VUVUZELA BATTLE

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Delnoir, Jun 23, 2010.

1. EVERYONE GRAB A VUVUZELA AND START BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF ONE ANOTHER.

EARPLUGS OPTIONAL BUT NOT RECOMMENDED!

2. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS VUVUZELA?!?! IT SOUNDS LIKE SOME KIND OF VAGINA.

3. well...you CAN out your dick in it...but I'm not sure if you'd be able to get it out again afterwards....

4. You'd need a lot of butter...

5. Helen

Relief fills me as she stops her self abuse and let's me embrace her. She's sobbing pretty badly at this point and all I can do is hold her, swaying us both side to side "You are my sunshine. My only sunshine." I begin to hum as I try to comfort her. I hate seeing her like this. Demi was such a strong woman, and I knew how it felt to want to fall apart. I was going to keep her together as long as I could.

She clutches to the back of my shirt as she cries into my shoulder. I knew what it felt like to be in her position, so I just press her against me, tracing my hand up and down her back. "Shh. Shhh. It's okay. Demi it's okay." I don't know entirely what the breakdown might be about, whether it's nightmares about today, or even of her brother, but at this point it didn't matter. All that mattered was letting her know I was there. "You aren't stupid. I just need you to breathe. You don't have anything to be sorry about my angel." I promise her, kissing the side of her head. I did not care if it was odd to be doing such an act, I just wanted to do anything that would comfort her.

"Overlord." I glance at her seriously, eyes narrowed as I pull back slightly, still keeping my hands upon her "I am not, in any layer of hell or level of heaven, going to let you sit here like this while I sleep. I am not going to close my eyes until I know you are okay." My fingers move up to her cheek, where my thumb gently rubs the tears away from her face. I place my palm against her cheek and keep it there "You before me. I owe you that much."

6. *Barges in with a sack full of Chihuahuas and then proceeds to toss them at Chaos.*

7. Jofie | Bartering Hall | Mid-Afternoon

Interactions: Female Amalgy Vendor

Jofie had been keeping a low profile since murdering the elder Arbomite yesterday. He wasn't stupid--Unity Fighters patrolled the Catacombs like a hive. If they even caught a whisper of injustice, one of their puppets was bound to find out and hunt down the perpetrator. Or an innocent person that looked like a perpetrator. Whichever. Jofie literally had no fucks to give.

However, now he was out of a job and knew that he couldn't last on his meager pay for long. Hopefully, if he spent wisely, he could hold out for a few days, which should be by the time Unity Fighers move on to investigate elsewhere. He pulled out of his thoughts as a fruit stand came into view. A young woman ran it; an Almagy and quite a pretty one. He could tell that her Human half must've been of Asian descent and she wore the qualities well. There was a confident demeanor about her, but also an underbelly of boredom from a slow day.

Perfect.

As Jofie approached, he smoothly fell into his easy-going facade. He cleared his throat. "Boring day?"

The woman startled; she had been zoning out and hadn't noticed Jofie's appearance until now. She sighed and let her shoulders deflate, but used all of her will power to slap on a polite smile. "Just slower business than usual. See anything you like?" she asked, gesturing to a fresh row of pickings from the floors of Kilabock River.

Jofie continued looking at the vendor. "Yeah, I do."

The Amalgy flushed, though she fought to keep a straight face. He wasn't the first to flirt with her and she refused to buckle just because he was somewhat attractive. She knew better than that. Jofie seemed to catch onto this, which only made his smile widen and worked a laugh out of him. He plucked a fruit from the top row.

"I like this too."

"Okay then," the woman replied with her eyes glued to the counter, "And that's got to be the oldest pick-up line in the book. I've seen better."

Jofie laughed again and idly rolled the fruit around with a single finger. He sat forward onto the counter, propped up by his elbows. "Good. I was actually kind of scared it worked. Flirting's no fun unless you keep me on my toes. Or keep me however you want. I'm not picky," he said cheekily.

The vendor squinted and scrutinized Jofie for a moment. He could see the cogs turning in her head, trying to craft the perfect comeback. Good. If she was thinking that hard about it, then she was invested into the conversation to some degree. He just had to coax her some more. "Are you here to barter or just spout corny stuff all day?"

"I can't do both?" He pointedly looked around--still no sight of new customers. "I don't mean to hold up your line or anything..."

That earned a scoff and gentle slap to the shoulder. It had skied completely over the woman's head how comfortable she had gotten around him already. "Such a smart-alick," she grumbled playfully. Jofie just smirked in that dopey, charming, and manipulative fashion of his.

"How about this then. Since I'm so smart," he put the fruit back, "I'll come back tomorrow with better material that'll make you swoon Miss..."

"Coraleen"

"Coraleen, huh? Cora it is." Jofie leaned in just a tad closer. "If my stuff isn't top notch or to your liking, I'll leave you be and let you attend to your mob of starving buyers." Cora rolled her eyes again, but she couldn't wipe the smirk from her face.

"And...though I know it's never gonna happen, what if you do?"

Jofie shrugged. "I get permission to see you again." Just as Cora giggled at this, a commotion erupted a little ways down the path. A crowd was gathering; the most Jofie could make out was the head of some Arbomite peeking over everyone else's. When Cora turned to look curiously, Jofie slipped the same fruit inside his robes, going virtually undetected. He pretended to have been watching as well once Cora placed her attention back onto him.

"The heck is going on over there?"

"Maybe he's the one stealing all your business."

Cora busted out into another round of giggles. "Would you give it a rest, jerk!"

"Damn. And here I thought you liked it," Jofie teased.

Oh--she was going to be too easy.

8. Hmmm...

9. VUVUZELAS DON'T GO HMMMMM

THEY GO BZZZAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZGGGJAKFDJLSA;FKDSAFKLSDFJKSDLA

10. You get easily used to them.

11. ....This thread is stupid. I forfeit.

12. [​IMG]
    Time: Afternoon
    Interactions: Zealots, Clo
    Allie was about to retort before feeling the strong grasp of Clo around her arm. She knew the girl was right, she knew the tactics with which the zealots liked to play. However, it was an omnipresent fact that she was a figurehead and a public icon. If she backed down from a fight now, she would validate every argument the zealots were trying to make. She couldn't allow that. She gave Clo a soft look, her eyes saying speechless words that were so loud it was impossible not to hear them. I've got this.

"If your 'sacrifice' is so great and rewarding, why haven't you offered yourself up already, then? Or 'are you not worthy'? Myself nor any of these people need to be lectured to about truths only you can attest to when you don't present anything other than semantics and hot air." Allie's words were confident and strong. When she was younger, there was no way she could have presented herself so firmly. However, years of experience, being in the public eye, made her quite the self-assured woman. If there was one thing that she was good with aside from combat, it was debate. Or at least, for her sake she hoped so.

13. HOW ABOUT I SHOVE THAT VUVUZELA DEEP WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE

YOU LIKE THAT, EH?

YOU LIKE EMBARASSING ME, EH?

14. Demi | Helen's Room

Interactions: Helen @KatSea

Helen. Please. Stop.

Stop being like this, stop treating me like a decent human being, because I'm fucking far from one. Something bitter and thick burns and sloshes around inside me--guilt. It's gotta be guilt, the fucking worst of its kind. She's really wasting all of her attention and care on me, isn't she? And on top of it all, she's doing it of her free fucking will...God this hurts and makes me feel better all at once.

I push my wild hair back and heave a sigh. "Look, let's just...agree that neither of us owe the other anything. Saying "owe" is like...fuck, I don't know, it sounds like a business trade or some shit." I notice that she hasn't removed her hand from my face. My cheeks heat up a little; it's kinda embarrassing to receive all of this physical contact, but I know this is Chipmunk's way of expressing care. It's not that I hate or dislike it, just...it's a bit fast. All of these new emotions and shit ramming through me like a bulldozer--and all in one day.

"How about we at least call it a, uh, hell I don't know...Ugh!"

Feeling like an idiot, I flop onto my back with my arms crossed, glaring holes through the ceiling. Fuck you, brain. You never work when I want you to, goddammit! All you're good for is shit-my-pants inducing nightmares and flip-flopping emotions. Useless pile of crap. "Just not owing..." I mutter, defeated.

"Demi when you need me I will be here. I will always be here when you need me," Helen says.

My lips pinch together. Again, my emotions are a whirlwind of different shit. Gratitude being the biggest one, but then there're undercurrents of good ole guilt, shame, care, frustration, confusion...I swallow all of them down. My emotions never make sense, this shouldn't be a surprise or anything, so I know how to ignore them.

"Ditto," I mumble under my breath. It's impossible the fight off the soft smile gracing my face. I stay laying down for a bit before grumbling and sitting up again. If Chipmunk is serious about staying awake, then I'm not gonna just make her sit there in awkward silence and shit. I stare at her, my brain trying to be helpful for once. Then, a stupid and funny idea hits me and my grin turns impish.

"Hey...ya know, my abnormality isn't always scary and shit. Wanna see something funny as hell?" My face is getting hot as fuck already. Gaaaaaawd, this was going to get interesting as fuck, I know it, but hopefully it'll lift the shitty mood I created.

15. I HAVE SEEN A WHOLE NEW SPECTRUM OF PAIN

I HAVE SEEN A RAINBOW

16. [video=youtube;rPXHI2h-K-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPXHI2h-K-M[/video]

17. TEGAN

THE ONLY PUNISHMENT FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE IS A PAINFUL DEATH

AT THE HANDS OF SPECULES~

18. Darkness might like this.

[​IMG]