Voyage of the Andromeda IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Let me make something clear to all of you."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Roland looked over each of the soldiers, all of them were now his responsibility, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"We're going to be one of the first squads down. That means we're going into hell. If you all want to make it back I've got two conditions. The first, you follow my orders. Second, look out for the man next to you."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Roland looked towards Clive, and pointed at Scarlett as he introduced her. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"My names Roland. This is Scar."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]--[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Of course sir."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] El sat down in the chair. Everything seemed almost pristine. The LSCS (Lightspeed Control System) took care of all the micro-adjustments needed during faster-than-light travel. Though the station was tranquil for now, El knew it wouldn't long until she would have to put her skills on display. She hoped for her own and the Alliance's sake that it would be a clean entry.[/BCOLOR]

Gerald activated the lightspeed exit precautions and waited as the blurry stars suddenly focused into alignment. As the planet appeared in front of the ship, Gerald turned to Eleanor. "Alright Bose, I want you to put us in low orbit. We are going to deploy troops immediately." He then activated the deployment procedures and turned to the communications officer. "Berkowitz! I want a direct line of communication to the governor immediately!"

In the barracks, the deployment alarm began to sound as officers shouted orders. "Everyone suit up for deployment! This is not a drill!" The datapad Jack was given lighted up with deployment orders. His squad was assigned to Erik's dropship. Clyde grinned as he began putting on his armor. "Looks like it's the real deal guys. Let's hope we all make it back in one piece." He finished putting on his armor but left his helmet clipped to his belt. He jogged over to the armory and retrieved his light machine gun and returned to his squad. "Ready to go!"

In the hanger, Logan looked up as the alarms began to blare. "Alright guys here is the deal. We are anvil squad and our objective is to help secure the governor's bunker. Since the capitol is heavily guarded by flak cannons it means we are going to be dropped off at the edge of the city and work our way in. Scouting reports indicate that the insurgents have captured a few mechs and tanks so be on the lookout. Since we are going to be fighting in an urban environment it means we are going to have to keep an eye out for traps and ambushes. My plan is for us to split up into two teams. Ron and Ivy will be anvil 3 and 4. Myself and Quinn will be anvil 1 and 2. The main path to the bunker is the main boulevard. But my experience says that the boulevard will be the most heavily guarded and watched. So we will take the side roads and back alleys and cut around it. Now get ready to go. The troops will drop first but we will go shortly after them. I have sent all the info to your mechs so suit up and get ready." Logan have a quick salute then jogged over to his mech which had a large cobra painted on one of the arms. Ron turned to Ivy and smiled softly, "well I guess you are stuck with me. I will try to keep up."

As the deployment alarms blared, Erik took out his headphones and grinned excitedly. "Well about damn time." He quickly jogged over to a group of other drop pilots and exchanged some handshakes and back pats. He then ran back over to the vomit comet and began the pre-flight checks as he turned on the speakers and began loudly playing "Fortunate Son".

Quinn Tark Location: Hangar Bay

The alarms blared drowning out most of the noise in the hangar, Logan quickly relayed their mission and squad assignments. Quinn was assigned the callsign Anvil 2 and was paired with Logan. Logan finished giving the mission details gave a quick salute, and rushed over to his mech. Quinn out of habit returned the salute even though Logan was no longer anywhere near her, Quinn bolted over to Valkyrie in the Hangar whilst getting her flight suit back on. Once there she flung open her storage crate and retrieved her side arm and helmet, which bore the same Valkyrie symbol along the back of it. Dawning her helmet and holstering her side arm Quinn climbed up her mech and climbed inside the cockpit. Quinn began flipping switches and pressing buttons left and right as if it was second nature to her the mechs torso began to close a loud ssssssssssssss could be heard as the cockpit sealed itself. Quinn grabbed the seats safety belts and locked herself in, Quinn couldn't help but feel a small twinge of excitement as the time to get onto the battlefield neared. Quinn took a deep breath to calm herself, flicking one final switch the cockpits screen lit up displaying what the mech was seeing. Quinn radioed into the hangar control center "This is Quinn Tark checking in running pre-mission diagnostics. Radar operational, weapons online, optics operational, holo display up and running, hull intact, pressure stable. All systems are green." an ALL CLEAR message showed on her holo display Quinn hailed Logan "Commander this is Anvil 2 all systems are go and I'm cleared for launch awaiting your orders!" Quinn calmly gripped the controls awaiting further orders.

Clive Yarin: Barracks

The alarms began blaring, giving a quick look to his CO he saluted and rushed towards the armory.

Clive Yarin: Armory

Rushing to his station Clive began dawning his armor, this armor had been through a lot and had the scars to prove it. Clive began putting each piece of armor on over his jumpsuit, first the legs, the the chest followed by the arms, and finally the helmet. The helmet was capable of opening up which Clive did so he could enjoy the cool air a bit more. Looking at his left forearm he checked the small display and pressed a few keys to run a systems scan, the scan took a few seconds before showing an ALL CLEAR. Clive covered the screen with his sleeve and opened his weapons locker, Clive grabbed his pistol, SMG, and several knives of various sizes. Finally he grabbed his personal weapon what he called the Thunder Javelin an extending sword/staff that had saved his life more than once. Clive closed his lockers and rushed to the hangar.

Clive Yarin: Hangar Bay

Rolling up his sleeve Clive checked his drop ship assignment "DROP SHIP ASSIGNMENT: VOMIT COMET" was displayed Clive raised an eyebrow Well that name inspires confidence! Clive ran over to the ship doing his best not to be in the way of the many busy engineers making sure everything was ready for launch. Finally arriving at the ship Clive climbed into the back of the ship. Clive looked at his suit display and activated his helmet, the helmet closed and sealed. Clive couldn't see a thing before the helmets screen lit up and displayed the area around him and several holo messages. Clive leaned back and took a deep breath and mentally prepared for the tasks ahead

[BCOLOR=transparent]Cpt. Eleanor Bose[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]El decided to switch the automated braking controls off. There's nothing quite like the period of time in which a star ship travelling at light speed unlocks its controls and a pilot is given full command of one of the greatest man-made forces of all time. El's fingers danced with the hull. There was two seconds of braking, slowing the ship to allow the sensors to pick up scans of the planetary positions. Once El knew where the planets she pinged the computer to generate a full burn course. El didn't wait for the autopilot to stay a course, instead she flew it herself.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It wouldn't take long until they were in low-orbit, "We should be ready to drop ships over Antiaxis in less than an hour sir!" Enough time for the ship to get ready to drop. El figured it would probably take another hour of looping between the different drop zones.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]--[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sgt. Jack Roland[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Jack's legs felt tight in the new drop trooper armor. Hoping that it was only this way to prevent his knees from breaking on the descent he headed towards the hangar bay. After climbing aboard the Vomit Comet Jack turned on the squad call.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Everyone in?" Jack fiddled with the belt for his seat, "Our orders are to drop in Menlo Park. It's right next to the city's power relay station. We have to infiltrate the station and shut it down. We're expecting light resistance at the station, but it's nothing we can't handle." The insurrectionist had most of their forces patrolling near the PADs and the battle zones. Most of time a smaller objective like the station would have a small squad of units posted to secure the area, couldn't be more than ten men.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I want everyone to turn their comms off after we take care of the station. We're ordered to have minimal conflict on our way to PAD Bravo Three. That means we're traveling silent." Jack caught his breath before continuing. "Scar, me, and Cylde will group and engage the station once we drop. Clive, there's an emergency armory nearby the drop zone. Intel doesn't know if there's anything left inside but they want to us to clear the room. All clear?"[/BCOLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yvette "Ivy" Lancaster

"Oh? Very nice meeting you, Quinn Tark. Ah, you're the second person to share that I'm being mentioned in the academy. It's an honor that my time in the forces have been documented and available to cadets, but I have to be humble.."

Ivy looked up as the alarms blaring, signaling the beginnings of the official start of their first mission. The gentle smile on Ivy's face slowly faded away as she listened the briefing, placement, and instructions on how everything will go. As Logan spoke, Ivy repeated everything quietly to herself, engraving every single point into her mind. There was no time for any self-doubt she may have, even for someone experienced like her. It's been a good few years since her last battle. This would be the first one with her disabilities. Ivy adapted and trained with her bionics in practice simulations, trained her body physically to counter any slight delay her prosthetics may give, but there was always that chance of malfunction. It only happened once where her entire bionic arm froze in place while she trained and was quickly diagnosed and repaired. But, that event always held a negative knot in her stomach.

Ivy looked over at Ron and gave him a firm head nod before heading over to her own mech. She quickly scaled the scaffolding and squeezed inside, manually shutting and sealing the window. With a few flips of switches and a single hold-press of a large, green button, Tula came to life. The hissing of hydraulics releasing each limb of her mech, the decompression of her cockpit, the flashing lights and trill alarms on her dash displaying Tula welcoming Ivy back into the game.

"Are you ready Tula?" Ivy nestled herself into her seat, buckling herself in as she gave the final check up on her own mechanical limb. "Let's make daddy proud."

After quickly tying her hair into a single large tail, she placed and adjusted her headpiece, fidgeting with the microphone before clicking it on.

"Yes, this is Ivy Lancaster reporting for check-in. Mechanical operations are a go, weapons are running cool at 100% with full ammo, switching on location...signed in...navigations are on point, cockpit life-support and back-up is functional and running...yes, anvil squadron 3 with 4, waiting for anvil 4's response to my communications..."

The mech shook its limbs, stretching for its first battle. Ivy leaned back in her seat, sliding a tiny tube of brown matte lipstick from her breast pocket and slowly applying it on with help from the front face camera. It was something she always did before battle with many people seeing it as something for good luck or a femininity display of war face paint towards enemies.

Ivy never admitted she wore the lipstick in case she never returned. And, when her body was found, at least she looked good dead.

Cassandra Brandford - Doctor Location Sick bay

Cassandra Brandford Had been aboard the Andromeda for weeks seeing that all the necessary supplies had arrived and were properly stowed and categorized for efficient use. She liked the early days aboard before the crew and squadrons began to arrive. She liked quiet and order. Still, these were the people that she would be serving and she tried to be at least courteous. She had a hard time with that though especially when she was in get it organized mode. She demanded that her sick bay and rooms be totally ready and functional before she could relax and try to enjoy any of the amenities, such as they were, aboard the ship.

She pressed both hands to the small of her back and stretched. She was exhausted but there were still things that needed done. These were not things anyone else would have felt were necessary but she was always doing that little extra, no matter what the task. Her hair which hung below her waist was tied in a knot at her neck to keep it out of the way but there was some of it breaking free and sliding down along her cheeks. She was tired, but she was not ready to stop. Reaching for her water, she heard an alert over the intercom. "Well hell," was all she said and took a sip of the water and then went back to work. Luckily she wasn't going to be needed immediately, at least she hoped not.

Reactions: Dunruffle
Scarlett and Clyde soon joined Jack and Clive in the dropship as another squad piled in next to them. If one looked around the inside of the dropship they would notice something peculiar. Everything that could move around was either tied down, velcroed, or duct taped to the inside of the hull. There were also several mysterious stains on the floor and walls. Scarlett racked the bolt of her sniper rifle as Clyde and the other soldiers checked their weapons. The intercom came on and Erik's voice came on inside the dropship. "Welcome ladies and gentleman to the vomit comet! As a reminder, please keep all arms and legs inside the dropship at all times. If you feel the need to vomit...well...lets just say I am all out of barf bags." Suddenly his frivolous tone turned serious. "Now if you would all join me for a short prayer, and if you aren't religious too bad." "Oh one above, bless our weapons so that we may smite our foes. Bless our armor to shield us from harm. Steady our hands so that our aim may be true. Guide us all to victory so that we may protect the weak and return home victorious."

The deck crew began signalling for dropships to take off as the massive hanger doors opened up to reveal the starry expanse and the planet below. Revving the powerful engines, Erik gently lifted off and flew out the hangar and joined the formation for dropships as they waited for the rest. Getting in his mech, Logan checked the systems as he powered up. "Anvil one ready to go." A few spots away, a fresh new mech powered up and Ron's voice could be heard. "Anvil four online." The flight crew quickly directed the four mechs into the waiting drop barge. As soon as they were in, the barge door closed and the mag locks clamped down on the mechs to prevent them from moving around due to turbulence. Logan opened up his comms to his squad and spoke up. "Alright remember the standard drop procedure. The barge will come in low and slow and the floor will open up and drop us. Make sure to use your jump jets to adjust for the speed and gravity. Many a rookie has had his mech face plant on his first drop. After that, stick to your partner and follow me to the capitol. Good luck everyone." The barge lumbered out into formation and soon the assault force was ready. All the pilots received the all clear and the ships dropped towards the planet below.

"Now that we are ready to go, get ready for the ride of your life." Erik turned on his comm and switched to the tertiary channel, 'Thanks for tuning in to radio comet. I am your host Erik and I will be providing the tunes for the battlefield. Now to kick things off lets start with a kickass song for the drop." As the mass of dropships plummeted to the waiting planet, starfighters zoomed past to engage the waiting defending fighters. Erik cranked up the volume on his ship as it punched into the atmosphere. Body Bag by Beartooth began blaring through the speakers as flak clouds began to blossom around the dropship. Shrapnel pinged off the hull as the ground defense systems sent trails of lasers and bullets after the ships. A nearby dropship was hit by flak, ripping open the hull and sending bodies flying as it erupted in a fireball. Erik cursed and quickly pulled the Comet into an upwards barrel roll over the fiery wreckage. One of the soldiers held a hand over his mouth as he puked, unsuccessfully trying to hold in the vomit as it splashed all over him. Suddenly a burst of lasers flashed past the ship as a planetary fighter began chasing them. "Fuck! This is Comet 8-2! I got a bogey on my tail." Erik shouted into his comm as he jinked the ship around to prevent the pursuer from getting a lock on. "I got you Comet hang on. I am coming right at you. Pull up in two mikes." A starfighter was racing straight at them and launched a pair of missiles. Erik quickly pulled up and the missiles vaporized the chasing fighter. "Thanks man, drinks on me." Erik grinned as he approached the park. Swooping down, he quickly stopped and hovered over the basketball court. "Alright grunts this is your stop! Everyone out!" The soldiers quickly disembarked and took up defensive positions as the Comet raced back into the sky.

Meanwhile the drop barge had fared better since it was going to the outskirts away from the main defenses. The red light inside the bay turned green and the floor dropped open, releasing the mechs inside. Logan glided down and when he landed he checked his weapon systems. "Alright squad weapons hot. On me!" Nearby, Ron had barely activated his thrusters in time and landed with a ground shaking thump. "Ready Sir! Scans indicate no hostiles nearby." Suddenly a defense fighter flashed overhead and a missile impacted against the drop barge. "This is Wombat 5! I am hit! Going down!" The pilot called out as the barge drunkenly swerved to the side and crashed into the ground. The scream of pain from the pilot could be heard then the comms cut out. Ron swiveled to the side and looked back over at Logan. "Sir! We should go check to see if he survived!"

Reactions: Pray4me
On the bridge, Gerald watched as the dropships and fighters flew down to the planet. "Bose! Keep us on our current course and sync us with the planet's rotation. Berkowitz! See if you can open a line to the governor." Gerald opened up a window on his datapad and sent out a message to all the heads of the different sections of the ship. "Operation Liberty is underway. I want a full status report from all of you as soon as possible."

Quinn Tark Location: Planet Surface

Quinn hated this part, the waiting to drop, the anticipation. Even through the ships thick hull and the mechs sealed chassis Quinn could still hear the ongoing battle that waged outside. Before Quinn could focus on that a loud BUZZ was heard as the ground beneath her disappeared and Anvil squad began their decent.

The mech landed on the surface of the planet with a loud thud, the inside of the cockpit rattled slightly as most of the impact was absorbed from the legs and landing thrusters. Quinn did a quick systems check to make sure nothing was damaged during the decent.The screen showed ALL SYSTEMS GO "This is Anvil 2 all systems go." Quinn jolted her neck to the side causing a loud CRACK to fill the humming cockpit. The silence was then filled with an SOS "This is Wombat 5! I am hit! Going down!" Quinn checked her radar and saw the doomed craft falling towards the surface. Ron called over the radio that they should go help the downed craft "We have our own mission Anvil 4, Wombat 5 knew the risks!"

Clive Yarin: Vomit Commet

As far as planet drops go Clive had had worse, the Vomit Comet danced through the atmosphere doing it's best to avoid becoming a firework in the sky. Clive sat in his seat focusing on the mission at hand, deep breath in, deep breath out. The Vomit Comet miraculously reached the surface without killing all inside.

Clive Yarin: Planet Surface

Clive jumped out of the craft and checked his HUD to see his objective, without hesitation he began making his was towards the supply cache.

Yvette "Ivy" Lancaster

A feeling of a swarm of bees flying through a bunch of butterflies fluttered in Ivy's stomach as she waited patiently for the drop into battle. Her long fingernails drummed along one of the shifts on the side of her chair as her leg shook. She felt she had something to prove after the encounters back on the hangar bay. Her name was spoken back at the Academy. There was a high chance stories of her adventures in her service may be cycling through the general public. Failing wasn't an option, but neither was giving a lackluster performance. Sure, she may be given a little slack due to disabilities, age, and her time away from battles. But, that was something Ivy didn't want placed on herself. She wanted to be that one soldier that others could rely on. One with experience on her side along with her wicked skills as a mech pilot.

Ivy took the time to check her arm. On the crease on the interior of her elbow was tattooed red dot when pressed flashed on the lights beneath her faux skin. There a screen was visible through the skin, showing Ivy the HUD of her arm with battery life, strength gauge, damage percentage and extra support all on display. Everything was in check and working at full function.

The dropship took a heavy bump until it started to slow. Ivy knew the drop was about to happen. She readied herself, quickly checking all monitors before positioning herself better in her seat.

The loud 'buzz' rang in her ear, the feeling of the floor slipping from underneath rocked her body as her mech dropped to the ground below. Taking a sharp breath, Ivy flicked on her landing thrusters to gently land evenly. Her mech hissed as it stabled itself, bouncing back into the correct position.

Out the corner of her eye, Ivy spotted the doomed drop barge crashing into the ground nearby. She instinctively raised her mech's arm to cover the cockpit from any flying debris that could be aiming her way. She looked away as the explosion fizzled out, leaving only a wrangled mess of hot metals and a deathly smoke bloom.

"Let's proceed, Anvil 4 please stay by my side and keep focus on our mission. Rescue will be with them shortly," Ivy explained calmly, yet firmly through the radio. "Our life at this moment is to complete and deem this mission accomplished. Nothing more."​

Cassandra finished getting everything set to right in the sickbay and sat at her desk to rest for just a moment. She hadn't even really settled into her quarters yet, but that wasn't pressing at all. This sick bay would be needed before long she was sure. This was a dangerous operation, and there would be wounded and there would be casualties. She hated when she couldn't save someone, but she also knew her limits and accepted them.

She'd only been sitting for about five minutes when her communications badge informed her of injured civilians being transported to the ship. "Acknowledged," she replied and made her way to the transport loading dock along with two medics. She arrived before the transport thanks to rather long legs and a quick stride. She tapped her comm badge, "Status of patients," she requested.

A deep voice answered back, "Five patients. Two critical. One minor. One significant blood loss. One amputated left leg below the knee but stable."

She tapped her comm badge again and started giving instructions to the nurses and medics in sick bay. "Five beds Harrison, two isolation chambers Biggs, have transfusion cart at the ready Mason." She knew her crew was a good one, she trusted them to carry out her orders to the letter. The transport docked and she was inside as quickly as possible assessing the patients and scanning each. "Point...move the two stable patients to sick bay one and two," she instructed, "Graves...take this one to sick bay 3," she said of the blood loss victim. She didn't like the way that one looked. She made her way to where the one medic who had been on board the transport was located. He was with the two critical patients. He looked up and nodded, "Chest crushed by falling debris," he said nodding to the patient behind him. "Shrapnel shredding to the extremities and blunt force trauma to the head." He was working on the shrapnel patient and her brow lifted, "Performing surgery?" she asked calmly, "Ma'am, had no choice." He had cut the young woman open and relieved the pressure on her brain, likely saving her life. "Good work," she said as she moved to the chest patient who was gasping for every breath. She ran the scanner over him and when he reached up for her hand she smiled a comforting smile, "Relax," she said in a very calm voice that was full of compassion, "It will help you breathe if you relax." She tapped her hand to her comm again, "Engineering...Four to beam directly to sick bay..."

She didn't ask the medic if he wanted to come along, she was in her own way ordering him to do so. They were teleported directly to sick bay and ushered to sick bay 4 and 5. The isolation chamber was immediately put in place over the man who had sustained the chest injury. The air pressure inside the chamber made it easier for him to breath and after he was sedated, she went to work fixing his ribs, lungs and cracked sternum. He would be a while recovering but he would be fine.

She left sick bay 5 and went to 4. The medic was removing shrapnel as fast as he could while one of her nurses applied the sutures. She scanned the patient's brain functions and lifted her eyes to the medic, "You saved her life," she said succinctly as she began to repair the internal damage. She closed up the hole he'd made to save her and then started on the shrapnel picking with him. They soon were finished with her and she tipped her head to the medic, "Thank you. You may return to your ship If you so desire."

He nodded, "Thank you Sir," he said formally, "There are others. I will be back." He moved to leave and then stopped and turned back, "Lt. Marley Ma'am," he informed her, "report will eventually follow."

She lifted a brow and watched him leave. She went to the blood loss patient and scanned him. His nurse had given the proper blood but this man was losing blood as fast as he was getting it but not through any visible wound. She held the scanner over the man's heart and frowned. She moved the scanner to his brain and frowned again. He was lot going to make it. She wasn't fast enough to save him but she would try. She enclosed him in the isolation chamber and went to work. She would get one thing repaired and another would burst. His vessels were so weak and his blood pressure so high that she was fighting a losing battle and she knew it. She would not stop until he did though, so for hour after hour she continued. Sweat was dabbed from her brow finally the man flat lined. She attempted to revive him but in doing so another vessel to his heart ruptured. She closed her eyes and withdrew her hands from the chamber. "Time of death 02:00," she said as she left bay 3. She sunk into a chair and buried her hands in her hair. She was exhausted, but there were more patients to check on. She rose to her feet and looked at Lt. Mason, "See if you can find some identification."

The last two patients were stable and alert. The one woman had been extremely fortunate to have sustained only minor injuries that were already tended to, the one who'd lost his leg was alert but not in good spirits. She assured him that she had extensive knowledge of bio mechanics and that a new leg would be built and he would soon be back to his life. She had complete confidence in her abilities. They would take measurements and create a duplicate of his other leg and she would surgically attach it to his thigh and he would jog out of there.

Logan looked over at the crashed badge and shook his head. "Negative Anvil 4, stay with Ivy. Alright squad, I have marked our route on the nav. Stay loose and keep an eye out." Logan pushed his mech into a steady jog, occassionally thrust jumping over debris and craters. After a few minutes of travel they reached the outskirts of the city. "Alright squad, remember the plan and-" He suddenly stopped as a light armored vehicle emerged from behind a building and headed towards them. Charging his weapons, Logan aimed at the vehicle but stopped when his optics revealed the symbol of the planetary defense force on the side. "Hold fire! Possible friendly inbound." A soldier popped out of the hatch on top and began waving a white cloth, then the vehicle sent a comm signal to the walkers. "Hold fire walkers! This is antonio of the PDF! Squad designation Puma 2-3. Our group was escorting refugees out of the city when we were ambushed. Our main force is pinned down and women and children are with them! We need fire support ASAP. Can you assist?" Logan checked the PDF database and once he verified their identity he keyed his comlink. "Affirmitive Puma 2-3 we are on our way to the inner city but we can make a detour. What's the situation?" Antonio sighed in relief and pulled up next to Logan. "We were almost out of the suburbs when we got hit by rpgs heavy fire. Our heavy tank was hit and cannot return fire and the rest of the convoy is doing their best to cover the civilians. The rebels are dug in inside a school house and we need heavy firepower to root them out. Sending you the location now" Logan nodded and commed Ivy and Ron. "Anvil 3 and 4 circle around behind the building and wait for us to fire on them. Once they try to retreat you cut them down. Anvil 2 you stick with me. Alright puma 2-3, lead on."

At the supply cache a group of rebels had gathered out front around a handcuffed individual. "Well looks like out little scout here thought he could snipe a few of us and get away with it." He then kicked the captive in the stomach and laughed as he doubled over in pain. "Aww, are you gonna beg for mercy? Maybe if you are convincing enough we will kill you painlessly."

On the ship, a soldier wntered the medical bay and approached Cassandra. "Ma'am I am here to escort you down to the planet surface. There are soldiers and civilians too injured to make the trip up here and the admiral has ordered several of the doctors here to assist. I know you may not be used to working in the field but there are people dying down there. When you are ready to go, head to the hangar and find the pilot erik riggs, he will be your pilot taking you down." He then saluted and rushed out of the room.

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Cassandra looked up when the soldier entered. He didn't have to explain the need for her. "Give me five minutes," she said and started to gather items from all around the room and set them on a central prep cart. She tapped her com, "All personnel to central sick bay." She waited for them to appear and looked around at the group, "Point and Graves. You are with me. Harrison, Biggs and mason, monitor the patients here and report and changes. I will be going to the surface to treat those too injured to make the trip to us. Make ready as many bays as possible."

She looked at Point and Graves, "We'll need to carry as much as we can. Make sure it's a full pack, bandages, scanners, sutures, sedatives and better bring the burn and flesh kits as well. If I can carry 100 pounds so can you." she said and then looked at the others, "Dismissed, Graves you are in charge here until i return."

Graves saluted, "Ma'am, Will do."

Cassandra gave a nod, "As I am well aware, Graves." She knew he would do everything expected and more. He was a good second. she looked at the soldier once they had the packs full of everything they could carry. She had one extra that she handed to the soldier, "There was a medic," she said, Lieutenant Marley...He will need that pack if he's not already left the ship."

With that she left sick bay and followed the soldier to the launch bay. It was beginning.

@Dunruffle

Sheamus groaned in pain as the rebel kicked him in the stomach. He recovered and pulled himself up so that he was looking at the man who had dome the deed.

"Funny" Sheamus said, "Your mother begged for mercy as I took her under me" He said with a small grin.

As the rebel swung a right hook at Sheamus' face, he surged suddenly forward, head-butting the man fingers with a satisfying crunch as bones broke.

The rebels quickly surged on him, kicking him so he was hunched over and coughing up blood and spittle.

All Sheamus could do then was groan and wait.

@Dunruffle

Last edited:
Yvette "Ivy" Lancaster

Ivy glanced at the blinking marker on her map.

"Got it," she reported in.

She positioned her mech near her partner's and began to follow the squadron to their marked location. Her eyes bounced from screen to screen while looking out into the mess of an environment the battle created. It was always a depressing sight to see any sort of place being bombed and destroyed, homes and businesses crushed to leave thousands of people homeless and desperate for help. There was so much the Alliance or any trusted organization can do for these war-struck people. Shelter, food, water and medicine were always a necessity, but once that was given, that was all anyone can do.

They're still lost without a home, maybe missing a family member or worse, distraught and damaged from what they've seen and heard. Her nurturing instinct always kicked in when seeing broken families huddled closely in safe spots. There isn't much she can do for them besides win the war.

Ivy was still on high alert during the somewhat calm travel to the outskirts of the city when her mech alerted her to a possible incoming vehicle. With Logan, Ivy raised her weapon, but only pointed to the vehicle in more of a threatening manner than charging it up. There was something off about it. The way it approached them and suddenly raising a white flag towards them.

She lowered her weapon and listened to the emergency. Ivy gripped the handles of the shifts until her knuckles turned white. She prayed they would be able to assist. Not being able to help the refugees would break her heart, knowing how terrified they were being surrounded by the enemy. But, she wasn't the one in charge of the squadron. It was up to Logan to decide.

"Yes, I understand," Ivy nodded as she confirmed the plan Logan shared, adjusting the microphone on the headpiece closer to her smiling lips.

As Puma 2-3 led them to the location, Ivy took the time to study the terrain. It reminded her of the practice area back when she first joined the Alliance. Using the fallen buildings as cover and advantage points, figuring out where the enemy would mostly lie and wait, what was dangerous for the mech and what wasn't. All her training was slowly coming back to her during this first mission.

Soon the sounds of gunfire and explosions could heard as the mechs rounded a building. A convoy of armored transports was in a half circle around a group of terrified refugees. A heavy tank was in a smoldering heap down the street and the burnt bodies of the crew were strewn about. The soldiers in the convoy were taking shots at a building across the street but heavy gunfire was keeping them pinned down. "Alright Puma 2-3, tell your people to take cover, we will take it from here. All power to forward shields anvil 2. Anvil 3 and 4 circle around back and cut off their escape." Quinn rogered and shunted all of her shields to face forward as her and Logan walked in front of the convoy. The gunfire stopped for a moment, as if the insurgents were mulling over what to do with their newfound opponents. Suddenly the fire from the buildings erupted in even greater intensity. Most of the small arms fire bounced off the shields but a heavy machine gun was chugging out bullets that every so often pinged off of the mech armor. "Anvil 2! Take out that HMG!" Quinn nodded and brought up her targeting display. "On it Anvil 1!" After a brief moment of aiming, Quinn's heavy cannon boomed and a section of the building was vaporized. "Alright! Anvil 3 and 4! Get ready they will be trying to escape out the back!."

Meanwhile, Ron nervously waited in his mech next to ivy. His cannon was aimed at the rear exit and he anxiously gulped. "Hey Ivy...Is it wrong if I feel bad for doing this?" His question was cut off by Logan's announcement. The doors burst open and a group of insurgents fled out of the building only to be stopped short by the sight of the two large mechs. Ron froze, his finger on the trigger as he stared at the men in front of him. Deciding to take action, one of the rebels aimed his rocket launcher at Ron and fired. The missile impacted against Ron's shields, showering his cockpit with bits of shrapnel. Jarred by the explosion, Ron pulled the trigger and returned fire. The cannon blast landed in between three rebels. One was vaporized completely. The other was blown in half length wise as the third had his arm sheared off. Ron stared in fascinated horror as the third man fell to the ground screaming, oblivious to the other rebels firing at him.

The soldier was waiting at the entrance to the hanger bay and turned as he saw Cassandra and her group approaching. "Here ma'am I got it." Before she could protest the soldier took her bags and led the group to the vomit comet. Erik was still in his flight suit as he smoked a stim-stick (against regulation) and smiled as he saw the group approaching. "Whats up doc? Naw dont answer, really old joke. Anyways I will be your ride down." He hopped into the cockpit and started the engines as the soldier tied down the bags and took a few pills. Seeing Cassandra looking at the pills he held up the bottle for her to see. "For motion sickness ma'am. This pilot has a reputation and I do not want to mess up your gear." He then sat down and buckled himself in and donned his helmet, replacing his young face with the expressionless mask.

Cassandra started to protest but dropped it and let his stow her pack. She lifted a brow to Erik and shook her head, "Older than my grandparents I think," she added and nodded to the other, "I appreciate the thought," she said in response to his not wanting to mess up her gear, "I'm sure those on the ground will appreciate it more than I do though," she added and strapped herself in.

Graves and Point followed her into the shuttle and stowed their packs and took seats as well. They pulled the straps tight having heard the other one speak of the pilot's reputation. They gave each other a sideways glance and then were just like the other man, sitting motionless and waiting for the worst flight of their lives.

Cassandra called to the front, "Ready in back," she said as she tightened her own harness. She wasn't generally subject to motion sickness but recklessness made her a bit nervous. Her mind was then occupied with procedure and possibilities and not on the flight at all. She had no idea what they were stepping into and that was not her preferred way of preparing for a situation. She could only hope she had everything they would need.

Status
Not open for further replies.