VRMMORPG Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would have low level equipment, Whites if you would. But they would still be of a fantasy nature. There wouldn't be any modern suit and tie type of things. That's just my belief. It would be a little odd for everyone else to be running around in cuirasses and your character to be sporting a three button and slim, post 1990s tie with a fidora.

They would have low level equipment, Whites if you would. But they would still be of a fantasy nature. There wouldn't be any modern suit and tie type of things. That's just my belief. It would be a little odd for everyone else to be running around in cuirasses and your character to be sporting a three button and slim, post 1990s tie with a fidora.
Oh, I'm not saying super-modern, but the suit in some form has been around a long tme.

I'd like to join as well. An elf character would probably be my choice.

I would like to join as well. It seems like an amazing idea! I'm still watching GGO but I've always loved SAO and now I love GGO.

Oh, I'm not saying super-modern, but the suit in some form has been around a long tme.
Then I am fine with it, whatever variation you come up with.

Death you're more than welcome to come along.

If I'm not mistaken, that is 6 people. Four plus myself and one other. Now, I suppose we need to start brainstorming on regions and cities within Mythius. I will have more time this weekend to devote to it, but right now I have work in the AM.

I'm the +1! Me and Inspector-senpai have been working really hard but he neglected to give me the link to come here >.<

Nice to meet you! I call the healer class!

Well okay, what's the game's aesthetic? Fantasy I know, but is it high, low, romantic, what?

It is truly what we make it. The first leg of the game will be to level and beat bosses. The second leg of the game will be to survive it, whether that be through connections with other players or sheer will power. The third leg of the game will be a return to reality and to the game itself. There will be a lot of aspects from SAO thrown in.

When you create a character and class, I want you to think, how will this work out in the long run? How far will this character get me. Every character has the potential to be epic, however some will succeed better than others. In video games, there is a ceiling that some characters just can't break through. A healer will never make it as the last person standing. A tank will never be able to survive a boss battle alone, also. When you are making your character, I want the thought to be "How will this character ensure that no one dies?" That doesn't mean only the character's in game abilities. The personality, the characteristics, the development. These creations will not be static. Unlike MMOs such as World of Warcraft, where the character does not develop except for its skills, Mythius will allow for character growth both emotionally and physically.

As for a specific categorization of what type of RP this will be, I am purposely avoiding answering that because there is no one answer. Consider Mythius to be your life, not just one aspect of it.

Well it was a question for the whole group since we're worldbuilding. If we just say Fantasy, one person may be thinking Conan, one may thing Warhammer Fantasy, one may thing Eberon, one may think Ladyhawk, and one may think Mirrormask. Fantasy is a really broad Genre, so I wanted to narrow it down.

Alright. I suppose I should have been mildly clearer about this lol. It's definitely sword and board, Staff and spell. Arms and Magic Online. I don't know a lot of the references you just made but Space Marines are out. All phasers will be confinscated at the door. Not that I have anything against them. I truly don't. But, as my shared brain child, I'm only down for prehandgun era fantasy. Bombs and the such, however, I'm really okay with. Wanna make an early hand grenade, feel free. Photon beams will be neutralized though. unless it's a particle beam spell.

That is your sand box. Go wild inside of it. :)

I specified Warhammer Fantasy for a reason. It's just a variety of fantasy settings of a bunch of different fantasy subgenre. It was more for aesthetic, so we didn't have, say, something out of Hindu Myth in something low fantasy (you want over-the-top fantasy? The Ramayana has a guy who fires arrows so fast he makes a shield out of them).

Fire Arrow Shield? That'd be an awesome endgame ability. That is exciting.

Personally, I'm alright with super powerful endgame characters outside the realm of "I blinked, you're dead." Those just aren't fun to play. But a magic user that is able to call down a storm of brimstone? I'm okay with it. A sword user that can split an arrow in half as it is being shot at him, totally okay with it. A healer with amazing buffs that can also hold her own with a weapon, totally fine. But outside of the realm of dodgable is where I would like the line to be drawn.

Okay, so "low fantasy early game, high fantasy lategame" with the middle being weird/romantic/epic fantasy. Good for the feel.

Beginning = People are going to be excited and happy.
Middle = People are going to be scared and dying.
End = People are going to find relief and happiness

Well I know that for narrative structure. I think we're talking about two different things. I'm talking about the world of the MMO itself, and the subgenre and feel of the game at it's different stages.
Low level = Low Fantasy, Swords and Sorcery
Mid level = Romantic Fantasy, Weird Fantasy, Epic Fantasy
High level = High Fantasy, Most mythologies

Inspector-senpai, make this happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.