Walkers: Origins (McTavish and Lorchenne)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bennett rolled his eyes at her. "I meant if he tries to kill us, or releases the dragons." he said, and watched on.

He raised an eyebrow at her like she had had asked him something stupid. Which she had. "Of course, vibro-sensing is basics." He put his fingertips lightly on the ground, then suddenly slammed his palms down, holding them there for a few seconds. He repeated this over and over, and then stopped. He sighed. "Not a room. A whole fuckin' complex. Place is as elaborate as the Golgi Corp Complex*. Feels like either a research facility or a fortress. It doesn't fit in with it's surroundings, which is just roots, really. And the technology to build the thing is obviously beyond what would originate from this planet."

((*His home's equivalent of the Umbrella Corporation from the American Resident Evil movie franchise))

"I think we either hit the mother lode or we've come to a trap." Amethyst said cautiously. "We have to get those eggs back and we have to catch them. Without killing them." She analyzed their situation. It may sound ridiculous, but these types of missions were often the basic ones.

She walked to the road, shading her eyes with her hand as Bennett did, feeling the burning rays of the sunlight. What an unhealthy environment, she thought. Seems like ultraviolet rays were seeping through to this planet. "How many do you suppose there are inside?" She asked, cracking her knuckles. "We just need to know and capture who's calling the shots. We can't be careless. It's strange how they don't have a guard."

Her hands fell to her sides. "Bennett." She said gravely. "Is there some kind of...weapon inside?"

"Inside? Maybe 30-ish, maybe more. Definitely more than the number of bullets I have. As for guards, they're probably inside the mill, trying to escape this murderous heat."

Bennett checked for vibrations once again. "Not that I can tell, the walls are pretty thick. I wouldn't put it out of consideration, though." He caught up, standing beside her. "How do you want to approach this?"

"This is rather complicated, Bennett." Her voice rang, but only he can hear her. Her lips didn't move and grabbed his hand. "I didn't sense the three guards just indoors. They've seen us by now."

Sure enough, two men dressed in tattered jumpers put on straw hats and walked into the sunlight, approaching them. "They're not from this planet-they have naturally yellow eyes." Amethyst continued, easing her grip on his hand, holding it properly. Sure enough, the two fake farmers put on sunglasses. "They will ask us why we're here, I will keep them shut in an illusion-COVER YOUR EARS-and you must get them unconscious-don't kill them. The Cleaners have to take them."

"G'day, miss, sir. What brings you in this private property?" The accent of the first Fake Farmer had too much empasis on some vowels.

Amethyst began to chant, her words were melodious and eerie, but oddly irrisistible. She touched the cheeks of the petrified duo.

Bennett nodded as she instructed him, though he had no clue how, as her lips weren't moving. Must be another one of her magic thingies.

The two men walked over and, as asked, he covered his ears a moment before she began to chant. Quickly, he shot his hands to the ground and grabbed two handfuls of dirt, placing them over his ears and forming them into earmuffs. It amazed the man how quickly the guards fell into a daze. As soon as he was sure they were too stupefied to attack him, he pulled a mallet from the soil and cracked them both on the backs of their heads, letting the makeshift hammer fall back into it's natural state of dust as the guards hit the floor. He dragged them into a nearby bush, so they weren't just laying out in the open, and removed the muffs when she stopped chanting.

"What's next?"

"Hey!" came a voice. That's what it definitely sounded like but it was an obviously foreign word. There were about seven or nine of them guarding from the indoors, alerted as soon as the saw what happened.

"We have to find the one who has the egg before they know we're here!" She ran inside, coming across the team of guards that made a dash to try to subdue her. She stretched out her arms hard and a blast of light exploded into them, slowing their actions. "Bennett! Quick!"

Last edited:
Bennet was quick to follow her, racing past the temporarily decommissioned guards. He skidded into the building, and began searching for the way down. Which wasn't hard, as there was a giant friggin' hole with a ladder going down it. He hopped on and slid down, landing on the two guards at the bottom, knocking them out with a thud! "Ok," he called up, quietly. "C'mon."

Amethyst released another wave of energy that knocked the guards unconscious. She touched two of them, one by the ankle and one by the neck. She whispered a spell and what looked like silver swirls animated on their skin from where she touched. She followed Bennett down the hole, landing haphazardly, but managing to catch her weight. She also touched the fallen guards and muttered the same spell. As it began to work, she dashed to the side, touching the wall. Her eyes paled for a second.

"I think I know where he is right now. The lowest floor. There's something like a safe-no, a vault!" She was panting. She hadn't exerted herself this much in a while. "There's three guards when we take a left from here. They're armed."

"I got 'em." said the Terramancer, silently rounding the corner and drawing his guns. POPPOP! POP! Off went the pistols, sending bullet's into the heads of the unfortunate guards who were standing there. "Come on, Amethyst, we have to get those eggs." he called. "Where to?"

"We take the stairs." She said, leading the way down the hall. She stopped so abruptly that she nearly stumbled, but it was too late; four more of them heard Bennett's guns and ran to the source of the sound. Amethyst figured out what race they guards were, but didn't have the time to act nor think on it. She swept her leg right under the nearest guard, causing him to stumble on another and giving Bennett an opening to attack.

He followed close behind her, having just enough time to react and stop as more men rounded the corner. Bennet pulled his guns to aim as Amethyst tripped one guard and knocked him into another, and he fired. Six more shots rang out, four more men went down. He searched the bodies for ammunition, found some bullets and a knife. Could come in handy. He reloaded, and pocketed one pistol in favor of the knife.

Down the stairs they went, going deep into the facility. No more men. Why?

It became clear when they reached the floor with the eggvault on it. They set an ambush. Dozens of armed me crowded in front of the door, the stairwell luckily keeping the two Walkers joust out of sight. "Whatta we do? Take 'em? Trick 'em? They're going to expect us." he asked, fairly worried at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.