon was quickly dispatched, and Cyrilla was lauded for her efforts in that battle.

However, it quickly became apparent there was more to her victory than expected. Soldiers present at the battle attested that she more literally flew at the demon, in a manner that wasn't physically possible. A short investigation concluded she was of partial angelic origin. It seemed that her father had kept this from her for her entire life. Even now, with the truth out, he refused to speak of it to her. It was a shocking revelation, but one that changed little for Cyrilla personally. She still had a goal, and it didn't change based on her new heritage.

As the war dragged on, Cyrilla heard more of humanity's great Hero, and developed a great respect for their accomplishments. She decided that her talents were best applied aiding the Hero personally, and continues to do so even now.

Relationships: TBD

-Eadaion Kearney: Cyrilla has a healthy respect for Eadaion as someone that worked hard to get where they are and someone that wishes to take a stand against the demons. She will have her back in a confrontation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took one look at the ooc and was like character sheets will be the death of me ehhhhh lol

Status
Not open for further replies.