Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Transgender
Genres
Yuri, Magical Girl, High Fantasy, Sci-fi, Ray-gun Gothic, Mecha, Steam punk. Scifi Apocalyptic,
It was a the beginnings of a festive night in the village of Sigillum, the summer's heat lent it's dying warmth to make the usually cold mountain air comfortably warm, and the yearly festival's day time activities dying down... Only to be replaced by the real event, a massive town wide feast and celebration open to all, even outsiders.
Harumi Takara was relaxing near a bonfire, she had eaten well, and was now waiting for the dancing and games to begin, sure she didn't actually have a partner to dance with, or any intention to join in, but it was still nice to watch the couples and imagine...

Warcry had always been the sort to wander through life with eyes wide open. She was not the kind to let many things faze her, so she kept her head high and was always questioning everything. Her travels had taken her all throughout the lands, and this particular time she found herself at the border of a small town that seemed to be hosting some sort of festival.
"Might as well find something to eat, hmm Kinaya?" She looked at the fire bird perched on her shoulder who rustled her feathers in mock agreeance. Down she went to the festivities, and through the town gate. Her nose was pleasantly accosted by scents of different foods just begging to be eaten. Warcry had one of those physiques where she could eat nonstop all day and still gain no weight. The young swords-woman picked up a fried dumpling on a stick, two pan-seared gooseyons (she was not exactly sure what it was, but it smelled good) and a glazed, and sugared banana. While happily people watching, she did not quite pick up on the inquisitive looks as she passed by. Perhaps they were not used to seeing a phoenix, perhaps it was the large sword strapped to her back. Nevertheless, she continued forth while humming some nonsensical tune. A few more minutes of walking, and food quickly devoured, she spotted a bonfire in the distance. Warcry had suddenly desired to get closer to the fire so her companion could eat a quick bite of her own. Her phoenix ate fire instead of food, which was a fun little characteristic that took Warcry weeks to discover. She wondered why the bird kept pecking her whenever she tried to feed her meat. The swords woman found her way to the bonfire and leaned down so the fire bird could fly into the flames. Warcry did not notice the other person sitting near the fire.

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
Harumi was quite aware that someone had sat down near her, the enhanced senses given by her animalistic traits and years of training making it possible despite her distracted state of mind, though initially the only reaction she gave was a slight twitch of her ears and after a moment, a slight turn of the head to study the person, who she was certain was female.
They appeared to be be a stranger, likely having wandered into the village fairly recently, and as a result Harumi was very interested, they could have stories or news from beyond her people's admittedly meager territory.

What finally got her to stand up was the woman's bird flying into the fire, and seemingly being completely undamaged by the flames.
Deciding to approach and ask exactly what kind of bird that was, Harumi approached slowly, and once she was close, proceeded to slip, one of the sandals she was wearing for the festival broke, and she tripped over the now broken shoe, falling on top of the woman.

Warcry watched her bird bounce and bound happily in the fiery flames. Kinaya saw the woman looking at her and she happily cawed as the flames licked at her wings. One moment Warcry was smiling down at the bird, the next she was staring up at the sky. "Aghhkk--" The sword woman had managed to crack her skull soundly on one of the sitting stones. She moved to get up and placed a hand on the back of her head. Upon her moving, the world began spinning and she promptly laid back down. She suddenly remembered her sword strapped to her back and made a noise of horror. "Is my sword okay?" The red haired woman's eyes searched the strangers who was laying atop her. Warcry's eyes were filled with worry, and perhaps even an almost tear. "Are you okay as well?"

Harumi let out a surprised squeak as she fell, unable to react in time to the fall in any way that would not injure the innocent woman she was falling onto, and as such she ended up on top of the stranger, head fortunately cushioned by her breasts, though she quickly moved her head away to avoid embarrassing them both.

The first question startled and slightly confused Harumi but before she could recover her wits to answer the second question was asked and she nodded.
"Y..yes, I'm fine... But what about you?! That was a bad fall... Umm, let me take a look to see if your head is bleeding".
Harumi requested as she sat up, her festival robe having opened during the fall.

"Ahh--" Warcry had her eyes closed and was placing pressure to the back of her skull. She pulled her hand away to inspect for any blood, and there was a bit coating her hand. The swords woman's eyes closed again as her head reeled once more. "I may have hit it a bit harder than I thought originally." Warcry opened one eye to give the other woman a smile and immediately had to look away. War's face became as red as the fire that her bird was still dancing in. The woman's robe must have fallen open in the tumble that had exchanged. "Err... I can turn around if you wouldn't mind looking at my head for me. But, uh..." Warcry cleared her throat, uncomfortable with the exchange at hand. "Ma'am, you're .. uh, your robe is open."

At the sight of the blood on the other woman's hand Harumi panicked slightly, if she had managed to seriously injure a guest the village council would roast her alive! Well, not literally but their rants were just as bad...
"Oh no! Umm... Let me see..."
She moved closer to Warcry, nearly touching as she felt around the injured spot, it didn't seem life threatening at least...
"Umm... I'm so sorry, to make it up to you as long as you are here I will... Protect and care for?..."
She rambled off the oath she had heard some time... Or perhaps read somewhere.
As soon as she was told her robe was open, Harumi seemed to freeze up, before suddenly wrapping her arms around herself.
"Oh gods no! The first person to see me is supposed to be my husband!"
She cried, trying to reorder her robe and regretting not wearing her usual breast band.

"Oh no! I did not mean to offend you!" War still was looking away, her face was still flushed deep scarlet. "I just thought you would want to know. I promise I did not see mu-- anything. I did not see anything!" Dear Gods, help her. Warcry's first day in a new village and already causing chaos. How lucky she was that Kinaya chose that moment to fly out of the flames. This gave War something else to focus on. She finally dared a look at the other woman and saw that her dress robes were all in order. "I suppose I should introduce myself, my name is Warcry. I can go by War for short." She smiled hesitantly, still unsure of the situation at hand. "That speech you just said was very poetic. What is it for?" War was mentioning how this stranger was offering to protect her.

"Hah... Y..you did not offend me... I umm, I was just careless and embarrassed myself in front of you... I apologize for shaming myself in front of you, as well as injuring you".
She apologized before going red again, Harumi's fox like ears picked up on the cut off word... And proceeded to droop in response.
"You saw everything didn't you?..."
There was no way to have avoided it... She might as well get the shame over and done with.
"Oh! I am Harumi... Nice to meet you War... And I'm not entirely sure what that speech was... Something about bonds I think..."

"Oh, I saw nothing! I promise!" War looked away with her face aflame with embarrassment. She may had seen a thing or two, but nothing horribly incriminating. "Here I am in a new town for not even ten minutes and I've already somehow started trouble." Warcry put her face in her hands and sighed very heavily. "Well the speech was good, nonetheless." War raised her head out of her hands and smiled quickly, still not quite sure how to approach this woman. "Nice to meet you, Harumi. I hope you do not feel strange as to what has transpired here. I am... Er, I am used to things like this happening to me." War started to laugh beside herself and looked back at her phoenix in the fire.

"Y...You're sure you didn't see anything? If you did it would be bad..."
Harumi stated, she herself didn't even know why it was so bad... But all the village elders had said so therefore it must be true.
"Well... Technically I started the trouble by falling onto you... So don't feel bad about it".
Harumi stated as she listened to the stranger.
"I... Would be lying if I said this didn't make me feel strange but it isn't too bad... I know! To make it up to you, why don't I show you around the village?"