Walking Dead Season Premiere (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempest

Floofmami
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Only 30 minutes in and all I can say is DAAAAAAMMMMMMN.

That was too damn much. If the whole season is going to be like that, there's no way I'll be able to watch it anymore.

I think I'm in denial at this point. It must have overloaded my system cuz I just started laughing and making jokes anytime it got intense again.

That said...

Neegan Sluggers

I knew how that was going to go, but damn I was not ready.

I really had to leave the room. I couldn't handle it. I can handle some pretty dark stuff, but that was way too damn much.

GLenn is just hiding underneath the bat

5x3IQoHl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Hellis Holy shite I laughed so hard coffee came out my nose.

My favourite characters always die. Hershel, T-Dog, now Glenn.

[spoili]I'd already figured out that Abraham was going to get it, but Glenn's death was out of nowhere. I probably could have handled it a lot better if they hadn't had Negan enjoying himself so much.....or made Glenn call out to Maggie after he was hit. That was a punch to the heart. [/spoili]

I don't watch TWD anymore, haven't since Season 3 because I feel like the writing continued to go down hill and what not, but with Glenn's death it is everywhere with my friends, media, etc. Since I don't watch the show anymore, or really care, I'm not going to get back in on it, BUT. My guess is what happened is the actor for Glenn didn't want the role anymore and wanted to be written off the show.

That is my guess, but you could probably do a quick search and find out if that is true or not. I just don't care enough to put in the effort.

I am a comic book reader, so I knew exactly what was coming. I still had to look away. The way his fingers twitched. Holy hell.

Also. Abrahams death cut me just as Deep. He was such a badass in his own way, and he even makes the piece sign from his very first appearance as he stands up to Negan. I grow weary of the show sometimes, but what is coming up is my favorite arch in th entire comics and the TV series nails the little things sometimes.

I don't watch TWD anymore, haven't since Season 3 because I feel like the writing continued to go down hill and what not, but with Glenn's death it is everywhere with my friends, media, etc. Since I don't watch the show anymore, or really care, I'm not going to get back in on it, BUT. My guess is what happened is the actor for Glenn didn't want the role anymore and wanted to be written off the show.

That is my guess, but you could probably do a quick search and find out if that is true or not. I just don't care enough to put in the effort.
That is wrong. IT was always planned. It is a major turning point in the comics.

I am a comic book reader, so I knew exactly what was coming. I still had to look away. The way his fingers twitched. Holy hell.

Also. Abrahams death cut me just as Deep. He was such a badass in his own way, and he even makes the piece sign from his very first appearance as he stands up to Negan. I grow weary of the show sometimes, but what is coming up is my favorite arch in th entire comics and the TV series nails the little things sometimes.

That is wrong. IT was always planned. It is a major turning point in the comics.
-shrug- Oh well. I wouldn't expect them to follow the comics as too many people complain already that they don't follow the comics. I mean...Rick isn't suppose to have a hand just like in the Comics? There are a few things they don't take from the Comics and put in the show and Glenn's death could have easily been one of them.

Read at your own Risk!
If you didn't see the episode last night, go away unless you want to cry.
Just sayin'.

Fuuuuuck
That episode has be fucked up. Glenn was my favorite and Abraham was a fuckin' beast! Buuuut... for those who read the comics as well, Glenn was suppose to die this episode and Abraham was suppose to be the one shot through the face with an arrow. It all kinda worked itself out, but still, jesus. I totally thought Carl's arm was getting chopped off, and ah! That was the most stressful hour I've had in a long time. I think it was filmed very well, an overload of suspense feels.

I loved it D:

It was inevitable. Glenn was a definite favorite of mine in both the comics and show, so to see him finally go in the show is a lot to process. Brutal and well done episode, though.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: AmethystWallflower
Late to the game bc british but holy dick
[spoili]
It sucks that Abraham died, I'm gonna miss all the 'Mother dicks' and curses of the like. :( Although I can't help but feel better bc my favourite characters are still alive - Aaron, Carol and Daryl etc. But lets be real, chances are more of them are gonna die nasty deaths if the season is gonna be anything like the first episode.
[/spoili]

That scene was two years in the making. The directors knew where they were going with that scene in regards to the deaths.

Carl made me laugh when he was talking to Rick tho. Like YO MAN UP AND JUST DO IT! GAWDDAMN!

Also, I thought the scene was well done. Negan was on point with his long ass speeches. The deaths were perfectly done. It was pretty much exact in regards to the comic save for a difference in words. They kept that scene because it is considered an iconic moment that causes Maggie to change as a person.

The WD comics are prettt gruesome anyways soo..

I feel like I'm going to drop the show because that was fucked up and dark. So fucked up and dark and I can usually handle that kind of stuff. But not this time ;A;

Oh and that reenactment from the bible was gold. Holy shit that was amazing and my heart was pounding so hard during that scene.

I originally dropped the show because of how much it's descended in quality...
Like seriously, the main cast is idiotic as shit, and why? Drama

But when I heard everyone freaking out about Neegan I peeked back in to get a look...
And yea, Dean Morgan and Steven Ogg brought a lot back to the show, they are 110% enjoyable to watch.

That being said, with them having departed I'm not sure how much of this season will actually show them.
So for now TWD has moved to "Dropped" to "Pending". And weather it moves back to Dropped or Watching depends on how much they seem to be reappearing as the series go on.

I have enough friends on Facebook who don't shut up about TWD I should be able to get a good gauge on their appearances... If not, I can always just ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.