W.O.L.F Pack: Operation Arctic Blast

Status
Not open for further replies.
His countenance remained unfazed, the same pleasant and flirtatious grin plastered across his face despite the woman's hostility. It was and expected result for her to respond in the manner she did, given both her status and her nationality. She did a fine job establishing that she wasn't just some eye candy, but that in no way stopped Atlas from looking. As she made her way beside him he took a drag from his cigarette and reclined a bit in his chair. Crossing his arms across his chest as he exhaled, a plume of smoke escaping smoothly from behind his grin.

"Can't say I didn't expect you to be feisty.", he spoke in a rather casual tone as the woman engaged him. His gaze finally leaving her as he removed the dwindling cigarette from his mouth, moving it about in his fingers. At this point he was indifferent to how his relationship with the group progressed, but Atlas was a straightforward man and he was fairly certain he made his position clear in regards to his intent towards his and Bridget's relations from this point onward.

He rose an eyebrow and turned his head to face her slightly in response to her next question, his visage remaining casual. He prepared to answer her when he was cut off by the rather eccentric young man with his dog rather bluntly joined the conversation. He didn't necessarily mind the recognition as much as he did the timing of it. His attention shifted to the man in front of him, his face remaining blank for a moment before he completely leaned back in his chair and proceeded to answer the new guest in their conversation.

"No kid, I'm sure the pleasure is all mine.", his tone was bore no small semblance of sarcasm, but was nonetheless friendly for the most part. He returned his attention to the woman beside him and began to spoke, but was once again interrupted, this time by their commanding officer.

"Line up team!", resounded through the cargo haul of the plane and immediately elicited a response among the crew. Atlas rose as well, turning to Bridget as he did so.

"Well I suppose that answers your question", he said as he planted himself firmly in his stance, arms folded behind him. His composure shifting to one of strict professionalism as he waited for Wolf One to proceed.

Bridget ignored his flirtation with ease, she was used to it, so long as he knew she wasn't going to allow him to simply walk all over. She didn't mind the smoke either, she actually enjoyed the smell a bit because it reminded her or home a bit. The dog drew her attention again, and for a second time Bridget thought of just one word: Awww!!! Her mind screamed again as she looked down at the rottweiler, she forced her face to keep her composure though as she looked to the newest addition to the group as well.

She watched the group, enjoying just being the observer of the chaos that seemed to continue, and then the man that had rudely excused himself earlier barked the order to line up. Bridget was on her feet in an instant, immediately going into attention. "Well I suppose that answers your question," she heard the flirt-er say to her, she glanced at him in the corner of her eye and was a bit surprised to see him also have a professional look about him, she snapped her gaze back onto the man, waiting for orders.

"No one was interested in names when ye mighty good ole' Britain came through our camp in the middle of the -"

Just as he was turning to listen to the man's response, Freed was assaulted by a hundred-pound furry mass. "JESUS FFFF-" The rest of a choice string of profanities was cut short by a slobbery lick to his face. " MISHKA! UNTEN! " He managed to pry the dog off his face, and it settled for sitting with its head on his lap. Wiping his face with the back of his hand, he regarded the rottweiler with a look of indignation. So far, he had managed to antagonize three team members and now set himself up for a deep, extended relationship with a dog. A perfect start to a perfect vacation.

Freed looked back up at the twins, shaking off the awkward interruption. "We... we fought for the SRA. So, a wee bit of tension is built up. Sorry, kid." He could tell the guy still didn't like him, but as long as he wasn't planning on throwing him off the plane any time soon, he could deal with that. He similarly waved off his sister and Mills' apologies. "'Tis all good."

"Ye need to simmer down! ye making the newbie uncumfortable!"
Laughing at Mills' Scottish act, he added in perhaps the worst Scottish impersonation ever attempted, "Ye, yer gonna make the lil British kid cry."

The atmosphere suddenly changed as another man burst into the room. "Line up team!" Ah, the familiar voice of abusive authority. Looking around him, he picked out a random guy (with the smoke) who appeared to know what he was doing, and made a half-arsed attempt at copying his stance. He dragged himself out of his seat (taking a moment to push the dog off) and stood with his arms folded behind his back, casual grin still on his face.

Last edited by a moderator:
the fake Scottish accent made mills break into laughter, but then he calmed himself down and took his normal calm posture. When the captain came barging into the room mills chuckled, leaning down and bracing himself as the dog ran into him. Mills picked the dog up in arms holding him and his heavy weight, and stepping into line still smirking at the posture and the correctness of their stance. but then he decided it would be proper for him to also do it, so he set the dog down and placed his hands behind his back his chest leaning out a bit more and his head straight and eyes on the captain as he learned in basic. His hands tightly clasped together behind his back just on his hip line, he didn't do this often but it was the least to do to his new quote on quote command.

Haven frowned and spoke quietly "Oh, Right: sorry...." She trailed off holding her arm to her side. She grimaced at the loud sound of the ramp closing, and she stepped forward away from the sound. She heard the loud voice of an old man towards the front of the plane. He called out for the group to line up. She threw her arm up, and it landed in an awkward position, like a half salute/ half dance move. She shot a look to Dej and said "He said line up! Your gonna get in trouble before we are even on the field!"

Drake nodded and looked around the back of the plane. He took a note of a dog and sighed. His boss warned him a dog might be coming with the group, and they helped design a cage that was safe to drop from the sky, maintain a parachute, and keep the dog alive. His eyes drifted to Dej, his arms in his pocket casually, like Drake wasn't a high ranking officer, but his equal. Stepping towards him, he said to everyone "Everyone take note of Mr. Dej. His arms are in his pockets, his posture is sloppy, and he is unbalanced. He is relaxed, as if we are friends." He reached Dej now, and quickly raised a hand as if to hit him, but instead laid it on Dej's shoulder. He held it tightly and had a slight grin on his face and nodded towards Dej.
" He did do what I wanted him to, getting his attention on me. He did it in his own way, which is what I like. We are all individuals, capable of making are decisions. We are not marines. We are not Navy Seals. We are the W.O.L.F Pack, a mercenary team working for H-E. I am not your boss, I am not the one paying you, nor am I the one who picked you out. I am like your manager." Drake took around the room and his eyes fell upon the Irish duo. "We have to trust each other, even though we are all from different places." His eyes fell upon the Italian woman, Bridget, then to the British kid, West and finally to Mills and the dog. "Two more things: One, make sure that dog doesn't bite anyone and keeps quiet, unless you want the dog to be thrown out of the air half way there." He said sarcastically, then followed up with "Two I would recommend everyone taking a seat and buckle up- Its about to get bumpy." He finished as he felt the airplane rolling out of the hangar.​

"He said line up! You're gonna get in trouble before we are even on the field!"

Dej couldn't help it. He smirked. Completely. He was a trouble maker. Which is why he never made rank even though he was one of the best at what he did. It was cute that the young woman even cared. Though, since she was a woman, it shouldn't be that surprising. Dej, though surprised, was slightly mollified by the sentiment too. It had been a long time since anyone actively cared about him apart from the job. Of course that could be what this was too.

When the Captain however came over and singles him out, Dej tensed. While his posture was sloppy, it didn't mean he was off balance and couldn't defend himself. If this Captain tried anything funny, he'd break the arm that was now stretched towards him. Dej's black eyes followed the Captain and he did flip his cybernetic eye over to heat seeking to have a better idea what was happening. He didn't think the other man was a threat, mainly because he was reading normal across the charts, but that really didn't mean anything with these type of men. Then the captain clasped Dej's shoulder. Firmly.

"We are all individuals."

Dej didn't move until the hand was removed. He rolled his shoulders, getting out the tension. He didn't enjoy being touched. But he could deal with it short term. Or allow it when necessary. In this case it was the latter. Though it didn't make him happy. When he told everyone to take a seat he didn't hesitate. He still had his bag to secure. Though it would be humorous to see people freaking out when the bomb started spilling out of it. Dej smiled and chuckled a little under his breath as he quickly tucked the bag behind the cargo net and took the seat in front of it. He just finished belting himself in when the plane lifted off the ground.

Was his dog threatened to get thrown off the plane?, his face went from calm to stern. He closed his eyes and re opened them, and the smile slowly came back as he went to his seat without words. He took his place in his seat, and the dog went into its cage which was placed formally in the corner strapped to the floor. The dog laid on the floor and closed its eyes, and as if it happened in an instant. The dog went to sleep, Michael leaned back into his seat closing his eyes also. He slowly fell asleep gaining his rest.

The twins didn't seem to care much about the demeanor of the captain as he, as some could put it, "make an example" out of Dej. When the plane began taking off, they resumed their previous posture, sitting, unbuckled, in the seats. Looking at the captain fastening his harness Caroline laughed playfully, "Oi, we've had plenty bumpier rides. than this." She turned to Caddock, "You remember the time we flew right over that fort with the old 747 we found in the plane scrapyard, thing?" Caddock laughed, "With no seats in it and we were being sprayed with flak shells? Hell yeah I remember that!" His tone became much more somber, "That's how we lost Jenkins. Crazy bastard was looking out one of the windows and a round came through and hit him right in the chest." Caroline took his hand in her, "Remember what he said dough, Remember me how I lived. Chargin' into battle screamin' my name like a fool." She then shifted her gaze towards the captain, "We ain't fixin' to be shot at with any anti-air, are we?"

Bridget tried not to show her emotions on her face, but confusion was definitely one of them. She went through months of Basic and commanding officers yelling in her face only to come here and then be told to...be herself? Part of her thought to speak up and rebel, they weren't individuals, they were one! But she kept her mouth shut and supposed that she wouldn't have been sent here under his command if he wasn't properly qualified. Only when he left would she relax as she looked perplexed at the door that he just exited out of.

"That's our leader," she couldn't help but ask, she didn't expect a response as she decided to get a bit comfortable. The rip of velcro was heard as she unzipped her jacket, she had a simple white t-shirt underneath as she folded up the jacket nicely and stuffed it away in her duffle bag. She watched the dog trot over to the cage, again her gaze on him as she thought, poor thing. He needs a belly rub. She eased back in her own seat, not bothering to buckle up as she looked towards the group and then swept her gaze back to the man that had been flirting with her earlier. Better try to make friends...or this'll be a long trip.

"Bridget Mieva, people call me Lucky," she said to the man across from her (Atlas), "you have a name or should I just refer to you as bastardo civettuola (flirtatious bastard)?" Vaguely she gave herself a slow clap on her people-skills, but at the same time she figured no one spoke Italian here so it wasn't as though she would get caught as easily. Though 'bastardo' wasn't that hard to translate for Americans, she had to run a mile the first day because she breathed that word under her breath after a drill sergeant had got in her face.

Atlas shifted his gaze slightly towards his "manager". He wasn't so sure taking such a lax demeanor towards his crew was the most efficient route, but that wasn't his call. In the end as long as he got his money he wasn't going to complain on his methods. However this seemed to be a rather easygoing bunch so such concerns were most likely trivial. He relaxed his stance and returned to his seat once Goblin finished his interactions with the group. Rummaging through his trench coat he decided to treat himself to another cig, just as the beautiful Italian woman engaged him in conversation again.

"That's our leader?", he raised an eyebrow towards the question as he brought the cigarette to his lips, lighting it and taking a deep drag. He reclined in his seat once more, relaxing himself while exhaling steady stream of smoke.

"Quite the interesting approach to the whole "leader" role, I know.", his gaze shifted back towards the male for a moment. Enjoying his stoge during the brief break in conversation before he took notice to the woman removing he uniform jacket. He wasted no time in regarding her astounding physique, accentuated by the less dense fabric of her white t-shirt. His suspicions were confirmed as she was most certainly a person of intriguing and, in regard to her assets, substantial proportions. He stifled the urge to give her compliment her with a classic wolf whistle, deciding not to come on to strong. Besides at this point his intentions were clear enough.

"Not a bad title although....Preferirei che mi chiami il tuo stallone (I'd prefer you call me your stallion).", he responded with a slight chuckle and an ever present grin, staying true to his flirtatious first impression. Auditory augmentations came with standard translation, so he hoped his response broke the illusion that he was not attuned to her nationality.

"I suppose that's all in due time. Names Atlas Kaiser, call sign: Cipher. Quite the pleasure.", his eyes fixated on hers as he spoke. Retrieving his cigarette pack and tapping the bottom he procured a loosey and extended it towards her.

"Care for a smoke? I'm digging your "hard girl" persona, but in truth I'd like to think your a bit more lax than that.", he spoke candidly waiting to see if he would returning his cigarette to the back or have the pleasure of engaging the lovely lady in a more relaxed conversation.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
**Four Hours Later**

A red light went off in the quiet plane. An intercom went off, the pilot saying "Wake up boys and girls, you got about..... 1 hour and 30 minutes till ya'll gotta jump!" Standing up and stretching, Drake looked around the group and said "So who wants to come up with a battle plan so we can pull this off flawlessly!"

'I guess that means drop your cocks and grab your socks!", Caddock whooped as he stood and and moved over to the twins' massive duffle bags. He slip Caroline hers, and without saying anything more they began stripping down. They stripped down to brass tacks, revealing a set of red lace lingerie being born by the now nearly bare body of Caroline. She made eye contact with Atlas, "Well? it helps boost my confidence." Caddock laughed as he opened his bag, pulling out his gear. Caroline followed suit. They pulled out cold weather, winter camo fatigues and put them on quickly. They then took out the other basic gear. Combat vests containing extra ammo. Of course the backpacks they had brought onto the plane with them contained their other gear. Rations and ecetera. "Should we camo up now, or on the ground?" Caddock asked. "Let's play it safe and do it now." They pulled other bags from the bags. They opened them and took out large suits of three dimensional camo. It was white, but without the black flecks of their fatigues. After putting them on they looked like fluffy yeti people. They left the hoods down. The whole process took a little less than ten minutes.

Caddock pulled out a strange looking cylinder and opened it. He pulled out a violin bow, and from peices in the tube assembled a plastic violin. Caroline took a roll of white mesh looking stuff and sat back down. She wrapped the rifles in the material around the two's rifles, masking both the color and the profile of the weapons. Caddock looked at the rest of the group. "Mind if I play a little something before we charge into battle? It is a wee bit of a tradition I have goin'."

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
She raised a brow when he easily spoke Italian, obviously intrigued as she scrunched her eyebrows at him, he didn't seem European but looks could be deceiving, she gave a smirk instead of questioning it decided to roll with it, "I still like my nickname more, bastardo." She said with a grin, her teeth making a sharp contrast against her tan skin as she relaxed in her seat and looked to the others, it appeared that everyone was settling down for the duration of the flight. They more than likely had a ways to go. She undid her bun as well, rubbing at her sore scalp and pulling out the bobby pins. Lucky really did feel like a fool for wearing her uniform, especially since she had been the only one.

Looking towards the cigarettes she had a bit of longing, she used to since in the UK someone could buy her smokes when she was only 16, she frowned though and shook her head, "Have cybernetic organs, doctor had me promise not to smoke anymore since my other one was in bad shape." She explained politely and eased back in her seat and continued to converse with Cipher through the plane ride and anyone else willing to talk casually, she didn't like sleeping on planes and so wouldn't get any rest.

There was one point where everyone was asleep and Bridget was left alone to just her thoughts as she played a puzzle on her phone out of boredom. Their fearless leader, or manager, entered and told them all to wake up. Bridget inhaled sharply as though she had just woken up, and stretched tiredly, cracking any joint she could. She rose and fished through her bag and just added on layers to her clothing, pulling on a long sleeved shirt and then a jacket with a furry hood on it to keep her warm as well, gloves, whole nine yards. She looked to the dog, "Is he joining us? Looks like he'd freeze in the cold." She said, finally giving in and scratching the dog behind the ears if she could, if he growled she wouldn't touch him.

Wake up boys and girls, you got about..... 1 hour and 30 minutes till ya'll gotta jump!

Dej groaned. His eyes flickered open and he groaned again. Dej was never much of a morning person, or night person, or whenever he woke up. He flicked his eyes briefly over to the Captain of this ragtag bunch as he continued talking. Plan? Ha. Dej didn't plan much, he kind of just did whatever the heck he wanted, which wouldn't fly here. Of course, the Captain probably didn't get the answers he wanted with the Irish redheaded twins. They went off like a two man stand up act. Dej briefly wondered if they practiced or if it was natural.

Finally Dej stood up. He stretched a little, shirt riding up enough the lowest bullet wound on his body was just visible over his jeans. Then it was gone as he lowered his arms and went to check on his bag of goodies. When he was satisfied everything was still intact and in working order, he dressed for the occasion. Dej wasn't a fan of the cold, but he could put with it better than heat a lot of the time. The best temperate was a moderate one. He left his parka unzipped and slung his bag of bombs over one shoulder. His parachute harness was already with an expert's grace.

Atlas gave her a charming smile in response to her "affectionate" pet name for him. For the most part he'd seemed to have broken the ice, evident of their more casual conversing with one another.

"One step at a time I suppose.", he said in return. He spun the loose cigarette in his digits before placing it back into the packaging. Despite his nature he was gentlemanly enough to show her the courtesy of note thoroughly scoping her out via his visual modifications. Upon her saying she was augmented as well he took the liberty of briefly scanning her anatomy, noticing her prosthetics. He exhaled another plume of smoke from his mouth, sighing lightly. He couldn't say he was surprised that she was augmented and artificial organs weren't something foreign to him, but unfortunate nonetheless.

"Heh, Fair enough. So I guess that's why they call you Lucky then huh?", he said in an effort to make conversation. For the time being, he enjoyed the reprieve along with his beautiful company. He made no small effort to slip in more than a few not so subtle flirtatious remarks as they conversed. When the conversation died off, he reclined back into his seat took the time to clear his mind before the upcoming operation. He was beginning to drift off when Wolf One returned to the cargo bay and barked his orders. He shifted his attention towards him without really altering his position. He took notice to the rest of the crew's preparations and decided to follow suit. Removing his trench coat revealed Atlas's substantially augmented figure covered only black tank top; as previously stated his arms were entirely artificial. Opening his briefcase he acquired and equipped himself in his battle harness and arsenal. Finishing up his preparations he returned his attention to Bridget who had also finished her preparations. He gave her a classic wolf whistle as he saw her outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.