VR Troopers (Power Rangers Shared Universe) [Sci-Action Epic]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DramaMyth

Original poster
This is an interest check for creating an expansive and shared Universe for the upcoming Power Rangers (2017 Movie) reboot, based on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers of the 90s. If you're a 90's kid, you will also remember the spin off series called VR Troopers. If not that's fine as well, the show was basically by Saban and featured three young adults stumbling across an abandoned laboratory that contained very advanced VR technology, decades ahead of its time. There they meet an AI system of the best friend/partner main protagonists' father, whom was a scientist. There they learn that there is a parallel VR dimension along side Earth's, and that the technology they discovered can quantify and materialize virtual quanta. Thus the characters utilize this tech to become defenders of Earth AND the VR realm as well. This would contain a ton of action and sci-fi themes, the tone would be similar to something like Doctor Strange, just replace the magic and mysticism with Tech and VR. Originally, I'd need two characters to fill out the trio of "main" best-friend characters who are the VR troopers. I myself will be playing JB Reese, the computer wiz of the group and a black belt nerd of sorts. The other two characters from the series are:

• Ryan Steele (M), A very noble soul who's obsession with the mysterious disappearance of his father causes him to void the world of his responsibilities and duties. He knows Kait and JB through the dojo they all train at, as his father used to train him when he was just a boy. Ryan's obsessive quest to locate his dad is mellowed by a desire not to see his friends, or their world, suffer. Has a Golden Retriever named Jeb.
  • Kaitlin Star (F), a reporter and photographer for a newspaper called Underground Voice Daily. When she wasn't saving the world as a caretaker, she is saving it through her journalism and photography, using her voice to try and make a real difference in the world of corruption and injustice.

There are other characters from the series that I will be including into this universe as well, but I'm open to taking more characters both series based and OC's, however there will NOT be more than the 3 VR troopers I've listed above. There will be some easter eggs to Angel Grove and Power Rangers, but nothing direct (at least not for now) I have most of the plot outlined I just need to confirm which villain I'm going to use. If you need more info about the series I'm adapting, click here.

Long term rpers only, I'm building a universe not a short story. And yeah! Respond if interested! I look forward to having an epic rp with some fun ppl!

Status
Not open for further replies.