Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
I prefer sci-fi, comedy, a little fantasy, and some slice of life.
I've always loved open rps that take place in fancy cafes or lounges where everybody who's anybody could come and go as they please, especially if you occasionally ask yourself, "Where do our characters go when they're not in a specific story?"
My take on this is Iwaku seems to one great big multiverse. Usually in the center of a multiverse, there's a place where everything connects, that place being either one great big hangout area, loung, cafe, etc. Like the title says, it'd be an open rp, so people can just jump in and out. My biggest rules will be no sex or profanity, since there are minors here.
Now, I open the floor to you all. What do you think? I'm open to suggestions and criticism.

Reactions: Phantom Hinoskioba
If I recall correctly, I think there used to be a forum on the site specifically for open/walk-in RP. I know there used to be a RP like that on Iwaku set in a multiverse that was pretty active. In theory it sounds like a good idea and a way for newer, eager roleplayers to jump into something right away, or if you just want to mess around as you please like you said. With that being said, you might be interested in the ChaRP events. They're run in the same sense as the open/walk-in type of RP you're talking about where anyone can participate.

As for your walk-in multiverse idea, I don't think it'd hurt or be too much work to lay down some foundation and a prerequisite, such as a character theme or an objective, like an end goal, that way characters have something in common or have an incentive to interact with one another. Maybe some kind of friendly contest or at the very least some activities, like party games or maybe even a scavenger hunt. Also submitting a character sheet at the very least before you can start posting in character, just to help keep things organized. For some roleplayers even the most basic character sheet i.e. Name, Age and Appearance can be a big help for them.

I specifically remember the old multiverse RP I mentioned allowed characters from existing franchises like cartoons, movies, anime or video games. So you might see something like Courage the Cowardly Dog roleplaying with Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean. For those type of existing characters, a character sheet wasn't required, all you had to do was essentially claim the character by posting them in the character thread. For original or inspired characters however, at least a basic character sheet was required before they could start posting. Of course every character sheet was automatically accepted and is simply required to keep things organized. Things like character claims and character sheets can all be kept track of in the Roleplay Extras forum.

TL;DR I think if you keep all that in mind, an open walk-in multiverse RP could be a lot of fun. It's probably important to have a goal in mind, that way characters aren't stumbling around aimlessly. Keeps things from stagnating. Also need character sheets, so people know who they're roleplaying with.

I agree with everything you said. The character sheets will definitely aid in keeping everything organized, and it's always good to know who's coming in. I guess the main goal would to be able to relax, have fun, and meet others for other worlds. There also could be activities, like darts, video games, board games, etc.

I agree with everything you said. The character sheets will definitely aid in keeping everything organized, and it's always good to know who's coming in. I guess the main goal would to be able to relax, have fun, and meet others for other worlds. There also could be activities, like darts, video games, board games, etc.
I think I'd definitely use something like that.

Great! :) What other suggestions can you all provide, like additional features and names? I'm listening.

Maybe this cafe is IC an inter-dimensional / inter-universal building, and has a shop owner who has a strict no fighting policy?

Definitely so. Plus, since we have minors as well, there will be no excessive profanity or sexual content.

Will it be just as good if I don't require participants to provide character sheets?

Here's my rp.
Could someone please take a look and see if it needs necessary improvements?